Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
August 1st.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Thanks boss.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
this is killing me.

For years, I didn't care how long The Dead Months dragged on. I kind of needed them, to get ready for yet another 5-win season. Besides- those months were Browns Fans' chance to enjoy the real CLE show: the soap opera that constantly churned at 76 Groza. The drama we saw in the FO during the offseason was inversely proportional to the drama we saw on Sundays during regular season. A rudderless garbage scow of a franchise for almost 20 years.

Yeah- offseason wasn't really so bad back then. It was a duller version of 'suckpain' than we enjoyed from Sept through Dec.

I can't freakking stand it.
The waiting is killing me.

New episodes, new news, new ANYTHING!!!!!!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Just came back from my FB feed.

'Building The Browns' will return Aug 1, 2021.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I can understand. For me, I have always had the "itch". I have always had the attitude that yesterday is over. The only thing that counts is today and the days ahead.

Back in the pre net days the only real lifeline to Browns for us out of town dawgs was the Browns News Illustrated. I more or less knew when it was supposed to arrive. When it was more than a few days past my expecting it, I'd sometime accuse my wife of holding it back on me, or more often start cussing the post office thinking someone in sorting was a Browns fan and and stole my periodical! That was the level of my "itch".

It always came, but even today I suspect someone at the post office kept it a few days to read before sending out for delivery. lol

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Back in the pre net days the only real lifeline to Browns for us out of town dawgs was the Browns News Illustrated. I more or less knew when it was supposed to arrive. When it was more than a few days past my expecting it, I'd sometime accuse my wife of holding it back on me, or more often start cussing the post office thinking someone in sorting was a Browns fan and and stole my periodical! That was the level of my "itch".

It always came, but even today I suspect someone at the post office kept it a few days to read before sending out for delivery. lol

I've always believed this to be true, after receiving a late issue with a coffee stain on a Pete Franklin article! smile

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

I've always believed this to be true, after receiving a late issue with a coffee stain on a Pete Franklin article! smile

Huh... I've never heard of that publication. Now I feel like I missed out!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:
Huh... I've never heard of that publication. Now I feel like I missed out!

Like I said, it was pre-net days. The team move was the first major blow to the publication, then the net.

A quick check shows it still exists in some capacity, with Ray Yannuchi as President, and he is the one who published it back in the day. Sales today are listed at around $400,000 per year, so I guess you can still get it somewhere, if it is still doing business in the same manner.

It was great. You would get a copy pretty much weekly during the season, then every couple of months in the off season.

It kept us junkies informed.

Heck, I'd go to Book-A-Million or whatever on Tuesdays...that's when out of town Sunday editions hit. Sometimes it was like Christmas when I found a copy of the Plain Dealer in the stack.

I couldn't get them on a regular basis there. The mgr. said it was a company buy and they got whatever was sent. I thought about a subscription to the Sunday edition, but never did. The PD wanted like $8 a issue for out of town mailings and this was when Sunday edition were maybe 75ยข per issue. Maybe $1.

I think I was giving $5 at the bookstore when I could find it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I vaguely remember seeing Browns News Illustrated as a kid...

P
Legend
Legend
P
I was a subscriber for many years.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I vaguely remember seeing Browns News Illustrated as a kid...

I always subscribed to it, that was one of the few ways we could keep up with the Browns wit no internet no facebook etc...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I can understand. For me, I have always had the "itch". I have always had the attitude that yesterday is over. The only thing that counts is today and the days ahead.

My best friend had a subscription to "The Packer Report." His wife had a sub to "The Redskin Review."

Actual folds of newsprint in our mailboxes.
Dawg- we as are old AF.

rofl

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2021: Back To Work (Ep. 5)

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns, get a look inside the linebacker room as Linebackers Coach Jason Tarver lead them through Organized Team Activities. Jarvis Landry talks about his celebrity softball game where his teammates Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr., Kareem Hunt and more put on a show for Browns fans. Get a behind the scenes look of the throwback jerseys to celebrate the team's 75th year anniversary. Listen to mic'd ups from John Johnson III, Myles Garrett and Jarvis Landry during Mandatory Minicamp. Coach Stefanski talks about what he expects out of his team as they prepare for the 2021 Cleveland Browns Training Camp.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
omg i'm so hyped after that last episode

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend

C
Legend
Legend
C
I like these episodes. I learn basically nothing.

Legend
Legend

It does not matter to me.

I love watching it. I like to see how the players relate to each other.

BTB is a human thing. It gives you a chance to see other parts of football besides the football part.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns, get an inside look at the final few weeks of camp with Malcolm Smith micโ€™d up for preseason game 2 against the New York Giants. Go behind the scenes at practice with Bill Callahan and the offensive line. Get to know Demetric Felton as heโ€™s micโ€™d up for the final preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons. And lastly, training camp comes to an end as the roster is cut down to 53.

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Really like A Walker !

Legend
Legend

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2021: Trust The Process (Ep. 10)

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns, adversity strikes as the team falls on a two game losing streak with a litany of injuries. Opportunities arise for running back D'Ernest Johnson who finds himself in the starting lineup for the first time in his career, and on Thursday Night Football, after both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt suffer injuries. Take a look inside the home of rookie cornerback Greg Newsome II and meet his puppy Bruno, a 6-month old German Shepard. Following the decision to release wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., the Browns head to Cincinnati to face the Bengals and take care of business in a big way, keeping themselves alive in the race for the AFC North.

#gmSTRONG
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Great new episode, love the D Johnson spotlight. Would love this to be an every week show.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: Into The Offseason (Ep. 1)

The Emmy award winning #BuildingTheBrowns series returns for it's eighth season. In this first episode, members of the coaching staff look to develop their coaching skills in the East-West Shrine Bowl held in Las Vegas, Nevada. The East-West Shrine Bowl is a collegiate all-star game that allows NFL coaches the opportunity to broaden their coaching experience, as well as a chance to work with upcoming draft prospects. Jeff Howard, Ashton Grant and Scott Peters were chosen to coach, with only 5 days to prepare the West team. Go inside the locker room, defensive meetings and the sidelines on gameday as Jeff Howard leads the West team defense to victory.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: New Additions (Ep. 2)

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns get an inside look how pass game coordinator/wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea works with the scouting staff to evaluate prospects at the NFL Combine, behind-the-scenes footage of new Browns players, including WR Amari Cooper and QB Deshaun Watson, as they arrive in Cleveland and come to CrossCountry Mortgage Campus and experience what it's like to be a Browns area scout with Zach Ayers as he visits USC's Pro Day.

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
I donโ€™t care much about watching the scouting combine and scout interviews, thatโ€™s mostly fluff. But I enjoy seeing the players interact in the locker room and the stuff with the coaches in the offices.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: The Draft (Ep. 3)
189,375 views Premiered May 8, 2022 This edition of #BuildingTheBrowns features behind-the-scenes footage of players arriving back at CrossCountry Mortgage Campus for the start of offseason workouts, comprehensive coverage of the NFL Draft, scenes of Browns rookies as they arrive in Cleveland and greet their new coaches and teammates, and exclusive interviews with Andrew Berry, Kevin Stefanski, Paul DePodesta, rookie players and more.

Building The Browns 2022: Rookie Minicamp (Ep. 4)
183,037 views Premiered May 22, 2022 This edition of #BuildingTheBrowns features behind-the-scenes footage of players and coaches completing on-field work and meetings during Phase Two of offseason workouts including comprehensive coverage from rookie minicamp, mic'd up segments with Kevin Stefanski, Chris Kiffin, and Joe Woods, a golf lesson with new defensive end Chase Winovich, and exclusive interviews with the rookies, Stefanski, and Director of Player Engagement Ron Brewer as he walks through the Rookie Success Program and more.

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yawn.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: Team Chemistry (Ep. 5)

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns join Johnny Stanton, Myles Garrett and Wyatt Teller on their adventure to save "Clevelandia" as they play Dungeons & Dragons to raise money for charity. Find out who on the team has the best jump shot when Coach Stefanski surprises the players with a trip to the Cleveland Cavaliers training facility. The team learns about the important role the Cleveland Browns played with reintegrating professional sports in 1946 with a visit to The Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Finally, mandatory minicamp comes to an end with quarterback Deshaun Watson mic'd up in the team's final practice before training camp starts.

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Yawn.
According to the 1960's or 70's t.v. show, George Jetson woud have been born today, on July 31, 2022.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Yawn.
According to the 1960's or 70's t.v. show, George Jetson woud have been born today, on July 31, 2022.

And still no flying cars??

WTH??

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Got to love the fun these guys are having.. Myles is just a cool soul ! Good to see people having fun together !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Yawn.
Love that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I watched it yesterday here at the hotel.

Not the best episode by any means, but it is a slow news period.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Agreed. A little too much player fluff and not enough behind the scenes in Berea.
Like you said though, slow season. My guess is the episodes will get better as camp gets rolling.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Itโ€™s the reason I started to dislike Hard Knocks. I personally donโ€™t care about players little interests like playing the guitar, writing poetry, reading โ€ฆ I care most about the behind the scenes stuff with coaches and players.

A 22 minute episode maybe has 2 minutes of that stuff, so it gets tiresome to watch IMO

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: Process and Development (Ep. 10)

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns Jacoby Brissett talks about how important it is to use his platform to give back to the community. The Browns host their rival Cincinnati Bengals on Halloween night. Grant Delpit brings the energy as the defense faces off against Joe Burrow in primetime. Vice President of Player Personnel Process & Development Ken Kovash explains how trades in the NFL happen and how his staff at the Cleveland Browns works together to put the best players on the roster.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2022: Team Wins (Ep. 11)

In this episode of Building The Browns, quarterback Jacoby Brissett is mic'd up for his final scheduled start of the 2022 season against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Hear from Jacoby about what it took to get the win that day and what his experience this year has meant to him. Then, the team welcomes back starting quarterback Deshaun Watson and heads down to Houston to take on the Texans. Follow along with cornerback Greg Newsome II on the mic for the team's unconventional win.

Building The Browns 2022: Reflections (Ep. 12)
In this episode of Building the Browns presented by CrossCountry Mortgage, the 2022 season comes to an end. Follow rookie defensive back D'Anthony Bell on locker cleanout day as he packs up and reflects on his first year in the league.
#buildingthebrowns

#gmSTRONG
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2019 Building the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard