Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Probably not. Many of the people on assistance want more children because it brings more money.

Yep - every man and woman in America wants to live poor and below the poverty line just so long as it's free.

This is what happens when people care more about money than other people.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Probably not. Many of the people on assistance want more children because it brings more money.

Yep - every man and woman in America wants to live poor and below the poverty line just so long as it's free.

This is what happens when people care more about money than other people.

I think this is what happens when people buy into a 100% false narrative that people are content to live below the poverty line, poor, in crappy housing, with no disposable income often with a choice of buying food or paying rent or paying for medical needs. Are there people that abuse the system? Yes. Are there people that make poor choices? Yes. There is at every level of income. There are people and companies scamming the government for millions at the top end, their are tax cheats, and there are some taking advantage of welfare. . . . but this notion that people don't want to improve themselves or aren't prepared o work hard to get more is just a fallacy. I know damn well Ballpeen was happy to work for what he got in life - and the overwhelming, vast number of those below the poverty line are just like him in that regard.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/24/22 12:02 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well somebody convinced them that it's their money paying for everything they hate. As if their tax dollars fund everything... meanwhile blue states tax dollars, fund red states like welfare, but they are the only workers in the world paying taxes according to them. smh.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/24/22 12:07 PM.
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Meanwhile the individual undocumented immigrants in the US contribute more to federal tax dollars to the Govt than Trump.

https://news.cornell.edu/media-rela...mmigrants-pay-more-taxes-president-trump

Last edited by mgh888; 05/24/22 12:32 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
J/c

The economy.

It's begun its tank. Gas prices. Rolling brown outs predicted. Food prices soaring. Cal is saying with the electric cars they probably can't supply the electricity for charging cars. Charging stations broke. Shortage of baby formula.

What's this admin doing, other than blaming Trump and Russia? nothing.

Housing market will bottom out soon. Many will be upside down, imo.

But, it's all good, right?

We get the "inflation is everywhere" crap.

Nah, I think it's too many lazy ass people that are living off the gov't.

Jobs everywhere. No one to fill them.

I guess if you have decided to look at it under a microscope that's the conclusion you might come to. If you ignore all of the latest things Biden has done to address the formula shortage that's another conclusion you can come to. How many more people are "living off the government" now than when Trump was president? We had huge federal unemployment checks being handed out. They're gone. We had Covid stimulus checks being handed out. They're gone. Both Biden and Trump handed out those things. So do you think more people are living off the government now than when over the past few years?

First let's look at the formula situation. I agree that some of the regulations we have in place are just crazy. I believe we should have already had in place agreements and testing that would give us the ability to import formula for our allied partners. But these same conditions have been around for a very long time. In response Biden began importing formula to help ease the shortage. He implemented the defense production act to get these manufacturers the ingredients needed to ramp up formula production.

In case you missed it, Biden doesn't control the world oil markets. Oil companies currently control thousands of oil leases in the U.S. they have refused to drill on all while complaining the problem is because they can't get additional leases. So you figure that one out.

And inflation? That's a global issue, not one isolated to the U.S. It sucks for all of us but we don't live in a bubble on this planet. Unless you're suggesting that biden controls global inflation?

Now if you consider huge spending over a long period of time taking a cumulative effect that's put us in this situation we certainly agree. The conditions that created this mess didn't ll happen in 17 months.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

This is what happens when one allows their preconceived notions to dictate their thought process.

While the percentage of women living below the poverty line is relatively small, they account for almost half of all abortions.

Nearly half of women who have abortions live below the poverty level.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/n...-in-the-federal-poverty-level-2019-05-17

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Well geez, there are 20 million of them here. Seems a little bizarre to compare that to one guy.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
It is so thoughtful how you offer up all these explanations so people don’t dare blame the President for all the messes occurring on his watch. I think we would not hear the same thing if the president’s name was Donald.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Hell, they're still blaming Trump.

When Trump was president, what happened under his watch was blamed on him, and any good that happened was attributed to Obama.

But now, under Biden? Trump trump trump, and and Putin.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You actually would. Trump is simply a nasty human being. But not everything Trump did was bad. Not even Trump could crash an economy in 17 months. I notice one thing you refused to do. Address any of the points I made. But then that's what I expect from the likes of you and some others. That's the reason I rarely actually try to have a discussion with you or them.

Would you care to debate or discuss those points?

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
If I thought you were real I would. But I know you are a lefty phony who would gladly dump it all on trump. That is just the way you lefties roll. I know you like a book ( maybe a comic book).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Meanwhile the individual undocumented immigrants in the US contribute more to federal tax dollars to the Govt than Trump.

https://news.cornell.edu/media-rela...mmigrants-pay-more-taxes-president-trump

it's sad that a college would report such a false narrative of information.

If you own a business, your income can be millions, have expenses that are millions, and lose money one year and make money the next etc etc

lastly, it's sad that an immigration attorney is writing this article vs someone who actually is an expert in tax laws.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Can't argue with the facts so shoot the messenger ! A tried and trusted formula. Well done.

M
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-trump-tax-report-shows-aggressive-tax-/

https://time.com/5894381/tax-code-wealthy/

Her W2 tax form for that tax year shows she was paid $26,792.90 for her labor, with $413.14 withheld in federal income taxes. In other words, Diaz, then an undocumented immigrant from Costa Rica, contributed more to the federal government in 2011 than the $0 that Trump

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...ctually-pay-infographic/?sh=3312cfc31de0

Out of that $11.64 billion total, undocumented immigrants pay $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes and about $1.1 billion in personal income taxes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-trump-tax-report-shows-aggressive-tax-/

https://time.com/5894381/tax-code-wealthy/

Her W2 tax form for that tax year shows she was paid $26,792.90 for her labor, with $413.14 withheld in federal income taxes. In other words, Diaz, then an undocumented immigrant from Costa Rica, contributed more to the federal government in 2011 than the $0 that Trump

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...ctually-pay-infographic/?sh=3312cfc31de0

Out of that $11.64 billion total, undocumented immigrants pay $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes and about $1.1 billion in personal income taxes.

actually, it's not facts.

what people don't understand is business' get taxed 49 other ways besides an individual's income tax.

IE
payroll tax
state
local
unemployment
dividend
property
capital gains
social security
medicare
self employment

the list goes on...

M
Legend
Legend
M
I didn't say anything about businesses. I was talking factually about individual federal tax contributions.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't say anything about businesses. I was talking factually about individual federal tax contributions.

Correct.

Many (most common) versions of business EIN are equal to a person's ssn and are one in the same.

Again, that person is being dishonest/misleading.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
In case you missed it, Biden doesn't control the world oil markets. Oil companies currently control thousands of oil leases in the U.S. they have refused to drill on all while complaining the problem is because they can't get additional leases. So you figure that one out.

When Bush was president, Democrats launched an investigation into Bush controlling gas prices. Funny how when a Republican is president, they control all these things, but when a democrat is president they have no control over these things. More liberal double standards.

And inflation? That's a global issue, not one isolated to the U.S. It sucks for all of us but we don't live in a bubble on this planet. Unless you're suggesting that biden controls global inflation?

Now if you consider huge spending over a long period of time taking a cumulative effect that's put us in this situation we certainly agree. The conditions that created this mess didn't ll happen in 17 months.

Well, last summer Biden was bragging about how his economic plan saved people 30 cents on a 4th of July barbeque. If his plan took effect that quickly, then what we are seeing now is also a result of Bidens plan. If Biden wants to take credit for the good, he also gets credit for the bad.

Biden has also been a part of the federal government for 40 years. He played a part in the events that created this mess. Instead, he gets a free pass on everything.

Democrats think more government is the solution to all of our problems. That is why Biden gets criticized. He is supposed to have the solution, instead he sticks his head in the sand. Not a good look for the government can fix everything agenda the left wants to push.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
good lord. i swear if you listen to anyone for centuries, this country has been going to shi...since 1776.

we get it. we're a third world country, you don't recognize your country anymore, we're too dependent on foreign labor, obamacare is gonna have everyone in FEMA camps, gay marriage is gonna lead to the downfall of the country, blah blah blah.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C

We can post up all the facts and figures we want to support or put down anything we want.

The bottom line....are you better off today then you were a few years ago?

That is the only measure that counts. If no, then are we trending in the right direction or wrong direction?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J/C

yes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
J/C

yes.

Me too

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
If I thought you were real I would. But I know you are a lefty phony who would gladly dump it all on trump. That is just the way you lefties roll. I know you like a book ( maybe a comic book).

This is what makes you look more like a Russian bot than an American.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Doesn’t mean it’s a bot. Watch the movie Gummo. A slice of Xenia life that’ll explain a lot of it’s postings.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Brought to you by the guy who whines incessantly about personal attacks.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Squires

When Bush was president, Democrats launched an investigation into Bush controlling gas prices. Funny how when a Republican is president, they control all these things, but when a democrat is president they have no control over these things. More liberal double standards.

Actually it was during that time period when I talked with DC and found out just how little presidents had control over gas prices. It's odd how you say, "yeah but the democrats launched an investigation" while not disagreeing with the point I made about the president having virtually no control over gas prices. Hmmmm... If you're trying to say politicians are stupid and love to point the finger and enrage voters I agree with you. But what does that have to do with what I posted?

Well, last summer Biden was bragging about how his economic plan saved people 30 cents on a 4th of July barbeque. If his plan took effect that quickly, then what we are seeing now is also a result of Bidens plan. If Biden wants to take credit for the good, he also gets credit for the bad.

Biden has also been a part of the federal government for 40 years. He played a part in the events that created this mess. Instead, he gets a free pass on everything.

Either you're saying that Biden alone is responsible for the situation our economy is in or not. In case you missed it, for a lot of the past 40 years Republicans have also controlled the senate and the house. During all of that time Biden's votes meant nothing. According to your logic McConnell and several Republicans also are responsible. You can either continue to act as though this is all the responsibility of a single party and administration or you can be honest and admit it's the cumulative effect over time by both parties.

You're smart enough to know that so at this juncture it's simply a question of if you're willing to be honest about it.

Democrats think more government is the solution to all of our problems. That is why Biden gets criticized. He is supposed to have the solution, instead he sticks his head in the sand. Not a good look for the government can fix everything agenda the left wants to push.

I don't consider Biden a strong president. He certainly would not have been my choice if given one. But let's not pretend we had a better one. Once again, that's the fault of both parties.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Brought to you by the guy who whines incessantly about personal attacks.

No, I'm not Vers. I'll repeat, I don't really give a damn what anyone posts, but don't think you will be treated well in return. I do find it hilarious how people come into a thread and only make a comment of a personal nature about a poster with zero comment about the context of the thread. But hey, that says more about you than it does me.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

Doesn’t mean it’s a bot. Watch the movie Gummo. A slice of Xenia life that’ll explain a lot of it’s postings.

rofl omg, I completely forgot about that flick. Spot on Portland!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Actually it was during that time period when I talked with DC and found out just how little presidents had control over gas prices. It's odd how you say, "yeah but the democrats launched an investigation" while not disagreeing with the point I made about the president having virtually no control over gas prices. Hmmmm... If you're trying to say politicians are stupid and love to point the finger and enrage voters I agree with you. But what does that have to do with what I posted?

I was pointing out that when Bush was president, the left was blaming him for gas prices. Now that a democrat is president, the president doesn't control gas prices. Which is it?

Either you're saying that Biden alone is responsible for the situation our economy is in or not. In case you missed it, for a lot of the past 40 years Republicans have also controlled the senate and the house. During all of that time Biden's votes meant nothing. According to your logic McConnell and several Republicans also are responsible. You can either continue to act as though this is all the responsibility of a single party and administration or you can be honest and admit it's the cumulative effect over time by both parties.

You're the one that keeps pointing out that things were in motion well before Biden became president in effort to give him a free pass. I'm simply pointing out that Biden has been in the federal government for 40 years and is therefore part of the problem that led to current events. I never said he was solely to blame. His spending spree in 2021 did contribute to the current mess. I criticize him most for his failure to handle the current problems. He spent most of 2021 denying inflation was even an issue. This is the perfect opportunity for Democrats to prove the government can solve problems.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wasn't just the left on GWB's back over gas. I was full on Republican and many I knew blamed him. So nope, try again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you think when I said it's an accumulation of things that's happened over time I'm giving Biden a free pass? Not at all. He's as much a part of the problem as those who have come before him. He has done nothing to change the same pattern of behavior as those who proceeded him.

His spending spree has added to the problem. But let's not pretend that was the beginning of some spending spree. If you're going to point out spending sprees, you may wish to include that is also a continuance of something that was already happening before he became president. Or maybe you wish not to include that.

In actual numbers the deficit was 360 billion less in 2021 than it was in 2020.

U.S. 2021 fiscal year deficit below prior year's record, Treasury says

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...r-years-record-treasury-says-2021-10-22/

As I said, it's a problem that spans time. Our economy wasn't destroyed in 17 months. We can either deal with this in terms of facts or not.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Damn........I wonder why that would be? Oh, yeah, the economy crashed from covid in 2020, and has been rebounding since, until just recently.

Weird how taking everything into account works, isn't it?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fuel prices hit a record high Tuesday, with a gallon of gas now costing $4.62 on average — a 52 percent increase from last year — according to AAA, after the European Union announced progress on a deal to ban Russian energy imports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ts-new-high-after-eu-cracks-down-russia/

A
Legend
Legend
A
This inflation thing is hitting me - hard. From the rising cost of gas, insurance, products, to the customers that are also dealing with the same.

Throw in food - shoot, eating out is pretty taboo for us now. Who does that hurt? Those that work at restaurants. Travel? Nope, not doing it. Who does that hurt?

It's bad, and getting worse.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Talking with my wife's uncle, a truck driver. It's nothing for him to spend over $2,000 a week - a WEEK - on fuel. That's over $8,000 a month - in FUEL. He's not worried cause he say's "it just gets passed on to the consumer." Think about that for a minute.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Things really are getting bad. I don't know how many people realize what all of this is doing to our nation's small business owners. I have two small businesses. Really small, especially one of them. But money is tight and a lot of folks are having to do w/out or put things off. Working their butts off and paying more and more for goods as inflation soars. Meanwhile, we care so much for people's rights and taking care of others and they freeload more and more. In one of our businesses, I often go to the homes of regular guys like me. Everyone is worried about what's going on for those of us who work and always foot the bill. Meanwhile, I also call on commercial accounts and was able to secure two large apartment complexes as their vendor in our particular home improvement area. I have to enter the apartments to take measurements and give the management company quotes on the repairs they are requesting. Crazy amount of drug use. People not working. Laying around. Filthy. Babies w/unchanged diapers. I was at one apartment over a three week period of time and the damn smoke alarm was beeping the first time I went and remained beeping throughout. Lazy and disgusting.

Meanwhile, in our community, there is so much talk among people about just how many Help Wanted signs are out there. None of us have ever saw so many. I am not sure if that is the case in other communities where you guys live, but it's amazing. And sure enough, there are pan handlers at traffic lights right by multiple places that have Help Wanted signs on display.

This is not working!

1 member likes this: FATE
V
Legend
Legend
V
I forgot to add this..........it's amazing how many small businesses are going out of business. So many local eating establishments that were in business for decades and decades are now closing their doors. It's a damn shame when honest people can't make an honest living.

T
Legend
Legend
T
For anyone saying how many help wanted jobs are available. I often think why don't they go take one of those jobs. Actually take 4.7 of them.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
J/C

We can post up all the facts and figures we want to support or put down anything we want.

That is the only measure that counts.
Who the heck is better off today than they were 3 years ago? ( Deshaun Watson?) ... frown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
some of y'all aren't invested into REITs and it shows.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sigh…the economy

Link Copied to Clipboard