V
That's fair.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Well, this is a fun twist. I truly didn't believe the NFL would appeal.
Grab some popcorn folks, this is good theater

Frankly, I just wish it would conclude one way or the other.

Yes.

V
Legend
Legend
V
May I ask you another question. Are you positive that Watson is guilty?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
The NFL has Watson by the balls. He should have brought a bigger towel.

Were you cool w/the white boy Farve sending pictures of his junk w/no towel to another woman?

No.

Tons of things have also changed since Favre’s dong shots in 2010. Literally the entire culture has turned against people like Favre and Watson.

And Favre, Kraft, Snyder, or any other individual that may have "got off" - doesn't excuse Watson and it does not mean a suitable suspension/penalty isn't wholly justified.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
And Favre did sent illicit photos of himself to a Jets employee. No problem, I guess.

Ben was accused twice of rape, NFL gave him a wrist-slap. But now that the nfl is more ‘sensitive’, they’re going after Deshaun hard. Why appoint the judge, but appeal her ruling?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M

I mentioned the other day - someone was crowing for weeks about everyone accepting Sue Robinson's judgement. That was Vers.

Now the judgement is out and it is unequivocal - and Vers wants to ignore or debate the findings and ruling. Ey Ey Ey. No wonder he has so many people on ignore.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/03/22 07:53 PM.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Of at least one case or all of them?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mgh888

I mentioned the other day - someone was crowing for weeks about everyone accepting Sue Robinson's judgement. That was Vers.

Now the judgement is out and it is unequivocal - and Vers wants to ignore or debate it. Ey Ey Ey. No wonder he has so many people on ignore.

And her judgment was that Watson was super guilty and lacked remorse. Just that the NFL sucks and she couldn’t suspend him more.

1 member likes this: mgh888
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by lampdogg
And Favre did sent illicit photos of himself to a Jets employee. No problem, I guess.

Ben was accused twice of rape, NFL gave him a wrist-slap. But now that the nfl is more ‘sensitive’, they’re going after Deshaun hard. Why appoint the judge, but appeal her ruling?

They appointed the judge so that when there was a ruling they liked but the public didn’t they could point to her and say, “It wasn’t us.”

V
Legend
Legend
V
Really folks..............am I the only one that sees that white dudes and especially owners are treated differently than black players and coaches?

How many black owners are there?

What is the percentage of of black players in the NFL? I think it's 70% to 75%.

What is the percentage of black head coaches?

Do black coaches get crappier jobs than white coaches?

Do white coaches who have been fired get more opportunities than blacks who have been fired?

Do white coaches who come out of nowhere get more HC opportunities than black coaches?

Do white owners get away w/violating the Personal Conduct Policy more than black players?

Do white players get away w/violating the Personal Conduct Policy more than black players?

Does the NFL cater more to public opinion than factual evidence? If so, is public opinion driven by whites or blacks?

M
Legend
Legend
M
And her judgment was that Watson was super guilty and lacked remorse. Just that the NFL sucks and she couldn’t suspend him more.

And out of everyone that has an opinion on this - Sue Robinson is the one that has seen and heard all the evidence. Right? And she is a retired, respected Judge with an impeccable record. Right? That was repeated a few times by said poster ... but now the ruling is in, suddenly the soundness of her decisions is to be questioned and undermined.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Really folks..............am I the only one that sees that white dudes and especially owners are treated differently than black players and coaches?

How many black owners are there?

What is the percentage of of black players in the NFL? I think it's 70% to 75%.

What is the percentage of black head coaches?

Do black coaches get crappier jobs than white coaches?

Do white coaches who have been fired get more opportunities than blacks who have been fired?

Do white coaches who come out of nowhere get more HC opportunities than black coaches?

Do white owners get away w/violating the Personal Conduct Policy more than black players?

Do white players get away w/violating the Personal Conduct Policy more than black players?

Does the NFL cater more to public opinion than factual evidence? If so, is public opinion driven by whites or blacks?

Find me a white dude in any capacity within the NFL with 26 allegations of Sexual Assault/Misconduct levied against them and I'll compare it to how Watson is being treated. To be fair and balanced - we need that White Guy to have been accused of these things since the #metoo movement was a thing.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/03/22 08:03 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Of at least one case or all of them?

That could be a great discussion. I don't want to make it public because I hate assigning guilt either way. You probably are not interested, but if you are, PM me and I have a theory about what you are asking. It isn't an answer......it is just a theory. Unlike some folks who use words like predator, rapey, sexual deviant, etc........I won't resort to that in a public forum.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Woke

V
Legend
Legend
V

Now the judgement is out and it is unequivocal - and Vers wants to ignore or debate it. Ey Ey Ey. No wonder he has so many people on ignore.

Also, her judgement determined that Watson receive a 6 game suspension. Yet, some Browns fans [sic] say that he deserves much more. So, why won't they listen to her recommendations?

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/03/22 08:06 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Didn't think so. Carry on.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Lolz.

So if Cleveland was playing Houston in weeks 6 or 8, the NFL would have been fine with a suspension until then? Geez.....what a clown show, if true.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
I don’t like being right in this case but I felt strongly the NFL would appeal the 6 game ruling. And like I said, I’m not a conspiracy guy but going light with the original ruling very conveniently allows the NFL to swoop in and be the good guy. PR chess.

I’m still of the feeling that a negotiated settlement is likely. Something in the neighborhood of of 8-12 games and several million dollars. We’ll see. He’ll play this year but the season may slip away. If Brissett managed 5-5 or even 6-4 there’s no guarantee that Deshawn isn’t rusty when he gets back.

Sue Robinson is in bed with NFL.
Originally Posted by Dave
I hope black America unites and screams for justice. Big Ben gets 4 games for rape charges. The NFL wants an indefinite suspension for the black dude for allegations that are far below rape. The white owners get off, but the black qb does not. Being born into wealth provides protection and privilege. Working your way up due to hard work and your talents if you are black doesn't afford you a damn thing other than we can knock you down because you don't belong.

This is pandering and race hustling at its worst.

It's only pandering and race hustling because you don't like the opinion, do not like Watson, and was/are a Baker fan. It's no coincidence that the the most vocal anti Watson guys are big Baker fans. That is not a coincidence.

Well you guys got what you wished for. I hope another non-playoff season is enjoyable for you.

Me, personally, I only care about watching winning football and am unapologetic about it. With Watson we had a good chance of watching winning football. Without him we won't make the playoffs. That is not enjoyable to me. We will also have wasted another year of Myles, Chubbs, and Bitonios primes. So we jeopardize further seasons of winning football. I cannot think of anything less enjoyable than watching continuous losing over and over and over again season after season after season. I don't care if the players are nice, mean, personable, bad people, good people, etc. Don't care. Just frigging win.

If you're telling me that you can't enjoy a winning season if Watson is your QB, I respect that decision. But i am not in that camp. I will still tune in and watch every Sunday and hope like hell they win. Now, I am debating on canceling Sunday ticket. Or maybe I'll adopt the Raiders.

2 members like this: Ballpeen, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Extremely well said.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Delete post

M
Legend
Legend
M
This was all pretty predictable. Did anyone really think Goodell was going to let the opportunity to insert himself into this situation pass him by? Especially when things didn’t go the way he wanted?

My initial reaction after Robinson's ruling was that the NFL would not appeal. Oops! <cringe face emoji>

The Browns never cease to amaze me how they can not only step in a pile chit, but somehow manage to fall face first in it and flop around. They had to understand that how this is playing out was always a possibility.

What a mess and it's always the fans that are left holding the bag.

2 members like this: Dawg Citizen, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: DaveyD, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Now, I am debating on canceling Sunday ticket.

I have had the same thoughts. I freaking love football. i watch college and NFL football on two huge TVs every time they are on. I record games and break down what i see. Love it. But, I used to love watching MLB and they turned me off w/the BS about not opening their books, the steroid hysteria, and the labor negotiations. I loved the NBA, but the the social and political BS along w/dudes like Kyrie, Simmons, Leonard, Hardin,etc not playing drove me away.

Again, I am not sure about this because I love football so much...............but what the NFL is doing to Watson has me very upset because they are letting worse offenders off the hook while punishing a black man. I'm not good w/that. At all. I am not making any proclamations right now because I am emotional, but if the NFL doesn't care about Browns fans............than I am not sure i want to view their product.

I absolutely love collegiate football. I wonder if that will be enough to curb my football appetite?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC Tretters way of saying "ya all should have handed me a contract !!!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Just a point of clarification to address my nit-noid OCD:

"Guilty" - Criminal Court of Law
"Liable" - Civil Court of Law

So now I'm a nit-noid? WTH?

jk, I knew what you meant.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Here we go.

Great. So they hire a female Federal Judge to rule on whether or not Watson violated the Personal Conduct Policy and are appealing the very first decision she made. What a load of crap. I hope Watson's representatives sue them and trash them in court while exposing many of their dirty, dark secrets.

Well crap. I hate to agree but I do. I think he should have a longer suspension, yes, but she was very clear she played by their rules in this. I'm all for making an example of RDW because he's a predator, plain and simple. But I don't think they can really do much more because of how they handled crap in the past. RDW may actually get fewer suspended games if this drags out to final arbitration. Judge Robinson did a very good job articulating the "why's" in her ruling, I don't see how this appeal helps the NFL's image, IMO. They are making a kangaroo court out of this by seeking more, IMO.

Before I get flamed, remember my stance on the whole thing. And I hope like hell this doesn't result in the guard rails she put in place being reversed or undone. The browns put themselves here and have to deal with RDW for at least 5 years, so he needs that short leash IMO.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Rishuz
If I were Watson I'd retire.

And Clowney would like a do over.

Sure, except he would be walking away from $230 mil... Somehow, I don't think even the stupidest person on earth does that to prove a point. As long as there are no criminal charges, he can sit as long as they punish him and just wait for that Brinks truck to show up.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think this thing is going to federal court now- wonder how long it will take to get done? Watson will play while it works its way through the court system- NFL chose to air their laundry in court- we will see if they end up liking their choice. Watson has lots of money he can pay lawyers/ NFL has more, but they sure have open a HUGE can of worms. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Utterly ridiculous… nfl hires an impartial arbitrator to rule… but doesn’t like their ruling… so they appeal.. to themselves…. It’s the dumbest thing

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I dont like that info about the NFL wanting to have Watson avoid playing in Houston … so they’ll conveniently make his suspension 12 games? So now all of a sudden suspensions are decided by the schedule makers in April? Lol so dumb

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
The NFL has Watson by the balls. He should have brought a bigger towel.

Were you cool w/the white boy Farve sending pictures of his junk w/no towel to another woman?

I don't have an opinion on that, but I would like to point out that what is and is not acceptable social behavior is always evolving. Sexting was a big thing for a while, look at the trouble it brought Anthony Weiner. Were as what used to be termed as a "rub and tug", like all massage parlors were just houses of ill repute has evolved into an accepted medical therapy, while both versions still seem to exist.

Also, even though the race card might be appropriate under what you are pointing out, I don't think it would be in RDWs best interests to use it. He should just take whatever they serve up for him and bide his time. He literally has 230 million reasons to shut up right now.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I'd like to answer this one and I'm not trying to offend or argue with you. Watson should have stuck to his guns, no matter the cost to defend his innocence, as he claimed. This is when he lost any support I was trying to muster for him. Without more info on the explicit details of each occurrence from both RDW and the women, I don't think anyone can 100% conclusively decide he's guilty or innocent. But the number of women claiming the same type of situations done him in. His denial and lack of remorse looked good until he started making big payments, at that point his denial and lack of remorse morphed into the sinister lies of a predator. Psychopaths do not feel remorse and can not always tell what is right or wrong, socially acceptable, etc. HIS OWN ACTIONS painted him like that IMO. That's why I went full-on NOPE in regards to him. I say let him pay the price. I was ready to accept 6 games the way the judge explains it. I will accept whatever he gets here too. But in order to move forward, I feel he needed to pay a price and that he needed to be heavily scrutinized to insure it doesn't continue. Predators, true predators, will always do it again, or find the next level to escalate to. RDW will have an opportunity to return to the game and somewhat redeem his name if he can just stay within the guardrails from that point forward. But at this point, I don't think you could find many who would look at what we know and determine he's innocent from the jump, especially after that scathing report from the judge. He did what he did, he's paying the price, let it play out. But my advice to him would be to shut up and take whatever they give him, live with it, and come back and prove he can be a decent human. FWIW IMHO.

1 member likes this: Clown Hunter
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Lolz.

So if Cleveland was playing Houston in weeks 6 or 8, the NFL would have been fine with a suspension until then? Geez.....what a clown show, if true.

Glass half full: If Watson is suspended 12 games or more he doesn't accrue a full season.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Also, her judgement determined that Watson receive a 6 game suspension. Yet, some Browns fans [sic] say that he deserves much more. So, why won't they listen to her recommendations?

Vers, if you really want an answer to your question - read on. Judge Robinson without a doubt left no stone unturned in confirming that Watson violated the PCP, lied repeatedly, was a predator, sexually abused those women according to NFL guidelines, shows zero remorse, and paid restitution (not to be confused with settlements). She also stated that the NFL without a doubt proved that Watson did these things without question.

Now Judge Robinson also said that Watson deserves a lengthy suspension but in trying to follow the vague guidelines and applying past practice she could only suspend Watson for 3 games but added 3 games due to aggravated circumstances. Now to your point, the NFL has not been making decisions on these type of violations as they probably should have. The public, team owners, NFLPA, NFL and players demanded the CBA be adjusted to correct these issues. Through contract negotiation, the NFLPA and the NFL came up with a program that was or is supposed to address that issue going forward. The key word here is going forward. In the first case to be decided by the new process is a case that is so egregious the NFL or NFLPA has never witnessed such a violation by a player. Judge Robinson's ruling was based on past practice when in actuality was the exact reason why she was placed in the position to prevent that from happening.

If the new CBA is going to work as negotiated by both sides, the NFL cannot allow Watson (the first case) to be treated as business as usual. You may not like it, but the fact still remains, the NFLPA and the NFL agreed to the process where either side has the ability to appeal the arbitrators ruling to which Goodell or his designee will make the final binding ruling on the case. If the NFLPA decides to sue in Federal Court about the final binding ruling, it most likely will be immediately thrown out because the NFLPA negotiated the process with the NFL. Think about it, what are they going to say - we don't like the contract we negotiated?

I've read your numerous posts complaining over and over again about owners not being penalized and/or players getting light suspensions. If the NFLPA agreed to the new process to address these types of mistakes in discipline, how in the hell can they be crying foul when a player that has been deemed a predator, one who lies constantly, sexually abused women (24 plus and counting) and shows no remorse to be handed the same type of discipline that they just went through negotiations to stop. In the latest poll, over 75% of respondents said Judge Robinson's suspension was inadequate.

Look, I get that your only focus is on the Browns getting to a Super Bowl. Maybe the Browns should have either did a better investigation into Watson since it appears he lied to them also or the Browns are as guilty as Watson because they are enabling him when they knew he was lying and have risked the good name of the franchise on a man that abused 24 plus women to win games.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
2 members like this: mgh888, Floquinho
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't see how Watson beats any of this in court. The CBA pretty clearly spells out the process for appeals. No judge is going to basically veto a collectively bargained agreement. Like Milk Man has said this is on the union for agreeing to such a provision.

At this point Watson should just settle for the fewest games or least amount of money possible (whichever he cares about more) and move on.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Woke

Obviously this was a joke.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by steve0255
Maybe the Browns should have either did a better investigation into Watson since it appears he lied to them also or the Browns are as guilty as Watson because they are enabling him when they knew he was lying and have risked the good name of the franchise on a man that abused 24 plus women to win games.

Both.

The Browns investigation was surface level. They literally could have just hired Jenny Vrentas and accomplished more than what they did. The Browns also didn't care what Watson did. They are betting that once passes start flying into the endzone people will forget/forgive Watson for anything he might have done/did.

2 members like this: mgh888, Floquinho
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Woke

Obviously this was a joke.

LOL...The problem today is that Woke and Jokes are like oil and vinegar.

You can't tell jokes anymore.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
If it is roll all season with Jacoby - so be it.

I watched 1-31. I remember think Cody Kessler? It can not get worse.

DW has earned the punishment that will be handed out no matter what it is.

I don't like that the "NFL" is appealing the ruling of a federal judge. They may as well just go back to the way it was before. I was suspicious of the process from the beginning. There should be no appeal from either side period. Why have a judge who was put there as an arbitrator? It makes her ruling meaningless.

Oh well I will get behind Jocoby and hope for the best.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum watson-suspended-6-games 2

Link Copied to Clipboard