Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
My concern is that Kinsinger is a lone voice in a howling wind, and that things will continue along our current trajectory.

For as long as I've been alive, there has always been a GOP. I don't recognize it any more.

I agree. I can also say the same about the democratic party. It's almost as if centrifugal force is forcing both parties to the edges.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Tell me that when the dems attempt a violent coup. There is no comparison.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My concern is that Kinsinger is a lone voice in a howling wind, and that things will continue along our current trajectory.

For as long as I've been alive, there has always been a GOP. I don't recognize it any more.

You and me both.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Geez, Matt Gaetz is such an arse.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I agree. I can also say the same about the democratic party. It's almost as if centrifugal force is forcing both parties to the edges.

Democrats are now the communist scourge just like in the days of FDR. Joe McCarthy would be so proud of you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Careful with the purple. Apparently that can drag you into trouble on this forum wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the purple you used was a lighter purple. Wasn't purple enough.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
So can not using it. It's a lose/lose proposition either way. naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Geez, Matt Gaetz is such an arse.

To be fair, any old windbag can drop a single statement like that. You have to have truly elite-level douche-ness to lean into it as hard as he did.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I think the purple you used was a lighter purple. Wasn't purple enough.

I think we need codification of this at the next DT Town Hall meeting when we revise our by-laws.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
As long as neither Kinzinger nor Cheney are involved in the running of the meeting.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: oobernoober, dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like the lighter purple. Easier to read against the dark background

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand why you would. I just understand how many people consider precedence and protocol so important. naughtydevil

Maybe I should have used purple?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steve Bannon Calls On '4,000 Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' The Government 'Brick By Brick'
Mary Papenfuss
Mon, July 25, 2022, 8:12 PM·2 min read

Fresh from a double contempt of Congress conviction linked to his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, Steve Bannon is now calling on “4,000 shock troops” to “deconstruct” the federal government “brick by brick.”

He wants to see people “stepping forward, say[ing], ’Hey, I want to be one of those 4,000 shock troops,” Bannon said on his “War Room” podcast Monday. “This is taking on and defeating and deconstructing the administrative state,” he added.

The incendiary comments evoked his ominous call the day before the U.S. Capitol riot, when he told supporters of then-President Donald Trump on his podcast: “All hell is going to break loose tomorrow. We’re on ... the point of attack ... strap in.”

Bannon was responding to an Axios report last week that Trump and his allies are already plotting to replace all federal officials and civil service workers with those whose key qualification would be slavish devotion to Trump if he retakes the White House in the 2024 election.

Bannon hailed the radical plot for Trump to take control of the nation. Former Trump campaign adviser Steve Cortes vowed on the podcast that Trump’s “next” term would be “far more consequential” than his last one. Both men were clearly familiar with the game plan.

Bannon had also called for “shock troops” to “immediately” seize control of the nation a month before the 2020 election, when he expected Trump to win reelection — or seize control of the vote results. “Pre-trained teams” need to be “ready to jump into federal agencies,” Bannon told NBC News then.

Bloomberg opinion columnist Jonathan Bernstein wrote Monday that “contempt for the rule of law” appeared to be a key qualification for workers in Trump’s future world in office, to fulfill his aim to “blow up the Constitution.”

Bannon was convicted Friday of two counts of contempt of Congress for blowing off a subpoena to provide documents and be interviewed by members of the House select committee about his activities linked to the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol — including plotting with Trump to overthrow presidential election results.

Bannon vowed to “go medieval” on his enemies when he was served with his subpoena last year and said he would make the charges against him the “misdemeanor from hell” for the Biden administration. Instead, he didn’t even take the stand in his defense. The jury determined he was guilty after deliberating less than three hours.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-calls-4-000-001203809.html

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Can Beto flip Texas or will Republicans continue to embrace Abbott's fetish for creating a bastardized version of the Hand Maid's tale in Texas?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/25/22 11:23 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
lol

Leave it to Democrats to believe (again) that a perfect caricature of the beta male is going to be the one to flip a state like Texas.

He did the whole record-breaking fundraising and media darling thing then too. Still couldn't even unseat Ted Cruz.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
lol

Leave it to Democrats to believe (again) that a perfect caricature of the beta male is going to be the one to flip a state like Texas.

He did the whole record-breaking fundraising and media darling thing then too. Still couldn't even unseat Ted Cruz.

?
you mean the alpha couldn't unseat the beta male and his beta male voters. lets remember that Trump trashed this dude's family, and all ted cruz did was lick his boots and got rewarded for it. thats Beta male 101.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
... and Beto couldn't beat him.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
So since Cruz licked trump's boots after he called his wife ugly and claimed his dad was involved in the assassination of JFK, would you also call Cruz Beta? If not why? If so, why did you only call out Beto for it?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

in deep red texas. stop it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester
I like the lighter purple. Easier to read against the dark background

Ah, so you dislike the lighter purple? Lol

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I did think about the appropriateness of using purple and creating a double negative when I was posting that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nope. Double-negative sarcasm has to be in lime green.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: oobernoober, OldColdDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

Yes, that is the original point. Dems thinking Beto is the one to flip seats/governorships in deep-red TX is hilarious.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So since Cruz licked trump's boots after he called his wife ugly and claimed his dad was involved in the assassination of JFK, would you also call Cruz Beta? If not why? If so, why did you only call out Beto for it?

"Beta" is probably the nicest describer I have for Cruz. Beto couldn't even unseat him with all the fundraising and media face time. It's just another example of Democrats somehow/someway not being able to put forward a candidate to unseat what should be a vulnerable Republican.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
On that point I agree with you. Putting a hard core progressive up against a far right candidate in a hard line red district and expect to win is a foolish strategy.

But then on the other hand if you expect to get your agenda passed in the senate adding more Manchin's to the democratic party isn't a good strategy either. I think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Yes, that is the original point. Dems thinking Beto is the one to flip seats/governorships in deep-red TX is hilarious.

I don't think he is going to do anything one way or the other. Go back and read, I asked a question and didn't make a statement of any personal thought. The video just shows a republican switching to dems because the far right is off the rails and I wondered how many of those people there are. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
On that point I agree with you. Putting a hard core progressive up against a far right candidate in a hard line red district and expect to win is a foolish strategy.

But then on the other hand if you expect to get your agenda passed in the senate adding more Manchin's to the democratic party isn't a good strategy either. I think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

True. I was just kinda chuckling in a "here we go again" kinda way.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Chuck Grassley trying to get the base behind his reelection campaign:

FBI, DOJ accused of burying Hunter Biden dirt: Sen. Chuck Grassley

***-Go read his nasty little letter if you want-*** Dudes brain is mush.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/26/fbi-doj-accused-of-downplaying-hunter-biden-dirt/

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

JD Vance wants women to stay in abusive violent marriages. Christian Nationalism...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 08:38 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump out DeSantis in:

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 09:01 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Lauren Boebert’s husband did jail time for "lewd exposure" in a bowling alley. She was there

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/31/la...posure-in-a-bowling-alley-she-was-there/

ahh, that good ole masculinity conservatives love so much. I guess her husband is a fine example of how a real man behaves! he was 24, she was 17, and got banned from the bowling alley.

good god, sup with republicans and republican voters supporting creeps who get banned from public places over something involving minors?

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
It's just insane that GOPers still think they are the "moral majority", as if they ever were. Smh. And this 'both sides fringes are to blame' crap is pure BS. But I'm an extremist ya know... rolleyes

Some days I feel like I'm the only one I know with their eyes open.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 10:57 PM.

Legend
Legend

yep... lost senate race... dropped out of presidential bid... now running for governor... I'm ready for Beto to go away...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Man we called it years ago about how conservatives wanted this country to be a Christian version of the Middle East. I remember the epic crap storms on this board about that.

And surprise surprise, look what’s happening:

War against women: check
War against the LGBT: check
Embrace of white nationalist/supremacist: check
Closest right wingers claiming both sides are at fault: check
Banning books: check
Trying to turn a secular government into a theocracy: check

Anybody who understands what this country is and isn’t knew this was coming.

People on this very board were claiming that us liberals were overreacting.

We have an entire political party openly embracing every bit of that now. So much for overreacting.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

So they should just say screw it huh? Don’t even bother trying? Do you often give up on difficult task? Is this like you clowning AOC for doing her job AND continuing to fight to keep pressure on the issue?

Cause what’s the point, right?

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They ain't ever giving AOC her props bro. lmao. She scares the hell out of them. Their worst nightmare would be President AOC. OMG! The constant racist barrage would be way worse than the Obamas' faced. Racism was mostly in the closet before he was elected.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/26/22 11:34 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
All this forum is anymore is a bunch of hysterical radical left sobbing and throwing tanties. Nobody can take you seriously. Youre like cartoon characters on sponge bob.

No Craps Given
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.5

Link Copied to Clipboard