Legend
Legend
rofl

V
Legend
Legend
V
Why?

Will this solve inflation? Gas prices? Crime? Drug use? Fatherless children?

Waste of time and resources.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I get why you guys don't care about Traitors, coups, or insurrections... You're both parts of the movement and 40 is their biggest cheerleader. Fascism for all, just so you get your way.

BTW - every post you make Vers, is an absolute waste of electrons and KBs of storage. I can't wait to start the impeachment thread for the zealot-packed Extreme Court.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/26/22 08:58 PM.
Legend
Legend
Im glad it’s being covered. There’s multiple things going on in this country and it needs to be highlighted

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Jester
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Some would prefer to ignore all the corruption and fascism to focus on stripping the rights of people. You know, people who don't fit the mold of what they consider to be people. Next stop, 3/5ths a man and forcing thirteen-year-olds to marry old ass men... the good ole days brought to you by C. Thomas and Company.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/26/22 10:02 PM.
Legend
Legend

No. It won't solve any of these problems.
That's not its purpose.

I disagree.

Time and resources should be spent on all of the above- and that includes the details surrounding 1/6.

1. Your list, because it's the right thing to do at all times...
2 ...and 1/6, because something like that should have never happened even one time.

A group of American citizens did something that hasn't happened since the War of 1812- they breached 202 defenses, and mounted a successful assault/penetration of the U.S. Capitol at the second most vulnerable moment in our exercise of Democracy. For something like that to occur, a serious breakdown of norms, laws, protocols must have taken place. Time and resources devoted to this are every bit as important as the issues you outlined, if not more so... because a breakdown of governance at the Federal level (which almost came to pass) means a total breakdown of efforts to remedy the items on your to-do list at the state and local level. In America, it all (just barely) works only if the top of the system functions.

I've watched every minute of the 1/6 hearings. I did this in the same fashion that My Parents watched the Watergate hearings. In the same fashion as I watched the Iran-Contra hearings as a young adult. In the same fashion as I watched the 9/11 commission. Only difference: this time, I get to record the televised broadcasts so I can watch them when I'm not distracted. Your assertion that this is a wasteful exercise is evidence that you haven't tuned in at all, my friend. Know why I say this to you with such certainty? Because I know you from almost 20 years of posts and countless PM's.

"Justice Warrior" as a personality type is in your blood/DNA. I see you. And that's not a pejorative in any way, shape, or form. It's merely my recognition of one of your personality traits. I recognize it in you, because I possess it myself. Sometimes, it's an asset. Sometimes, it's a lability. It is what it be... but I see you, and you hear me. We see us.

I'm telling you- if you'd been watching these proceedings, the tone and tenor of your recent posts would be very different. Because you look at data and draw conclusions.

For me, this isn't an either/or... it's a "Yes, and-"

America should always continue working on Your List, but She should also devote substantial time, effort and diligence to find an explanation for why American citizens attacked their own seat of governance. In my humble opinion, that's worthy of my time and resources, and it should be worthy of yours, as well. Plainly spoke: I'll gladly spend my tax dollars to follow this chain of evidence wherever it leads. Because a failed coup attempt is merely the trial run for a successful coup attempt. We need to learn from this, just as we needed to learn after 9/11. We should get more ready, because this was dangerously close.

Vers: we can do both at the same time.
If America's Democracy is to survive, we must do both.

clem.

p.s. If I know you as I think I do, please allow me this suggestion: the hearings are available online. Do for yourself what I have done: listen when you can, listen fully. I provide a link to CSPAN video which is aired raw, with no editing or network slant. Watch these 15+ hours of content, then get with me. That's when we can converse on a level tennis court.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Why?

Jan 6th is an example of a symptom of another sickness in America. Just as serious as any of the issues you listed. By following and understanding what led to Jan 6th - by following all the trails and discovering who enabled it, who encouraged it, who wanted to stop it or who wanted it to happen - we will find and possibly be able to address the causation.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/27/22 07:53 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not going to watch, Clem. However, I should not have made my earlier post on this thread. People can talk about what they want. I'm just tired of all the finger pointing while nothing gets done to help most Americans. But again, I was wrong to question the purpose of this thread. My apologies.

Legend
Legend
I'm not going to watch, Clem. However, I should not have made my earlier post on this thread. People can talk about what they want. I'm just tired of all the finger pointing while nothing gets done to help most Americans. But again, I was wrong to question the purpose of this thread. My apologies.

i'd say trying to overthrow a government in order for one person to stay in power is just as important as everything else you listed, if not more.

that's like implying that gas prices are more important than putin trying to invade ukraine. there's levels to this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
If you do not learn from mistakes. They are likely to repeat.

I have seen quite a bit of history and Jan 6th was one of the worst things I have seen. The hearings make that statement proof positive.

What took place is being told by those involved in what happened.

As Americans we can determine our future as a democracy. Or, we can hide from the rule of law and allow individuals to determine how we exist as a country. If we do not demand accountability for the actions on Jan 6th. We are setting the stage for corruption to rule.

Legend
Legend
Trying to overturn an election that was challenged in the courts and proven valid is what?

Recruiting people to falsely act as real electors and provide them with fake documents to pass on as valid. That is what corruption looks like.

It also violates the law. How does trying to stop the legal transfer of power to the person who won the election not violate The Constitution?

You either follow the rule of law or there is no law.

That makes these hearings critical to what the United States is based upon.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why?

Yes, trying to leverage the DOJ to help overthrow an election is nothing we should "waste time" on.

Trying to force the hand of state election officials to help overthrow an election is nothing we should "waste time" on.

Installing fake electors to overthrow an election is nothing we should "waste time" on.

I mean the foundation of our Republic isn't worth wasting time on.

Hopefully using purple wasn't necessary here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Jan. 6 panel adds last-minute hearing Tuesday afternoon

Committee members had said previously that the next public hearings would be after the July Fourth break

WASHINGTON — The Jan. 6 committee will hold a last-minute public hearing Tuesday to present new evidence and hear witness testimony, after having previously said it would take a break until mid-July.

The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 1 p.m. ET, according to an advisory the committee sent out Monday. In an unusual move, the committee has not identified the witness, as it did for previous hearings.

“There is new evidence that is coming to [the committee’s] attention on an almost daily basis," said a source familiar with the hearing. The committee was “just planning on working this week in preparation for the final two hearings, so this is unplanned.

"You can deduce from that that there will be a lot of significance to the hearing.”

Monday's announcement came as a surprise given that Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., and aides for the Jan. 6 panel said just last week that there would be no other public hearings in June and that the next set of hearings would take place when Congress returns from its two-week July Fourth recess, sometime in mid-July.

Two hearings were originally scheduled for this week, but they were delayed, panel members said, to give the committee more time to prepare and because the panel continues to learn more information.

"The next couple of hearings will cover the run-up to Jan. 6, the marshaling of this mob that appeared on the mall that day, and the attack on the Capitol," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a panel member, said Sunday during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...nute-hearing-tuesday-afternoon-rcna35509

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/27/22 08:39 PM.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Agents seize phone of lawyer who pushed Trump false elector claims
Devlin Barrett - 48m ago

Federal agents last week seized the cell phone of John Eastman, a lawyer who pushed false claims that mass voter fraud tainted the 2020 election and urged President Trump and other Republicans to block Joe Biden from becoming president.

© Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post
Eastman’s lawyer, Charles Burnham, filed papers in federal court in New Mexico Monday asking a judge to order the cell phone returned to Eastman. It was seized pursuant to a search order when he left a restaurant last Wednesday — a day in which federal agents around the country delivered subpoenas, executed search warrants, and interviewed witnesses in a significant expansion of the criminal probes surrounding Jan. 6.

That same day, federal agents conducted a search at the northern Virginia home of Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department official who Trump considered appointing to run the department because he was willing to further a scheme to declare the election results invalid in some key states.

Both Clark and Eastman played crucial roles in Trump’s efforts in late 2020 and early 2021 to convince state legislators in about a half dozen states to replace the electors that Biden had won with electors for Trump. In theory, such a replacement would have kept Trump in the White House.

With echoes of Watergate, Trump appointees describe push to overturn election, keep him in office
Monday’s court filings also suggest the Justice Department’s inspector general has become an important player in the criminal probes surrounding Jan. 6, because Eastman says his phone was taken by FBI agents acting on behalf of the inspector general. A spokeswoman for the inspector general declined to comment.

The inspector general is an independent entity tasked with rooting out waste, fraud and abuse within the Justice Department. IG investigations examine the conduct of current or former department officials, and the office’s role in this case suggests it may be reviewing the contents of Eastman’s phone as part of a criminal investigation into Clark or others who once worked at the department.

In court papers seeking the return of his phone, Eastman argues that because he was never a Justice Department employee he is “outside of the OIG’s jurisdiction.”

The court papers say that when Eastman asked to see the warrant, the request was refused. He was frisked, his iPhone taken from him and he was “forced to provide biometric data to open” the phone, the filing says.

That claim may become a matter of dispute, since the warrant for Eastman’s phone explicitly states that Eastman may be asked to willingly provide a password or biometric data, but cannot be forced to provide that information.

The warrant also suggests that the inspector general’s office is prepared for a legal fight over the contents of the phone, because it contains a provision that its contents will not be viewed right away by the investigative team.

In his own filing, Eastman notes that his phone contains “emails that have been the subject of an intense, five-month privilege dispute between movant and the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol.” The court filing also notes that a federal judge in California previously ruled that some of Eastman’s emails are “protected by the First Amendment’s freedom of association, by attorney-client privilege, and/or by the work product doctrine.”

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
I"m not sure how big a deal this will be.. The secret witness is Mark Meadows aide. If you remember (to those that actually have watched the hearing thus far) She is the one that told us that a number of lawmakers and trump minions were searching for Pardons. She is also the one that said that Meadows shredded papers after a meeting with the lawyers that told trump that the plan to have fake electors was illegal. I suppose if she took notes in meetings those could be used....

I guess we'll see. I do have a hard time believing they'd call an emergency hearing without there being some meaty stuff... But this being the surprise witness? I'm curious about it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
We're probably going to get the dirt on the GOPers wanting pardons. I heard there are several that have never been named publically. And we might be getting confirmation of the ones who have. It has to be fairly big for them to just announce and schedule immediately. They were already adjourned for the 4th.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/28/22 08:58 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Imagine the absolute explosion from the Trump supporters if Hillary ever asked for a pardon. Now it's the GOP and you're going to hear how this is no big deal.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if the hearings will have an impact on those open enough to listen?

I don't expect any impact on the 30% who will iqnore any conversation other than what comes from their ultra right sources.

It is the true conservative republicans and independents that I wonder about. Those who were against the democrat economics policies.
But maybe not on board with trump as a person.

Over the last few years I have grown very cynical about what I have seen. Overwhelming evidence seems to have little impact. Peoples quest for power and motivation to stay in power drives them way more than any true sense of patriotism. Personal greed dominates.

The hearings clearly expose what took place. Yet the response seems to indicate that people will just stick their heads in the sand and ignore that which they don't want to hear.

My only hope is that a majority will see this for what it truly is.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would just be happy if it caused them to get back to the roots of what their party used to stand for instead of running and electing extremists, scum bag human beings and grifters. People who thought overturning our elections to stay in power was a legitimate path to take.

I mean let's face it, there was a time when all we really disagreed with were political policies. If the GOP chooses to nominate and elect Trump again or his even worse clone DeSantis, we'll know for sure this country didn't learn a damned thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger - who was in charge of Capitol security on January 6 and who blamed 'professional agitators' - dies suddenly, hours before TODAY's surprise hearing moved up because of 'safety concerns' for Mark Meadows' top aide

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arge-securing-Capitol-dies-suddenly.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
He’s such a scumbag. A self serving, sociopathic douche of a human being.
That’s an insult to douche. It at least has a purpose.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
He’s such a scumbag. A self serving, sociopathic douche of a human being.
That’s an insult to douche. It at least has a purpose.

Both Summer's Eve and Massengill agree with you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Bonkers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! You libbies will believe anything.......Russia, Russia, Russia!!!!!! LOL@ Trump grabbing the steering wheel................... rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
And even with overwhelming evidence you have no regard for our democracy. All of these witnesses have been Republicans. You love them right up until the moment they tell the truth about Trump and his cronies. Then you suddenly hate them. The proof you care more about Trump than you do America is obvious.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have ZERO trust in any Republican...Not to mention Demonrats!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only in your little cocoon of misinformation. You think this is all one big conspiracy to get trump no matter all of the evidence that has been gathered. I'll keep you in my prayers.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WOW Pit...You actually pray?

Legend
Legend
The republican party of Reagan and Bush is gone.

It will take a long time for the party to change. trump laid a path for himself and others to follow. I do not see a change in direction coming any time soon.

There is now way to compromise. Bowers as much as he hates trump would vote the ticket no matter even if trump were on it.

There are no common goals from either party only division. If one says black the other will say white.

I have lost faith

P
Legend
Legend
P
Of course i do. And you can use all the prayers you can get. You see, I just don't feel I have the right to inflict my religious beliefs on the rest of society. I have the freedom of religion and everyone else has freedom from my religion.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And even with overwhelming evidence you have no regard for our democracy. All of these witnesses have been Republicans. You love them right up until the moment they tell the truth about Trump and his cronies. Then you suddenly hate them. The proof you care more about Trump than you do America is obvious.

For truth.

I'm travelling for 2 days - happen to be in a hotel room and caught the testimony. To think this is anything other than legit is beyond ignorant.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
LOL! You libbies will believe anything.......Russia, Russia, Russia!!!!!! LOL@ Trump grabbing the steering wheel................... rofl
Lol. Ketchup dripping off the wall of the Oval Dining room. A child’s temper tantrum. Boo Hoo I lost. Tells me she’s not lying. It’s so trump.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
WOW Pit...You actually pray?
You questioning others faith is very telling. Chill.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't mind. Their standard for what a Christian is, is much the same as it is for who is an actual Republican these days. If you don't walk the company line you are no longer qualified. It's the perfect example of why they really don't mean what they say about freedom of religion. Freedom of religion only means if you're a Christian who walks the trumpian line. If you actually feel you don't have the right to inflict your religious beliefs on others, you no longer count as being a Christian to them.

I actually love when they step up and point that out. It speaks volumes.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

i'd say trying to overthrow a government in order for one person to stay in power is just as important as everything else you listed, if not more.

that's like implying that gas prices are more important than putin trying to invade ukraine. there's levels to this.

Towing the trump line is more important than watching US history unfold and understanding constitutional law. Some people can’t handle the truth. Just doesn’t line up with the lies they’ve been told to believe in.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Why?

How would Vers handle this....Oh yea, try to stay on topic.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
I picked a good day to be able to watch me some Jan 6th trial/news.

Just amazing. And there are tools that will continue to support this petulant traitorous P.O.S.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/28/22 05:17 PM.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mgh888
I picked a good day to be able to watch me some Jan 6th trial/news.

Just amazing. And there are tools that will continue to support this petulant traitorous P.O.S.

mgh...yes sir...they need to make a movie of this stuff...

What would be the title of a Trump crime boss movie...any ideas..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Insurrection Fallout pt5

Link Copied to Clipboard