Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Really at this point - if you want to come up with "plausible" constructs that are closer to impossible than they are to possible - there's little point in engaging.

There's absolutely a ton we don't know. And to use a famous phrase - there are unknown unknowns. There's also a ton we do know. There's stuff we know that lacks context. There's stuff we know that amounts to overwhelming abnormality for a pro athlete. So it's absolutely fair to discuss and ask questions about that.

Coming up with scenarios that DW is a victim. That he might be an alien (something we can't disprove). Or whatever other far flung "what if" - doesn't make a case for DW more or less guilty or innocent. It just deflects. Just how I see it. Contrived contrary arguments are just that - contrived.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
While I will not say that Watson is guilty, I also won't say that there is any chance of him being a victim of sexual misconduct. Not trying to convince you otherwise, but I can't see that at all.

I am still willing to allow the legal system to determine the outcome of these cases, but it seems to me that having sex was probably the motive and that both parties understood that. Some seem to think that having sex is a bad thing. I don't know....maybe things have changed a lot since I was in my teens and 20s, but almost all of us were trying to have sex w/multiple partners. Also, while a poster or two tries to act like the idea of famous people paying for sex is a new idea, it is indeed a reality because it was supposed to reduce the amount of attempts made by money-grabbers. I don't get the sense that Watson forced himself on these women by physically grabbing them and making them do things against their will. I could be wrong about that, though. Lastly, I look at the handful of posters who have already determined Watson's guilt and are desperately trying to get others to agree w/them and have noticed something. They talk about morals and how they can't root for the man, but other than Flo, all of them are among the very most morally corrupt individuals on this board. They lie. They misquote people to win arguments. They gang up on those they disagree with. They viciously attack others daily. Then, they turn around and talk about morals. Fake outrage.

Funny that you talk about not name calling.
You talk about misquoting posters.
You talk about lying.

Yet here you are - name calling. You are misrepresenting what posters are doing - no-one is trying to convince others, just expressing opinions. As for lying - I personally think you hold that crown. But you do you Vers. I'll repeat - 90% of the snark and angst were gone from this board when you weren't posting. I guess that's coincidence.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Nope. If it were to come out that Deshaun arranged to have sex with these women before they showed up, instead of the women thinking they were just there to give him a massage, then he would be innocent in my eyes. But at this point, I don't believe that is remotely likely. What is likely, in my opinion, is that Deshaun wanted easy sex. So he arranged the massages as just massages, then turned the tables on these girls once they were in a controlled environment; then, he used his celebrity and financial status to either get his desired ends or silence those who might speak out against him. If this is the case, he's a predator. And that's the way I think this unfolded currently. I haven't slammed the door shut on him being innocent, but the more I hear, the more it looks like there is little chance of that.

BUT, and this is where you probably think I'm condemning him unfairly, after learning what we have learned and processing it, then trying to remain neutral in not judging... there has just been too much put out for me to support him playing while this is unresolved. NOPE. He should be benched until we know what he is guilty or not guilty of, IMO. And I think this is where the Browns' "due diligence" went wrong. I can't imagine they knew about 66 women and the possibility of numerous more allegations coming down the pike before inking $230 Million fully guaranteed. From a business standpoint, it looks idiotic.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/15/22 09:44 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by GMdawg
IMO and only IMO he looks like a creep. I don't believe he is guilty of everything he is acussed of. However I believe he is guilty of being a creep but not guilty of attacking any women. Pressering... yep, exposing himself.... yep. Raping anybody... nope, forcing anybody... nope. BUt that is my opinion only and I have no proof. I hope he is guilty of nothing more than he is charged with, but he may be guilty of a whole lot more. I don't pretend to know, but I also am not going to hang him out to dry when I don't know.

Thanks. I guess I am right there with you. I don't think there was physical force used. I think a whole bunch of unsavory went on, that was not consensual or expected by the women. Where you and I might differ is the impact of that pressure, authority, manipulation, coercion. To me that's a huge issue. DW might be completely ignorant of why or how it's such a big deal ... but being a horny dude and putting (up to) 66 women in a situation and then having an escalating "routine" that manipulates the situation to a sexual scenario is serious. Most especially because consensual options would be available if he wanted.

And while I can say I hope he is innocent on all levels - logic dictates that's not the case.

Pretty much this. I wish he were innocent because it would be nice to be able to feel good about rooting for this team, but given everything that has been coming out on this, I see little chance of that actually being reality.
Given his testimony, his actual words, regarding the one woman who left in tears and ended up quitting her job over it, I believe that HE believes he is innocent, but only because he doesn't see anything wrong with what he did. I think he simply doesn't recognize that the things he did, the things he is accused of, are wrong and that those things make him the monster.

From the bits of his testimony we've gotten, to what we've gotten from the women, to the payment made to the massage place owner, etc.... there is just far too much there for it to not be what everyone wishes it wasn't and for all of this to be simply misunderstandings and coincidences.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: GMdawg
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Nope. If it were to come out that Deshaun arranged to have sex with these women before they showed up, instead of the women thinking they were just there to give him a massage, then he would be innocent in my eyes. But at this point, I don't believe that is remotely likely. What is likely, in my opinion, is that Deshaun wanted easy sex. So he arranged the massages as just massages, then turned the tables on these girls once they were in a controlled environment; then, he used his celebrity and financial status to either get his desired ends or silence those who might speak out against him. If this is the case, he's a predator. And that's the way I think this unfolded currently. I haven't slammed the door shut on him being innocent, but the more I hear, the more it looks like there is little chance of that.

BUT, and this is where you probably think I'm condemning him unfairly, after learning what we have learned and processing it, then trying to remain neutral in not judging... there has just been too much put out for me to support him playing while this is unresolved. NOPE. He should be benched until we know what he is guilty or not guilty of, IMO. And I think this is where the Browns' "due diligence" went wrong. I can't imagine they knew about 66 women and the possibility of numerous more allegations coming down the pike before inking $230 Million fully guaranteed. From a business standpoint, it looks idiotic.

I somewhat closely parallel your thoughts. In your first scenario I would worry they agreed to sex and then the women backed out being a possibility as well.

My concerns started with the Browns putting the team in this position. This whole thing screamed 'Explosive' from the start. The idea that we did 'Our due diligence' is scary as that means either this is an acceptable outcome or our due diligence sucks arse.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
They said they did their due diligence, five months worth, and they had constructed a plan to repair his public image as part of this. I think they simply grossly underestimated the enormity of it.

When the issue was in another city and he wasn't playing for the team that had him under contract, the story was quiet, so it didn't seem like much. A sleeping giant. Afterall, if he is essentially out of football, the story isn't nearly as big. However, as soon as you make a record-shattering trade and guarantee a quarter Billion dollars to the individual and he's no longer poised to continue to sit out, the sleeping giant that is the story awakens. I don't think they fully anticipated the magnitude of that, and the continued addition of more suits has further amplified it and continued to erode the number of people that wanted/tried/pretended to believe his innocence.

Browns is the Browns

3 members like this: oobernoober, Floquinho, mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Who is to say that the women weren't the ones applying pressure? What if it wasn't consensual or expected on DeShaun's end? They're "medical professionals" and had Watson in a "vulnerable" position. If a dude cries rape, he's a laughingstock. If a woman implies it, she's a cultural icon. The assumptions and double standards are just interesting in modern society.

If that's what you want to believe - go ahead. I'm not stopping you. I think you'd have to be really be trying even more hard than usual to be the contrived contrarian to think 28 women accused DW of something when he was the victim. I think you'd have to be trying even harder than that to think DW put himself in that situation and was abused by these women and he did went back 66 times in 17 months.

But that's your right.

He doesn't really believe that. It's just another far fetched what if scenario to throw shade on all of these women by throwing out a virtually impossible scenario.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
IMO and only IMO he looks like a creep. I don't believe he is guilty of everything he is acussed of. However I believe he is guilty of being a creep but not guilty of attacking any women. Pressering... yep, exposing himself.... yep. Raping anybody... nope, forcing anybody... nope.

So is ejaculating on an unsuspecting woman, "just being a creep"? Is purposefully exposing yourself to unsuspecting women, "just being a creep"?

I ask this because if you "think he's guilty of some of it" where do you draw the line of "just being a creep"? Do you believe someone has to actually rape someone or physically force themselves on a woman to be anything more than "just a creep"?

I have a feeling that if he did this to a woman you know well as a close personal friend you would find it to be a lot more than that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
We went from Cinderella Sweethearts as people called US America's team for a couple of years, to untouchables all due to one player being added. This is what the fanbase gets out of it. And maybe, we will get to see DW win a bunch of games. Meanwhile, each of us gets to internalize what that means to us as diehard Browns fans. A crap sandwich is exactly how it feels right now.

We get to lose bandwagon fans? Oh the horror.

Sure, if that's what you call people that put the abuse of women over a sports team. There's names for people who don't too.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I will not say that Watson is guilty, I also won't say that there is any chance of him being a victim of sexual misconduct. Not trying to convince you otherwise, but I can't see that at all.

I am still willing to allow the legal system to determine the outcome of these cases, but it seems to me that having sex was probably the motive and that both parties understood that. Some seem to think that having sex is a bad thing. I don't know....maybe things have changed a lot since I was in my teens and 20s, but almost all of us were trying to have sex w/multiple partners. Also, while a poster or two tries to act like the idea of famous people paying for sex is a new idea, it is indeed a reality because it was supposed to reduce the amount of attempts made by money-grabbers. I don't get the sense that Watson forced himself on these women by physically grabbing them and making them do things against their will. I could be wrong about that, though. Lastly, I look at the handful of posters who have already determined Watson's guilt and are desperately trying to get others to agree w/them and have noticed something. They talk about morals and how they can't root for the man, but other than Flo, all of them are among the very most morally corrupt individuals on this board. They lie. They misquote people to win arguments. They gang up on those they disagree with. They viciously attack others daily. Then, they turn around and talk about morals. Fake outrage.

Funny that you talk about not name calling.
You talk about misquoting posters.
You talk about lying.

Yet here you are - name calling. You are misrepresenting what posters are doing - no-one is trying to convince others, just expressing opinions. As for lying - I personally think you hold that crown. But you do you Vers. I'll repeat - 90% of the snark and angst were gone from this board when you weren't posting. I guess that's coincidence.

That's his MO. Do what he accuses others of, play the victim and act like he doesn't do the exact same thing.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't know what the outcome of all this will be. I'm just preparing myself for the worse, possibly not having DW for the entire 2022 season. IN the meantime, I'll hope for the best.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
So the cop Baker said a woman just gave Watson a bj, because he was DW. She said he didn’t ask for it, didn’t ask for anything, he just took it. Very long read, but that is at the bottom.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tense-depo...cence-coercion-vs-consent-010619990.html

I will also wait to get all the evidence but I think this happened alot to DW. And 66 in 17 months is only 3 a month.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Frenchy
And 66 in 17 months is only 3 a month.

So a new person every 10 days. And you used 'only' before that?

V
Legend
Legend
V
So, you ignored the rest of the post to poke fun at Frenchy?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As always you miss a point trying to show how clever you are.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by LexDawg

1 every 10 days is nowhere near excessive imo.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
As always you miss a point trying to show how clever you are.

If that's the only BS you have to spread I suggest you park your manure spreader.

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

Thanks for the on-topic response! I'd imagine finding and arranging a new masseuse every 10 days would have to be quite laborious, almost a job in itself.

Edit: Of course if you kept a spreadsheet of women that have used and have no further interest that would help.

Last edited by LexDawg; 06/15/22 03:24 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Especially when the team you played for has them on staff.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I don't know what the outcome of all this will be. I'm just preparing myself for the worse, possibly not having DW for the entire 2022 and 2023 season. IN the meantime, I'll hope for the best.

FIFY

V
Legend
Legend
V
On topic? This was the actual topic of Frenchy's post.

So the cop Baker said a woman just gave Watson a bj, because he was DW. She said he didn’t ask for it, didn’t ask for anything, he just took it. Very long read, but that is at the bottom.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tense-depo...cence-coercion-vs-consent-010619990.html

You ignored all of that, which has a lot more to do w/the topic of Watson's Legal Issues than this: "And 66 in 17 months is only 3 a month."

Let's just ignore that evidence because it doesn't fit your agenda. At least you didn't say Frenchy was mentally ill.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, one story out of 66 holds a TON of weight! Sometimes I don't actually believe you hear yourself. And I'm sure that has nothing to do with why she felt watson committed a crime. Would you like to see why she said that? Nah, you don't care about that part.

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yeah, one story out of 66 holds a TON of weight! Sometimes I don't actually believe you hear yourself. And I'm sure that has nothing to do with why she felt watson committed a crime. Would you like to see why she said that? Nah, you don't care about that part.

It's much easier to just ignore him, unless you are doing it for the post count. He is not well.

Last edited by LexDawg; 06/15/22 03:57 PM.
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
V
Legend
Legend
V
He is not well.

Another mental health putdown? As I said before, look at the character of those who are so morally offended by Watson being on the Browns.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't know what the outcome of all this will be. I'm just preparing myself for the worse, possibly not having DW for the entire 2022 season. IN the meantime, I'll hope for the best.

The worst would be that he never plays a down as a Brown and the browns still have to pay him and lose all the picks. I'd say that's an actual possibility at this point.

O
Legend
Legend
O
So, you ignored the rest of the post to poke fun at Frenchy?

[Linked Image from lexicallab.com]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The worst would be that he never plays a down as a Brown and the browns still have to pay him and lose all the picks. I'd say that's an actual possibility at this point.

That's why I had asked the question about the NFL stepping in and maybe giving us our picks back if he's not going to be able to play.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
O
Legend
Legend
O
He is not well.

Another mental health putdown? As I said before, look at the character of those who are so morally offended by Watson being on the Browns.

I'd say the opposite. Look at the character of those who aren't morally offended. Since you want to go there. Shall we discuss that?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawg66

That's why I had asked the question about the NFL stepping in and maybe giving us our picks back if he's not going to be able to play.

The best thing is to hope they don't let it get to that point. But any settlement at this point will look like a stain on the Browns and DW for a long ass time IMO.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

Under different circumstances I could see something similar happen. But we went whole hog on a player in a precarious position and set records doing it. I have a feeling the NFL will be more inclined to let the lesson be learned the hard way in that scenario.

M
Legend
Legend
M
He is not well.

So how many times have you called Baker a Mental Midget? How many times have you called him an emotional midget? Dozens? Hundreds?

You realize both those are double whammy's because not only are you doing a mental put down you are compounding it by using the insulting term "midget" ... But we know, one rule for you and a different set of rules for everyone else.

Legend
Legend

One massage every 10 days is not excessive.
Finding a new masseuse every 10 days is BEYOND EXCESSIVE.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c: I have never once called Baker a mental midget. It is yet another lie being told over and over and over again by 888. I have let it go because I try really hard not to respond to him and Pit, not because I am afraid to argue w/them, but the bickering ruins threads. But, enough is enough. He does this repeatedly w/so many things. Just makes them up and says them over and over.

I have called Baker an emotional midget many times. I truly believe he is emotionally underdeveloped and his actions back up that claim, just as the "adult" comment from someone in the organization suggests. Maybe he should grow the hell up and man up? And no, I will not respond to 888's next post or Pit's when he clocks in tomorrow.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Not for a civil matter. If it was criminal, I might agree.

Just a general question. Does anyone at this point think Watson can get a fair trial if it comes to that?

Remember, fair means fair on both sides of the matter.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
So is ejaculating on an unsuspecting woman, "just being a creep"? Is purposefully exposing yourself to unsuspecting women, "just being a creep"?

How many women did he ejaculate on Pit? How many women did he expose himself to? Why would any woman in her right mind keep massaging him while he was exposing himself? Why would they keep massaging him while he played with himself? Why wouldn't they leave?

I ask this because if you "think he's guilty of some of it" where do you draw the line of "just being a creep"? Do you believe someone has to actually rape someone or physically force themselves on a woman to be anything more than "just a creep"?

Could DW be a sex addict instead of just a creep.... yep... is he???
Does exposing yourself make you a rapist, or sexual preditor???
Does wishing for a happy ending a crime???

I have a feeling that if he did this to a woman you know well as a close personal friend you would find it to be a lot more than that.

I have a feeling that if this happened to a woman I know, that she would have left the room and not returned as soon as he started letting his junk hang free, and have run from the room if he started playing with it.

Like I said I think he is a creep. I get that sick disgusted feeling in the Pit of my stomach when I think about him being our QB. But I'm a Browns fan and I root for the Browns. there have been many Browns players over the years who were creeps, as well as lots of other NFL players current and past who were/are creeps.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not if there are any females on the jury.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Not just them. Read the board. I don't see many females posting all day about the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Not just them. Read the board. I don't see many females posting all day about the guy.

Other than Eve and Sk8termom, I'm not aware of any current female posters. (There may be some that I didn't know were females.) The board used to have a small but vocal group of females, but since Watson I haven't seen them. I'd be interested to hear from Jules, or especially Dawg Michelle, who I believe is a massage therapist. Others like Iambrown, Dawgylama, Nursedawg, Couchgirl, ONB, and a few more, all dropped out a while ago. I wish they were still here, I liked reading them.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
You know what - if it wasn't you calling Baker a Mental Midget, but you have been using the term Emotional Midget - I will apologize. Someone for damn sure has used that phrase a LOT and since you are one of the most frequent posters to chastise and belittle Baker any chance you get, it was pretty natural for me to think it was probably you. But go and spin that any way you like.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
[quote]How many women did he ejaculate on Pit? How many women did he expose himself to? Why would any woman in her right mind keep massaging him while he was exposing himself? Why would they keep massaging him while he played with himself? Why wouldn't they leave?

Some of the women have mentioned being a single parent and being afraid he would impact their livelihood because they did not do as he wanted. There is a term for it that escapes me right now, but it has to do with coercing someone into sex due to being in a position of power over them. This was one of my concerns as Watson maintains his innocence, he could possibly have no clue how his behaviors impacted these women.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Deshaun Watson Legal Issues

Link Copied to Clipboard