Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1960883 08/05/22 01:25 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Other thread is 11 pages and still rollin....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
A ruling will take place next week .. then I’m sure the lawsuit will be filed by the end of the week … and then who knows how long

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Sham means a thing that is not as it is reported to be. Bogus or false. To falsely present something as the truth.

The contractual agreement is clear. It has not been falsely reported. The NFL has the right to handle this appeal exactly the way they are. Nothing involved in this process meets the definition of a sham.

I'm almost envious of how willfully ignorant you are (have to be) in order to actually say this with what I assume is a straight face. Being able to so overly simplify on one hand while still somehow understanding why it's how hard it is to prosecute/convict sex assault cases after the grand juries failed to indict lends itself perfectly to never-ending internet arguments.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Goodell better hope he don't play himself. it would be hilarious if Watson ends up getting a reduced suspension.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand that when everything I said is factually correct you had to come at me on a personal level. It's not a common practice with you but when your back is against the wall, what else is left? Am I right?

And envy will get you nowhere. naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Swish
Goodell better hope he don't play himself. it would be hilarious if Watson ends up getting a reduced suspension.

Don't worry Swish. Goodell didn't overplay his hand. I mean of course I'm just going by what Ooober referred too. According to him.....

NFLPA is run by morons. We knew this already.

That's how they ended up with the contract that allows the NFL to contest judge Robinson's ruling in the first place.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
To the couple of comments on the last locked thread about the Browns having a FQB for 10-15 years? .... I think it's more likely hell freezes over. The chances of Watson playing here beyond his current contract? Maybe 60-40? The chances of Watson playing here 10 years? I think it's more likely he heads off someplace else, warm and sunny and without the taint of his media hell introduction to CLE. jmo. Check back with me in 2033 and we can settle this.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Excellent post

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, it could happen. A black man is judging a black QB- you can't tell me black sexual experience historically and currently isn't different than Caucasian society. Watson says he did nothing wrong- we'll get to see if the whole picture is thought out and considered. Plus, maybe Mr. Harvey holds the owners of the NFL more accountable by giving DW a lighter sentence.....time will tell.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Massage therapists to hold national convention in Cleveland, as Deshaun Watson’s suspension case plays out

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022...n-watsons-suspension-case-plays-out.html

P.S. Oh no? lol

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, it could happen. A black man is judging a black QB- you can't tell me black sexual experience historically and currently isn't different than Caucasian society. Watson says he did nothing wrong- we'll get to see if the whole picture is thought out and considered. Plus, maybe Mr. Harvey holds the owners of the NFL more accountable by giving DW a lighter sentence.....time will tell.

Or Goodell told him the path where he'd like to see this go?

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Stefanski is in a tough position, especially w/Berry, Haslam, and Watson not speaking to the media since the NFL appealed Judge Robinson's ruling.

Kevin Stefanski acknowledges ‘we have to get Deshaun (Watson) ready to play’: Quick hits
Updated: Aug. 05, 2022, 3:11 p.m.|Published: Aug. 05, 2022, 2:27 p.m.

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio — Kevin Stefanski admitted there’s a method to his madness for giving Deshaun Watson most of the first-team reps through the first seven days of Browns training camp.

In addition to establishing him as the leader of the team, he knows the reality of the situation: with so much uncertainty surrounding Watson’s suspension, anything is still possible, including him playing early on in the season while a potential legal battle ensues.

“We’ll let that play out, but we’ve got to get Deshaun ready to play,’’ Stefanski said before Day 8 of Browns training camp. “He hasn’t played football in a year. We’ve got to get Jacoby (Brissett) ready to play. He’s potentially going to be playing early for us and starting and we’re going to be counting on him.

“Same thing for (Josh) Dobbs and and (Josh) Rosen. Those guys have to be ready to play. So I just look at it as we’re going to use every opportunity we have out here, individual drill, post-practice, during practice, we’ve got to get all these guys ready to play.’’

The NFL has appealed Watson’s six-game suspension by NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue L. Robinson, and is seeking a minimum year-long suspension, as well as an appropriate fine and treatment.

The NFLPA will respond to the appeal by the end of the day Friday, but the union is poised to sue in federal court if it doesn’t like the outcome. If the union secures an injunction, Watson could end up on the field earlier than expected this season, possibly even in the opener in Carolina depending on what the courts say.

“I think all of these scenarios you have to be ready for,’’ Stefanski said. “Again, like we’ve talked about all along, I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about various scenarios. Just deal with what’s in front of us.”

As for whether or not he feels confident with Brissett starting most or all of the season, he said, “I’m not going to go too far into the future and what’s coming. I’ve tried, and I’ve asked the players to do this, so I’m going to try to do the same. I’m going to take a one-day-at-a-time approach and focus on the day and focus on what we have in front of us, which is practice. All those conversations are probably for another time.”

Sports betting comes to Ohio on Jan. 1, 2023: Your questions answered
Still, he hopes the fans remain excited about the 2022 season regardless of the length of Watson’s suspension.

“Like we’ve mentioned, we’re excited for this season as a team,’’ he said. “The guys are very excited about 2022. You mentioned the fans, we’ve definitely felt the energy from these fans. In terms of specifics past that, I don’t know it’s that time yet. But yeah, I think the guys are excited about the work they’ve put in so far and they’re certainly looking forward to competing come September.”

Stefanski hinted he might play Watson some in the preseason game next Friday night in Jacksonville.

“These preseason games will be an opportunity to play when it’s a game setting and the defense can come after you and you’re truly in a game,’’ he said. “I think that that’ll really be more when you get closer to getting reps than say at practice.’’

It’s not the first time Stefanski has had to get a quarterback ready to replace a starter for most or all of the season. In 2017, as quarterback coach of the Vikings, he helped guide Case Keenum to an 11-3 record and the NFC championship game in place of an injured Sam Bradford.

“I definitely use my experiences in the past to help inform me now,’' he said. “And that was also a unique situation. So I definitely lean on some of those experiences. I had other experiences. Think about when (Brett) Favre came in to the Vikings late the process, when Sam Bradford got to the Vikings, a late trade after Teddy (Bridgewater’s) unfortunate injury.

“A lot of the coaches here that have spent a lot of time in this league have seen a bunch of different things when it comes to guys becoming available and then getting them ready to play and having an offseason to get a guy ready to play.’'

He noted that there are plenty of reps to go around for Watson, Brissett and the two Joshes, and that he’ll make the most of all of them.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...aun-watson-ready-to-play-quick-hits.html

V
Legend
Legend
V
hitt, Harvey was part of the group that decided to not to allow evidence into the E. Elliot hearing and barred the lead investigator to attend his hearing. There was text records and phone conversations from Elliot's accuser that contained conversations on how she was trying to blackmail him.

I don't think this particular black man will be on Watson's side at all. There are reasons Goodell chose him.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vers, thanks for the link in the last thread to what watson is being accused of doing. Here it is for anyone interested in reading it.
I am still digging my way through it (long article) but what I have read so far pales in comparison to what roethlisberger was accused of doing.
I realize that it is a different would than when ben did his things so the punishment may be more severe.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ault-explained/s6wzqeubsd7s12b9h4aq6bqqz

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
V
Legend
Legend
V
You're welcome.

Legend
Legend
Don't hold your breath. I think he was the one who heard Zekes case.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2nd String
2nd String
I understand that when everything I said is factually correct you had to come at me on a personal level. It's not a common practice with you but when your back is against the wall, what else is left? Am I right?

All I see is your one sided tunnel vision in a situation you are guessing what the facts actually are. Unless you’re telling me Deshaun invited you to sit In on the actual sessions. As with all arguments my money is on the probability that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Is he guilty of something. My opinion is yes but I can’t sit here and tell you what. Also the fact that 23 of the 24 civil lawsuits settled out of court also points to the probability that a chunk of the accusers were in it for the compensation. Does that make the Court of public opinion anything more than opinions?

The real story IMO is the NFL setting up a third party to ignore when they don’t fall in line. This is beyond even Goodell. This is a pure power play by the owners which should have everyone including fans players and coaches on watch. With nothing to do with racism or Watsons skin color this is Rich White Privilege at its best

Who let the Dawgs out???
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Or Goodell told him the path where he'd like to see this go?

Exactly. It'll be 12 games minimum. Harvey's only job is to craft the language around the length and terms of the suspension that Goodell told him to issue.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think things will move pretty quickly from here.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Starting to pick up Jacoby Brissett late in best ball drafts. smile

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 08/05/22 05:31 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
If this is of interest the lawyer comes into the discussion about mid way.

He explains where this is and how it will most likely proceed.

C
Legend
Legend
C

I picked him up in my superflex dynasty league weeks ago.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15

I picked him up in my superflex dynasty league weeks ago.

I've also been drafting Watson late too, especially after the NFL appeal. Let's say he starts late in the season....he'll be a QB to couple with Amari Cooper ,DPJ or even Hunt if the Browns are in the playoff mix. Best ball is one of those leagues where you need to try to anticipate teams that will be in the hunt at the end of the season (if you play in some their tournament set-ups) since you can't manipulate your roster. Cleveland could be one of them.

I guess my comment was to hedge with Brissett at times.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I'm going to take a page out of your book here. You are not factually correct because it's 'purported', not 'reported'. Sham is a thing that is not as it is purported to be. So no, you're not factually correct per Pit argument logic. Checkmate :-p

More to the point, though... this new conduct policy/process was put in place for the sole purpose to take power out of Goodell's hands. Previously, Goodell was judge, jury, and executioner, and that was seen as a big problem. This new process was supposed to take a large part of that decision-making power out of his hands and give it to a neutral party, thereby allowing for the possibility of it becoming a fair and legit process. As we now see, that's not the case because the NFL has 0 issue with appealing the decision if it doesn't get its way, and that process goes right back into Rog's hands.

TLDR: new process was supposed to be more legit because it would no longer be subject to Goodell's whim... which is clearly still the case... therefore sham.

Sarcasm, though....

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Jester
Vers, thanks for the link in the last thread to what watson is being accused of doing. Here it is for anyone interested in reading it.
I am still digging my way through it (long article) but what I have read so far pales in comparison to what roethlisberger was accused of doing.
I realize that it is a different would than when ben did his things so the punishment may be more severe.

Let me get this straight, Ben was officially suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell who handed down the punishment of a six-game suspension a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March. Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct and sexual assault (3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him) that has resulted in the settlement of 53 civil claims associated with Watson's predatory nature and egregious behavior. One case has been temporarily withdrawn to protect the woman's identity and one is still an active civil suit. Ten women have also filed police complaints against Watson; eight of those 10 women are among the plaintiffs who have filed civil lawsuits. Two Grand Jury's did not bring an indictment against Watson yet only had testimony from one woman in the second GJ review. No live testimony was presented in the first.

I'm dumbfounded as to how reading that article pales in comparison to what Roethlisberger was accused of doing. Ben had one accuser of which he settled while Watson has had 53 civil suits settled associated with his actions with 1 still unsettled and 1 that still could still be refiled that we are aware of to date. If you are making that reference due to the alleged crime of rape by Roethlisberger, I suggest you look up Texas law as to the crime of sexual assault where nonconsensual oral sex is classified the same as rape under sexual assault. That said, Watsons has 3 alleged cases compared to Ben's one plus 50 additional cases of alleged sexual misconduct with his name attached.

Just an FYI
Texas crime of Sexual Assault is defined in Texas Penal Code Section 22.011(a). Subsection (a)(1) of the Sexual Assault Law deals with sexual assault of adults, where the primary issue is “consent.”
The current Texas Sexual Assault law is as follows:1

(a) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person intentionally or knowingly:

(A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person’s consent.

(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person’s consent; or

(C) causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person’s consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Clown Hunter
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't believe this for 1 second.

"3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him"

If that were true - he would have been brought up on criminal charges. That is rape, pure and simple. I believe those women are lying out of their arse, if that is their claim.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Actually, he was accused of rape twice. The college girl was 2010. In 2009 he was accused of rape as well

Ben Roethlisberger, Quarterback, Twice Accused of Sexual Assault
Broadly Staff
By Broadly Staff
December 8, 2015, 11:00am

Ben Roethlisberger has been publicly accused of sexual assault twice—once in 2009 and once in 2010.

In July 2009, Andrea McNulty filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger and eight employees of the Harrah's hotel in Lake Tahoe, NV. The suit alleged that Roethlisberger had raped McNulty in his room at the hotel in July 2008; the suit also alleged that the eight employees had aided in covering up the assault. At the time of the alleged assault, McNulty was an employee of Harrah's, where Roethlisberger was staying, and according to her complaint, Roethlisberger asked her to come to his room to fix his television. After she entered his room, she alleged, he grabbed her, held her against her will, pushed her on the bed, and raped her. According to her complaint, McNulty "communicated her objection and lack of consent" and "begged 'Please don't.'" After the attack, according to the complaint, McNulty struggled with depression and entered a mental health institution.

Both Roethlisberger and Harrah's denied the allegations. In August 2009, a former coworker of McNulty's claimed in an affidavit that McNulty had bragged about sleeping with Roethlisberger after their encounter. In September 2009, McNulty's lawyer offered to drop the suit if Roethlisberger would admit that he had assaulted McNulty, donate $100,000 to a Reno charity for abused women, and write a letter of apology; Roethlisberger's lawyer called the offer "bizarre" and rejected it. The case was settled out of court in January 2012. After the civil complaint was filed, the NFL took no action.

In March 2010, an anonymous college student alleged that Roethlisberger raped her in a bathroom stall in the back of a nightclub in Milledgeville, GA. According to her police statement, she met Roethlisberger at a bar; after Roethlisberger bought shots for the alleged victim and her friends, his bodyguard led her into a back room, which Roethlisberger entered "with his penis out of his pants." She writes in the police report that she told him to stop and attempted to leave through the first door she saw, which was a bathroom. She says that Roethlisberger followed her in, shut the door behind him, raped her, and left. Three of her friends gave statements to the Milledgeville Police Department that supported the accuser's story.

In a letter asking the district attorney not to prosecute, the alleged victim's lawyer emphasized that the she was not recanting her accusation but rather was afraid that the trial would be "a very intrusive personal experience" due to the "extraordinary media attention" it would receive.

On April 12, 2010, the Baldwin County district attorney held a press conference to announce that he would not pursue criminal charges against Roethlisberger, saying, "[H]ad [the accuser] not written and taken that position, the victim, her family, and her lawyers, that they did not want us to prosecute the matter at all—and they made it crystal clear in the letter—an honest answer is I would still be announcing the same result. We, based on the evidence here, don't have enough evidence to prosecute."

A week later, Roethlisberger was suspended for six games for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. The suspension was later reduced to four games. The Pittsburgh Steelers went to the Super Bowl that season, in 2011. (They lost to the Green Bay Packers.)

Following the second rape accusation, Roethlisberger lost his endorsement deal with PLB Sports, the company that makes Big Ben's Beef Jerky, for violating the morals clause in his contract. He retained his deal with Nike. In May 2015, Roethlisberger signed a record-breaking four-year contract worth $87.4 million with the Steelers. In June 2015, Forbes named him the 11th-highest-paid athlete in the world.

Roethlisberger did not return Broadly's request for comment.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bmw...rterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault

V
Legend
Legend
V
Also, I still don't know what Texas Law has to do w/the Personal Conduct Policy?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It only takes a minute to research that fact and 2 of them are detailed in the report you can read here - they both clearly state that they were forced without their consent. You can have your opinion that they are lying but it doesn't change the fact they alleged he did it.

Lawsuit 3

Lawsuits 20 and 21

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by steve0255
Originally Posted by Jester

Let me get this straight, Ben was officially suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell who handed down the punishment of a six-game suspension a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March. Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct and sexual assault (3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him) that has resulted in the settlement of 53 civil claims associated with Watson's predatory nature and egregious behavior. One case has been temporarily withdrawn to protect the woman's identity and one is still an active civil suit. Ten women have also filed police complaints against Watson; eight of those 10 women are among the plaintiffs who have filed civil lawsuits. Two Grand Jury's did not bring an indictment against Watson yet only had testimony from one woman in the second GJ review. No live testimony was presented in the first.

I'm dumbfounded as to how reading that article pales in comparison to what Roethlisberger was accused of doing. Ben had one accuser of which he settled while Watson has had 53 civil suits settled associated with his actions with 1 still unsettled and 1 that still could still be refiled that we are aware of to date. If you are making that reference due to the alleged crime of rape by Roethlisberger, I suggest you look up Texas law as to the crime of sexual assault where nonconsensual oral sex is classified the same as rape under sexual assault. That said, Watsons has 3 alleged cases compared to Ben's one plus 50 additional cases of alleged sexual misconduct with his name attached.

Just an FYI
Texas crime of Sexual Assault is defined in Texas Penal Code Section 22.011(a). Subsection (a)(1) of the Sexual Assault Law deals with sexual assault of adults, where the primary issue is “consent.”
The current Texas Sexual Assault law is as follows:1

(a) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person intentionally or knowingly:

(A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person’s consent.

(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person’s consent; or

(C) causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person’s consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or

Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Also, I still don't know what Texas Law has to do w/the Personal Conduct Policy?

Read the posts Vers, if you're going to state that "I am still digging my way through it (long article) but what I have read so far pales in comparison to what roethlisberger was accused of doing." Then you are stating as to what he did to violate the PCP. If you're going to hang your hat on the alleged rape allegation against Ben, then it stands to reason that Watson's alleged violations need to be considered also. The NFL only addressed one such instance against Ben while we know that 3 women have accused Watson of forced nonconsensual oral sex which carry's the same weight as rape in the state of Texas. Then you need to add in all the other alleged sexual misconducts and there's a hell of a lot of difference between the two cases. Watson is a serial predator and no matter how many excuses you make up for him the NFL investigation proved that and the violation of 3 PCP standards according to Judge Robinson. That cannot be disputed according to the CBA.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, your Texas sex assault- DW did NONE of those things- NFL has gotten itself in quicksand- it is now judging individual moral conduct in private....with no violence involved....they are being intrusive and unfair. Next, are gay players going to be charged for their none normal sexual activity....wonder if there are any other sexual things the NFL outlaws- voyeurism- how were the Cowboys punished?

Fairness- NFL didn't make players aware of how they could be punished for NON-violent "misconduct", AND where is the list of misconduct.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by steve0255
[quote=Jester]

Steeler's fans are pissed that Ben got so much for so little and Watson gets the same for so much more.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JMHO, your Texas sex assault- DW did NONE of those things- NFL has gotten itself in quicksand- it is now judging individual moral conduct in private....with no violence involved....they are being intrusive and unfair. Next, are gay players going to be charged for their none normal sexual activity....wonder if there are any other sexual things the NFL outlaws- voyeurism- how were the Cowboys punished?

Fairness- NFL didn't make players aware of how they could be punished for NON-violent "misconduct", AND where is the list of misconduct.

How do you know DW didn't do any of those things? Where is your evidence that Watson didn't do it? Are you saying he didn't have oral sex with the 3 women? I mean, Watson has said he did have oral sex with them but it was consensual. The women say it wasn't consensual. You have your right to believe Watson if you want but it's just an opinion - not a fact. I also can have my opinion but what is a fact is according to Texas Law, whether you like it or not, "(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person’s consent" is sexual abuse and is exactly what the women are alleging Watson did to them. It is also the reason why at least 3 of the civil suits were for sexual abuse, sexual misconduct, and sexual harassment instead of just sexual misconduct and sexual harassment.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ian Rapoport Sets Record Straight On Deshaun Watson's Status For Week 1
Chris Rosvoglou - 5h ago

The NFL has announced that it'll appeal Deshaun Watson's six-game suspension. According to multiple reports, the league is pushing for a harsher punishment.

While on The Pat McAfee Show this Friday, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport provided some clarity on Watson's suspension.

Rapoport revealed that Watson will miss the first six games of the season, regardless of how this appeal process plays out.

"This is not like the Ezekiel Elliot thing where he was contesting the suspension in general and he played several games," Rapoport said. "The NFLPA and Deshaun Watson aren't contesting the six-game suspension. So either way, even if this goes to federal court, he'll be out - almost certainly - the first six games."

Rapoport did say things could get complicated once those first six games are over. Of course, that's if the NFL's appeal process is ongoing.

On Thursday, it was revealed that former NJ Attorney General Peter C. Harvey is going to be Roger Goodell's designee to hear the appeal.

Though there's so much uncertainty surrounding Watson's situation, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk reported that the Cleveland Browns plan on using their star quarterback during the preseason.

When the regular season finally arrives, Jacoby Brissett will slide into the starting lineup. He'll try to hold down the fort while Watson serves his suspension.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you meant to address that to me not Vers

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't really care about what steelers fans thought of big ben's punishment.
Steelers fans are some of the most biased fans I have ever met. UNC fans are a close 2nd.

Did ben do what he was accused of doing?
I think probably so.

Did watson do what he was accused of doing?
I think probably so

Do we know for sure about either ? No
Do we have the same amount of proof for both? Yes

I am not arguing that watson didn't do anything wrong.
It has been suggested that what watson did was the worst sexual misconduct by an NFL player ever
I just personally feel that forcibly raping a woman is worse that what watson was accused of doing.
JMO

B
Legend
Legend
B
Forced oral sex. I have always found that sketchy. All a person has to do is say "Bring it on, big boy" then snap the teeth 2-3 times. I think that would put an end to that.

I am not making light of anything, but some things are believable, and some things aren't.

JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson: Getcha Popcorn

Link Copied to Clipboard