Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's cool and I had a few too many pops tonight. I respect anyone who doesn't want to root for the Browns because of Watson. That is an individual choice. The charges are freaking gross. I just don't like others telling me how to think. And the bullying thing set me off a few days ago, OCD. 1 against 6 is not bullying. Replying to a character attack is not bullying. You unfairly slandered my name by not pointing out that I was responding to an attack and making it sound like I threw the first punch w/Purp. That's not cool, OCD. I have provided the link. I did NOT attack Purp first. I responded to his attack. That is a FACT.

But again, I have a bit of a buzz on and should have just kept quiet. Y'all frustrate me at times, though.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I never asked others to join in and it happens to all of us. I just pointed it out BECAUSE I didn't think you realized how you were coming across, then it took a life of its own. Sometimes stepping back and rethinking things helps. I do it all the time. Nobody is perfect, especially in a place like this where we shouldn't have to be.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Like I said to Fate, we are all guilty of it. And I think the board reflects the times we are living in. Even before PP, politics were frequently discussed and highly partisan. Things get said in those environments. But I do my best to limit it to PP. Recently, I haven't done that very well. The DW thing is about all that is causing that. I don't care what you think about him or how you feel about it, that's your right. But I am going to express how I feel about it, and have been. Going back and forth with you might be a side effect of that for both of us. And I get along with Fate more often than not, but we go at each other from time to time too. Same with arch. Hell, Pit and I even butt heads from time to time with slight differences in our politics or world views. It just happens and I think few truly hate or despise anyone on here. We're just passionate. lol. I'll go with that.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Show me where I responded to Purp first. Once again, you are just like Pit. Lying out your butt.

Notice I wasn't involved in this. But you can't keep my name out of your mouth. I'm sure somehow you'll say I started it. Maybe you should refrain from bragging about what a tough kid you were? Or about what a classy guy you were? Those days are obviously behind you. Maybe stop posting while you're drinking? Just some suggestions.

People have used actual quotes from your own posts to show what you have said many times. In reply you call them liars. I wonder what you call that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I just don't like others telling me how to think.

Which nobody on this board has ever done.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I said something to mac about Florio being his hero. That is it. Nothing to Purp. Of course, you have said Watson was my hero and savior several times. No one questioned that.

Dude, how about this.........I will dig up what was said exactly. If I am wrong........I'll leave the board. If I am correct.......you leave the board.

That is a bet you best not take. But, you can act like your brother and ignore the truth to win a stupid board argument.

I'll take the bet. I just read the whole exchange. It's been nice knowing you. Follow your rules, leave the board. Or not. It's your reputation on the line.
I took the bet. And just now I re read the first 3 pages of that thread. You leaving?

V
Legend
Legend
V
There you go again. It went down exactly the way I said it did. I knew you would not honor the bet and would spin away. I am not wasted today and this is my last response to you today.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Whatever dude.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Back to my notion of the DeSantis/Trump showdown…so it begins…

Former Trump White House strategist Steve Bannon is attacking Rupert Murdoch and his media empire for tossing aside Donald Trump in favor of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Fox News, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Times of London, The Sun etc etc etc ― all lockstep against Trump,” Bannon wrote Wednesday on the right-wing Gettr social media platform. He also attacked the Murdoch family as “Australians via England — not American” who have “never sacrificed anything for this Country.” Murdoch became a U.S. citizen in 1984.

Murdoch has “zero feel” for “America or Americans,” Bannon added.

Scroll to continue with contentAd

Bannon was responding to an article in Vanity Fair on Wednesday declaring that “DeSantis fever is spreading across Murdoch’s media empire.”

Murdoch-controlled media outlets have recently launched sharp attacks on Trump, including surprisingly scathing editorials earlier this month in the New York Post and Wall Street Journal.

“Trump betrayed his supporters by conning them on Jan. 6, and he is still doing it,” the Journal editorial stated June 10.

“The King Lear of Mar-a-Lago” who cannot accept defeat has “become a prisoner of his own ego,” the Post said the same day. “He won’t stop insisting that 2020 was ‘stolen’ even though he’s offered no proof that it’s true.”

Longtime Murdoch employee Piers Morgan wrote in an opinion piece Monday in the Post that “by almost any political metric you choose, this guy’s [DeSantis] a far better option for leading the Republicans into the 2024 election than Donald Trump.”

The British television personality called Trump an “aging, raging gorilla who’s become a whiny, democracy-defying bore.” The headline flatly declared: “It’s Time to Dump The Donald.”

Vanity Fair noted Morgan in essence “held up a grenade, pulled out a pin, and lobbed it in the direction of Mar-a-Lago.” More important, the opinion article underscored the message of Murdoch’s media: “Dump Trump,” the magazine added.

Morgan predicted that the “mutual admiration society” of DeSantis and Trump was “about to fall apart big-time.”

Morgan added: “if there’s one thing Trump can’t stomach more than people who don’t buy into his ‘rigged election’ bulls–t, it’s people who might threaten his chances of returning to the White House in 2024.”

The chill is already obvious. DeSantis has opted not to ask Trump for an endorsement for his gubernatorial reelection bid.

Trump posted a Zogby poll (which rated a B- rating for predictability last year) on Truth Social on Wednesday that showed him leading with 54% of the expected vote to DeSantis’ 12% in an imagined presidential primary race involving several candidates. Fox News reported Wednesday that a New Hampshire poll showed DeSantis with a razor-thin lead over Trump in that state.

Though Fox News skipped airing the first of the televised hearings by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, the network has aired the rest to date.

Following the hearing Tuesday, Fox anchor Martha MacCallum called out the “stunning” absence of proof to support Trump’s claims that the 2020 election had been rigged against him.

One source told Vanity Fair: “Rupert Murdoch is a pragmatic guy. He knows better than anybody how to read political tea leaves.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-blasts-murdoch-saying-221339237.html

Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity will be huge barometers for how this unfolds.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity will be huge barometers for how this unfolds.

Well, they are the ones who issue the marching orders now.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, maybe I ought to start watching FOX, and Tucker, and Hannity. I currently don't, and honest to God, never have.

P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I'll say is that Republicans seem to comprehend the political landscape. They still want to run what they see as a "tough guy" with Trumpian tendencies. But they understand the demographics that so many people wish to refuse and admit. Neither Democrats nor Republicans decide the presidency. Unless they cheat of course. You have pretty equal votes between Republicans and Democrats. It's the Independent voters who decide the presidency and nothing else. They also know people vote with their wallets. No matter what issues come up, Jan.6th., abortion, you name it, people will vote with their wallets. None of the people running are Trump. In this years elections Democrats will take a beating due to inflation. That's just how it works.

In 2024? Some of that will depend on how the economy goes between now and then. But what Republicans do know is that Independent voters are their ticket to victory. They know these people aren't hard core Trumpians. They realize they will watch the facts that have unfolded during the Jan. 6th hearings and that as a result Trump carries a huge amount of baggage among the very people they depend on to win elections. So the answer?

Run a candidate that sounds like Trump, acts like Trump and believes like Trump..... only without so much baggage. As a movie title it would sound something like this.....

Ron DeSantis Trump 2.0 (Without so much baggage.)

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think DeSantis understands that notion very much, as well. I don't think it's quite convenient yet for him to officially turncoat on Trump, but I think he's biding his time. My guess is he hopes to amicably get Trump's endorsement, because that would flat out just be way easier. However, I think he's also preparing to face off against Trump as well. If the Jan 6 stuff goes even further south, I think he takes advantage and couches it as "we need to move on and move forward."

This is all pure speculation on my part, of course. We'll see how close or how far off I am.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trumpsters Claim Dead Cows Are Proof of a Nefarious Plot to Starve Americans

Sure, the week the cows died temperatures topped 104 degrees in Kansas and ranchers said the heat killed them. But that didn’t stop these Trump fans from making other reasons up.

Republicans have seized on the deaths of thousands of cattle in a Kansas heat wave as the latest proof of a baseless conspiracy theory that saboteurs ranging from the mega-wealthy to the government are out to destroy the national food supply.

That hoax has been circulating on the right for months, but received new energy after thousands of cattle in Kansas died in a June heatwave in which temperatures topped 104 degrees. A viral video that showed what appeared to be hundreds of dead cattle was cited by as proof that someone—the Biden administration, liberal billionaires, or an unnamed elite cabal—was behind the deaths.

For ranchers, the cattles’ deaths were not mysterious. A spokeswoman for the Kansas Livestock Association told PBS that the cows died from “heat stress” after a sudden 20-degree temperature spike. Rather than accept that the cattle were killed by the heat—and the prospect that climate change will bring similar mass-death incidents—some Republicans became convinced that a shadowy force was behind the dead cattle.

Tennessee House candidate Robby Starbuck claimed he had unnamed sources who insisted that the cows could not have been killed by the heat.

“They did not die of extreme heat,” Starbuck tweeted. “I talked to multiple ranchers since I saw this video (one from Kansas) and they all say this needs to be investigated ASAP to get to the bottom of this because there’s no way heat caused 10,000+ cattle to drop dead. This is not normal.”

Theories about the cows’ deaths also proliferated on Telegram, the social media network that’s become a haven for far-right figures. Jovan Hutton Pulitzer, an inventor and leading figure in the 2020 election-denial movement, boosted another user’s post suggesting that Bill Gates was behind the deaths. In a Telegram message, Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes speculated that the cattle deaths were part of a plot to “make us so hungry” that Americans would revolt, giving the government a chance to institute a state of emergency.

Few of the conspiracy theorists were as willing as Pulitzer or McInnes to name any culprit for the cow-deaths. Right-wing comedian Steven Crowder embraced the kind of free-floating skepticism that’s become prominent on the MAGA right, tweeting Tuesday that he was “a little suspicious about 2K cows just suddenly dropping dead in Kansas due to heat stress.”

The sudden cattle deaths have been incorporated into a growing narrative on the right that the country’s food supply is at risk due to a shadowy sabotage network. In April, conservatives seized on a series of fires and other incidents at food-processing plants to suggest that a mysterious group of arsonists is set on undermining the food supply. In reality, however, several of the incidents were years-old, while others didn’t actually occur near the food plants.

The conspiracy theories about the cow die-off have even made it to Congress. In a speech on the House floor, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) said Americans have “every right to be skeptical” about the food-supply incidents, including the cattle deaths and the baby formula shortage. Cawthorn described the incidents as a “seemly unexplainable series of food industry accidents” being ignored by the media.

“Does no one care that children are starving you and your colleagues feast at Le Diplomate?” Cawthorn said, referring to the French restaurant popular with Washington politicos.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...ious-plot-to-starve-americans?ref=scroll

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Trump Reportedly Poured $1.3 Million In Political Contributions Into His Own Businesses After Losing Election

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-reportedly-poured-1-3-073735426.html

just here to see who will call this out without a "whatabout" post.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Trump Reportedly Poured $1.3 Million In Political Contributions Into His Own Businesses After Losing Election

and while i'm waiting on that:

After Roe fell, Steve Bannon called for an 'army of the awakened' to 'shatter' Democrats

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roe-fell-steve-bannon-called-052326752.html

so we have Dark MAGA, Ultra MAGA, super MAGA, and now an 'army of the awakened'.

are we gonna get an injustice league, or Cobra Command? Hydra?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Grifters grift. What’s the surprise?

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

After Roe fell, Steve Bannon called for an 'army of the awakened' to 'shatter' Democrats

so we have Dark MAGA, Ultra MAGA, super MAGA, and now an 'army of the awakened'.

All those are needed to fight the "radical left", didn't you hear?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Already have them, the Extreme Court.

Legend
Legend
republicans had the layup. all they had to do was coast to the midterms.

but nope. just couldn't do it. they have officially let the far right and religious crazies take over the party, and they have no way of pushing back.

the GOP seems to be very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Boebert says she is ‘tired’ of separation between church and state: ‘The church is supposed to direct the government’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boebert-says-she-tired-separation-205248681.html

every last republican voter has to own this. yall let the crazies take over, and here we are.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They are saying ALL the silent stuff out loud these days, and we are supposed to accept it as normal. smh.

I think it's telling how they try to cancel EVERYONE not on the same page as the extremists.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/29/22 07:22 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
After Idaho pastor says gay people ‘worthy of death,’ LGBTQ youth meet with faith leaders

https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-pastor-says-gay-people-164041954.html

lol I remember when people were laughing at thought of Islam being the religion of peace.

I was laughing too. Except I was laughing at the Christian’s who somehow thought they were a religion of peace as well.

Both religions spread their messages through hate.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
Categorizing all people w/in any one group as having all the same qualities is bigoted. I thought you of all people would understand that, Swish.

I am not religious at all. Never go to church. However, I can tell you that as a teacher, I have seen the good that many religious people do. I have seen a church pay the rent for a black female member who had 6 kids. I have seen them donate a ton of money to help the underprivileged.

Yes, there are many creepy, ugly religious people. However, many more are good people and lumping all people of a group is wrong.

1 member likes this: FATE
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm just amazed we have such brilliant minds in Congress and elected as President. Watch this direct from AOC's living room....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnw5PbsalM0, dang she's brilliant. NOT, we got crazies on both sides....hopefully, they cancel each other out and little is ruined.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Kinzinger hits back at Boebert’s church and state remarks: ‘We must oppose the Christian Taliban’

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) on Wednesday criticized comments that Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) made on Sunday in which she called for ending the separation of church and state in the United States.

Boebert said in a speech at the Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colo., that she is “tired” of the principle and falsely claimed that the Founding Fathers did not intend to keep religion separate from government.

Kinzinger condemned Boebert’s comments and compared them to the views of the Taliban, the militant Islamic fundamentalist group that rules Afghanistan.

“There is no difference between this and the Taliban. We must oppose the Christian Taliban. I say this as a Christian,” he tweeted.

Boebert argued that the separation of church and state “junk” is not in the Constitution and was only in a letter that “means nothing like they say it does.”

She appeared to be referencing a letter that then-President Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1802 to the Danbury Baptist Church Association in Connecticut. In the letter, Jefferson wrote that the American people had built “a wall of separation between Church and State.”

The constitutional interpretation of separation of church and state comes from the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, which states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.”

The Supreme Court applied this provision also to the states through the 14th Amendment’s Due Process Clause, which prohibits states from passing laws that restrict people’s “life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”

But the court has more recently signaled a willingness to allow religion in public spaces, striking down a law in Maine earlier this month that prevented religious schools from receiving tuition aid from public funds. It also ruled in favor of a high school football coach who was placed on leave for violating the school’s policy against staff encouraging students to engage in prayer.

Boebert argued that the church should direct the government, and not the other way around.

Boebert won the Republican nomination for reelection to her seat on Tuesday, after winning election to the House in 2020 and gaining a reputation as a far-right conservative with hard-line views.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...e-must-oppose-the-christian-taliban/amp/

Wow, if I'm not mistaken, He's a normal republican and he sounds just like me who gets called marxist and extremist by Trump supporters on here. Hmm. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
The religious nut bags are actively trying to take over the country.

When the good Christian’s stop the bad ones from doing this nonsense, then I’ll stop lumping them in.

Just like when people said they’ll stop criticizing Muslims when the good Muslims stop the bad ones.

Til then, Christian’s are trying to impose their values on my life. Nothing you SAY is gonna change the ACTIONS of what we’re all witnessing.

Maybe you should spend more time criticizing those bad Christian’s. But here we are again, more easy to come at swish then the people you claim to be against.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He's also been forced out of politics. I hope not for too long.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Trumpists Call on Supreme Court to Let States ‘Establish Religion Within Their Borders’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trumpists-call-supreme-court-let-212244330.html

It’s been made very clear to anyone paying attention that the religious nuts don’t actually like our constitution.

They want a theocracy, and they can’t have that with the US constitution the way it current exist.

Imagine calling yourself a patriot while hating the very existence of your country.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
He's also been forced out of politics. I hope not for too long.

Like I said in the other thread about Liz Cheney, we need to make sure the good ones are protected and able to help. We need more like them to balance the country when we finally rid ourselves of the Trumpian Maga scourge. We all know, that Trump's time is limited, but his movement and idiocy is going to be with us for a long long time I fear.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trumpists Call on Supreme Court to Let States ‘Establish Religion Within Their Borders’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trumpists-call-supreme-court-let-212244330.html

It’s been made very clear to anyone paying attention that the religious nuts don’t actually like our constitution.

They want a theocracy, and they can’t have that with the US constitution the way it current exist.

Imagine calling yourself a patriot while hating the very existence of your country.

Just call it what it is, Christo-Fascism. And be ready to be ridiculed by those that are cool with it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
When we all sit and watch the extremists in both religion and politics start spreading the use of violence and hate against anyone who is different or believes differently than themselves, it needs to be called out. History has shown what silence on such matters has wrought and how these things spread like a cancer. Much like we're seeing today. We have seen the scourge and calamities that result from such silence and by those that persist in advocating others remain silent. Never let the white noise prevent you from pointing it out.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Their new ball cap.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 07/01/22 10:18 AM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Perfect example of what's happened to Republicans. This would be hilarious if it weren't so GD scary.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
That was a Jordan Peele level terrifying look at American dystopia.
What a weird time to be alive. Watching it as it all burns down under the weight of its own ignorance.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Perfect example of what's happened to Republicans. This would be hilarious if it weren't so GD scary.

Arizona's turn.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Unreal.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.5

Link Copied to Clipboard