Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1956921 07/16/22 08:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
G
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
Do you guys hate us?

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,624
Likes: 469
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,624
Likes: 469
I hate the fact that you guys just casually went from one HoF QB to another like it's nothing.

Overall, though... not at all.


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 50,187
Likes: 467
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 50,187
Likes: 467
i hate your QB. team is cool, though.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,462
Likes: 520
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,462
Likes: 520
I don't.

In fact I would be a Packers fan if I wasn't a Browns fan. It is because of a number of things. I remember the Lombardi years. I had great respect for those teams.

I love that the team is owned by the fans(in a way). Always liked GB colors. Love that they play outdoors.

I use to be a Farve fan. Not so much anymore.

The Packers have history and have usually been good. Love how the fans love the team.

So I don't hate the Packers why?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Not at all. GB is one of the least hateable teams in the league.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,825
Likes: 67
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,825
Likes: 67
I like the Packers. One of my best friends is a Packer's fan. I always root for them unless they're playing my Browns. The Pack was bad for a lot of years from the early to mid 70's thru most of the 80's. Then they hired Ron Wolf and let him run things. It turned out great. We hired Ron Wolf and didn't listen to him. Butch Davis thought he was smarter. WE could have been a much better team sooner if we let him run things. Well, water under the bridge.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,741
Likes: 75
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,741
Likes: 75
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
Do you guys hate us?

What prompted you to ask that? for me, the answer is no.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
Nope. I never liked Farve and the drama that Rodgers has been bringing the last few years is old, but I absolutely love your fan base, the team's rich history, and the fact that some little town in Wisconsin can support a NFL team.


"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." -----Mexican Proverb
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,218
Likes: 80
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,218
Likes: 80
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
Do you guys hate us?

No, not at all.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I hate the fact that you guys just casually went from one HoF QB to another like it's nothing.

Overall, though... not at all.


Same - I hate that y'all have had a HOF QB for like 30 years.. on the flip, I think it's hilarious that you only have 2 championships out of that.... but as a team and fan base I have no issue with GB... I actually typically pull for GB on the NFC side because the fan base seems to be a great group of blue collar fans...

I went to a game a few years back that was a night game against the Bears in Nov... was awesome! Lots of fun


<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
Nope. Green Bay is a working class town with working class fans. Be sure and let your fans know that as you can see here, some people claim to have a problem with Rodgers while they welcome Watson and his baggage. Go figure.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,066
Likes: 236
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26,066
Likes: 236
Nope


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,880
Likes: 55
T
Legend
Offline
Legend
T
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,880
Likes: 55
Since part of my thinking is stuck in a former decade, where the Packers were consistently about the worst team in the league,
only rivaled in losing by Atlanta, or Tampa Bay, and when the Cardinals were in St. Louis,
19?? to whenever,
that is my view of green bays' fans, and, there even was a commercial for a national product in 1985(ish) that showed packers fans sitting in an ice cold, frozen stadium to cheer their team which never won, not even a 500. percentage,
So Packer fans, Saints fans, Tampa Bay fans, Cardinal fans, and even jets fans to some extent, I never understood why people even became fans of such loser teams that would never win.
The Browns, in 1980? were about the winningest team over the previous 4 decades and had about the best all time record in the regular season.
So! Rooting for the Browns, what could possibly
what could possibly
what could possibly go wrong!

So I still don't understand why anybody is a Packers fan, I feel they must be a bunch of delusional, (perhaps unintelligient) types, or caught up in some hypnosis in mass.

And Ya I think Packer fans in real life having to deal with them are obnoxious, as obnoxious as any other fan group, yet more passionately obnoxious in their false beliefs than some other groups and pretty dumb in their attitude and arrogance.
(the Lameeau, Lambeau, but I misstyped it,... The Lambeau leap? It was created in Cleveland ! The Browns were doing it first.
The Lombardi trophe? Should be the Paul Brown Trophe, because he did more for the game at the start.
Green bays' town and stadium? Ancient, stuck in the ...
well they always show Green bay as a small town, I've not been there, but I think it's not far from Milwaukee. Either way they seem just as bleak as anywhere.


Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have?
The negativity shows you care.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Nope. Green Bay is a working class town with working class fans. Be sure and let your fans know that as you can see here, some people claim to have a problem with Rodgers while they welcome Watson and his baggage. Go figure.

Why are you answering? That was a question for Browns fans. tsktsk


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
4 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Versatile Dog, FL_Dawg
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
Because it appears you don't understand how message boards work. Anyone can respond to an open thread. I did. I hope that helps you to understand. If not, you have deeper issues than I first thought.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Because it appears you don't understand how message boards work. Anyone can respond to an open thread. I did. I hope that helps you to understand. If not, you have deeper issues than I first thought.

So, you replied to "A question for Browns fans" to start crap.....just because you could? Sounds like someone else is the one with issues.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
I stated facts. What has Rodgers done to draw ire from Browns fans? Why is it they make a big deal out of arrogance or childishness and open their arms wide for a man who had to settle 20 lawsuits with 4 still pending for deviate behavior? Only those who have no legitimate answer for that call asking such a legitimate question "starting crap". You know there's no legitimate answer for that. You know that it's only about winning at no cost no matter what someone has done.

But you keep blaming me for that. That seems to be the M.O. here for anyone who acts like this isn't a legitimate question and well worth pointing out. You see, you attacked me for it rather than the point. That speaks volumes.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
I could be wrong, but I don't think the OP was looking for a non-Browns fan's panties in a bunch rant.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 56,328
Likes: 607
Now to try and distract away from the point you claim to know what someone else was looking for and claim those who make legitimate points have their panties in a bunch. If you want to see what someone's panties being in a bunch looks like, read this.....

Quote
So, you replied to "A question for Browns fans" to start crap.....just because you could? Sounds like someone else is the one with issues.

Quote
I could be wrong, but I don't think the OP was looking for a non-Browns fan's panties in a bunch rant.

You do know what a rant is, correct?


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,897
Likes: 516
Touche! rofl


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,188
Likes: 229
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,188
Likes: 229
For the 3 years we didn't have the Browns, I kind of adopted the Packers because they were on national TV so much, and CBS (Summerall & Madden) loved Brett Favre. I always felt there a certain kinship between our two teams, dating back to the 60's because they had the best power sweeps. Loved watching Gene Hickerson and John Wooten get out in front of Jim Brown, and likewise, Jerry Kramer and Fuzzy Thurston out in front of Jimmy Taylor. That was how you played back then.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,241
Likes: 97
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,241
Likes: 97
I used to hate every team unless it was the Browns. Not anymore. Thanks Watson.


"There's a gleam men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam." Marty Schottenheimer

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 29,339
Likes: 472
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 29,339
Likes: 472
I don't hate the team at all. But I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the cheese hats. Tacky af.


Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,054
Likes: 102
L
Legend
Online
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,054
Likes: 102
For the most part, Browns fans reserve their hatred for our division rivals. The a Packers fan base and backstory is cool but I’m tired of them winning a lot.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2020: The Browns take the North.
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,399
Likes: 25
H
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,399
Likes: 25
I don't get using the word HATE, why would anyone HATE a team, even a human being. Dislike, detest...I dislike both Rogers and Favre- but both are superb QBs.


"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,586
Likes: 72
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,586
Likes: 72
Hate, no. …

Respect. Yes.

Envy. Yes.

We are Browns Fans. We have had one playoff victory sine Farve showed up.

Reality sucks. I would have had a more fulfilled life if I was born in Wisconsin.

I would prefer be 50 pounds heavier though.

Enjoy


Belief in conspiracy theories or rainbow unicorns have no chance of coming true.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 36,089
Likes: 424
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 36,089
Likes: 424
I don't hate any team or people.

I may not root for some team, or think some people a dumb ass, but I don't hate them.

I wanted Cincy to win this last Super Bowl.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
This was crazy...



"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." -----Mexican Proverb
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 748
Likes: 43
F
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 748
Likes: 43
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
Do you guys hate us?

What prompted you to ask that? for me, the answer is no.

Same here. What a random question. Plenty of other teams that I have more reason to "hate".

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 61,952
Likes: 222
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 61,952
Likes: 222
When we left for Baltimore, Green Bay was kinda my team (I have some family from that area) and it’s when Favre won the super bowl too. I don’t mind the Pack.


"First down inside the 10. A score here likely puts us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. DPJ is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Hunt are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,536
Likes: 10
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,536
Likes: 10
I hate pittsburgh. I hate cincy. I hate baltimore. GBay doesn't rate my hate.


SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye, #gmstrong
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Likes: 29
A
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
A
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Likes: 29
I have a visceral disgust for the Steelers.

I don't care about the Bengals.

The Ravens are an abomination (in an almost Biblical sense) - should never have been born. Therefore, it's not a matter of "feeling" in regards to them.

As far as the Packers and a couple of other teams, I have respect for their fan bases.

But if isn't the Browns, I guess I just don't care at all.

1 member likes this: FATE
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
I hate pittsburgh. I hate cincy. I hate baltimore. GBay doesn't rate my hate.


I detest Baltimore..... I don't like Pittsburgh but respect their owners... Cincy is an afterthought... they are actually good now, so guess I have to pay attention... but have never really hated or disliked them... maybe pitted them?


<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,060
Likes: 450
Of course, this is simply a personal thing for all of us, but there is only one team that I truly dislike. That team is the Cowboys. I get so sick of hearing about them all the freaking time. Cowboys this. Cowboys that. They have not won squat for decades and they continue to be the top story on dally football shows. Also, their fans are obnoxious as can be.


"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." -----Mexican Proverb
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,619
Likes: 95
I don't like the Cowboys either... their fans are awful.... living in Texas I've had to put up with them thinking they are still God's gift to football like it's the 90s....


<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
G
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
We like you guys. The Christmas Day game you guys had us frightened. We should have lost.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 11,340
Likes: 383
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 11,340
Likes: 383
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
We like you guys. The Christmas Day game you guys had us frightened. We should have lost.
Yes. Interestingly many browns fans gave 100% of the blame to our QB at the time... As a neutral did you feel the same way.?


Time for a new signature
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,624
Likes: 469
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,624
Likes: 469
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
We like you guys. The Christmas Day game you guys had us frightened. We should have lost.
Yes. Interestingly many browns fans gave 100% of the blame to our QB at the time... As a neutral did you feel the same way.?

Here we go....


There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
G
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
We still only won by 2 points and we won the turnover battle 4-0. One less turnover we would have lost. We should have lost. We got away with a pass interference that wasn’t called IMO.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
G
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
We were 20 or 30 yards from losing to you guys in Lambeau.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A question for Brown fans

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5