Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It's curious to know how the Baker Fan Club fail to criticize Mayfield
Or critique him on his game. They act like Baker is a elite QB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He's 27 years old, tell me you didn't make bone headed decisions at that age. The FO has been around the block more than once, so there is no excuse for taking parting shots like that.

Will someone please provide the quotes of the front office making these "parting shots?" I haven't seen one quote from the FO bashing Baker after he was traded. After the trade, I have seen reporters addressing some of the things that happened while Baker was w/the Browns. That is not the same thing as the FO bashing Baker after the trade. It's just a spin against our FO that some are choosing to believe.

1 member likes this: Steubenvillian
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I stand by everything I said and it's obvious to me that you are once again twisting things to protect Baker. This will be my last comment to you during this exchange.

I twist things? Uh...I just proved ^ who is the twister...and you can't defend your own drivel. I gain nothing by "protecting" Baker...you gain your much-craved, self-created "cred" by bashing Baker and leaving out context.

Of course you won't comment to me further in this regard...because I keep slapping down your weak-sauce critique and misrepresentations of all things Baker...he has visible flaws that most can see...yet you make claims and assertions on things you could not possibly know as true/fact...and twist other things to meet your agenda. It's soooooo old.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There can be a lot of he-said vs she-said on the Baker/Browns issue, but the fact that his trade value was almost zero is the strongest indicator of who he is as a player and teammate. The idea of the Browns having no leverage is ridiculous. What leverage did the Texans have over teams in the Watson situation?

Mayfield is no longer a part of the Browns organization. Just for the clarification of the situation and points you continue to ignore, Mayfield was on PUP for his off-season surgery. Teams were not breaking down the Browns door for Mayfield for two main reasons: 1) Mayfield had a guaranteed contract of 18.9M that until July was a big gamble because there was no verifiable information available about his rehabilitation progress. 2) Because of the injury and the poor timing of the Browns, most teams had already made their decision on their QB needs in 2022. Add into a fact that Mayfield was in the final year of his contract. Any team securing Mayfield was getting him on a 1-year rental because reality says giving him a new deal after an injury filled season with no guarantee that he was even going to be able to play in 2022 is a risk most teams refused to make with Mayfield or any QB in that situation. It is the exact reason why Jimmy G is still sitting in limbo with SFO.

You have acute Baker syndrome and it shows in every one of your posts. You have been on a 4-year crusade to part with Mayfield and you finally received your wish. For a person who claims to be the self anointed expert of football on this forum, you lack the critical ability to consider the player intangibles in any of your posts. The upstanding Browns Fan you claim to be, you cannot take the high road and allow the player to leave with dignity without getting in a few vicious kicks to the dog as you help push him out the door. Yet you worship a player coming to the Browns that did the exact same thing in demanding a trade except Watson left his teammates, team and fans hanging in despair for an entire season. Mayfield, like every other QB in the NFL, definitely has some items he needs to work on to become the QB he has the ability to become but not in your bias eyes. No matter how much you scream victory for the move, your continued bashing along with the FO childish comments after the trade highlights the fact this has nothing to do with Mayfield's play as much as a personal hatred of the person.

So, my friend, keep posting your wildly out of context blasts at the departed Mayfield and keep exhibiting your bias hatred toward the player which more and more Browns fans are recognizing with your every post. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be waiting for your posts defending Watson's actions and if he plays at all in 2022, your preconceived notion that when Watson has a bad game (which he will), the individuals you can blame for making your chosen one look bad on the field. His off the field issues are all his own doing unless you're going to blame that on Mayfield too! I mean after all, if Mayfield was personally responsible for everything that went bad with the Browns in 2021 as you continue to state and single handedly prevented the Browns from winning the Super Bowl in 2021 - he surely had the foresight to project the Watson trade and recruited the women to make false claims against Watson - LOL!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
2 members like this: WSU Willie, mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not going to exchange personal attacks w/you.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am not going to exchange personal attacks w/you.

Please don't, your wildly out of context bias posts of hatred tell the whole story of what we need to know. You've spent the last 6 months of personal attacks on anyone who showed any appreciation of what Mayfield achieved for the Browns while he was here or that have posed serious questions about the maligned character of the player the Browns went out to secure as Mayfield's replacement. Spare us your dribble.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
We’re all about to see who baker is and isn’t as a QB at Carolina. He’s gonna compete with a guy from his same draft class, and is gonna have a full training camp and preseason to win the job.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Ski and Baker did not get along Ski pretty much hated him and recently said so. During the season I pointed out something was going on and it was apparent Ski did not like Baker at all. Baker said something after the trade and evidently it opened Pandora's box for all to start the bashing. Not much class its ironic that the key statement is who is the adult in the room - Well quite frankly I didn't see one at all and that includes our HC and FO. Its time for them to SHUT UP and move on. We fans have to so should they!

It was not a good trade. I still don't know what suspension will come down on Watson. In any case it appears Watson is a dirt bag. I love my Browns and I want us to win but I'm not proud of our decision to pursue Watson with the baggage.

If and when he plays I hope the Browns WIN!

Baker is done here - I liked him, I think he is much better than some have said - I think we were forcing a square peg into a round hole. Baker tried but to no avail not his best look.

jmho - I am not impressed with SKI. We abandoned Play action - why??? And we almost always went left on the boot knowing Baker had a bad left shoulder making it very hard to throw while going left. Especially when we had the most success running to the left. Why not fake that successful run left and boot leg to the right.

Why let a rookie go against Watt with no help - Why. I am not happy with what Ski did last season Baker has taken the brunt of the criticism - why cause of his Ads on TV???

Anyways time to move on if you ask me!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Gettin' that popcorn ready!

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
V
Legend
Legend
V
Ski and Baker did not get along Ski pretty much hated him and recently said so.

I have not seen Stefanski say he hated Baker. And again, I don't believe the Browns have said negative things about Baker after the trade.

B
Legend
Legend
B
It will be pretty much the normal stuff. I would be surprised to see him touch on much about the browns and the situation.

He has a clean slate. I think he will start to put positive comments on the slate.

If he is smart, and I think he can be when he sticks to a script, he will open up on the situation, make his comments, then say that is all he is going to talk about it there and tell the media not to waste their questions on something he has already answered.

The person at the podium has to control the room.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh jeez, cry me a freakin' river.

Is he really saying the team that only agreed to take him on after a whole offseason of back and forth and had him take a pay cut and then have the Browns pay the majority of the rest of his salary, then only hand over a conditional 5th is the team that "wanted him"?

I probably shouldn't make so much out of 1 statement, but that tells me the dude still has a whole heap of growing up to do.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Sorry Baker the market for you was non existing.
The Steelers, Seahawks , Falcons , Colts...all QB needy teams
Went another direction
I think those teams preferred a more mature QB.
Replacing Sam Darnold isn't a huge upgrade
Both are 1st RD QB busts that the Panthers are rolling the dIce
On.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Oh jeez, cry me a freakin' river.

Is he really saying the team that only agreed to take him on after a whole offseason of back and forth and had him take a pay cut and then have the Browns pay the majority of the rest of his salary, then only hand over a conditional 5th is the team that "wanted him"?

I probably shouldn't make so much out of 1 statement, but that tells me the dude still has a whole heap of growing up to do.

No kidding. I still think he has talent but the social media stuff - someone just needs to tell him to stfu and stop any and all posts.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
You do realize that it wasn't him putting it on social media, right? He answered a question posed to him by Panthers.com and spoke off the top of his head. They put it in print and put it online and other reporters focused on taking those snippets.

What's he supposed to do, tell Pathers.com "No comment."??

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: mgh888
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker Pudgeyfield needs to instead makin it known
He circled the opening game just put your energies in learning
The playbook and repeating to the football world you have a chip
On your shoulder

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Baker Pudgeyfield needs to instead makin it known
He circled the opening game just put your energies in learning
The playbook and repeating to the football world you have a chip
On your shoulder

Worst haiku, ever.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: Dave, oobernoober
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Traded to Carolina

Link Copied to Clipboard