Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1945490 05/18/22 09:54 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is probably a sensitive subject and I'm sure some will go off on me about this. However, I have a problem w/athletes who were born male and who--and I quote-
"Trans women should compete with biological women, so long as they can demonstrate that they have lost their sex-linked, male-puberty advantage prior to competition in the women’s category." That quote is from Nancy Hogshead-Makar, an Olympic Swimming Champion.

I have no problem w/transgendered people. They should be able to live their lives as they choose. They should not be subjected to ridicule, bias, or discrimination.

However, science is a real thing. I am not knocking females, but males are genetically different in terms of strength and other areas. That doesn't mean they are superior. it's just science and how things are.

I do not think it is fair that transgendered athletes like Lia Thomas are permitted to compete and dominate female athletes. I have seen similar situations crop their ugly head in track and field for years.

My daughter was a very competitive athlete. She ran cross country in the fall to prepare for basketball. She was captain of her basketball team. She was good enough to start in center field for her high school softball team and ran multiple events for the track team. The cool thing was that the softball coach and track coach worked things out so she could do so. She was almost always at softball practices, but she would show up once a week at track practice, qualify as one of the best times in certain events, and then run in them provided there wasn't a softball game that day.

We had a get-together on Sunday and were at one point, the discussion of transgendered athletes came up. I made my feelings known, but was interested to hear what my daughter had to say. She brought up how she has trans friends. We all knew that, but it's important because she is very open-minded. She champions them as much as she can, but when asked about competing against them..............she said......and I am paraphrasing from memory......but........it just seems like men have always been trying to limit our opportunities and this is just another example of them taking something away from us. We can never have anything of our own.

Something to contemplate...

Legend
Legend
Nothing for me to contemplate. I am completely against biological men competing in women's sports. I couldn't care less about people being trans. They can do and be whatever they wish, outside of joining women sports.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: GMdawg, Versatile Dog
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sports is a measure of physical prowess. Biological males and females are very different with different abilities. They should be separated biologically.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have mixed feeling about this. First, I've witness natural girls dominate boys football until around ninth grade. At that point, they boys start to get stronger and the girls develop girl parts that shouldn't be inadvertently fondled. So co-ed competition is unfair to females, most females anyway. The Williams girls could probably play cornerback in the NFL, if it was their sport, and give as good as they get, they are two strong ass women. But they are the exception, IMO. Second, I don't like to discriminate against anyone, especially a protected class. But an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage. If a transgender female, born a male, has noodle arms, I see no harm in competitive female sports for them. But that can change fast. Men build bigger and stronger muscles than women "on average", and a trans women (born a man) has a definite advantage. I'm not sure there is a case of trans males, born female, competing in men's sports; but there is no argument I can see for not allowing that. If other athletes are uncomfortable with it, that's their personal issue IMO. Some of the women playing arena ball are tougher than our scrubs. So I'm not even sure that should be an issue if a trans women played.

If people really have an issue with it, maybe we should consider "a league of their own" in the pros. I don't think that's feasible for high schools or colleges. So no matter what is done, somebody is going to be disappointed.

Here is a good question, how big an issue is this, really? How many trans people play sports against the opposite sex they were born as in reality? I can't imagine that trans people all together make up more than an infinitesimally small percentage... Is it really worth even being worked up about? Personally, I think this is a gaslighting issue for the right. They are really good at getting people whipped up into a frenzy over NADA, imo.

So I guess you could say, I'm undecided and need more data to form an opinion. But I am absolutely decided on the way trans kids are being treated in red states, and I think that crap is horrible and inexcusable.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/18/22 10:29 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am not the "right" and I am not "gaslighting."

I am expressing my views as a human being and a defender of women.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This topic isn't even worth commenting on. The truth is obvious.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yet, you made a comment.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

If we get rid of men's and women's sports and just have generic sports like "basketball".... would make things equal for everyone?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At some point, there are physical differences that cannot be ignored. Probably high school.

I hear a lot about fairness, but is it really fair to biological girls to compete against a transgendered girl? And if this was a truly gender neutral issue there would be stories of transgendered girls having a distinct advantage in male sports. To my knowledge there are none or only a few.

So my thoughts are that if being trans is more important than competitive sports, you probably made a decision that would preclude your future ability to compete.

There has been a lot of press coverage around the college level transgendered person that competes as a girl. I don’t agree with that decision.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
j/c

If we get rid of men's and women's sports and just have generic sports like "basketball".... would make things equal for everyone?

Because there would be no women participants. Women and men run the same marathons. Hope many times has a woman won a marathon outright?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I am not the "right" and I am not "gaslighting."

I am expressing my views as a human being and a defender of women.

Didn't say you were, just commenting on how I feel.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Here is a well-rounded article from a former Olympic medalist and current Civil Rights Attorney that deals w/the subject of transgendered athletes being allowed to compete against females.

Sex Matters: Why Transgender Athletes Must Not Compete Against Biological Females

Nancy Hogshead-Makar knows all about being a champion in the pool, and championing for the rights of female athletes. A four-time medalist at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, Hogshead-Makar has long fought for equality in women’s sports and is the head of Champion Women, which advocates for girls and women in sports. Hogshead-Makar wrote the following editorial in response to the controversy surrounding transgender swimmer Lia Thomas.

Inclusion and fairness are two vital values in the world of sports.

Transgender women should be allowed to compete in women’s athletics, so long as these individuals can show that they’ve mitigated the athletic advantages that come with male puberty.

As an Olympic champion and as a civil rights lawyer, I can assure you that there was nothing fair about transgender woman Lia Thomas competing for the University of Pennsylvania in NCAA swimming.

Worse, her domination of the ‘women’s sports’ category has done nothing to engender greater empathy for inclusive practices throughout society for the trans community.

I swam on the U.S. National Team for nine years, from 1976–1984, the same years that East German swimmers dominated women’s competitions by cheating with anabolic steroids.

I was able to win three Olympic gold medals and a silver medal because the East Germans boycotted the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.

We all knew they were cheating. The boycott announcement was a relief; I knew I’d have a fair shot at winning.

My Olympic gold medals changed the trajectory of my life.

Title IX, the federal law that prohibits sex discrimination, permits sex-segregation in sport – which means that, for the most part, men compete against men, and women compete against women.

Title IX gave me a fair opportunity to win and set records, as well as access to money, accolades, and leadership opportunities.

If Congress and courts had forbidden sex-segregated sports, the way race and religious segregation is prohibited, I would have qualified for my high school team, but I’d never have been the Hall of Famer that I became.

I doubt I’d have competed past high school.

Now imagine if all schools were only responsible for sponsoring one sports team and they put their best students — regardless of gender — on that team.

How many girls and women would make it?

For sure, millions of girls and women would lose out on the educational experience that participation in sports provides. An experience which is also linked to economic success and life-long health.

Trans women should compete with biological women, so long as they can demonstrate that they have lost their sex-linked, male-puberty advantage prior to competition in the women’s category.

Lia Thomas cannot make that demonstration.

While she has apparently been complying with NCAA rules requiring hormone therapy for over 2 ½ years now, she still competes with an unfair advantage.

How do we know Lia Thomas’ performances aren’t fair?

The average differential in the men’s and women’s ‘A’ standard times for NCAA championship qualification is 11.41%; meaning the women’s times are 11%+ slower than the men’s qualification times.

About the same differential occurs if you’re looking at almost any group of swimming records or qualification times between men and women, including regional or USA Swimming qualification times, American records, world records, NCAA records.

The gaps between men and women are generally larger in the sprints than they are in the long-distance events.

So, how big is that 11% advantage in swimming times for male swimmers?

Enormous.

To put it in perspective, Olympic superstar Michael Phelps held just a .08% of an advantage over his U.S. teammate and rival Ian Crocker in the 100 butterfly in the 2004 Olympics.

But Phelps held a 12.62% advantage over the women’s gold medalist, Australian Petria Thomas.

Phelps’ advantage over women equates to over 150 times more than the advantage that Phelps had over his male competitors.

If he had that same 12.62% advantage over his male competitors, he would have swam 6.47 seconds faster than he did to win the gold, or a time of 44.78 seconds.

Meanwhile, the gap between first and eighth in the men’s Olympic final was a tiny gap of just 1.31 seconds.

Lia Thomas, however, was not 11% slower. She was only 2.6% slower than she was pre-transition in the 200-yard freestyle, and just 5.76% slower in the 500-yard freestyle.

That is NOT mitigation. It is NOT fair.

I should add that it isn’t Lia’s fault.

The problem is with the NCAA’s rules that permitted Penn to keep her on their women’s team.

(Prior to the NCAA passing its transgender determination rules to USA Swimming, the governing body for college sports followed this rule).

“A trans female treated with testosterone suppression medication may continue to compete on the men’s team but may not compete on the women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one year of testosterone suppression treatment.”

But ‘one year of testosterone suppression treatment’ was not sufficient to level the playing field between Thomas and her female competitors.

If seven-time U.S. Olympic champion Caeleb Dressel transitioned and was somehow able to mitigate the advantage he gained during male puberty, including any legacy advantage, and then broke women’s swimming events, I’d think this outcome was fair.

Dressel is, after all, a once-in-a-generation athlete.

Thomas was never in that category of standout athlete for the many years she competed as a male.

Thomas proved that the advocates who assured the NCAA and their member schools that male puberty could be rolled back in a single year after consistent hormone treatment were wrong.

The rules should follow the evidence, and in this case it is clear: Thomas should not have been in head-to-head competition with biological females.

2020 research on transgender women athletes by Emma Hilton and Tommy Lundberg concluded that: “The biological advantage, most notably in terms of muscle mass and strength, conferred by male puberty and thus enjoyed by most transgender women is only minimally reduced when testosterone is suppressed as per current sporting guidelines for transgender athletes.”

Thomas qualified and could have competed in the men’s category, or could have competed in an exhibition race (where her results would not count) until the evidence and science catches up with sports practices.

Carrie Steinseifer and Nancy Hogshead at the 1984 Olympics – Photo Courtesy – Swimming World Magazine

In all my years competing with East German women who were doped to the gills, they were only slightly better than the best biological women; not one of them were competitive with men.

Moreover, if I had tested positive for testosterone, I probably would have suffered a four-year suspension from international competition.

But if I tested positive twice? I’d be banned for life.

Because the World Anti-Doping (Agency) knows that long-term testosterone use produces legacy effects that last much longer than just during the time it is used.

Critics of mine will likely ask: what about the goals of transgender inclusion in sport?

We know that transgender students are subject to bullying and high rates of suicide.

The argument is that girls and women should step aside and make way for transgender athletes to compete in the ‘girls’ and women’s’ sports categories, considering the blatant discrimination they face.

I say — no.

Girls and women shouldn’t give up their hard-won sports opportunities, no matter how real the harms suffered by transgender athletes.

Allowing transgender women to change the meaning of the women’s category makes as much sense as allowing 180-pound athletes into the 120-pound weight category, because larger athletes were subject to awful bullying and harassment.

Or allowing adults to compete against children, or only permitting impoverished nations compete in the Olympics.

Sport has been set up as binary with males and females, and sport needs to adapt by adding new events and classifications, rather than throwing out the meaning of the ‘girls’ and women’s’ categories.

Rather than trying to squeeze transgender athletes into one-of-two categories, male or female, sport needs to adapt.

I’ve now been an advocate for Title IX, the federal law requiring schools to prohibit sex discrimination, since the 1984 Olympics when I won my medals.

As a civil rights lawyer, I run Champion Women, a non-profit that provides legal advocacy for girls and women in sports. We produce data — for athletes, families, alumni and donors – which demonstrates just how badly 90% of colleges and universities are discriminating against women.

In total, women are denied over 183,000 opportunities to play collegiate sports, they’re denied over a billion dollars in athletic scholarships, and hundreds and millions of dollars in treatment, meaning women aren’t being given equal facilities, locker rooms, medical care, publicity, travel, and so forth.

I’ve never met a single female athlete that couldn’t list the ways they’re getting second-class treatment as compared to their male football or basketball players.

In those 38 years, I’ve never heard a single man say, ‘Oh you women face such overwhelming sex discrimination throughout society, particularly in sexual harassment and violence. Here, take our athletic facilities and scholarships.’

Quite the opposite.

The unwritten rule is that women’s sports can exist, so long as not a single male is harmed by women’s inclusion.

And yet, notice that women are expected to graciously move over and let trans athlete-inclusion change the meaning of the ‘women’s sports’ category.

It is sexist; we’d never allow the meaning of NCAA ‘men’s sports’ category to change so that current NFL and NBA teams could be included.

We’d never allow 25-year-old men to compete in boy’s high school events. And we would never tell those boys to just ‘work harder’ if they wanted to win.

I am ready to hear men’s outrage. I am ready for men to step up and make sports equality happen for women’s sports.

Lia Thomas showed all of us that the current rules are not fair and forcing her into the women’s category only engenders resentment.

That doesn’t mean, however, that transgender athletes should be excluded from the many benefits of sport.

Instead, sport must adapt in creative ways that are not harmful to the women’s category.

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.c...-not-compete-against-biological-females/

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is a topic where I tend to disagree with the liberal talking points. I see this as making it fair for the vast majority of those competing while not giving the vast minority an unfair advantage. I will say that if someone changed their sexual orientation at an early age, before they had fully developed, the advantage may not be so great or even greater at all. But I don't see any realistic way one could define that by a certain age. As anyone who has competed in athletics knows people develop at different ages and at different rates.

So bottom line is I agree with you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All one has to do is watch the MMA fight where the difference was disgustingly obvious. No link, as I have no desire to ever see that again, but it's easily googled.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
All one has to do is watch the MMA fight where the difference was disgustingly obvious. No link, as I have no desire to ever see that again, but it's easily googled.
Dude, I won't bother to watch that trash, but that is a new level of "whack".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure if you were talking about this, but you don't need to see anything, just read...

Fallon Fox, the first MMA fighter to come out as transgender, once fractured the skull of her opponent in an MMA fight in 2014.

Fox was challenging Tamikka Brents at CCCW (Capital City Cage Wars) event, where the 45-year-old fighter brutally defeated her American opponent. The fight lasted just over two minutes after the referee was forced to halt the contest.

Brents received seven staples to her head, and also suffered a concussion. She was overpowered by Fox to an extent that even the orbital bone inside her skull was fractured.

Well, as long as nobody's feeeeeelings were hurt.

Sick to my stomach.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jfanent

So I googled, had never heard of this, and I only watched on fast forward, so no idea about the audio... but this natural woman more than held her own IMO.

Vers, read this wiki on Fallon Fox. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

and the opposite here with Patricio Manuel transgender male boxer born a woman. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricio_Manuel

Looks like we need to protect natural women in full contact sport, IMO. But I see nothing wrong with trans males born as women competing.

I should add, taking the circumstances the statements were made in into consideration, the Joe Rogan crowd was still pretty damn nasty toward Fox. Some of the comments and things said would get me a permanent ban for posting here. Fighter Matt Mitrione went a good bit to far...

Youtube video titled "Dana White Update on Matt Mitrione Suspension for Fallon Fox and Transgender Rant", Dana White pretty much sums it up, but uses rough language.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/19/22 09:51 PM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
They should be banned from any type or level of womans sport. Make them compete with men.

Most of you aren't old enough, but some can remember the women out of the USSR and East Germany in Olympic games. They were women all geeked up on male hormones and steroids. They finally had to ban them, and they were natural born females.

The people who think this is a good idea are idiots.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think one of the things my daughter was talking about is how women are still not on equal footing w/men. It's something we overlook because women's rights have come so far since the 1960. However, look around just in the world of sports. Are there female head coaches in the NBA? Now, ask yourself if there are male head coaches in the WNBA? How about college basketball, hockey, etc? Female head coaches in men's sports? Male head coaches in women's sports? Why the discrepancy? Are we saying as a society that women are inferior and not capable of leading men? Are we saying that having a male leading women is needed?

Now, click on the link below. It's two photos put together. The top photo is the men's training facilities at the NCAA BB tournament in 2021. The bottom photo is of the women's facilities in that same year. I mean...........is this a freaking joke?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwyFootW8AEd9OI?format=jpg&name=large

So now, back to my daughter's point. We now have males competing against females in women's sports because they are transgendered and it's why she said "it's as if we can't have anything of our own."

One can do a quick search and see how transgendered athletes are dominating in many high track and field events. It is not fair and yet another slap in the face of the women in our country.

Please do not confuse issues here. Transgendered people should not face discrimination. They should not be shunned. They should be respected for who they are. They should have the same rights as others. They should be permitted to compete, but they should compete against men [provided they were born male] or maybe even w/in their own community if the numbers ever allow that. Plain and simple, there is a genetic difference that tarnishes true competition here and perhaps those that speak of women's rights on other issues may wish to honor females on this issue?

Legend
Legend
I'd bet that for most of us, it's a no brainer.. No way should a person born as a Male compete in female sports events as a female. Just not a thing for me to even wonder about. Should not be allowed....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Here is a good question, how big an issue is this, really? How many trans people play sports against the opposite sex they were born as in reality? I can't imagine that trans people all together make up more than an infinitesimally small percentage... Is it really worth even being worked up about? Personally, I think this is a gaslighting issue for the right. They are really good at getting people whipped up into a frenzy over NADA, imo.
If your daughter worked her entire life to be a swimmer and lost her Olympic spot to a swimmer who, up until a couple years ago, was a 6'3" man... suddenly the number of people affected by this would be a lot less important.

And if we are playing the numbers game, how many people with a penis get uneasy using a men's bathroom? Surely a very small percentage.. so just deal with it.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: FATE, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
If your daughter worked her entire life to be a swimmer and lost her Olympic spot to a swimmer who, up until a couple years ago, was is a 6'3" man... .

He's still a man. Even if he takes pills & supplements, even if he mutilates his genitalia to reshape it into something he likes more, it doesn't ACTUALLY change anything.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
If we of the woke world can self identify as anything we desire,

why not self identify as a world champ and do away with sports altogether?

just sayin'

O
Legend
Legend
O
It starts becoming a much bigger deal when potential scholarships are on the line, and stuff like that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
To add on to that....

Track Athletes Taking a Stand to Defend Women’s Sports

The Selina Soule, Chelsea Mitchell, and Alanna Smith Stories

UPDATE: Two more ADF clients take a stand for women's sports at the Ninth Circuit. Don't let them stand alone.

Male athletes have been dominating girls’ high school track and field events in Connecticut.

Yes. You heard that right.

Two male athletes who identify as female have won 15 women’s high school track championships that were once held by nine different girls in the state of Connecticut. Young women are losing athletic opportunities, dreams of competing at the next level, and even potential scholarships.

Thankfully, female athletes like Selina Soule, Chelsea Mitchell, and Alanna Smith are taking a public stand against the harmful policies that allow this to happen.

Edged out by males competing as girls
Selina Soule
Connecticut high school runner Selina Soule lost the opportunity to compete for a spot in the New England Regional Championships because two biological males who identify as female competed in her event.

At the 2019 Connecticut Indoor Track & Field State Championships, Selina finished one place away from qualifying for finals, and the opportunity to compete for a qualifying spot at the New England Regional Championships in the 55-meter dash. The first and second spots in the race were taken by two male athletes. This was a massive disappointment for Selina. It meant she had to sit on the sidelines instead of competing in front of college scouts!

Had those two biological boys not been allowed to compete, Selina could have qualified to run the 55-meter event at the New England regionals. The male who won Selina’s race set a girls’ state indoor record of 6.95 seconds in the 55-meter dash and went on to win the New England titles in both the 55-meter dash and the 300-meter dash.

But Selina wasn’t the only one impacted.

Chelsea Mitchell lost four state championship titles to male athletes.

A talented high school sprinter, Chelsea Mitchell was pursuing her dreams. She was on the road to achieving state titles and awards as a female track and field athlete in Connecticut until the two males showed up at the starting line.

Because of their biological advantage, these male athletes began to win these accolades that rightfully belonged to Chelsea. Four times, she lost a state championship title to a male athlete.

Alanna Smith
Alanna Smith is talented, and she trains hard. But in the end, she knows that will never be enough if she is forced to compete against males.

And then there’s Alanna Smith.

Alanna won the 400-meter dash at the 74th New England Interscholastic Track & Field Championships in June 2019 … as a freshman. She has a promising track career in front of her. Fortunately, no male athletes raced in the 400m dash at that meet—though a male athlete did compete in, and win, the 200m dash, bumping Alanna down to 3rd place. Alanna knows that being forced to compete against male athletes could threaten her opportunities to win championship titles and even earn scholarships.

That’s why Selina, Chelsea, and Alanna are taking a stand against policies that allow men to compete in women’s sports.

A growing problem
After first filing a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education, Selina, Chelsea, and Alanna filed a lawsuit against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC). The outcome of this case could impact young women nationwide.

Activists continue to oppose efforts to protect women’s sports at every turn. If they get their way, female athletes will soon end up on the sidelines of their own sports.

Selina Soule and Alanna Smith
Selina Soule and Alanna Smith are taking a stand to ensure female athletes like them can compete on a level playing field.

It’s very frustrating and heartbreaking when us girls are at the start of the race and we already know that these athletes are going to come out and win no matter how hard you try, Selina said. They took away the spots of deserving girls, athletes … me being included.

Selina, Chelsea, and Alanna are just a few examples. But this problem is growing. You can help defend Selina, Chelsea, Alanna and other female athletes being forced to compete against males. Read more about their case below.

Is this the end for women’s athletics?
Female athletes have made great strides since 1972, when Title IX was passed. Since then, girls have been given many of the same opportunities as their male counterparts.

But now, in schools across our country, those opportunities are being stripped away from female athletes. These girls are losing their spots at high-level competitions. But it’s not because their schools don’t offer their particular sports. And it’s not because they’re not good enough or don’t work hard enough.

It’s because the spots of these female athletes are going to biological males who identify as female. And that means these female athletes, who have worked so hard and for so long to achieve their dream, are losing opportunities to compete in front of college scouts.

“Allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women … We shouldn’t force these young women to be spectators in their own sport.”

—ADF Legal Counsel Christiana Holcomb
That’s exactly what happened to Selina, Chelsea, and Alanna. And that’s exactly why Alliance Defending Freedom filed a lawsuit against the CIAC.

After the CIAC adopted a policy that allows biological males who identify as female to compete in girls’ athletic events, boys have consistently deprived female athletes of honors and opportunities to compete at elite levels.

Crying foul against unfairness
The lawsuit demonstrates that the CIAC’s policy and others like it violate Title IX.

Title IX was designed to eliminate discrimination against women in education and athletics, and women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides, said Alliance Defending Freedom Legal Counsel Christiana Holcomb. Allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn’t force these young women to be spectators in their own sports.

Unless these flawed policies are overturned, female athletics could become completely dominated by biological males, robbing girls and women of countless opportunities.

As an athlete, it can be disappointing to narrowly miss a goal—to be one spot from medaling or a hundredth of a second from a qualifying time.

Selina and her fellow female athletes train countless hours to shave mere fractions of seconds off their race times, said Holcomb. They put in that effort in hope of the personal satisfaction of victory, and opportunity to participate in state and regional meets, or a chance at a college scholarship. But girls competing against boys know the outcome before the race even starts: They can’t win. Boys will always have physical advantages over girls; that’s the reason we have women’s sports.

Legend
Legend
You're right that there aren't a ton of instances of trans women taking away accolades from biological women... but isn't one time enough? I don't understand how someone competing as a biological male in college (which makes him already an elite swimmer) can in the next year compete against biological women... I support trans rights but disagree with a situation where a person lives as a male, goes through puberty and has the bone and muscle structure as a male and then gets to compete with biological women... look at the situation with Fallon Fox... how many biological women would have broken the skull of their opponent?

I also find Rachel Levine winning woman of the year ridiculous.... Rachel lived 54 years as a white male... 11 years as a transgender woman and she wins woman of the year? I personally find it disrespectful to the many worthy biological women who did not grow up with the privilege of being a white man...

ultimately it doesn't affect me at all.. I don't have a daughter... I'm a white man... but I just find it unfair to biological women and hope more speak out against it...

<><

#gmstrong
2 members like this: Clemdawg, archbolddawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed. Lia Thomas? Thompson? Uh...........no way that should be allowed.

Rachel Levine.......woman of the year? What a joke.

Both of those examples do the exact opposite of what they should, or think. It makes them a travesty.

Legend
Legend
I agree... for biological women both of those situations are steps in the wrong direction...

again, I have no problem with trans women or men... I have no problem with gay marriage... but I disagree with trans women competing against biological women.... and I found Rachel Levine winning woman of the year ridiculous... Person of the year (while I disagree with her winning that title) would have made more sense to me...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

we're gonna find how many people watch this video in its entirety. especially dealing with the issue of "fairness".

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Recap the video for me, bro. I don't feel like watching a 16 minute video on a video that started off very shaky. I'll take your word for things.

Legend
Legend
Recap the video for me, bro. I don't feel like watching a 16 minute video on a video that started off very shaky. I'll take your word for things.

she broke down the genetics behind the issue, which definitely leans toward the anti-trans in sports perspective. she then did the same biological breakdown when it comes to the issue of fairness, which then completely destroys the anti-trans narrative.

if sports was meant to be fair, that means we would calculate everything from height advantage, to weight and natural endurance. basically saying in order to make sports "fair" like people want, somebody who came in dead last in a marathon would be named the winner due to the fact that the person might not have the same access to training, resources, or natural abilities that someone who won the race does.

she showed a picture of the US Women's basketball team next to the el Salvador women's basketball team, and said the US has an unfair advantage to due to height.

so the only way to make anything fair in sports is to have everybody - regardless of the sport- have the same testosterone levels, same height, same feet length, same age, same everything in order to make anything fair.

sports has never been fair. and based on population, transgender people are actually underrepresented in the sports world.

in another example, the cavs should've been named the finals champions in 2015 due to love and kyrie being hurt. or the warriors should've been named the champion in 2016 due to lebron and the cavs being more talented than the warriors. or any of those D2 schools should have an automatic W when they play Alabama due to having much better access to 4-5 star recruits.

we start really getting into slippery slopes when discussing what's fair or not in sports.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thank you for the excellent summary. I appreciate that.

We are not going to agree on this one and that's okay. I just want to make sure you understand that my main goal was to champion the rights of women and not to degrade trans. It's why I brought up coaches in the the WNBA and NBA and women's college hoops and other sports. Men don't have to take every damn thing from women.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining the video to me because I was too lazy to watch it. I do appreciate that. And bro, if you are not already doing it [you probably are] make sure that your daughters understand that they don't need no man to make it in life and they are capable of anything they put their mind to. We need to empower females.

Legend
Legend
I can understand some of what she said but disagreed with a good bit of it... she (and you) are correct that some win the genetic lottery which can help an athlete... no matter what drive I have, I'm never becoming a professional basketball player... but just because Lebron won the genetic lottery that didn't guarantee he'd be a world class athlete... there's more than genetics that goes into sports...

where I really disagree is that while it's true there are 'unfair' advantages for those who have better genes suited for specific sport... those genes are natural... most sports have always banned significant artificial advantages like performance enhancing drugs... there's still a bit of a slippery slope on what's allowed and what's not... but in general, significant artificial advantages have always been banned...

a biological male transitioning to a transgender female, specifically after puberty, could (and IMO should) be viewed as an artificial means to improve ones genetic make up for most sports (swimming, basketball, MMA, etc)...

While I don't necessarily agree with the IOC's rules on transgender athletes, I think it's about the best you can do if you are going to allow transgender athletes to compete.. it gets much slipperier though when you start to talk about high school and younger athletes..

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from coloradotimesrecorder.com]

Legend
Legend
Thank you for the excellent summary. I appreciate that.

We are not going to agree on this one and that's okay. I just want to make sure you understand that my main goal was to champion the rights of women and not to degrade trans. It's why I brought up coaches in the the WNBA and NBA and women's college hoops and other sports. Men don't have to take every damn thing from women.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining the video to me because I was too lazy to watch it. I do appreciate that. And bro, if you are not already doing it [you probably are] make sure that your daughters understand that they don't need no man to make it in life and they are capable of anything they put their mind to. We need to empower females.

yea we're cool. and yea i do empower them greatly. any dudes trying to get with my daughters are gonna have a very very high bar to clear.
Originally Posted by jaybird
I can understand some of what she said but disagreed with a good bit of it... she (and you) are correct that some win the genetic lottery which can help an athlete... no matter what drive I have, I'm never becoming a professional basketball player... but just because Lebron won the genetic lottery that didn't guarantee he'd be a world class athlete... there's more than genetics that goes into sports...

where I really disagree is that while it's true there are 'unfair' advantages for those who have better genes suited for specific sport... those genes are natural... most sports have always banned significant artificial advantages like performance enhancing drugs... there's still a bit of a slippery slope on what's allowed and what's not... but in general, significant artificial advantages have always been banned...

a biological male transitioning to a transgender female, specifically after puberty, could (and IMO should) be viewed as an artificial means to improve ones genetic make up for most sports (swimming, basketball, MMA, etc)...

While I don't necessarily agree with the IOC's rules on transgender athletes, I think it's about the best you can do if you are going to allow transgender athletes to compete.. it gets much slipperier though when you start to talk about high school and younger athletes..

i get it, but then it gets to the slippery slope of trying to dictate when a high school kid is allowed or not allowed to train and compete simply because they're trans.
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
[Linked Image from coloradotimesrecorder.com]

Caitlyn Jenner says hi.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: jaybird
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Caitlyn Jenner says hi.

rofl

And btw.........I had a feeling you were doing your daughters right. Gotta help make them strong. I always told my daughter that if some dude wants to pamper you later in life, that's okay, but don't you dare ever depend on that happening. I worried a bit because she is beautiful. Not just to me, but to pretty much everyone. She participated in 4 sports, Basketball, fast pitch softball, track, and cross country.......and she modeled. That was my wife's idea to help build self-confidence, but she got a lot of work from it until she said, "this sucks." I always taught her that she could do anything she wanted and to not let men push her around. Hammer that point home to your girls, bro. You're strong. They can be strong, too.

2 members like this: jaybird, Swish
Legend
Legend
yea both my daughters are track heads, and now car enthusiast (*tears of joy*). i've got them set, as they already know that if they want a car at 16, they either have to get a part time job or go to those college programs where you half the day in high school, and the other half at a community college. When they enter the real world (hopefully 22 after college), no car payment to worry about, no cell phone bill, and no student loans, that way they aren't in a position to ever consider getting with some dude for money or a lifestyle. i've drilled in them since they were old enough how to walk with their heads up, not looking at the ground, not nervous train wrecks like some socially awkward teenager.

dudes gonna have to come correct. anything dealing with materialism is already covered, so if they don't have the character that comes with a relationship, don't even bother. just like my wife, held it down until she graduated and now she's making mad money and the confidence is through the roof.

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: FATE, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That's freaking awesome! On all accounts. Bro, being a great parent is so f.......important. It's a lot of work, but damn, it's worth it. You and your wife are doing a great job!

Legend
Legend
That's freaking awesome! On all accounts. Bro, being a great parent is so f.......important. It's a lot of work, but damn, it's worth it. You and your wife are doing a great job!

from our talks throughout the years, you nailed it too bro. that's how real men do it though.

Vers, think about it. Lions in the jungle. the women hunt, the guy raises the family and defends the territory. can't raise kids properly if we aren't there to raise them in the first place. empowering our wife and daughters make us leaders anyway.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
When did you start calling young teens women?

You forget we all live in Ohio, conservative Ohio. The women look on average more like this:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Transgendered Athletes

Link Copied to Clipboard