Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so, if I understand what is going on... the feds raised the rates by .75 to stop everyone from making large purchases and they think that will get prices eventually back in line?

seems like they are rolling out more punishment for the masses.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's a little more in depth than that, but yes, raising the rate is 1 tool used in an attempt to stem inflation.

If you can slow the 'easy money', 'spend whatever cause rates are low' tide, it should help to some degree. when credit tightens, spending does also.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
It's a little more in depth than that, but yes, raising the rate is 1 tool used in an attempt to stem inflation.

If you can slow the 'easy money', 'spend whatever cause rates are low' tide, it should help to some degree. when credit tightens, spending does also.

awesome... I heard the early 80's were horrific. (It's sad that Biden was already being referred to as Jimmy Carter 2.0)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

awesome... I heard the early 80's were horrific. (It's sad that Biden was already being referred to as Jimmy Carter 2.0)

You do know the 80’s was the era in which Reagan massively cut taxes, only to have to raise them back right? Taxes were cut in 81-82, then had to get raises back again due to him and his administration facing a future of huge deficits. Except he didn’t raise tax rates on the top brackets. Instead he raised tax rates on the middle class. Before being president, as governor of California he massively reduced spending into mental health institutions, and continued that at the federal level as president.

You do know Reagan was president from 81 through 89, right? If the 80’s were horrific, umm…

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
all i did was hop on google and search "when was reagan president?"

"when did he cut taxes?"

"did reagan raise taxes after cutting them?"

basic stuff.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

"when did he cut taxes?"

basic stuff.

Reagan only served until January of 1989.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg

"when did he cut taxes?"

basic stuff.

so 81-89 is 8 years, 2 terms, correct?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You do know the 80’s was the era in which Reagan massively cut taxes, only to have to raise them back right? Taxes were cut in 81-82, then had to get raises back again due to him and his administration facing a future of huge deficits. Except he didn’t raise tax rates on the top brackets. Instead he raised tax rates on the middle class. Before being president, as governor of California he massively reduced spending into mental health institutions, and continued that at the federal level as president.

You do know Reagan was president from 81 through 89, right? If the 80’s were horrific, umm…

Yep. So, we will get one of the best Presidents to fix this mess we are about to go through?

Don't knock Reagan - people on all sides approved of him. Unlike what we are dealing with between Biden and Trump.

In fact, Reagan - ended with the highest final approval ratings since Eisenhower in the 50's with a 63% approval rating.

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidential-approval-ratings-4074188

Legend
Legend

Yep. So, we will get one of the best Presidents to fix this mess we are about to go through?

Don't knock Reagan - people on all sides approved of him. Unlike what we are dealing with between Biden and Trump.

In fact, Reagan - ended with the highest final approval ratings since Eisenhower in the 50's with a 63% approval rating.

i can absolutely knock reagan. i can and will knock the hell out of reagan. reagan made a lot of things worse in this country.

seriously, what is 63% approval rating supposed to mean to me 33 years later when we get to see what ACTUALLY transpired?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg

"when did he cut taxes?"

basic stuff.

so 81-89 is 8 years, 2 terms, correct?

Yep.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

i can absolutely knock reagan. i can and will knock the hell out of reagan. reagan made a lot of things worse in this country.

seriously, what is 63% approval rating supposed to mean to me 33 years later when we get to see what ACTUALLY transpired?

if you really think that a President still had any control over something 33 years later... you got some cray-cray going on.

Clinton enjoyed the Reaganomics wave (who had the second-highest approval rating since Eisenhower). into Lewinski's oral office until the stock market bubble popped.

Legend
Legend
so still having an affect = control?

are you now implying that Nixon's war on drugs has no effect on our society today because he's not president today?

are you implying that WW2 has no effect on the continent of europe because hitler isn't in control of germany?

are you saying that Genghis Khan has no effect on society even though at least 2 million people TODAY can trace their lineage directly back to him because he isn't in control of mongolia anymore?

are you hellbent on taking L after L after L with posting the most ridiculous crap imaginable?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so still having an affect = control?

are you now implying that Nixon's war on drugs has no effect on our society today because he's not president today?

are you implying that WW2 has no effect on the continent of europe because hitler isn't in control of germany?

are you saying that Genghis Khan has no effect on society even though at least 2 million people TODAY can trace their lineage directly back to him because he isn't in control of mongolia anymore?

are you hellbent on taking L after L after L with posting the most ridiculous crap imaginable?

oh sorry... you must be busy trying to rewrite history.

Nixon war on drugs was probably sleight of hand to keep everyone distracted from planning watergate and a ton of other shady stuff he never got caught doing.

the rest of the egregious comments are not worth replying to.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Who would that Best President be? If you say Trump, I'm adding you to the list.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Who would that Best President be? If you say Trump, I'm adding you to the list.

Reagan. - that's who we have been talking about. He had the highest exit approval rating in like 75 years.

... I don't how many times I can say that I wouldn't vote for Trump If he ran in '24.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You gonna dig him up are ya? smh.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You gonna dig him up are ya? smh.

I have no clue what you are saying. Read the convo for context.

Your comment sounds like a wasted person getting in from the bar and interrupting a formal dinner.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Nope. not even high tonight. But nice try. Explain how you are going to get one of the best presidents to fix this mess then? You said you were talking about Reagan. And I scrolled up and read, you got a lot of nerve saying I look like the one just home from the bar.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nope. not even high tonight. But nice try. Explain how you are going to get one of the best presidents to fix this mess then? You said you were talking about Reagan. And I scrolled up and read, you got a lot of nerve saying I look like the one just home from the bar.

The same way some of our Presidents in the past have stepped up at the right time.

Reagan
Eisenhower
Lincoln
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Washington
Truman
Jefferson

Our next president has a lot of work to do and big shoes to fill.

B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

Gas up to $5 a gallon

Food, when you can find it up 5% a month

Business all over with staffing shortages.

The list goes on and on. Progressives...I think that is supposed to mean making progress. My question is progress towards what?

What idiots they are.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
staffing shortage means a lack of bodies. so there's plenty of jobs out there. oil companies out here making crazy amounts of money.

how come you won't tell your free market to lower prices?

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
JC

Gas up to $5 a gallon

Food, when you can find it up 5% a month

Business all over with staffing shortages.

The list goes on and on. Progressives...I think that is supposed to mean making progress. My question is progress towards what?

What idiots they are.

DON'T YOU DARE BLAME PROGRESSIVES FOR THIS CRAP. It's on corps, Putin, Trump, MAGA, COVID, and YOU.

O
Legend
Legend
O
staffing shortage means a lack of bodies. so there's plenty of jobs out there. oil companies out here making crazy amounts of money.

how come you won't tell your free market to lower prices?

Because he would rather lie to himself and others for political points.

They want to blame people who wanted a living wage. People who got stimulus checks, always blame the poor and the less fortunate, that's what they do. And Trump sent out most of that money, but Biden gets blamed too. Running his mouth but doesn't have a clue. Progressives aren't playing games with supply chains, progressives didn't crap on essential workers, and we damn sure didn't vote for Trump or root for Putin. You have to be a fool to think things got this messed up in the little time Biden has been in office. I guess he begged SA to cut oil production too. Or played games with CHina so now they are playing games with us on sending crap we need. And Republicans let businesses send all our manufacturing overseas in the name of fast profits.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/16/22 07:27 AM.

Legend
Legend
it's funny cause cutting taxes for the wealthy and corporations is effectively a stimulus check. they don't ever whine about that though.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
People like Peen are infuriating. In their minds, Reagan is still in office and the Yuppies are the in-crowd. If Boomers like him would butt out, this country would be a hell of a lot better off. His way of thinking has been dead for 20+ years, he just hasn't figured that out yet.

O
Legend
Legend
O
it's funny cause cutting taxes for the wealthy and corporations is effectively a stimulus check. they don't ever whine about that though.

Or realize how much wealth got transferred to the top on THEIR watch. They were asleep at the wheel letting us get sold down the river.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/16/22 07:31 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You should save more and pick yourself up by the bootstraps. Thoughts and prayers.

Legend
Legend
I heard the early 80's were horrific.

Eat my shorts homeboy. The 80's where gnarly, and it's when we learned to veg out, (when somebody wasn't gagging us with a spoon) The 80's were bitchin, Bodacious, Awesome, Wicked, Schweet, Righteous, Excellent, Most triumphant, Fantabulous, Outrageous, times.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Peen is a good homeboy. some guys just tend to get stuck in nostalgia and look back at the good times without recognizing the bad that came with it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Eat my shorts homeboy. The 80's where gnarly, and it's when we learned to veg out, (when somebody wasn't gagging us with a spoon) The 80's were bitchin, Bodacious, Awesome, Wicked, Schweet, Righteous, Excellent, Most triumphant, Fantabulous, Outrageous, times.

yea i heard the CIA also had a blast with the cartels in the 80's as well. gnarly.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
He came at me and he knew what he was doing. I don't care if he's the second coming. That kind of garbage thinking is killing America.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/16/22 07:38 AM.

Legend
Legend
oh im not commenting on his and your beef. i was just talking about him from the standpoint of nostalgia

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

yea i heard the CIA also had a blast with the cartels in the 80's as well. gnarly.

Swish, the one thing the 60-90s had over your generation that is undeniable. We had great music. The rest will always be up for debate. But mumble rap? Nah.

O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

I hear Mexico has a surplus of people willing to work, maybe we should invite them in so old turds can get their $2.99 Denny's breakfast and leave their .50 cent tips.

Legend
Legend

Swish, the one thing the 60-90s had over your generation that is undeniable. We had great music. The rest will always be up for debate. But mumble rap? Nah.

oooo now we getting into the weeds (pun intended).

i'll grant you rock and country music. maybe i'll even grant you pop music from the 60's-90's.

but hip hop from the mid 80's until the beginning of 2010's was flat out iconic. and remember i'm a techno head. yall house music was hot garbage back in the day. it's so much better now. mumble rap i dislike as well, though i must admit the beats are straight up FIRE. thankfully that crap is losing popularity and rappers are going back to actually speaking english, so it was a phase. i blame Atlanta for that mumble rap nonsense. rock music today is hot garbage though.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
jc

I hear Mexico has a surplus of people willing to work, maybe we should invite them in so old turds can get their $2.99 Denny's breakfast and leave their .50 cent tips.

Hey now 20 percent is .60 cents. that's what I leave.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe 2010. But the best rap and its precursors started in the 80s-90s. Eminem hit the scene in the late 90s, so you are right, there was some good work in the 2000-2010 range. And there is some decent music today, but far from iconic.

I could have really got in the weeds and said, rap isn't music, but I'm not like certain posters. I like rap, even if it took me longer to appreciate it than most. I was a hardcore rocker and a blues fan in my youth. Only listened to country, pop, rap, classical, or bluegrass if I was in a situation where there was no other choice. By the time I started appreciating rap, Tupac and Biggie were gone, Em was taking over, Ice cube, llcj, and Ice T were all acting. But now I know most of the best from the genre and movement. But there was a time when I had no idea who Dre, Snoop, or Diddy were. lol, that's sad.

Hell, it was only 5-6 years ago that I found out Mark and Donnie Wahlberg were in NCOTB. I hated those boy bands.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/16/22 08:37 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

Hey now 20 percent is .60 cents. that's what I leave.

Oh, finally made the jump from 15 percent? lol

Legend
Legend
rap isn't music...

cause we're boys, i'mma refrain from calling you Ben Shapiro

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sigh…the economy... Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard