Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
You can post whatever you want as long as you are not referring to me, I rarely go at you unprovoked and you know it or should see it by now. Hell, we actually agree on way more than we disagree in PF. Watson is really the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. That other forum is a different beast, and yes I can be aggressive in there.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
FYI: I only responded to you AFTER you called me out.

I am so sick of these stupid childish games in this forum.

Different football opinions are great, but the constant personalty crap sucks!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I have no problem with anything you post as long as it's not attacking me or what I believe in general. You have every right to your opinions on players, the team, the fo, everything but what other posters post IMO. Same for me, same for everyone. But unless you are purp or a ref, nobody is telling me what I can or can't post or talk about. I'm sure you feel the same. And don't think for a second I like this crap constantly because I don't either. Don't mistake my takes or posts for others who are actually attacking you on the regular. I might have the same view as some of them, but I don't come in here looking to argue. But when I feel attacked, I answer. That's all this is.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
gimme baker back. We messed this thing up bad...We are gonna carousel qbs again.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Week 1 Preseason Recap ESPN

Browns: Quarterback Deshaun Watson's first appearance since the 2020 season was a rough one. Playing the entire first quarter, Watson completed just 1 of 5 passes for seven yards. With him at QB, the offense failed to generate a single first down. To make things worse, starting center Nick Harris had to be carted off the field after the second snap due to a knee injury. What happened before kickoff, however, overshadowed anything Watson did on the field. For the first time, he apologized to the women who have accused him of inappropriate sexual misconduct during massage sessions, saying on the Browns' pregame show that he was "truly sorry" to the women he had impacted. Meanwhile, Watson and the Browns continue to wait on whether appeals officer Peter C. Harvey will extend Watson's six-game suspension. -- Jake Trotter

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I guess the fans in Jacksonville missed the memo that they are not supposed to know or care about the Watson situation. Though there were no formal protests found outside the stadium, the AP has reported that several cars could be seen sporting unsavory messages ripping the embattled quarterback. Deshaun Watson apologized before his preseason debut with the Cleveland Browns and then got an earful from opposing fans. Inside, Watson jogged into TIAA Bank Field with a security guard at his side. Jacksonville fans roundly booed Watson during his 3 series of work. Fans in one end zone could be heard chanting vulgarities at Watson during his first drive.

What happened before kickoff, however, overshadowed anything Watson did on the field. Much like the attempt by Watson's team to sway sentiment with the settlement of 3 additional cases the day before the initial hearings with Judge Robinson, for the first time, Watson apologized to the women who have accused him of inappropriate sexual misconduct during massage sessions, saying on the Browns' pregame show that he was "truly sorry" to the women he had impacted. Watson, who has denied any wrongdoing while settling 23 of 24 civil lawsuits, is still facing league discipline. The NFL is appealing independent arbiter Sue L. Robinson’s six-game suspension. The retired federal judge concluded Watson violated the league’s personal conduct policy with “egregious” and “predatory” behavior. As part of her ruling, Robinson noted Watson’s total lack of remorse.

Potentially facing a year-long suspension, Watson publicly expressed remorse and contrition for the first time since he was accused of sexually harassing or assaulting the 24 women during therapy sessions in 2020 and 2021. The unexpected press conference to express remorse and contrition (much like the previous settlement cases) takes place in the final hours as Watson and the Browns continue to wait on whether appeals officer Peter C. Harvey will extend Watson's six-game suspension. Peter C. Harvey, a former New Jersey attorney general, was appointed by commissioner Roger Goodell to hear the appeal.

Whether this sudden change of heart by Watson in these final hours will have any effect on Harvey's decision remains to be seen.

The 24-13 victory at Jacksonville (0-2) was overshadowed by the Watson saga and Harris injury. The team declined to make Watson available after the game.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by LexDawg

Browns: Quarterback Deshaun Watson's first appearance since the 2020 season was a rough one. Playing the entire first quarter, Watson completed just 1 of 5 passes for seven yards. With him at QB, the offense failed to generate a single first down. To make things worse, starting center Nick Harris had to be carted off the field after the second snap due to a knee injury. What happened before kickoff, however, overshadowed anything Watson did on the field. For the first time, he apologized to the women who have accused him of inappropriate sexual misconduct during massage sessions, saying on the Browns' pregame show that he was "truly sorry" to the women he had impacted. Meanwhile, Watson and the Browns continue to wait on whether appeals officer Peter C. Harvey will extend Watson's six-game suspension. -- Jake Trotter
See what I mean, meant
when I said, the Pharisee type society wants to ruin any love/like/or appreciation of the game of football by having Social Issues Overshadow, (their word, Overshadow)
Social Issues Overshadow the game, and they use ESPN to attempt to demand you bow to the demand that you think their way.

Social issues instead of football.
and ESPN as the Tool to tell you what to think and say, and better fall in step or you may be marginalized -and or austricized.
^ it's right there.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B
several cars could be seen sporting unsavory messages

Not to minimize anything, but several cars out of thousands isn't exactly a groundswell.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
People want something to do. ( they'll make a sign, do up their car, make a day of it, it's fun it passes the time, ya feel like important, sent a message made a difference. Stood for a cause. )
I said into a mirror, pfew, realizing that's just like all my wasted purpose on this message board pfff, whew my bleak existence.. I3? I3,000 posts? whew. gosh, what if pssshhh wow and since I996.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
Truly sorry”

This sorts of rigged PR stunts without some authenticity and good timing just look a little bit forced and fake. Context is everything when expressing honest emotions.

Why is it so hard to do things the right way and who’s his lousy advisers?
Honestly. I mean with a contract worth $230m he should afford to buy something else then incompetent amateurs...

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

[1] Whenever Watson plays for the Browns I think we can expect a part of any teams fanbase that we play to demonstrate. Some of it will be genuine from people who think it matters. Some of it will be from fans that think that abusing Watson and shouting about his situation will somehow impact or district him.

[2] I am not buying the "apology" - too little, too late, and forced by his guilty ruling by Sue Robinson. He had opportunities to say something similar before - because in no way does he take ownership of his actions - but instead he chose a different route and wording to apologize to many people but not the women he acted egregiously towards. I do agree with whoever wrote it above - whoever is advising Watson needs replaced.

[3] It was Watson's first game in a very long time. I could care less about 1-5 and how he looked. I believe when he eventually plays regular football he will be very good. If he sits for more than 10 games this year - I still say it was a bad trade unless he is literally a top 3 QB in the NFL come 2023/2024.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
he is guilty.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
he is guilty.

proof?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He apologized for women getting upset about what they think he did rather than what he actually did. He admitted putting himself in bad situations where it could be spun the way it has. If he hadn't put himself in those situations, it couldn't have blown up the way it has. I think he was purposefully vague, so people could read into it what they would without really admitting anything that could be used in court. Plus, I think the NFL made it a condition of a settlement. That's not to say that he wasn't remorseful without the NFL, but feeling and expressing those feelings are two different animals.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
He apologized for women getting upset about what they think he did rather than what he actually did. He admitted putting himself in bad situations where it could be spun the way it has. If he hadn't put himself in those situations, it couldn't have blown up the way it has. I think he was purposefully vague, so people could read into it what they would without really admitting anything that could be used in court. Plus, I think the NFL made it a condition of a settlement. That's not to say that he wasn't remorseful without the NFL, but feeling and expressing those feelings are two different animals.

IMHO, this is a joke of a move in an attempt to get a lighter suspension with a lessor fine. I don't buy a guy whose claimed total innocence for almost two years even after having a Judge state that from the evidence he was a predator who has displayed egregious behavior toward 24 or more women. The timing stinks, he was purposefully vague, and it gives the appearance of doing something to appease the NFL and Mr. Harvey. If this was a condition of settlement, it stinks to high heaven. Watson, the Browns, and the NFL/NFLPA must think we all just fell off the turnip truck to buy into this crap show.

Legend
Legend
Deshuan says he's sorry, whole world be like:

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Just guessing. Making some of them uncomfortable????

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Deshuan says he's sorry, whole world be like:

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Someone posted a comparison to the Watson situation and dealing with your kids. I think this "apology" after weeks and weeks and prior "non apologies" ... I think this could be viewed in a similar light. It is pretty much like a kid, after a long time out and being asked to apologize, saying the words while their tone and body language communicates a completely different message. Bull nailed it with his breakdown. jmo

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
This entire thing has become a three ring circus. Now we even have people making excuses and trying to minimize his apology. And anyone can see that he was advised to make such an apology before Harvey ruled on his case to make him look better. Some of us told people on this board what it would look like any time the Browns played away games. And hell, this was just a preseason game. They're BS, "He was apologizing about 'making them uncomfortable'" crap is beyond a reach of epic proportions.

The crap trail watson has left in his wake stinks from Cleveland to Houston all the way up to the league office. And all his supporters can do is make excuses like "not fair" when this is the exact process that was contractually agreed to by both the league and the NFLPA. And then there's the classic, "The league is picking on the Browns" routine. And then there's the "watson has professed his innocence" even after Judge Robinson found him to be a predator, acted egregiously and a liar. Somewhere in the dark Barnum and Bailey must be their leaders. Because it's obvious when watson was signed by the Browns, the circus came to town.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
This entire thing has become a three ring circus. Now we even have people making excuses and trying to minimize his apology. And anyone can see that he was advised to make such an apology before Harvey ruled on his case to make him look better. Some of us told people on this board what it would look like any time the Browns played away games. And hell, this was just a preseason game. They're BS, "He was apologizing about 'making them uncomfortable'" crap is beyond a reach of epic proportions.

The crap trail watson has left in his wake stinks from Cleveland to Houston all the way up to the league office. And all his supporters can do is make excuses like "not fair" when this is the exact process that was contractually agreed to by both the league and the NFLPA. And then there's the classic, "The league is picking on the Browns" routine. And then there's the "watson has professed his innocence" even after Judge Robinson found him to be a predator, acted egregiously and a liar. Somewhere in the dark Barnum and Bailey must be their leaders. Because it's obvious when watson was signed by the Browns, the circus came to town.

...the circus left?

I don't think we'll ever get rid of it, irrespective of Watson, so it's more a matter of dealing with it. It's the world we live in. Everything gets blown out of proportion and/or distorted by the media/masses. Or just gets made up or improperly attributed like the majority of your posts.

If you get tons of crap thrown at you for years, there's going to be a smell. Not necessarily from the person getting thrown at, but from the stuff getting thrown. You seem to revel in the stench.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's a difference in recognizing the stench than choosing to revel in it. This is unlike anything associated with this team than ever before. Claiming reality somehow "gets made up or improperly attributed" is really nothing more than yet another attempt to deflect and place blame on everyone who had nothing to do with watson's actions. Which is typical and does not come unexpectedly.

This crap wasn't thrown at the Browns. It was invited and brought here with a 230 million dollar guaranteed contract.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Not to minimize anything, but several cars out of thousands isn't exactly a groundswell.

OH God NO!!!! Say it ain't so! rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Potentially facing a year-long suspension, Watson publicly expressed remorse and contrition for the first time since he was accused of sexually harassing or assaulting the 24 women during therapy sessions in 2020 and 2021. The unexpected press conference to express remorse and contrition (much like the previous settlement cases) takes place in the final hours as Watson and the Browns continue to wait on whether appeals officer Peter C. Harvey will extend Watson's six-game suspension. Peter C. Harvey, a former New Jersey attorney general, was appointed by commissioner Roger Goodell to hear the appeal.

Too little...too late...

IMO, Those advising Watson...have failed to give him timely advise.

Too late settling the cases and too late apologizing for his conduct during massage sessions.

It's sad, but Watson hired a lawyer that is/was more concerned about his law firm's reputation than he was about Watson.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: Floquinho
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think he should have gone with Dak's lawyer.

4 members like this: oobernoober, Versatile Dog, FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac

Too little...too late...

IMO, Those advising Watson...have failed to give him timely advise.

Too late settling the cases and too late apologizing for his conduct during massage sessions.

It's sad, but Watson hired a lawyer that is/was more concerned about his law firm's reputation than he was about Watson.

Or maybe his lawyer knows what he is doing....geesh

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I think he should have gone with Dak's lawyer.

rish...Did Daks lawyer do his job? Was Dak found NOT GUILTY of the DUI charge?

I have the phone number for Dak's lawyer if you want it...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude..........LOL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by LexDawg

I know the following will tick someone off....

Baker Mayfield started for the Panthers and played one series in the team's 23-21 victory against the Washington Commanders on Saturday at FedEx Field. In his first preseason game, Mayfield completed 4 of 7 passes for 45 yards, leading a 54-yard, 13-play drive play that ended with a 41-yard Zane Gonzalez field goal.

I also know that it doesn't mean a thing... Just saying.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent

As has been obvious from the very start, people act as though only 1 out of 32 matters.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by jfanent

As has been obvious from the very start, people act as though only 1 out of 32 matters.

There you go again, starting crap where there is none. I was laughing at the "several cars" quote. Have you picked another team to root for yet?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
English has obviously avoided you. The word "fan" is short for "fanatic". My support for the Browns no longer reaches the level of fanatic. I put that in the most terms I can. Hopefully breaking it down in the most simple terms and reading it slower may help those of you that are having trouble grasping the concept. There have been others whose description of how they now feel closly resemble my sentiments. They just used different words in their descriptions. But you just keep doing you.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V
This might actually unite the team.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
This might actually unite the team.

I was thinking this too. NFL and the opponent fans better be careful because you never know what galvanizes a locker room and then when Watson returns it could work in our favor

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know it sounds corny as can be, but finding something to rally around and creating an us against the world is a very real things form football teams.

Legend
Legend
I know it sounds corny as can be, but finding something to rally around and creating an us against the world is a very real things form football teams.
No doubt about it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson in perpetuum et unum diem

Link Copied to Clipboard