Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
Myles is asking OBJ to come back. Yeah, that happens all the time......right?

Reality check. Baker said he and the Browns should part ways. Stop blaming the Browns for Baker's immaturity and sensitivity.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

Have we heard any quotes from a current Brown who asked Baker to reconsider and stay? I know Myles tried to recruit OBJ to come back and I know he said that he thinks Baker can land on his feet somewhere else the other day, but I haven't heard one single teammate asking Baker to stay in Cleveland. Of course, I could have missed those comments.

Yeah...that happens all the time...right? Please. The players don't matter...it's the Org's doing...and only they can undo it.

What does Baker have to "reconsider and stay"? He's under contract...he's got no choice to show up unless he just wants to walk way from nearly 19mil.

I doubt Baker is allowed to come back, but if they want him after all this stupid, self-inflicted decision-making...they'll need to eat a lot of crow...and possibly pony up even more than the 19 mil.

Why would anyone - let alone a player - ask Baker to stay in Cleveland? It's not his choice.

This is funny. OBJ kicking and screamed his way out of CLE.... and said poster wants him back. Baker is being replaced and pens a goodbye letter and says he's leaving and bridge is burned or whatever it was that went down and he's immature and sensitive. Watson demands a trade out of play for HOU because he wasn't involved in the HC hire and he's a great guy. Baker was asked if he liked the Kitchens hire and he said yes - and he's now credited with choosing Kitchens and Dorsey gets a pass and his hands are clean. Players support Baker and they are just being Nice Guys - Myles says something about brining OBJ back and players words carry lots of weight. National media has a story about DW and the allegations every day or every other day - and yet Cleveland Fans are dumb and it's local media creating the controversy.

Literally can't make this stuff up.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: PitDAWG, PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is a mess that is going to be felt by numerous parties for a long time.

The pending NFL decision on a Watson suspension carries a burden that the NFL must get right for various reasons.

1) You do not have to be found guilty of anything to violate the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. It is dependent on what the incident is doing to the image of the league. With 24 civil claims now and criminal charges always still on the table, no action by the NFL would be unacceptable. The 'me too ' movement was founded in 2006 by Tarana Burke to support survivors of sexual violence, particularly young women of color from low-wealth communities, to find pathways to healing will surely be a part of that NFL decision making process. Allowing Watson to play in any capacity at this time will surely bring heat from the movement - the last thing the NFL wants to see. How many sponsors will take a stand against the NFL for ignoring the claims against Watson?

2) Too short of a suspension. Suspending Watson 6-8-10-or 12 games in 2022 on the surface may seem acceptable to a little harsh to some fans but there's a bigger issue with a 2022 suspension. The "what if" that will always be there is what happens if Watson loses the vast majority of the civil suits and/or criminal charges resurface? How many more women will surface between now and next March? Suspending Watson for 6 games only to have an explosion of additional women and/or criminal charges would be a very bad look for the NFL if Watson is playing after a short suspension.

3) Watson and his attorneys have painted the NFL into a corner. Due to the lack of a settlement and Watson's attorney's request to have a pause in all proceedings between August and March, the NFL is forced to make a decision on a suspension that will address the current negative light on the NFL image but to be sure that the worst case scenarios in March are covered too. The absolute worst thing that could happen is for the NFL to suspend Watson 6 games only to find out in March that he loses the civil cases and is criminally charged.

4) The payments to the spa manager combined with her invoking the 5th during her deposition has now put solicitation front and center for Watson. In Texas, this level of charge is punishable by incarceration for 180 days to 2 years and/or a maximum $10,000 fine. Additionally, a second violation will jump from a state jail felony to a third-degree felony, which carries a prison term of 2 to 10 years and/or a fine of $10,000. Watson has 24 complaints against him. Subsection (b) enumerates the elements of the offense, providing that it is a crime for a person to offer or agree to pay a fee to have sex with another person. Subsection (c-1) concerns the level of charges for first and subsequent offenses.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know I'm pretty sick of the attacks on Baker over and hate-filled poster's agendas. Baker is what he is, and he's all but gone. Meanwhile, his replacement is a media PR nightmare and cancers like OBJ get a pass... The "But Baker" crowds' posts are getting old fast.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I care about your feelings.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Is there any chance that his contract just freezes while he is on suspension? I forget the term used for guys who opted-out due to COVID...but the same thing. Another year(s?) of QB-hell...with ONE proven NFL receiver...and potential in the TE room...while Bitonio gets another year older and Myles' contract gets really expensive...and this promising year goes right down the toilet...again? Sounds familiar.

I *think* that if he is suspended for enough games, then he doesn't accrue a season and the year won't count on his contract.... but, there's probably enough gray-area in there that it could go either way.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
O
Legend
Legend
O

You have an agenda against Baker, Vers. But you are far from the only poster that does, so I wasn't singling you out. Sorry if my views don't flow with your agenda, but have they ever? I bet you can deduce how I feel about your feelings too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
My comment was intended to be humorous. Hope life is treating you well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

You have an agenda against Baker, Vers. But you are far from the only poster that does, so I wasn't singling you out. Sorry if my views don't flow with your agenda, but have they ever? I bet you can deduce how I feel about your feelings too.

Agenda? does one need an agenda for a player who has played his last game as a Brown?

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, First Take just had an explosive segment on Watson's situation. I'll post the video later once/if it becomes available. Stephen A Smith just went off on the NFL for how they are handling things. Depending on the pre-determined beliefs, people will interpret his comments in different ways. I think he made some very solid points. One thing is for sure, things are not looking good for Watson.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Agenda? does one need an agenda for a player who has played his last game as a Brown?

Baker fans call those who criticize him "haters." Then, they turn around and "hate" on other players, coaches, and the FO.

One thing of note about your claim that Baker has played his last game in Cleveland........there is news out there that the Browns have had "internal discussions" about bringing OBJ back. I'd say that indicates the Browns have already decided to not bring Baker back because no way would OBJ want to play w/Baker again.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Reality check. Baker said he and the Browns should part ways. Stop blaming the Browns for Baker's immaturity and sensitivity.

You are wondering why players won't ask a guy - publicly anyway - to come back when that guy has no choice in the matter...not to mention that he is still here. You habitually leave out context in your Baker bashing and I see right through it. It is a pattern that is deceitful at best.

Baker has NO CHOICE in whether he and the Browns will move on...NONE.

Now that any reasonable person sees through the OBJ cancer, you are fearful that such will shine less negative light on Baker...and that frightens you.

Read this over at the OBR this morning from rookie Isaiah Thomas:

Q: You were at Oklahoma for five years, and through that you played with five different quarterbacks. And all of them are pretty significant names so, talk through going from Baker Mayfield to Kyler Murray to Jalen Hurts to Spencer Rattler to Caleb Williams.

A: "It's pretty cool, definitely unprecedented. I don't think anybody else other than the guys from my class who played five years can say that. So my freshman year Baker was intense, a fierce leader, a competitor for sure, and just wanted to win. That was the closest we got to winning a national championship because we lost to Georgia by a touchdown in the playoffs in overtime.

He said this about Jalen Hurts...AND Baker: "...Then you go to Jalen. Jalen and Baker were probably the best two leaders I've played with..."

You - not knowing Baker from Adam - touting what you "know" about Baker-the-person versus guys that have actually PLAYED with him. Put down the shovel.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Baker fans call those who criticize him "haters." Then, they turn around and "hate" on other players, coaches, and the FO.

One thing of note about your claim that Baker has played his last game in Cleveland........there is news out there that the Browns have had "internal discussions" about bringing OBJ back. I'd say that indicates the Browns have already decided to not bring Baker back because no way would OBJ want to play w/Baker again.

Yes, I agree if they are considering OBJ, but I don't think Baker is ever seen as an option for Watsons suspension games. Jacoby Brissett is a more capable option imo anyway.

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Great Post

There's only one poster that bashes Mayfield in nearly every post - I agree it is getting old.

OBJ and Watson, they get a free pass yesterday, today and tomorrow.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude, yesterday you called me a liar while ranting. I provided proof that I was not lying or deceiving anyone. The words came straight from Baker's mouth on video. You decline to apologize or take back your attack and the very next time you reply to me, you attack me again. Get lost.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is SAS's take:

V
Legend
Legend
V

Yes, I agree if they are considering OBJ, but I don't think Baker is ever seen as an option for Watsons suspension games. Jacoby Brissett is a more capable option imo anyway.

No one in the NFL wanted to trade for Baker and we still have The Fabulous Baker Boys ranting about how others are haters for criticizing him. It's laughable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255
Great Post

There's only one poster that bashes Mayfield in nearly every post - I agree it is getting old.

OBJ and Watson, they get a free pass yesterday, today and tomorrow.

And you bash Watson in every post and It's been old for quite some time now.

FYI, Watson is here to stay, and OBJ and Baker are history.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is laughable bro ... I watched my last Browns game with Baker and his ineptitude play at QB. nanner

Go Browns!!!

[Linked Image]

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Dude, yesterday you called me a liar while ranting. I provided proof that I was not lying or deceiving anyone. The words came straight from Baker's mouth on video. You decline to apologize or take back your attack and the very next time you reply to me, you attack me again. Get lost.

You said that Baker can't keep his mouth shut when a player gets traded. PlayerS...with an S. It happened ONE TIME after the press asked him a question...four years ago. Yet you post it relentlessly as if it happens all the time. That is deceitful.

You inferred that in his good-bye letter he blamed everyone else for blah, blah, blah. He did not. He didn't mention any other person other than Emily and fans in that letter. Using that letter to bash Baker is ridiculous. Yet you combine the letter with a podcast as if they were presenting the same thing. They were not. That is deceitful.

What did he say in the podcast that wasn't true?

You continually make accusations and claims as to what the silence of another really means...when you have no idea. That is deceitful.

If you are being deceitful on purpose, you are lying.

So 2 of 3 points you continually parrot ^ are so overblown that they are BS. You've been bashing on the guy for years before the podcast. Spouting things ^ with no basis or proper context or twisting something to make your agenda-driven point.

Get lost? I have GPS for that. Stop posting BS with no context and expecting no one to challenge you. What do you have for that?

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Steven is upset because the NFL is not making a decision fast enough to suit him...

Then he admits the NFL moved quickly to suspend Ray Rice for two games and when more evidence was produced, it forced the NFL to revisit the case and administer a stiffer penalty.

So, if the NFL wants to avoid revisiting the Watson case it might be wise for the NFL to wait until they get as much info as they can, before handing down a decision. Florio pointed out in his pod cast that the NFL prefers to wait until the last moment before they announce a decision...guess StevenA. wasn't aware of that.

The NFL isn't doing anything wrong, imo...just being careful and waiting to get as much information as they can before announcing their decision...not a thing wrong with that.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
You said that Baker can't keep his mouth shut when a player gets traded.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant. I thought you were deliberately calling me a liar by making something up, but again, maybe you misinterpreted what I meant. Here is what I said.

Teams move on from players all the time and the players keep their mouth shut. Not Baker. Letters and pod casts where he blamed coaching changes, players not wanting to win, etc and how he felt disrespected by the organization.

Break those statements down. "Teams move on from players all the time and the players keep their mouth shut. Not Baker." This is about the Browns moving on from Baker and Baker not being able to keep his mouth shut while other players who get traded, don't cry about how they were disrespected. Jarvis Landry got treated far worse than Baker and he isn't doing a podcast trashing the Browns.

The second part was this: "..he blamed coaching changes, players not wanting to win, etc and how he felt disrespected by the organization." These were comments that Baker made in the Podcast.

If you simply misunderstood my intent because my writing was sloppy or if you are predisposed to anything I say about Baker due to your personal feelings for the man, than no harm. But please, do not accuse me of being a liar. I am no such thing. Btw........calling someone a liar is name calling. Some get away w/it. Others don't.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...cleveland-browns-quarterback/7470996001/

To the mods, I hope the words used to describe watson's disgusting behavior are not in violation of the rules. It's a shame that the conduct of one of our own players falls into that gray area. If they are against the board rules, my apologies.

His disgusting behavior? Has it been proven that it happened yet or do you assume it has to be true? If it did happen, was it consensual? Is she lying? There ARE massage therapists who do offer services like this at the end of a massage, whether you want to believe it or not.

Nope. In all of these descriptions by 24 women, they are all liars. It's a giant conspiracy like the stolen election. Only watson and his attorney can possibly be telling the truth and everyone accusing him and their attorney must all be scum bags.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
There was video of Hunt. Watson's case is a he-said vs she-said thing. If there was actual video, he'd be gone.

No, it's a he said, she said, she said, she said, she said and she said 24 times now..... and counting.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Well, I don't keep records like you do apparently, but with Josh? I'm sure I said he was a d.a. and deserved every suspension he got.

Do you have a point?

I think there was plenty of support for Flash. He was and still is a victim of his demons. He could have been anything .... Flash got a lot of support on the board. He still has my support, I can't imagine knowing that you could have been in the HOF but so addicted that you can't get out of your own way. It's sad. Regards the NFL rulings - IIRC Flash was literally like one thousandths of a % over the limit on a SECOND screening (the first wasn't over?) - and his ban took forever to be ruled on. The NFL did us zero favors. Didn't he also get pinged for flying to Vegas with Manziel (and coach) and others a day or two before his parole was over and also got dinged. When Flash went to NE and Seattle - the NFL ruled much faster and with much greater leniency despite at that point JG being a repeat repeat offender.

Other than deflection I am not sure what JG has to do with Watson. Other than it proving the NFL screws over CLE compared to other franchises.

Well we all know that drug use is on the same level as sexual abuse and makes for a fair comparison, right?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

rofl

Let's see. A team who said you would be their starter in 2022 goes out and gives up three first round draft picks and a $230 million fully guaranteed contract to replace you. Every player in the NFL wants a chance to start and play. Baker knows that will no longer happen here. So since the Browns now have watson and he feels he has a chance to start somewhere else in the league, he wants to be traded. That's "immaturity and sensitivity"? You are hilarious.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Baker fans call those who criticize him "haters."

We took a note from your playbook. It seems you only like the taste of your own recipe when you are serving it. Not so much when you're eating it.

.....there is news out there that the Browns have had "internal discussions" about bringing OBJ back.

It's odd how you label a single report that is undocumented as "news" when at best it's a rumor. But I understand why.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Baker fans call those who criticize him "haters."

We took a note from your playbook. It seems you only like the taste of your own recipe when you are serving it. Not so much when you're eating it.

.....there is news out there that the Browns have had "internal discussions" about bringing OBJ back.

It's odd how you label a single report that is undocumented as "news" when at best it's a rumor. But I understand why.

And the ignore the dozens and dozens of documented articles and stories showing OBJ tried to get out of CLE even before he arrived and all the time he was here.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As I’ve said numerous times, this is only going to get bigger and nastier until there’s some kind of resolution. Some stories won’t just fade away and the moment the Browns rewarded a guy with that much living, current baggage with the biggest contract ever by far, it became a thing that won’t go away until (A) he comes to an epic settlement with all or the vast majority of the accusers or (B) the NFL goes medieval on his azz. The problem now is that both are likely. He’s going to settle sooner or later but it will probably come in the midst of a long banishment. Watson has basically forced the NFLs hand in this by not aggressively pursuing settlement early. Stupid. And the Browns are inadvertently complicit by not demanding aggressive pursuit of settlement before parting with the team’s future to sign him. Stupid on top of stupid. And now the Browns have no power, no leverage to force Watson to do the smart thing. The team’s fate is in the wind. All any of us can do is wring hands and hope someone does something aggressively smart very soon. I’m not sure anything can be done at this point to avoid a gnarly 3rd act to this saga but will someone on team Watson, for the love of all that is Brown and Orange, please just suck it up and make the call. Give each girl $1/2MM and the lawyer his $10MM and make it it go away. Your still going to get 8 games out at the very very minimum but at least it’s over and no longer growing out of control.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
Legend
Legend
P
Another question to consider is this. What if the NFL hands down a punishment then even more lawsuits come into play afterwords?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That’s part of why I think they go nuclear. They cover a lot more butt by just throwing the book at him. They only face a suit from him (as Vers pointed out) and a tangle with the players union but they come out looking fresh no matter what comes down the pike after the fact. If they go easy, they’re a lot more exposed to criticism and second guessing and potentially being on the wrong side of a big “cultural moment”. I imagine their #1 priority is to get this out of their faces, out of sight, out of the pubic mind. Banishment to Siberia for 2 years would do that. They could always reduce it later if everything got settled and the public eye turned elsewhere.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh, and in a strange turn it may end up helping him. If the contract goes on deep freeze and nothing is coming in for 2 years, it may turn out that many of his accusers settle for less. I imagine instagram “massage therapists” are not a population with a lot of disciplined patience. It also might put a chill in any new suits. The biggest thing going against team Watson is that this thing has momentum now. If you can break up the group, get the public eye off of it, that would be huge for them. Just a thought.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Even the largest corporations in America advertise on Instagram. I guess if you're looking for excuses to undermine someone's character you can resort to that but in reality it holds no merit. It's been one of many ways to attempt to undermine the character of the accusers and another prime example of why women often times are afraid to come out publicly against wealthy, famous and powerful men.

Not saying that's what your intention was in your post. i know it wasn't. But I have certainly seen it used before on many occasions. Sometimes on this very board.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I also don't think there is anything that prevents them from extending a suspension were additional lawsuits/actions to come from this after the initial suspension is handed down. This isn't a court of law they're playing in.... within a few constraints set forth by the CBA, the Commish can pretty well do as he pleases. They're just biding their time right now to feel out the best response that will make the majority of the pubic content with things. This whole thing actually reinforces your nuclear option, however.... they can hit hard and still add on later.

The whole thing was a bad look right from the start, but it actually just keeps getting worse and worse. If anything else comes down, I could see it being the proverbial straw and a tipping point for Goodell to make a move and if he's pressured to make a move like that by more occurences, it's going to be a painfully big one.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C

This is going to go just about as bad as it can.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Pretty much.

O
Legend
Legend
O
No one in the NFL wanted to trade for Baker and we still have The Fabulous Baker Boys ranting about how others are haters for criticizing him. It's laughable.

That's hardly a fair statement and you know it. If the FO had not dropped the fifth-year option on him at 18 mil, he would have been gone. You can't even deal in reality as a fan, smh. And calling people who like Baker "The Fabulous Baker Boys", is some petty ass ish. But sure, you have no agenda.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/07/22 02:46 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I imagine that it runs the gamut from totally legit to not at all legit. My wife has a very crude cousin who confided in my brother in law & I one night that he was partaking of quite a lot of happy ending massages, mostly at parlors in NJ & NYC but finding a lot of them on insta and other sites. He showed us his feed and the algorithm was clearly primed to connect him with the lower end of “legit” as the girls were advertising with very revealing clothes and making thinly veiled allusions to being available for other activities. He wasn’t hearing it when I told him it was likely a lot of the girls he was meeting up with, especially the ones farmed out of parlors, were trafficked near-slave illegals or girls very much behind the eight ball in one sense or another. You scratch that surface and it’s a very sad world indeed. I think it’s likely that Watson just assumed all the girls were basically in on it and many in fact weren’t.

And for all intents and purposes, it doesn’t actually matter at this point. It sounds like some or many or all of the suits are of the legit variety. Impossible to know without getting into the weeds. As long as there’s even just one you’re going to have to pay the piper.

O
Legend
Legend
O

lmao@u Show me ONCE where I called anybody, including you, a hater. And we all have a right to our opinions on ANY matter. But few hit this board like you trying to sway others to YOUR opinion and then attacking others who don't see it your way. I did say "FEW". I've watched you do this for years. And I've also watched you get defensive when people call you out for your agenda on other team-related crap for those years. Your schtick is old, repetitive, and predictable once you come off the fence and take the rare stand.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/07/22 02:56 PM.

1 member likes this: Hoodly
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For a person who keeps stating this Watson thing only gets blown up by disgruntled Mayfield fans, it would certainly appear that not only is this a national story from the different articles posted here but nearly every article seems to question Watson's motives. I do look forward to the day Watson can play for the Browns, but he has no business on the field representing the team I support until this self-created mess is cleaned up. I know you don't like that but look around, there's a whole lot of people nationwide that are questioning Watson's actions.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns starting QB...

Link Copied to Clipboard