Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Looking at the talent on each team, browns should win by 3 td.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Lmao, Baker is going to kick our ass in the opener with a team of scrubs. And whoever said they just wanted the drama over… IT’S JUST BEGINNING. DW is a whole new level of drama.

1 member likes this: Dawg Duty
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Here is one Carolina sports talk show host (Nick Wilson) discussing the impact of Mayfield on the Panthers. Still thinks their OL is trash.

Side note: Nick Wilson is coming back to Cleveland on 92.3 The fan in the afternoon w/ Dustin Fox here in a couple of weeks.

Tackles are tackles.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by DogNDC
Originally Posted by mgh888
Baker will go to Carolina and have to win the job.. BTW.. he will have to beat Darnold who has been in that offense for atleast a year.. so Baker probably wont start either.

I have an enormous wager to make with anyone who wants to bet - assuming both are healthy - that Baker starts week 1 vs the Browns. Darnold is not very good. You might agree with the hatchet job article - but BM is > than SD.

I wouldnt make a huge bet but I would make that bet... not that I think SD > BM but BM is way behind learning the offense and all that comes with that. BM would only have from now to read up, then get into camp and understand the terminology, reads, audibles, protections..etc.. and NOT know his WRs at all. Safe money says SD starts but BM replaces him at some point.

I’ve read reports where Baker has close to a photographic memory. If he gets the playbook as soon as he passes a physical, he will probably k is it better than Darnold before training camp since Darnold has been known to struggle with complicated offenses.

Also, going into camp, Baker actually knows one receiver a lot better than Darnold. Don’t be surprised if there is a little controversy when Hollywood Higgins is having a better preseason than Robbie Anderson.

IF McCaffery is healthy, this Panthers team will surprise in the NFC. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they make the playoffs.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

A couple of comments on some of the recent posts.

--I think Baker beats Darnold out and is the week one starter.

--I don't think Carolina is as bad as some say. Their OL was terrible last year. They brought new guys in, but they are probably still in the bottom third of the league. If healthy, McCaffrey is an elite RB who can also catch the ball. Hubbard is also a quality back. Their WRs are good. Moore has had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. They have a top 10 defense. Last year, poor qb held them back along w/an injury to McCaffrey and a poor OL. Yesterday, Dan Orlovsky was predicting they make the playoffs if Baker plays like he did in 2020.

--I knida feel sorry for the Panthers because I know how bad Baker fans can be and they are about to get a dose of hate they have never seen before.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
In Week 1, the Browns will be paying Baker $589k to try to beat the Browns.

Also, Baker will be paying the Panthers about 200k to play against the Browns.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, mgh888
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Week 1 will be fun.

It would be especially fun if it turns out that Baker and Watson both play in that game..

Probably a little far fetched to think of but what if the NFL decides no suspension for Watson.... just so they can have that contest to draw big/huge numbers...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

--I don't think Carolina is as bad as some say. Their OL was terrible last year. They brought new guys in, but they are probably still in the bottom third of the league. If healthy, McCaffrey is an elite RB who can also catch the ball. Hubbard is also a quality back. Their WRs are good. Moore has had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. They have a top 10 defense. Last year, poor qb held them back along w/an injury to McCaffrey and a poor OL. Yesterday, Dan Orlovsky was predicting they make the playoffs if Baker plays like he did in 2020.

--I knida feel sorry for the Panthers because I know how bad Baker fans can be and they are about to get a dose of hate they have never seen before.

Funny - if Baker plays like a top 5 QB in the NFL for 9 games like he did in 2020 they make the playoffs? You say that like it's an endorsement of the Panthers. But what it is would be Baker playing at a level that would make the DW trade look like a bad choice.

So you are back to lying and for your narrative about Baker you want to paint Carolina as having a good team? Most don't agree with you even if these aren't all "today" they are post draft or later:

ESPN - 28th ranked roster.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...plus-predicting-next-offseason-move-team

SI - 31st
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/11/nfl-power-rankings-after-draft

PFF - 29th
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-ahead-of-the-2023-season

Maybe your suggestion is the addition of Baker makes them a good roster and a contender?

Legend
Legend
Carolina played like chicken-fried-dung last year. After a 5-5 start, they dropped their last eight... and it usually wasn't close.

I suspect Baker will turn that around in a hurry.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
It could happen - as someone who thinks the 'real' Baker is closer to when he played at his best for CLE than when he played at his worst, I think he will surprise many who have been influenced by the negative press - by the OBJ tape - the injured season where some claim the injury didn't impact his performance. Time will tell. But it's funny to see posters with an agenda try to talk up how good the Panthers are. Unless Rhule has a metamorphosis, it's not going to be good. Rhule has been as big a part of the problem in CLT as the team/roster. If McCaffrey stays healthy (he's played 10 games in the last 2 years) it would be a massive boost. I am not sure Baker is good with his execution of throwing to backs in the flat/shallow - so that might be a dynamic that causes some issues as McCaffrey is an elite pass catcher out of the backfield.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/08/22 10:04 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If he comes back strong in 2022 and does not injure himself. I expect him to get a boat load of money in FA...don't know if Panthers will out bid others.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Too late to edit... Carolina lost their last SEVEN, not eight.

And yes, you know the drill, if they win it will be because of their great hidden talent and offseason overhaul.

If they lose, every game they lose, will be all Baker's fault.

At least here at DT, not so much on the Panthers' boards.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P

Yeah, they seem to quickly forget that in Stefanski's first year here bringing in a new system Baker helped lead the Browns to the playoffs. So that "first year in the system" thing is pretty meaningless.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by IrishDawg42
Baker will go to Carolina and have to win the job.. BTW.. he will have to beat Darnold who has been in that offense for atleast a year.. so Baker probably wont start either.

I have an enormous wager to make with anyone who wants to bet - assuming both are healthy - that Baker starts week 1 vs the Browns. Darnold is not very good. You might agree with the hatchet job article - but BM is > than SD.

I wouldnt make a huge bet but I would make that bet... not that I think SD > BM but BM is way behind learning the offense and all that comes with that. BM would only have from now to read up, then get into camp and understand the terminology, reads, audibles, protections..etc.. and NOT know his WRs at all. Safe money says SD starts but BM replaces him at some point.

I’ve read reports where Baker has close to a photographic memory. If he gets the playbook as soon as he passes a physical, he will probably k is it better than Darnold before training camp since Darnold has been known to struggle with complicated offenses.

Also, going into camp, Baker actually knows one receiver a lot better than Darnold. Don’t be surprised if there is a little controversy when Hollywood Higgins is having a better preseason than Robbie Anderson.

IF McCaffery is healthy, this Panthers team will surprise in the NFC. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they make the playoffs.

To me, McCaffery is the key for any Panthers QB. Remember, the Panthers won their first 3 games last year when McCaffery was healthy. So he makes the difference on that team. But SD and BM both need everything to be perfect to perform. If one thing is off, then both of those QBs are average at best.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent

Also, Baker will be paying the Panthers about 200k to play against the Browns.

He won't be paying anyone a dime of he reaches his incentives.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
j/c:

Lol, your post was actually well thought out and comprehensive until that last sentence. What are you talking about? Are you still on your he psychotic theory that some fans don’t like Watson because of Baker? It’s ludicrous. One doesn’t have anything to do with the other for 95% of those that don’t want Watson in Cleveland. Please move on from that so we can all stop fighting. Watson disdain is because of off field issues, not Baker Mayfield.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Here is one Carolina sports talk show host (Nick Wilson) discussing the impact of Mayfield on the Panthers. Still thinks their OL is trash.

Side note: Nick Wilson is coming back to Cleveland on 92.3 The fan in the afternoon w/ Dustin Fox here in a couple of weeks.

Did we listen to the same video? What he said was that in the past Ruhle didn't address the OL but during the past off season he certainly did with not only some new starers but depth as well. Not saying he predicted they would be great but he certainly indicated they would be better and nothing that indicates he "Still thinks their OL is trash."

I certainly don't think they compare to the Browns OL even with those improvements..

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Carolinas oline is similar to the Bengals oline from 2021.
One solid OT and 4 very average guards tackle center
Yet Cincy went to the Super Bowl with a oline that helped surrender
50 sacks on Burrow
But Mayfield isn't Burrow. Burrow can take a hit and still
Have perfect ball placement.
If Mayfield gets pressured he runs into sacks, or sails the ball
Over the targets
Ruhl has his work cut out in trying to keep Baker poised
When everything around is off schedule

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Burrow can take a hit and still Have perfect ball placement count on his WR to bail him out by running under it like they did all season long.

Chase > Burrow.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Chase > Burrow.

I like Burrows a lot. But it is not even close. Chase was and will be uber special.

2nd String
2nd String
Not defending Watson but Hunt was on video punching a woman and I never saw this much hate for him from the fans or the media. I expect it to all blow over once it’s not the middle of summer and the pundits have something else to write about. Somehow domestic abuse is ok? And not as bad as softcore prostitution? I would gamble most of those women know what the deal was and had a real choice. Did Hunts girl get a choice. The NFL is trying to set a precedent here with the new Ex Judge so they want to “ appear” like they care but let’s be honest. Do they really? This whole mess is politics and it is only front page news because Deshaun didn’t settle it early.

Who let the Dawgs out???
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hunt was suspended, apologized, cut by the Chiefs and sought counseling before anyone backed off of him. He also took a huge pay cut to get back on the field.

Often times when one owns up to what they've done, seeks help for it and pays a financial price for it people can move on.

In watson's case we have denial, a financial reward and so far nothing that shows he's seeking help "for this issue". Get back to me when the two are comparable. As of now they're pretty much the polar opposite of each other.

Once again we see victim shaming as an excuse. Sad, just sad....

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: IrishDawg42
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Hunt was suspended, apologized, cut by the Chiefs and sought counseling before anyone backed off of him. He also took a huge pay cut to get back on the field.

Often times when one owns up to what they've done, seeks help for it and pays a financial price for it people can move on.

In watson's case we have denial, a financial reward and so far nothing that shows he's seeking help "for this issue". Get back to me when the two are comparable. As of now they're pretty much the polar opposite of each other.

Once again we see victim shaming as an excuse. Sad, just sad....

And if he done nothing to own up for he should still throw himself on his sword?

You've convicted him with nothing more than 4 current accusations

P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact he paid 20 women off suddenly doesn't count I see.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Do they have open claims against him? Did he admit to wrong doing during the settlements?

P
Legend
Legend
P
He's not admitting any wrong doing on the open cases either. That's how this works. You can't admit wrong doing while you're claiming no wrong doing in court. So is it your claim that all 24 women were lying and he's telling the truth because he hasn't admitted to anything? He paid them off. His attorney claimed the had a mountain of evidence to discredit them all.... right before watson paid them off. So you go with claiming he's some kind of choir boy. That seems to be a popular theme.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No.

I am saying there are 4 open cases, in which he has claimed to do nothing wrong.

There are 20 cases in which he has claimed no wrong doing and the accusers have retracted their claims. You don't know what happened, I don't know what happened. We both know these claims are done, they are nonexistent now. We don't know the terms, but one suspects neither side admitted fault, and neither side has any future claim in this regard. This is how things like this usually get settled. Inferring anything else from the settlement is erroneous.

You no longer have the 24 women are lying drum because 20 of them are out.

I never claimed he was a choir boy, you have tried to inject that into my argument to try and bolster your own. As I have said before, don't speak for me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you don't feel the NFL will take into account that watson faced 24 accusers I think you are mistaken. This isn't a court of law. From what we've been told they heard at least five cases and there are only four remaining lawsuits. So obviously they're hearing more than the four cases. Dismissing their cases based on a settlement agreement is not "retracting their claims". Your semantics don't work.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Is every thread now a Deshaun Watson thread?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If you don't feel the NFL will take into account that watson faced 24 accusers I think you are mistaken. This isn't a court of law. From what we've been told they heard at least five cases and there are only four remaining lawsuits. So obviously they're hearing more than the four cases. Dismissing their cases based on a settlement agreement is not "retracting their claims". Your semantics don't work.

I was not referring to a court of law or the NFL. You stated he needed to show contrition and admit wrong doing. Why would he if did nothing wrong?

Do the accusers that settled still have a claim against him? If not they have been retracted. They are removed. They are nonexistent now. They are void. They are renounced. They are recanted. They are null.

Pick whichever statement makes your feelz all better but the accusations are no more from them, and Watson did not admit to any wrong doing in the settled cases.

You have tried and convicted him in your own reality, and have continued to try and foist that reality on those of us that are waiting to see how it all plays out. You have incessantly beat a drum that he is guilty merely because he is a male and there are a nonnull set of women that accuse him.

2nd String
2nd String
j/c:

Funny - if Baker plays like a top 5 QB in the NFL for 9 games like he did in 2020 they make the playoffs? You say that like it's an endorsement of the Panthers. But what it is would be Baker playing at a level that would make the DW trade look like a bad choice.

So you are back to lying and for your narrative about Baker you want to paint Carolina as having a good team? Most don't agree with you even if these aren't all "today" they are post draft or later:

ESPN - 28th ranked roster.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...plus-predicting-next-offseason-move-team

SI - 31st
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/11/nfl-power-rankings-after-draft

PFF - 29th
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-ahead-of-the-2023-season

Maybe your suggestion is the addition of Baker makes them a good roster and a contender?

Just an observation. All the back and forth bickering on this board really makes y’all look less mature than Baker Mayfield himself. You might want to consider therapy to work out the anger issues. It’s a game. A sport. Nothing that the team does should affect your daily lives. Everyone has an opinion. What’s wrong with showing respect for others? And the end of the day they are getting paid MILLIONS. Even as a backup. No matter what any of us think they’re gonna be alright.

Last edited by Xanthros; 07/08/22 03:32 PM.

Who let the Dawgs out???
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by FrankZ

I was not referring to a court of law or the NFL. You stated he needed to show contrition and admit wrong doing. Why would he if did nothing wrong?

Do the accusers that settled still have a claim against him? If not they have been retracted. They are removed. They are nonexistent now. They are void. They are renounced. They are recanted. They are null.

Pick whichever statement makes your feelz all better but the accusations are no more from them, and Watson did not admit to any wrong doing in the settled cases.

You have tried and convicted him in your own reality, and have continued to try and foist that reality on those of us that are waiting to see how it all plays out. You have incessantly beat a drum that he is guilty merely because he is a male and there are a nonnull set of women that accuse him.

I agree he cannot apologize for something that has a gag order on. He also can’t apologize for open cases, else he automatically loses. Thus, those that have issue with him will have to find other restitution to come to terms with him being the face of the franchise, or move on from being a supporter of the Browns.

As it pertains to his punishment, every case, or woman that either side wants to present as a witness or evidence can be used, including the 20 settled cases. They don’t disappear, there is record of filing and record for dismissal per agreement. They aren’t any of the words you chose above.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
More from the Jason Lloyd article....

The comment ESPN reported that the Browns wanted an “adult in the room” at quarterback is an awful look for the franchise given Watson’s current predicament, but it isn’t entirely untrue.

Mayfield was widely viewed as childish and immature. His behavior annoyed teammates and divided the locker room. He was often difficult to coach.

Clearly a manufactured lie being told by a board member who hates Baker.

Jason Lloyd loves Baker as much as you do. He's written lots about him - never a kind word even when he played well. I believe anyone who reads the Athletic will vouch for that.

Lloyd, in my opinion and I'm sure others' as well that really follow journalists in this town, is by far one of the most honest, balanced, and thorough sports journalists here. His past work on the Cavs and Lebron James was amazing and while the people I trust in journalism these days is close to zero, Lloyd is one I do trust. He can opine about takes I don't agree with as it relates to Cleveland sports news that drops, but I have no question about his intel and hard work regarding the Cleveland sports scene. I won't deny bias doesn't get in the way of anyone's work, but I'm not sure I see that with Lloyd. That said....

....This isn't the first time this has come up regarding Baker and his locker presence or lack thereof. Where there is smoke there is fire. Personally, the 'Baker the person' nonsense from a couple of years ago was hilarious because I do think Baker is, at heart a good guy, but let's not pretend he doesn't have a cockiness and arrogance about him that, depending on a situation, can rub people the wrong way. The problem is that crap doesn't work if you are playing like crap. And Baker was, no matter where one wants to put the blame.

I think Berry and Stefanski would have put up with those episodes of cockiness and the players in the locker room would have let certain antics go if they all thought Baker could take them to the next level and consistently win. They didn't believe that was the case and I don't blame them, especially when they had the opportunity to upgrade with Watson. I think Baker might have hit a plateau in performance and might not have the ceiling some (including me) thought he would. But he could still prove my thinking, and more importantly the people's thinking that traded him, wrong. We'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by IrishDawg42
As it pertains to his punishment, every case, or woman that either side wants to present as a witness or evidence can be used, including the 20 settled cases. They don’t disappear, there is record of filing and record for dismissal per agreement. They aren’t any of the words you chose above.

The NFL will do what the NFL will do. How they weigh settled vs not settled cases as well as the threat of more cases is all part of the secret squirrel plans of the NFl.

I was only referring to the idea that for Watson to move on he MUST apologize for things he, as of now, contends he did not do. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am still in a patient let's see how it all shakes out in the end type of mindset.

1 member likes this: IrishDawg42
M
Legend
Legend
M
You are probably right - but I get fed up of the poster calling me a liar then manipulating chit. I'm fed up of the attempt to control every thread when the convo goes someplace someone doesn't like even when it's organic. I don't like spam posts calling me evil. I don't like the constant and blatant hypocrisy. I don't like how the poster names a few other posters in many, many posts but never responds directly. For a while here every other post was calling someone a liar - so I am very tempting to simply respond in kind when you see the dishonest attempt to insert a fake narrative.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You might be right - and I didn't read Jason when he was covering LeBron. I do know that he's never said good words about Baker even when he was crushing it. Or rather any good words felt like they were spilled grudgingly while also always with a "but" attached to them. No doubt many will agree with your take - I know many definitely agree with my take also.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/08/22 04:15 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
No doubt many will agree with your take - I know many definitely agree with my take also.

And the world keeps spinning.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The Pro Foot Ball HOF had a Fatherhood festival here in Canton and I talked to Christian McCaffrey and he said both his knees feel great and so does he, I would expect him to win comeback player of the year or a Browns player not named Baker!

Legend
Legend
Baker will have 2.2 secs to get the ball out of his hands Week 1. We ALLLL know he can't handle pressure.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Traded to Carolina

Link Copied to Clipboard