Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
That is why I'm not sold on Watson being successful in Cleveland. His skill set is way outside the scheme that Stefanski will run. People will say that Stefanski will change the offense but IMHO, I'm very skeptical of that statement.

I have provided videos and articles as to how Watson will fit Stefanski's offense. It's on you if you chose to ignore them. And I have not seen where people are saying that Stefanski has to change his scheme. Most of us hope he keeps his scheme and that he now has the ability to add some new things like 11 personnel at times because he finally has a qb who isn't so limited as Baker was.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
That is why I'm not sold on Watson being successful in Cleveland. His skill set is way outside the scheme that Stefanski will run. People will say that Stefanski will change the offense but IMHO, I'm very skeptical of that statement.

I have provided videos and articles as to how Watson will fit Stefanski's offense. It's on you if you chose to ignore them. And I have not seen where people are saying that Stefanski has to change his scheme. Most of us hope he keeps his scheme and that he now has the ability to add some new things like 11 personnel at times because he finally has a qb who isn't so limited as Baker was.

The scheme is fine. If we are running the ball and using as much play action as we did with Baker then there is a problem.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think running the ball and using play action is fine. We don't have to rely on that almost exclusively anymore. This offensive scheme is fairly popular across the NFL now. As you know, its roots began w/Shanahan/Kubiak and the tree has grown many branches. Personally speaking, I prefer that we stick more w/the Kyle Shanahan branch than the McVay branch because it suits our personnel better and is less risky.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by oobernoober
If we wouldn't have ruined him, we would've dumped him after 1.5 poor seasons. IIRC, we were less than a year removed from the Kizer, Hogan, etc QB carousel.

Come on, man. Are Kizer, Hogan, and Kessler even in the league? They were terrible. Comparing them to Josh Allen is nuts. Hell, Baker is a far superior qb to those guys and we didn't dump him after a year and half and he isn't even in the same stratosphere as Allen.

My emphasis was more on the carousel part of my statement. That was the coaching staff that was literally rotating through QBs all through the season. IIRC, each QB that year both lost and regained the starting job at one point or another. Call it wrong or even just a difference of opinion, but you'll never convince me anyone other than a finished product QB would be able to come out of that in one piece.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
I won't be rude and say you are wrong. Let's stick w/difference of opinion.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Here is Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin's, interview on 92.3 A worthwhile listen. Tomorrow at 6pm, Buzbee will be on to discuss the cases of the alleged victims.

Hardin had an interesting comment in which he noted that only (3) of the 22 cases would apply to the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy as he interprets the policy.

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sp...ing-with-the-nfl-and-their-investigation

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
My .02. Deshaun Watson will not play for the Browns this year. The sanctimonious Goodell will use this punishment to cement his legacy that the NFL is 'pro-goodness' in keeping with their 'let's lift all boats' for minorities, women, others too numerous to name so the NFL machine is viewed the leader of the world of sports.

I hope to be proven clearly wrong.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As I have maintained, his suspension will be from 17 to 34 games. Way to go FO and Jimmah!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm of the opinion that Godell should have done this last year. I am also of the opinion that Watson needs to be suspended and get it over with.

We still have Baker and can put him to work on the final year of his contract if Watson is suspended for the year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I'm of the opinion that Godell should have done this last year. I am also of the opinion that Watson needs to be suspended and get it over with.

We still have Baker and can put him to work on the final year of his contract if Watson is suspended for the year.

Godell is not in charge of the investigation. Friel is.

I know you like Baker, bro. However, he's done in Cleveland. He can't come back after the comments he made about his teammates and the organization.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

That ship done sailed. Not a chance a person with Bakers ego structure allows himself to play for the Browns after what’s gone down. I wish we could work it out, he’s better than any other option out there but Baker playing for the Browns in ‘22 is toast.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Godell is not in charge of the investigation. Friel is.

I know you like Baker, bro. However, he's done in Cleveland. He can't come back after the comments he made about his teammates and the organization.

thanks for clarifying on who is in the lead.

It's funny... I hated when we drafted him.
I liked his moxie when he was playing for us 2 years ago and thought he could turn things around.
Now, I think he makes OBJ look like a role model citizen.

I think If we had to... I'm sure we could (realistically won't)

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I'm assuming this is in response to one of the women's quotes from HBO?

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
You and I have disagreed on Baker a lot. I never got on your case about Baker because you never got on my case about Baker. LOL......know what I mean? In other words and in case you don't........I disagreed w/your evaluations of Baker, but I let it go because you never ripped me for my takes on Baker, very much unlike a handful of other posters. We have agreed on many other takes over the decades.

I don't know how much you followed things, but when Baker talked about professional NFL players not wanting to win and caring more about their retirement funds during his podcast, he officially made himself an outcast in the locker room if he wasn't already at that point. You can't do that stuff. And I believe it is a huge reason why no team has traded for him. Who wants that in their locker room? Combine that w/him refusing to throw OBJ the ball because he wanted to be the focus of attention. The blaming of coaches. Calling out other players and coaches. The ongoing social media drama. His wife trashing our WRs and fans and questioning the toughness of other players. Dude has been toxic.

So, on other threads, when I say the best course of action for Baker would be to say he is grateful for the opportunity the Browns gave him and to thank the fans and his teammates. He could say that while things did not work out here but he did learn from them and he is going to work as hard as he possibly can to be the best version of himself as he can possibly be and guarantee that he will be a great teammate moving forward and he can even mention that he is supremely confident in his abilities but understands that he is the one accountable for his success or lack thereof...........and I will believe he will get another shot. Yet, when I say those things, his fan base is offended and continues to make excuses for him and puts the blame on others, including his "detractors."

It's almost as if his fan base are the ones advising him and believe me..........they are steering him wrong. On the other hand, perhaps his closest advisors have instructed him to take an approach more similar to my line of thinking and Baker and his wife are ignoring all of that and playing victims.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I'm assuming this is in response to one of the women's quotes from HBO?

I would like this situation resolved, but if Watson is innocent, I can't blame him for trying to clear his name. Even if he does, there will be those that consider him a "predator," "rapey," a "sexual deviant," "creepy," etc. But, screw them. This is his life.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You and I have disagreed on Baker a lot. I never got on your case about Baker because you never got on my case about Baker. LOL......know what I mean? In other words and in case you don't........I disagreed w/your evaluations of Baker, but I let it go because you never ripped me for my takes on Baker, very much unlike a handful of other posters. We have agreed on many other takes over the decades.

Honestly, the only conversation where I thought you and I completely disagreed was Jabal Sheard vs Paul Fricking Kruger (I still hate Kruger) LOL.

Obviously, I have a huge amount of respect for you and your knowledge of the game.

I feel like Baker was given a ton of bad advice and it probably cost him his career as a starter in the NFL.

Legend
Legend
For those of you that watched the HBO show... Did your mind change? Did you learn anything new?

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

Do you know what sucks? Over the last several years the Browns have yet to survive an offseason without a dramatic drama scene or scenes.

We may have the best roster Cleveland has seen since the 60s. Yet, here we are reading about our first picked QB a few years ago expressing his displeasure with the organization demanding a trade. The front office making a blockbuster trade for an arguably top 5 QB. Who, by the way, is getting sued for inappropriate behavior. I mean you can't write any better soap opera.

Just one time, I like to go through a boring offseason. Sadly, other teams have similar issues, yet, in Cleveland, this team seems to make the front page. I am simply dumbfounded how this organization consistently makes the headlines in the National Enquire! I mean think about it. If this happens in Tennessee, Indianapolis, or Carolina, it's a blip on the radar for a week or two and it goes away.

In the 70s, 80s, and 90s, Cleveland had some very talented teams who go unnoticed for a whole season and only get national attention in the playoffs.

When does the season start?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg
For those of you that watched the HBO show... Did your mind change? Did you learn anything new?

A rehash of what I have already read. No new information was presented. I'd guess it will have more of an impact on someone that has had this on their periphery.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

A rehash of what I have already read. No new information was presented. I'd guess it will have more of an impact on someone that has had this on their periphery.

I'm curious if and how much they were paid for their story...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I'm curious if and how much they were paid for their story...

I would put piles of money on $0. This would be a disastrous if it came to light they were paid and would destroy any credibility both the alleged victims and HBO had in the production of the show. It would also ruin their civil lawsuits. Hardin would have a field day if they were paid.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Has there ever been a confirmed - or even reasonable - explanation as to why Watson did not play - or attempt to play - last year? He's planning to play THIS year and is STILL stating his innocence. So, why sit out last year but wish to play this year? What's changed besides the uniform? Also, where the hell has the NFL been in this matter? Where were they LAST year on this?

B
Legend
Legend
B
People talk about 22 women who are making claims. What about the 24 people who sat on two Grand Jury's to hear the facts and didn't feel anything should move forward?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
People talk about 22 women who are making claims. What about the 24 people who sat on two Grand Jury's to hear the facts and didn't feel anything should move forward?

Agreed. Think about how the NFL reacted. All was quiet on the Watson trade front. Once the GJ declined to move forward on the Watson's criminal case, multiple teams expressed interest in acquiring him.

M
Legend
Legend
M

The decision by the Grand Jury has been talked about extensively. I don't know if you missed it? There are literally dozens and dozens of posts/comments and discussion about it.

I've only seen the one snippet of the HBO interview - as someone said, nothing new for anyone who has been following. And I'd say Rusty's airplay and response in has been pretty out there too, although from what I have seen it looks like Rusty's public rebuttals and comments have been on Ohio based media outlets and addressing Browns fans?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Has there ever been a confirmed - or even reasonable - explanation as to why Watson did not play - or attempt to play - last year? He's planning to play THIS year and is STILL stating his innocence. So, why sit out last year but wish to play this year? What's changed besides the uniform? Also, where the hell has the NFL been in this matter? Where were they LAST year on this?

Didn't DW sit out and demand a trade as a result of not being included in discussions about the decision of Houston's new Head Coach? And then as a result of these allegations surfacing, he was not able to be traded because NFL teams weren't willing to take the risk. . . . which is another flaw in the whack conspiracy theory that the owner hurt his team deliberately by initiating the sexual allegations by calling his neighbor.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Didn't DW sit out and demand a trade as a result of not being included in discussions about the decision of Houston's new Head Coach? And then as a result of these allegations surfacing, he was not able to be traded because NFL teams weren't willing to take the risk. . . . which is another flaw in the whack conspiracy theory that the owner hurt his team deliberately by initiating the sexual allegations by calling his neighbor.

I remember reading that he was miffed about the HC decision-making and that he was in the facility last year and on the 53. If he refused to report, he wouldn't get paid. So Houston willingly paid him to sit all year? And burned a roster spot all year? Did DW "want" to play last year? Then the NFL looked the other way because he wasn't playing...even though he was getting paid? Why wasn't the NFL "looking into" the allegations LAST year? It's not like they (allegations) weren't out there last year?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Those details I can't tell you, but good questions.

V
Legend
Legend
V
From a larger article:

Why Deshaun Watson is unhappy with Texans, and what comes next

Jan 12, 2021
Sarah Barshop
ESPN Staff Writer

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans took a step toward moving past their 4-12 season and previous regime when they hired former Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio as their general manager on Thursday.

But instead of getting to celebrate the hire, Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair reportedly upset his franchise quarterback Deshaun Watson with the hiring process.

According to Adam Schefter, McNair paid search firm Korn Ferry hundreds of thousands of dollars, but ignored their recommendation of hiring Pittsburgh Steelers vice president of football and business administration Omar Khan or ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Louis Riddick -- both minority candidates -- and instead went with Caserio, a close tie to Texans executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.

Now, as McNair and Caserio focus on finding the right head coach, they have to worry about mending fences with their franchise quarterback because he did not have a say in the general manager search.

How did we get here?
Watson’s frustration with the Texans’ organization started in March when the team traded wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins to the Arizona Cardinals for running back David Johnson without letting the quarterback know about the deal before it happened.

While many feel the Texans did not get adequate value for the All-Pro receiver -- the Texans also received a 2020 second-rounder (which became DL Ross Blacklock) and a 2021 fourth-round pick and sent a 2020 fourth-round pick to Arizona (which became DL Rashard Lawrence) -- former head coach and general manager Bill O’Brien was right about one thing: Watson didn’t need Hopkins to put up big numbers.

Will Fuller V set career highs in receptions (53), receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (eight) in 11 games before he was suspended, and the addition of Brandin Cooks (team-high 81 catches and 1,150 yards, along with six TDs) helped Watson finish with an NFL-best 4,823 passing yards, as well as a career-high 33 passing touchdowns and career-low seven interceptions.

The frustration came back -- and increased -- after the Texans hired Caserio last week.

https://www.espn.com/blog/houston-t...-unhappy-with-texans-and-what-comes-next

V
Legend
Legend
V
Once again, this is part of a larger article:

Racism is ruining the Houston Texans
ByCarron J. Phillips
1/10/21 1:31PM

Can you blame Deshaun Watson for wanting out of Houston?

Hatred is a learned behavior that is passed down from one generation to the next. For the McNair family, it’s a tradition. So it should come as no surprise that their franchise is in shambles. After all, racism and mediocrity go together like peanut butter and jelly.

According to a report from ESPN, Texans owner Cal McNair — son of the late Bob McNair, who once doubled down on his criticism of Black players taking a knee, saying that he “can’t have the inmates running the prison” — paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a search firm to help the team fill its general manager vacancy. But instead of hiring one of the two candidates of color presented to them — Omar Khan and Louis Riddick — the younger McNair ignored the firm’s recommendations and hired Nick Caserio, a white man.

Rumors and reports are flying about how pissed off Deshaun Watson is about McNair’s decision. It’s already been reported that Watson wanted Houston to hire Eric Bieniemy. As of now, the Texans are the only team with a head coaching vacancy that has yet to contact Bieniemy for an interview.

Bieniemy is Black, if you hadn’t figured it out by now.

Everything is falling apart for a team that just finished 4-12 with two of the best players in the NFL, and the ownership’s hatred of people who aren’t white is the reason.

This is the same franchise that hired, and fired, Bill O’Brien. A coach that allegedly made insensitive comments to DeAndre Hopkins during a meeting about his “baby mamas,” which is coded language used to describe Black people. O’Brien also decided to trade Hopkins, arguably the best wide receiver in the league, to Arizona for basically nothing. Interesting.

But, to be fair to O’Brien, it appears that he wasn’t liked by many in the locker room, regardless of color. In October, ESPN confirmed that J.J. Watt and O’Brien got into a “verbal blowup at practice” because the coach had “lost the team.”

However, while all of these things have taken place in Houston over the years, Watson had never publicly involved himself with any of it. He’d decided to stay away from anything controversial.

But then, Deshaun Watson woke up. As one of the faces of the league, he slowly but surely started to use his platform. We saw him marching and protesting over the summer. He’s found his voice and is realizing his power.

https://deadspin.com/racism-is-ruining-the-houston-texans-1846030023

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/25/22 09:43 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Top tiered QBs simply were not available in FA this is unheard of territory. Yes the end of careers. Unitas, Namoth, Kosar but not guys in their prime and 40's are like yesteryears 30s cause of conditioning.

My heart sunk as this young lady described her experience with DW. What a piece of crap we got for a QB. with a straight face he straight out LIED TO US. boo

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
BTW-------Omar Khan who was one of the two guys recommended by the search firm for hiring the Texans next GM is reportedly set to be hired as the Steelers next GM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888

The decision by the Grand Jury has been talked about extensively. I don't know if you missed it? There are literally dozens and dozens of posts/comments and discussion about it.

I

This is true, but (and maybe I'm only speaking for myself and out of my own ignorance) the conversation many times was steered towards the difficult conviction rate for the he said/she said nature of these crimes. What was left out (IIRC and IMO) was that getting charges to move forward is VERY different from getting a conviction... meaning you only need to establish probable cause... and in many courts (not sure where the TX grand juries fall on this spectrum) getting charges to move ahead is more of a rubber-stamping exercise.

TLDR: the failure in getting the grand jury to move forward on those charges might be a bigger deal than we originally thought/discussed.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Deshaun Watson sexual harassment accuser weeps as she recalls moment naked $230m NFL star 'deliberately grabbed his penis then shoved it into her hand' while she gave him massage

By ASSOCIATED PRESS and ALASTAIR TALBOT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 15:19 EDT, 24 May 2022 | UPDATED: 01:06 EDT, 25 May 2022
link

A masseuse sobbed as she recalled the moment she claimed saw NFL star Deshaun Watson shove his penis into her hand during a rubdown.

Appearing on HBO's 'Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel,' Ashley Solis, one of 22 women who have sued Watson over allegations he behaved inappropriately with them, provided graphic details of an encounter with the three-time Pro Bowler.

'He ends up exposing himself, and I hurried up and covered him with a towel and he said: ''oh but you don't have to worry about the towel,'' Solis says in the trailer for the new series. ' And I said: ''yes I do.'' Solis has previously spoken of the harassment she says Watson meted out to her, but this is the first time she has gone on camera to do so.

'So then what happened?,' asked Soledad O'Brien, the correspondent for HBO.

'He requested that I work on his abdomen but the moment I went above his navel he told me he didn't want me to work there. He wanted me to work lower. He just kept directing me to go lower and [said] ''don't be scared, you can go in there'' and I just started really freezing up at this point,' Solis replied.

She added that at 'a wave' just took over her body at that point of her encounter with Watson, and that 'it was getting more and more clear that this is not what I signed up for.'

The 32-year-old alleged victim then went on to reveal that Watson 'deliberately grabbed himself' and 'put his penis on my hand and I pulled my hand away instantly and I started crying and I told him that I'm done and that I don't want to do this anymore.

She also said at the end of a massage, Watson told her: 'I know you have a career to protect,' and 'I know you don't want anyone messing with it just like I don't want anyone messing with mine.' Solis said Watson later ejaculated, and that it was 'mortifying and disgusting and embarrassing' when that happened.

Solis, who was the first massage therapist to file a lawsuit, was asked why Watson's message frightened her. 'Because that sounded like a threat to me,' she said in the interview, which aired Tuesday night.

Another fellow massage therapist, Kyla Hayes, also provided details of her meeting with Watson, who has been accused of sexual assault and harassment during massages he received while playing for the Houston Texans.

Watson has denied any wrongdoing and has maintained any sex with the women was consensual. Two grand juries in Texas declined to indict Watson on criminal complaints filed by 10 of the women.

In addition to being violated, Solis and Hayes both were offended by the five-year, $230 million contract Watson received in March from the Browns. Watson's deal is both the richest in NFL history and fully guaranteed.

'It's just like a big screw you,' Solis said. 'That's what it feels like. That we don't care. He can run and throw, and that's what we care about.'

Added Hayes, 'It was sick to me. ... I felt like he's being rewarded for bad behavior.'

Watson declined to be interviewed for the program, citing the league's ongoing investigation into his behavior.

Both women have previously spoken publicly about their interactions with Watson, and the quarterback's lead attorney, Rusty Hardin, said the HBO interviews were 'more of the same.'

Hardin acknowledged the interviews could further hurt Watson in the public eye, but he maintains his client hasn't been treated fairly either.

'I believe very strongly that these women's allegations ought to be listened to, investigated thoroughly, and everybody ought to keep an open mind as to whether they happened,' Hardin said. 'Similarly, I believe Deshaun's objections and denials should have been listened to until they have evidence and that's what's really been denied here.

'Everybody has made up their mind based on the allegation made. ... The guy they described is not the guy we know. And yet, he hasn't been given the benefit of the doubt and he should have.'

The Browns, who have spent two decades in a futile search for a franchise QB, pursued Watson along with several other teams. They convinced him to waive his no-trade clause and join Cleveland after he initially rebuffed the team.

One of Watson's lawyers, Leah Graham, was asked to explain on the show why, if he was only seeking professional massages, did Watson end up having sex with some of the women.

'Well, in every massage, I will tell you he did go, intending just for a professional massage, and only those three instances where sexual conduct occurred - consensual sexual activity - it occurred after the massage session had ended,' Graham said. 'And Mr. Watson has testified and is insistent that that sexual activity was initiated by the plaintiff in every single instance.'

During his introductory news conference with the Browns in March, Watson was adamant he has 'never assaulted, disrespected or harassed any woman in my life.'

When she was shown Watson's comments, Hayes began to cry.

'For him to say he's never done anything to a woman,' she said. 'It's a bold-faced lie.'

Hayes acknowledged she stayed in contact with Watson after his session.

'I wasn't sure what he was capable of,' she said. 'He could have physically assaulted me. He could have bashed my business. So I had to protect myself and my business. That's the way I saw it. Did I ever see him again after that? No. Did I give him the runaround? Yes.'

Solis claimed to be crying at the end of her encounter with Watson – a fact that Watson reportedly corroborated during pretrial depositions earlier this month, according to USA Today.

'But you know why you sent that text apology afterwards?' plaintiffs' attorney Tony Buzbee asked Watson during depositions, according to a partial transcript obtained by USA Today.

'Yes, because she was teary-eyed,' Watson replied. 'And I was trying to figure out what was going on. So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason. And we talked about working in the future. And so, I said, 'We can work in the future. Just let me know.' And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.'

The text message, which Buzbee previously shared on social media, purportedly shows Watson apologizing to Solis.

'Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable,' read the message. 'Never were the intentions. Lmk [let me know] if you want to work in the future. My apologies.'

Watson's $230 million contract with the Browns was 'another crushing blow to survivors' of abuse, according to another accuser, Lauren Baxley.

In March, Baxley penned an open letter about Watson for The Daily Beast after two grand juries in Texas declined to press charges against the three-time Pro Bowler. She is one of six women to file the doomed criminal complaints against Watson.

'We shared the hope that he would be stopped - that somehow, he would not be enabled or emboldened to hurt even more women in the ways he hurt us,' wrote Baxley, who has been identified by name but not pictured publicly since suing Watson last year.'

Watson is also facing possible discipline from the NFL, which is independently investigating whether he violated its personal-conduct policy. League investigators interviewed Watson in Houston last week.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said at the owner's meeting in Atlanta that the Watson investigation is 'nearing the end' but did not provide a timeframe for when a decision will be announced.

The Browns are eager to find out whether they'll be without Watson for an extended period. The team resumed offseason team activities Tuesday and will have mandatory minicamp next month. Training camp is scheduled for July.

Watson is scheduled to return to Houston to give more depositions in the civil suits. The sides have agreed not to hold any trials from August 1 to March 1, so any trial would happen after the season.

Last week, Watson treated some of his new teammates to a bonding trip to the Bahamas. A team spokesman said he reported for the voluntary offseason program that resumed this week. The Browns will have a media availability Wednesday.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...mp;cvid=99975474ad6344129cde532cddcd4031

Suddenly, Watson admits having sex with 3 of the 22 women with civil suits against him. He claims it was consensual - obviously the women do not. It's not hard to imagine that these admissions may come back to bite Deshaun Watson as the civil lawsuits move forward. With these statements lending credence to the accusations that in the other 19 cases he tried to push massages in that direction. Add into the fact that some of the 18 therapists that support Watson may have admitted sexual activity in their dispositions, a trending expectation by Watson is becoming more and more apparent.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Having to walk back/amend your argument in a situation like this is never a good sign. That said, the sticking point is what actually did and did not happen, and whether it was consensual.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought he already admitted to some sort of consensual sexual contact with some of the women though. I didn't think it was anything new.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Who can blame some fans if they choose to quit rooting for the Browns. It's a personal choice and doesn't tarnish your character. And in the end, no one really cares if you choose to stop supporting the team. The only exception I have is when people are desperately trying to recruit others to trash the player and team. It's a personal decision and should be respected no matter which decision you make.

Who is "desperately trying to recruit others to trash the player and team"?

Also as has been explained multiple times but some seem not to be able to grasp the concept, is that fan is short for fanatic. Just because these 24 incidents we know about so far makes you feel like you can no longer be a "fanatic" of a team, it does not mean you have to hate them or root against them. I have far too many friends I have made over the years that are dedicated Browns fans that disagree with me for me to root against the Browns. I don't see anyone trying to "recruit" anyone much less desperately so. Many corporations have made decisions that are so far out of line to me that I choose to no longer do business with them. The Browns now fall into that category. That doesn't mean you have to hate them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Again

Link Copied to Clipboard