Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I must have missed it. And I thought I had some new, juicy info (sighs).

3rd and 20...I'm glad you brought it up again...

We seem to be the only board members who picked up on the fact that the NFL had made a proposal that was short of their stated 12 month/indefinite suspension... thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think that the NFL would like me to be the arbiter. Here is the ruling I would give:

I would say to the NFL:
The CBA states clearly that owners would be held to a higher standard. You have 14 days to retroactively punish Mr Kraft and Mr Snyder. Once you do that I will then levy an equivalent punishment on Mr Watson.

Otherwise the 6 game suspension stands with the addition of a $17 million fine - this fine is determined by his 5 yr/$250 million contract divided by 85 regular season games (5 years worth of games) multiplied by the 6 games he is suspended -> it is actually $17 million and change but I rounded down because he would still lose game checks

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Regarding Watson and the Browns... I'm sure they're disappointed, but per the trade they made to get him and the contract they gave him, this wasn't a 1-year all-chips-in-the-middle type of move. This move was made for the next 5,10,15 years in mind. IMO, the FO is of the mindset that they just need to ride this out best they can and it'll just end up being a speed bump in the grand scheme of things. I think they're pragmatic like that.

That said....

I thought about it yesterday, and my opinion is that I hope this whole thing goes nuclear-level ish-show from here on out. I hope everyone starts suing everyone, the Texans somehow get involved again, stuff gets leaked, we gotta go back to the arbitrator multiple times. I'm talking never-before-seen-not-even-by-the-NFL level incompetence and hypocrisy leading to all the drama and outrage imaginable because every person involved has more than earned it at this point (Watson, the Browns with their exhaustive investigation nonsense, the NFL for doubling down on its sham process, the Texans for enabling and then slipping through the cracks, and even Tony "they didn't call enough so I stopped picking up the phone" Buzbee. I hope they all catch fire at some point going forward.

I agree with the scorched earth ish-show exposure. This thing needs to blow up.

I think the FO absolutely did a chips-in-the-middle move...and unnecessarily at that. The replacement QB (now Brissett), the someday-QB's contract and the loss of (3) straight 1st Rd picks (and then some) is the kind of move that can set back an organization for years if it blows up. I hope not. But chips-in-the-middle is exactly how I describe what the FO did. (Disclaimer: I wouldn't not be surprised if it was JH pushing in the chips.)

It was Haslam, 100%. I have no idea how anyone can make a declaration otherwise... especially after Deshaun declined our first offer and Baker was packing his bags. That doesn't mean the rest of the FO didn't want to do it, every time I say this, a select few posters equate it to Berry and Stefanski not being on-board. Not saying that at all. It just means they easily became "yes men" when they realized the insulation and job security of this being Haslam's poker game. Jimmy writes the checks, period. They are not even entertaining the idea of their "four-month-saga-due-diligence" without his approval.

Yes to "scorched earth". I was coming here to type the same words... and wondering the whole time if Roger would even care. He seems like he would just kiss his pinky ring and move on regardless of the ish-show, probably having enjoyed the limelight through the process anyway.

Should be quite a ride.

===================

As to the first part of Oober's post. Not picking on you bud, many have said it, but 5-10-15 looks great on paper. Assuming any QB will be your FQB for 10 years is a bit of a stretch in this league. Just look squarely at the long list of young QBs that lost that criteria simply due to injury. A lot of factors play into that being true and is far from a given.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Hammer
M
Legend
Legend
M
My punishment would be to make him play all games in 2022 with nothing but a small towel over his junk and a helmet on top.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Jester, Rishuz
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's fair, my point was more general that the move to bring Watson in here wasn't just for the next 1-2 years, and I think the trade and contract bear that out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
We disagree - that's okay right?

It's simple - I think having Baker and 3 first round picks (and other draft picks) and $1/4 Billion is a better than all the negative press, the uncertainty, the taint, having a convicted (by the NFL) sexual predator as the face of the franchise, and having a once elite QB be the tarter who may not have played a snap in the NFL for nearly 2 1/2 years before he plays a single own for the Browns. . . . I know you judge Baker in the harshest light, I don't. And even if it was Jake Delhomme, Josh McCown or Kelly Holcomb versus this trade for Watson ... I'd say it was a bad trade for the same reasons. Again - it's an opinion that differs from yours which is fine. It will be interesting to see how BM does for a bad team in CLT. Maybe you're 100% right to think he's trash - maybe he will play like his last 9 games of 2020 and the uninjured portion of 2021 and you will have to re-evaluate. The nice thing is we will see that part of the discussion play out.

I don't think I've ever been adverse to a disagreement. I don't think my response indicated that I was.

I state my opinions very aggressively, but I don't care if people agree with me or not. I also enjoy making fun of people who get all emotional about my opinions. But I don't care if someone has a difference of opinion. I don't think I've ever attacked anyone personally because of it unless I've just reached the end of my rope with ignorance. Go back to all the Baker stuff last year. I was just giving my opinion on Baker and all the Baker fans got very angry at me. Made it personal. But I don't think I ever made it personal back. If I did, it's just a message board. At the end of the day, who cares.

I think two things are being overplayed with Watson. Time missed and lost draft picks. I don't think either will end up mattering.

I also don't think we would have gone anywhere with Baker. And this may surprise you, but I'm pulling for him somewhat this year. I would like to see him perform well and resurrect his career. I don't think he's long for the league because of maturity and work ethic issues, but a change of scenery could be just what the doctor ordered. I don't think those things would have been able to be corrected here. It's just like a bad relationship that the only option is to move on from.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by GMdawg
We also have Judge Robinson’s 15 page documents where we can read her conclusion why she thinks that Watson is a lier who show no signs of remorse. When a former judge with so many years of experience witnessing all sorts of different human characters gives that assessment then every sane person should pay attention.

Oh sure pay attention to her if your sane, and at the same time ignore her decision. notallthere notallthere notallthere

I hope I’m modern and not ignorant and stupid but when I view Watson I see him as a NFL QB, not a black NFL QB. When I judge the owners I see wealthy almost untouchable owners, not wealthy white owners. I understand those of you that for historical reasons see this differently and feel strongly about the hypocrisy and injustice but from a perspective as a white privileged Scandinavian man I can intellectually understand what you’re saying but I probably don’t have the same emotional disappointment and anger.

That’s on me so you have every right to criticize my ignorance if you think I’m miss your point.

Legend
Legend
I know brah, you were just setting the franchise mindset, and you're entirely correct. Launched from your post mainly to talk about your other points, but after reading from many others, day after day, "we'll have an elite FQB for 10 years +"... just wanted to throw in my two cents, since that seems to be some safety net for justifying the enormous shift of assets and it is anything but fact.

R
Legend
Legend
R
What would derail it? Injury? What else? I guess I'm not following the line of thought. Short of banishment or injury, why wouldn't we be set at QB for 10 years?

There's a chance he's not as good as people think he is (I'm somewhat in that camp), but he'd have to fall pretty low for the Browns to even consider moving on from him. He could always hate it here and request a trade. I don't know ... those seem far fetched at this stage.

Weird take, especially since you could apply the same logic to Baker had he been extended.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah, the 15 years part was probably a bit too far. He's pretty young, though. I just looked and he's had some injuries (not sure if some of those were from college or not), but 2 tears and a sprain for the knees is not gonna be a + for the longevity column.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Speaking strictly for myself. I am deflated and disappointed.

I needed to know what Robinson had to say. I respect her background. It was revealing. I never wanted to get ahead of the process that was established.

Robinson brought clarity to DW's behavior. No matter what words are used to define what took place. He was wrong. Not violent as in used forced. But wrong from every moral angle. The only exception was the consensual cases.

Robinson was right in her ruling. She was right because she used the framework provided her. Within that framework her ruling was correct.

The baked in appeal process IMO is nonsense. There should be no appeal process to either side. It completely negates the role of Robinson. However, that was what was agreed upon by both parties in the collective bargaining agreement.

The "NFL" and their approach to be a judicial system in their own right is a complete farce. Ross, Kraft, Jones, Snyder, Haslam, and others will never police their own actions. Goodell has puppet strings attached to his mouth.

At his point I don't really care what is decided. It makes no difference. I never felt justice was a goal.

As a fan sure it has impact in wins and loses. But if you don't win it all you lose at some point.

I hope the Browns win games with whoever plays quarterback. I am a Browns fan first. Players come and go. Not all are good guys. I will like the players I like. Watson will have to show contrition and earn respect by actions that demonstrate morals and respect for others. Until then he is uniform with a number to me.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's impossible to be 100% factual when making a prediction, but I think saying that it was a terrible trade because a guy misses a year or close to it is a far more bizarre statement than one saying we will have a franchise qb for a decade or so.

But, it's Dawg Talkers...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
There are 50 states in this nation. The NFL nor 30 of their teams are located in Texas. Texas law has no bearing on this situation. How can you give a definition on a law before knowing you will be holding a hearing concerning such a law? Should the NFL sit down and write the definition of every law that may or may not come up at any point in the future? Your seeing need to place the blame on everyone but the guilty party here seems very odd. Not unusual by any leans, but odd.

So are you saying that the NFL should have expected that one of their players should or would be guilty of sexual assault and prepared for that in advance?

Then why does the NFL have more than one rule? "Don't do anything we don't like" really is all they need in your view. Laws and rules are defined, that's what makes them laws and rules. Without defining it is arbitrary and capricious. If you don't know where the line is, how do you know you won't cross it?

This is not a novel or new concept. Do you not have laws in TN that provide boundaries on what is legal or not?

Which has zero to do with anything once again. So you think that the NFL can think up every crazy scenario there is and predict the future? You seem to conveniently forget or purposefully omit that this is nothing more than a contract between employees and employers. Both sides agreed to and signed this contract between the NFL and the NFLPA. Your contention seems to be that we should now not expect the players to live up to the very contract they signed because you know, "not fair" If you would like to make some kind of credible point here, please show where other corporations spell out every detail of conduct their employees can receive punishment for in terms of their conduct. Much like the NFL other corporations take each case individually and act accordingly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
This is all a done deal at this point. It’s been a farce from the start.

I’m not saying Watson is innocent … heck maybe he deserves a severe sentence … but the idea that this was ever going to be a fair process is idiotic

Claiming a six game suspension was fair to any of his victims is what I find to be laughable. Anyone who reads Sue Robinson's report and doesn't think a suspension of far more than six games is called for is looking at this through Browns goggles.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Buzbee lie? Never!

I can't verify if this is the same "woman with a son" story -- if it is, Buzbee interviewed the woman and did not accept her as a client. That story had legs a while ago and was put to bed. It seems to me that it's the same story being rehashed to throw mud in the water - but I can't verify. And to be fair - you and some others aren't really interested in the truth just so long as you can throw shade at Buzbee and deflect from Watson.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/...ent-accuser-who-had-son-undermine-claims

As I predicted, since they can't uphold watson they'll attack Buzzbee..... again. They somehow that's a way to make watson's victims less credible. As you posted, that story has already been debunked. But anything they can cling to at this point to throw shade on the other side, they will.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R

I’m not saying Watson is innocent … heck maybe he deserves a severe sentence … but the idea that this was ever going to be a fair process is idiotic

Claiming a six game suspension was fair to any of his victims is what I find to be laughable. Anyone who reads Sue Robinson's report and doesn't think a suspension of far more than six games is called for is looking at this through Browns goggles.

So what's a fair punishment?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Lol! I'm starting to love Buzbee. Dude cries crocodile tears about how nobody was calling and after he gets paid says he wasn't taking the NFL'S calls.

Dude probably got paid so much he doesn't have to give a flip for years.

So now even you have decided to believe everything planted in the Twitterverse that supports what you want to believe? Sad, just sad.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

I'm going to stick to the question asked...minimum of 10 games and 10 million dollar fine.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Jester
I don't think that the NFL would like me to be the arbiter. Here is the ruling I would give:

I would say to the NFL:
The CBA states clearly that owners would be held to a higher standard. You have 14 days to retroactively punish Mr Kraft and Mr Snyder. Once you do that I will then levy an equivalent punishment on Mr Watson.

Otherwise the 6 game suspension stands with the addition of a $17 million fine - this fine is determined by his 5 yr/$250 million contract divided by 85 regular season games (5 years worth of games) multiplied by the 6 games he is suspended -> it is actually $17 million and change but I rounded down because he would still lose game checks

I'd be behind that 100% !

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
It's been a witch hunt from the beginning.

The media is so comical. The outrage is hilarious. And not a fist in the air about Snyder and the WFT.

The mob mentality is insane. And scary.

Yes, it has nothing to do with justice for multiple victims. Even after seeing all of the things Robinson found in her report, you still act like watson is the victim. Shameful.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
He's being punished. What more do you want? Tarred and feathered? Public stoning? Firing squad!?

What is a fair punishment?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
My punishment would be to make him play all games in 2022 with nothing but a small towel over his junk and a helmet on top.

Would the towel color match that week's pants color or jersey color?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I asked a question earlier and still have not gotten answer from anyone. But what exactly is watson accused of doing?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by GMdawg
We also have Judge Robinson’s 15 page documents where we can read her conclusion why she thinks that Watson is a lier who show no signs of remorse. When a former judge with so many years of experience witnessing all sorts of different human characters gives that assessment then every sane person should pay attention.

Oh sure pay attention to her if your sane, and at the same time ignore her decision. notallthere notallthere notallthere

She felt her decision was based on constraints of previous cases. That seems to be the only reason for it only being six games. Reading her report, based on that only, do you really think six games is the proper punishment? Let's recap.....

Sexual assault, predatory, liar, no remorse, endangering his victims, egregious......

You know better.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Jester

I asked a question earlier and still have not gotten answer from anyone. But what exactly is watson accused of doing?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ault-explained/s6wzqeubsd7s12b9h4aq6bqqz

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/05/22 12:25 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep. And one side is expressing their opinions and the other side continues to shout down and belittle the other side for stating opinions.

Pot meet kettle.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

Fair punishment would have been zero games w/perhaps a fine. The same amount of games that Kraft, Snyder, and Jones received for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

Having said that, I was okay w/Judge Robinson's decision. I think she tried to act fairly. The problem occured when the NFL caved in to the angry mob and chose to simply ignore a female former Federal Judge on her very first case.

I wonder if she will resign from her position as the Disciplinary Officer? The NFL is totally disrespecting her decision. But, she is a woman and they probably don't think females are qualified to make decisions and the important stuff needs to be handled by men.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Which has zero to do with anything once again. So you think that the NFL can think up every crazy scenario there is and predict the future? You seem to conveniently forget or purposefully omit that this is nothing more than a contract between employees and employers. Both sides agreed to and signed this contract between the NFL and the NFLPA. Your contention seems to be that we should now not expect the players to live up to the very contract they signed because you know, "not fair" If you would like to make some kind of credible point here, please show where other corporations spell out every detail of conduct their employees can receive punishment for in terms of their conduct. Much like the NFL other corporations take each case individually and act accordingly.

Thank you for your meaningless attempt to fight. You have said nothing in your response other than you need to fight.

Have a good day.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think she was in bed with the NFL from the very beginning and not only welcomed the appeal but cued it up for the NFL.

1. She told them a month ago what the outcome would be allowing them to get a head start on preparing the appeal. I think also this had Watson's team let their guard down somewhat. I bet they are scrambling.
2. She wrote the ruling in a way to support an appeal by the NFL.
3. I think the only reason she didn't give him more games was due to her belief that her ruling had to be bound by past punishments, but she wanted to give more.

It was basically a sham. I agree that the NFL should have accepted it, but I don't think that Robinson cares. I thought she would before the ruling came out, but I think she's on the side of the NFL.

If I were the NFLPA, I would be pretty livid, but this is what they agreed to. They're idiots. It's their own fault.

Legend
Legend
What would derail it? Injury? What else? I guess I'm not following the line of thought. Short of banishment or injury, why wouldn't we be set at QB for 10 years?

There's a chance he's not as good as people think he is (I'm somewhat in that camp), but he'd have to fall pretty low for the Browns to even consider moving on from him. He could always hate it here and request a trade. I don't know ... those seem far fetched at this stage.

Weird take, especially since you could apply the same logic to Baker had he been extended.

Saying it is not a FACT that Watson will be our FQB for the next 10-15 years is a weird take? That's an instant classic. wink

He may not be that great.
He may get injured.
He may be a serial predator.
He may get butthurt with the organization like he did at his last job.
He may go to a higher bidder since we may qualify for "cap hell" by the time that next contract comes up.

Got any morsel of information that says it's a FACT that he will be here 10+ years? Also, while you're digging, show me some that 34-35-36-37-38 year old Deshaun Watson will still be an elite QB? That's where we start the second contract.

O
Legend
Legend
O
It's been a witch hunt from the beginning.

The media is so comical. The outrage is hilarious. And not a fist in the air about Snyder and the WFT.

The mob mentality is insane. And scary.

Yes, it has nothing to do with justice for multiple victims. Even after seeing all of the things Robinson found in her report, you still act like watson is the victim. Shameful.

Not sure if this was your intention, but I'd be careful putting the word 'justice' too close to the NFL in this situation. You and I both know the NFL has no more interest in justice than Watson, and if justice is done in this case it's only due to coincidence. Robinson said that too in her report. Watson is definitely not the victim, and probably does deserve more/different than what precedent has set. What that is is up for debate. All I know is I don't trust the NFL with their conduct policy any more than I do Watson in a room with a massage therapist.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro

Sorry for hijacking your question but this question is very good.

IMHO I think there’re two important things that heavily works against Watson getting a totally fair punishment for his actions.

1. His unwillingness to accept guilt and accountability.
2. That the Browns gave him a monster contract with so much guaranteed money.

I’m 100% sure that if he had immediately accept accountability, asap made settlements with a as many women as possible and accept some sort of guilt then the public opinion had been totally different.

I’m also 100% sure that the $230m contract, they way the Browns constructed the conditions made things 100 times worse and only worked as fuel to the fire.

Without these two factors then I think the public opinion (and probably me) would easily had accepted a 8-12 games suspension. Give and take. With the current circumstances 6 games seems to be unfairly and maybe 12 games and a hefty fine is the floor for the broad majority to accept without going bananas.

Maybe I’m totally unsynchronized with the rest but I think that a small portion of the punishment is also a slap on the wrist against the Browns FO. Wherever I read and listen people don’t exactly have a favorable opinion about our current leadership/owners, to put it mildly.

1 member likes this: Clown Hunter
R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree it's not a fact. It's just a weird stance to take. All of the reasons you listed except for the sexual predator one would be applicable if we had traded for Watson and his only baggage was he didn't want to play for the Texans anymore. Are you saying you wouldn't have made the trade because it's not a fact that he will be the franchise QB for the next 10 to 15 years even under that scenario?

You could apply that logic to any player...drafted or traded for. You could apply it to Baker had we extended him.

Why are those reasons specific to Watson?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think she was in bed with the NFL from the very beginning and not only welcomed the appeal but cued it up for the NFL.

1. She told them a month ago what the outcome would be allowing them to get a head start on preparing the appeal. I think also this had Watson's team let their guard down somewhat. I bet they are scrambling.
2. She wrote the ruling in a way to support an appeal by the NFL.
3. I think the only reason she didn't give him more games was due to her belief that her ruling had to be bound by past punishments, but she wanted to give more.

It was basically a sham. I agree that the NFL should have accepted it, but I don't think that Robinson cares. I thought she would before the ruling came out, but I think she's on the side of the NFL.

If I were the NFLPA, I would be pretty livid, but this is what they agreed to. They're idiots. It's their own fault.

1. She told both sides a month ago. I think this lends credence to the theory of her trying to get them to come to a settlement.
2. This has been argued both ways. Part of her report was detailing how the conduct policy is a joke and a sham, and the NFL practically took that as marching orders.
3. I think she did want to give more but within the bounds of the process/contract, she could not. This is the weird part for me. If your designated officer says this is what the process allows you to do, and your response is to toss out her decision and put it in the hands of the guy who helped write and construct the old policy that this one was supposed to fix... then yes, it's absolutely a sham.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's being punished. What more do you want? Tarred and feathered? Public stoning? Firing squad!?

What is a fair punishment?

Something that actually addresses what was found to be true. Sexual assault, endangering his victims, predatory, lying the entire time, no remorse and egregious conduct.

I'm not trying to say how severe the punishment should be but it's easy for anyone to see that six games is woefully insufficient. So is the very low amount of money he would lose out of a 230 million dollar contract. If anything would constitute a sham this would be it.

Maybe if people would try putting what these women endured at the hands of watson over their fandom for just a minute that wouldn't be hard for them to see.

Instead, they attack the NFL, the victims lawyers and any other straw they can grasp at. Hell, for the longest time they blamed the victims as being liars, pretty much prostitutes and just about any other ugly thing you can imagine. Now they're acting like a basic slap on the wrist should be considered a fair punishment. They're acting like the very process that the NFLPA agreed to is a witch hunt and not fair. There are even people acting as if this is some kind of vendetta against the Browns. All in an effort to try and shift the focus away from watson's behavior to blame everyone other than watson and the Browns brass for being idiots and a sexual predator that put them in the very position they're in now.

Their contention seems to be that the NFL got it wrong for so long that justifies continuing to get it wrong. That because players were punished well below what they should have been in the past, the NFL should continue that pattern. They act like increasing penalties in such cases to reflect the actual damage done to the victims is a terrible thing. People throughout our nation's history have fought against it when our society has made changes to accurately reflect and represent people whom have been wronged in the past. In this case it's women being victimized by sexual abuse in sports.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is just an opinion, but I don't think the Judge was "in bed" w/the NFL. I think she listened to the evidence that both sides gave to her, which was circumstantial. I don't think she made a "legal" ruling, but a ruling on whether or not Watson violated the conditions of the Personal Conduct Policy. She then used precedence to help set the number of games. I think she was fair in what she was given.

People confusing this w/an actual legal trial confound me.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll say one thing, I'm kinda surprised Robinson's judgement didn't include therapy requirement. She went as far as to restrict his massage therapy practices from here on out, but didn't not address his behavior. I find that kinda weird. I would think therapy would be kind of a no-brainer.

I was also surprised she didn't include a monetary fine, but IIRC she addressed that as well in her report.

Maybe I don't speak for everyone, but pointing out how the NFL is a joke in this situation is not a defense of Watson. The way I see it, there are separate, if parallel, conversations going on regarding Watson (what he did and what he deserves) and the NFL and its handling of its own personal conduct policy. The funny thing for me is that the Watson conversation is kinda done now. Robinson put in her report the closest thing to the unvarnished truth that we're going to get, and I accept that. What's now unfolding is the NFL's sham process that, when you really look at it, is no different that what it was before. Now it just takes longer and involves more people and drama.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Be it by coincidence or any other method, the punishment should reflect the egregious, sexually predatory conduct of the assailant upon these victims. I'm not as concerned about the methodology, the motive or the players involved in the process as I am the situation being given the full weight of a punishment that's deserved.

I mean let me point out yet one more thing here. Hardin, Watson's attorney claimed watson was innocent. That they would fight every case in court. Now those are proven to be lies without any controversy involved. Yet you never hear a word about him being a liar. Yet when it comes to Buzzbee they try and use every rumor and report from second hand sources as being factual to attack him.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I could be wrong, but it just feels that way to me.

Regardless, the hope that it would end with her decision didn't happen, and the real ones paying the price are Browns fans.

Bring on another wasted year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Thank you for your meaningless attempt to fight. You have said nothing in your response other than you need to fight.

Have a good day.

Well I guess when that's all you have left in the tank......

Are you related to Vers?

#gmstrong
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum watson-suspended-6-games 2

Link Copied to Clipboard