Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1948995 06/06/22 05:17 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Cleveland sports radio, around noon had asked this in a poll and reported with a Ouick I600 votes it was 45-55%.
I kind of Flipp Flopped on my feelings on whether I'd like to see the Browns sign OBJ back in the next 20 minutes, but
I figured.

If Myles Garrett wants OBJ back, as per reports he's asked him.
If Myles Garrett wants OBJ back on the Browns, Then I do too thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
The way I look at Odell has nothing to do with him as a receiver or teammate.

He is 29. In the last 15 months he has torn the same ACL. He has missed a lot of games.

If he was medically cleared and the price was fair. I would have no problem bringing him back.

However, I question if that criterion will be met.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Bring back OBJ , let's be honest ...what could it hurt ?
He wouldn't cost a bunch
He's coming into a locker room that is drama free
He would have a QB that would make a effort to
Get him the ball.
If healthy and signed he automatically becomes the #2.
He is a proven downfield threat.
Does anyone really think Anthony Schwartz is going
To really make that mercurial leap from rookie bum
To 2nd year dynamo?

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Legend
Legend
I could live with him being back at a bargain; he would have more value with DW. I figure OBJ to be part a time signing, with injuries a seeming fact of life at this age in his career. If MG wants him, I am open to that nugget.

OBJ, well, maybe.

But no part of me wants his dad and his nonsense around the team. That sideshow is not welcome in The Land.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Only if he is paying to be here.

6 members like this: WSU Willie, jfanent, DeisleDawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Wouldn't bother me one bit if we got OBJ back. But wait!!! Just suppose DW gets suspended, which is likely, and Baker becomes our QB again in the interim....... OH my, these scenarios. Only with the Browns!!!! Sort of like; ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I would want OBJ back because he is an excellent receiver and he is a good teammate. Many of his teammates have had his back and spoken highly of him over the years despite the media's portrayal of him. I agree w/bone though about OBJ's availability. I do not know this for a fact, but I keep hearing he won't be ready until November or December, although this surgery went better than his previous one.

Bard, I don't think OBJ's dad would be a problem. Watson or Brissett will throw him the ball.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't want him back. cheap or not. He showed what he was here before, and it certainly doesn't look like DW would be passing him the ball.

Drama king - and if by 'good team mate' you mean he bought stuff for others, ok.

Injury prone, hot head.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Not once he walks through the door!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
V
Legend
Legend
V
One player acts out and it is drama and me attitude. Another player acts out and it is passion and fire. Personally, I'd rather have a teammate who hit a kicking net than challenging a fan to a fight before the game or grabbing his crotch during a game. But, that's just me. I can live w/either if they perform.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 06/06/22 06:59 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do you really think OBJ SR will allow that ?

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
I am not a doctor but I have seen rehab for ACL tears.

It seems like people think it is no big deal. The rehab is serious and extremely hard.

I would think that two ACL tears to the same knee in 15 months is no joke to come back from.

2 members like this: mgh888, DeisleDawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just sitting here thinking...............and I know there is almost no chance of this happening, but......

Watson throwing to OBJ and Cooper w/Bell and DPJ as our 3rd and 4th WRs. Njoku at TE. Chubb, Hunt, DJ at RB. A great OL.

OMG.........we would be unstoppable! We would have the best offense in the league. I know it almost certainly won't happen, but it could.......and man, that would be freaking awesome!

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Until the Overthinking offense would feature Miller Forristall, and Harrison Bryant, and the Fullback toss, on allll the crucial downs. rofl / thumbsdown
... I'd also like to see Nick Foles throwing to those targets, as I recall he was recently available if even for a just a second. (~3 years ago I said 3 of my top 5 Obs in the league to have on the Browns would be Baker, Deshaun, and Nick Foles, (Russell Wilson, Tannehill and Drew Brees) and ya coulda had all 3.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
No, NO, and Hell no. He couldn't wait to get out of here the last time. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
8 members like this: Dawg Duty, Southwestdawg, EveDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Do you want OBJ back

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
No

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Myles Garrett recently recruited OBJ to come back. Brown's players have spoke highly of him. I put more stock into their take than those who don't know him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'd be surprised if OBJ ever plays again. Two ACLs on same leg, second one being no contact.. he's done

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
OBJ is the guy that told other players and coaches to come get him out of Cleveland.
He has inure the ACL on the same leg twice.
He hasn't been a big contributor since prior to coming here.

Those are red flags.

If the cost and expectations are low enough it could work though.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When would he realistically be able to play? I imagine he had the surgery fairly quickly after the injury. Any news on the rehab?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

Myles Garrett recently recruited OBJ to come back. Brown's players have spoke highly of him. I put more stock into their take than those who don't know him.
Not sure what you mean by "stock", I suppose that means that you see him as a good teammate. That brought another question to mind though... beyond players, what do you think the FO would think of the prospect?

I mean there's more than enough evidence that he really didn't want to be here, and that spans almost his entire time here (making that mentality a little hard to blame on Mayfield in totality). Then he was making audition tapes (my opinion) of him running up treadmills at full speed long before the season, yet he decided he wasn't ready to go in week 1 and 2. All of this turmoil (rumors, poor QB play, critical drops, daddy's video) resulted in him basically demanding his release. Do you think Berry and co would ever want OBJ under contract as a Brown again?

Legend
Legend
hell yea i want OBJ back

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
When would he realistically be able to play? I imagine he had the surgery fairly quickly after the injury. Any news on the rehab?

Not sure, but I have heard reporters speculating that it would probably not be until November or maybe even December. Obviously, that is a huge factor.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not going to answer a lot of your questions because I don't feel like a certain someone attacking me again. I will say that there are a lot of contradictory reports out there about why he wanted out. I believe what he told Stephen A Smith as the reason why and SAS spoke about it on the air multiple times. The reasons sounded legit to me because they were more football detailed than SAS's standard knowledge. I will answer your last question, though. I do think Berry would want him back. He's a good player and a good teammate.

With all of that said...........I think the chance of him returning is almost non-existent.

1 member likes this: FATE
V
Legend
Legend
V
Fate, here is a video you can look at. You might not agree w/the guy's take [LOL] there is mention by both guys that the Browns have had internal discussions about bringing OBJ back. Now, I know that the latter would never come back if Baker was still on the team, so this might be an even more important story than we think.

Legend
Legend
That's cool. Berry's demeanor concerning player negotiations can be taken either way. He seems extremely fair in granting players the ability to explore opportunities and has been more than fair (including with OBJ) in expediting their release. I tend to think "that guy" would rest more along the lines of not bending over to rebuild any bridges that have been burned, and I feel like OBJ burned the bridge.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish
hell yea i want OBJ back
Of course you would ! LOL
https://www.iheartjane.com/products/345757/klutch-cannabis-obj-2-83g

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: Swish
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hell no. He wanted out the second he got here, then scapegoated Baker to get his wish. The guy is cancer, and I watched him drop catchable balls numerous times. After the fact, I can't be sure those drops weren't intentional. But he suddenly got a little better when he finally got the trade he wanted from DAY ONE. Why the hell would anybody want that guy back? It's mind-boggling to me.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/07/22 10:57 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

So, then, Baker's your QB.
Because Myles in on record as saying "That's my QB!" and being ready to throw down for him.

Maybe you can stop pretending to hate Baker so hard now that this is out in the open. Publicly embrace your Baker, bro.

As for OBJ... Hell No. I cannot fathom a single reason to bring him back. He wanted out, he's out. Beyond that, he's now recovering from his second ACL surgery on the same knee? I'll pass.... let's get someone that can still play on Day 1.

They say the first surgery was a "bad surgery" and everything is "great" with this one, but what else are they going to say? During his recovery from the first one the rhetoric was "everything went great" and "rehab is going great", with lots of Instaface pics and tiny video clips showing how awesome everything was.... only for him to be unable to go Day 1 despite all signs pointing to him being able to go. He has nothing we need.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No, he isn't the player he once was and is an injury waiting to happen.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P

saywhat

You haven't been following the news have you?

As to the question of if we would want OBJ back. Right now I think that is a moot point. Why would you sign a player now that won't even be able to play until late season? He has torn the same ACL twice in a short period of time. Neither of those are good indicators or conditions to consider signing a player.

I'll leave the character potion out of it. The character issue has sailed down the river. It seems very few care about that aspect anymore. Unless of course it's Baker.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
We don't always agree, but when we do, we are usually correct.

[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

saywhat

You haven't been following the news have you?

As to the question of if we would want OBJ back. Right now I think that is a moot point. Why would you sign a player now that won't even be able to play until late season? He has torn the same ACL twice in a short period of time. Neither of those are good indicators or conditions to consider signing a player.

I'll leave the character potion out of it. The character issue has sailed down the river. It seems very few care about that aspect anymore. Unless of course it's Baker.
I have been following the news. If your refering to the Watson situation
I'm pretty Stefanski is really emphasizing keeping the Locker room
Free and clear of that situation
I'm certain the players in that locker room have one united mindset
Getting ready for opening day vs the Panthers
Like I said it's a drama free locker room.
The WRs are going to make or break this offense
And right now that WR room has a lot to prove
You got a dependable #2 masquerading as #1
And the rest are unproven.
The Browns don't have one WR that scored more than 3 TDS
Last year other than Cooper .That's troublesome.

Last edited by Iluvmyxstripper; 06/07/22 01:12 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thinking that the watson incident isn't in the minds of these players is naive at best. This situation is the very definition of drama. 100%. Stefanski doesn't go home with these players. He doesn't control what they read and hear. Let's not try to live in pretend world.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Thinking that the watson incident isn't in the minds of these players is naive at best. This situation is the very definition of drama. 100%. Stefanski doesn't go home with these players. He doesn't control what they read and hear. Let's not try to live in pretend world.
I think the players are focused and ready to attack the season
With or without Watson this year
The players can't control what happens with Watson
So why worry ?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The same reason people worry about all kind of things they can't control. Because it impacts them on a personal level. Players future earnings are based on their production. It's based on their numbers. It's based on if they are on teams that win. Brisset isn't watson and the impact on many of these players is directly connected to the outcome of how this thing plays out. Especially if your contract ends after the 2022 season.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Never wanted him, hoped for the best when we got him. Of all the little things he did that bothered me, the shoe thing was the worst, especially when he put on a show for the sideline cameras.
He was great several years ago. Not anymore.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heck No! OBJ didn't want to be here to start with and was trying to figure a way out as soon as the trade went down.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jacoby Biscuit drops back, he sees OBJ wide open in the endzone for a sure TD! Incomplete! Miscommunication.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Do you want OBJ back

Link Copied to Clipboard