Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I loved this pick. Glad we were able to get him so late. Watching that video, he also looks lean, so I'm sure he could add 15-20 lbs no problem, hopefully with no effect on his quickness. He has great burst and gets into the backfield a lot. We need more energy on the team I think, and he sure has some.

Legend
Legend
Perrion Winfrey: "I feel like, at first, I'll be more seen than heard. Just letting my actions do the talking and, obviously, following anything Myles Garrett does. He goes to the bathroom, I go to the bathroom. He gets a drink of water, I'm getting a drink of water."

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: mgh888, FATE, OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea why he would want to follow Myles to the bathroom but maybe that's a topic for another time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I'd pay good money to watch Winfrey play D&D with Myles Garrett.

Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I have no idea why he would want to follow Myles to the bathroom but maybe that's a topic for another time.

There goes the Browns chances on signing Clowney ! I can just hear Clowney saying " Hell No ! no rookie following me to pee ! "

E
Legend
Legend
E
Winfrey was my prediction for our pick at #44. I can't remember I made so many predictions well one of them... rofl

The kid checks all the boxes. He is Young, he is good and fits our system. He was a steal where we got him. Cannot wait for football to start as we really didn't get any thrills from the draft. We got to get into the first round next year and pick somebody that we are targeting.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm just hoping we can channel that energy and personality productively on and off the field. Hopefully, he can get some pointers from Myles off the field, too. It's not that I'm expecting problems, but all that energy has to go somewhere. Here's to him harnessing it for good, in a way that complements his on field development.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
We are going to miss Malik Jackson.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
We are going to miss Malik Jackson.

I sincerely hope your where joking ... The dude was running on two flat tires.

[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I'm just hoping we can channel that energy and personality productively on and off the field. Hopefully, he can get some pointers from Myles off the field, too. It's not that I'm expecting problems, but all that energy has to go somewhere. Here's to him harnessing it for good, in a way that complements his on field development.

I thought that myself at first. Then I saw a 2nd interview with the reporters and was impressed with the kid. He is well spoken and seems like a fairly deep thinker who was speaking honestly and not just saying a bunch of rehearsed mumbo jumbo.

I think the kid is going to be a good addition and a good actor off the field. With his play, yep, we are probably going to deal with a few roughing calls etc, but that can be coached down because in the end I think the guy is about team and doesn't want to be the guy responsible for hurting the team. So we will see some flags on the guy for a while. I think we will see that improve.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c...

I guess his PC was never posted here. It's a pleasure to listen to this kid. His mindset, for a rookie is clear-cut... without being "cookie-cutter". One of most impressive rookie PCs I've ever watched.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great guy !

Can't stand the media and their very stupid questions !!

Legend
Legend
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/perrion-winfrey-feels-all-of-the-love-from-cleveland

Perrion Winfrey feels all of the 'love' from Cleveland
Winfrey has teammates from Oklahoma, his preferred number and a fanbase that has embraced him the moment he was drafted
May 16, 2022 at 05:03 PM

[Linked Image from static.clubs.nfl.com]

Perrion Winfrey has been with the Browns for only two weeks, but the fourth-round rookie DT can already list several reasons as to why Cleveland has made all too much sense as his first NFL home.

He's already become a fan-favorite — Winfrey's bark-filled introductory press conference was the most viral highlight from the Browns' draft weekend, and it's led to fans showering him with barks in public and on social media.

"The love has been crazy," Winfrey said Friday on the first day of Browns rookie minicamp. "Immediately when I got off the plane, there were fans there with helmets and stuff. I don't even know how they got in the airport. I've been signing a whole bunch of signatures, and everybody has been showing love."

He's also No. 97. Winfrey wore that number at Lake Park High School in Chicago and at Iowa Western Community College, the JUCO school where Winfrey became the top JUCO recruit in the country in 2020 and positioned himself for an opportunity to attend Oklahoma for two years. He already had the number tattooed with a "9" on his right hand and "7" on his left with flames around the numbers symbolize the adversity he's overcome.

Winfrey said the number was the only one available to him from the Browns.

"I feel like it was destined, to be honest with you," he said.

Add in the fact that Winfrey is joined by two other Oklahoma teammates drafted by the Browns in close friend and D-line companion DE Isaiah Thomas, a seventh-round pick, and WR Michael Woods II, a sixth-round pick, and it's easy to see why Winfrey has been able to embrace Cleveland so quickly.

He has everything he needs around him to feel comfortable and confident — including an opportunity to possibly become a big contributor from the start. The Browns are looking for two new starters for their defensive tackle rotation come training camp, and Winfrey, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound bull rusher, is certainly an option despite his rookie status. He became one of the top defensive tackles of the Big 12 in his two years with the Sooners by using his size and massive upper-body to win battles against blockers, leading to 5.5 sacks and 11 tackles for a loss last year, and the Browns believe those skills could translate instantly to the NFL.

Those traits stuck out in a big way in February at the Senior Bowl, where Winfrey won MVP. Several draft analysts predicted him to land as a Day 2 pick as a result, but he had to wait until the early portion of Day 3 to receive his phone call.

Any frustration from the draft slide, however, was short-lived once Winfrey realized what kind of opportunity he could have in Cleveland.

"I slipped in the draft, and at this point, it is what it is because I'm a part of a great organization and I have great players next to me," he said. "I'm in a defense where I could penetrate and disrupt things, so it was the best thing for me, to be honest."

Winfrey has another small link to Cleveland that's made his transition feel fitting — he idolizes NBA legend LeBron James, whom he actually spoke with on the phone after he signed with Klutch Sports Group, the same group that represents James.

"(He told me) just don't listen to the outside noise," Winfrey said. "Just to be the best version of myself every single day and try to be better than I was yesterday. Not so far looking at the destination, but enjoying the journey and falling in love with the grind, and then everything I want will come into play if I just put my head down and work."

Winfrey's career is only in its infant stages, but the job so far has come easy to him. He's the type of player who rarely runs out of energy, and the abundance of immediate comfort he's found in Cleveland has helped him channel it toward all things football.

"It's been amazing just being out here, finally getting to know what team I'm on," he said. "Just being able to be a part of an organization and knowing what organization I'll be on is great."

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I don't know if it is wishful thinking or if he reminds me a little of a John Randle. A Guy that didn't go where he possibly should have. Extremely high motor, active and electric personality...He may not be "Crazy" like Randle...LOL...but the energy is certainly there. In some ways...maybe we were lucky he was playing out of position in a 3-4 as a NT. And he may very well be perfect for our scheme. Really don't know what will happen but I can honestly say that I really like the kid and will be rooting for him. I mean it doesn't always work out...I think we all rooted for Sheehy....we all were over joyed, as the team was, when he ran that punt back in the preseason...Winfrey I feel has a much better chance to succeed but it is still that same kind of love...you want to see a guy like him succeed...Will be fun to watch. And if he can play like John Randle...even better...LOL

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked Randle, I feel Donald was better and I hope Winfrey is above both of them.

Legend
Legend
Now that Clowney is back in the fold, I am kinda excited for Winfrey. Myles on one side and Clowney on the other.... if he brings the energy we've seen, this DLine is going to be a handful.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Perrion Winfrey, DT, drafted at pick 108

Link Copied to Clipboard