Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't want Rosen to get more snaps. Maybe Dobbs. ( What was wrong with Baker again?) hmm. Oh well.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Nah.........I want to see a certain poster stop talking about a qb that isn't here, and I'd like that poster to tell us how bad DW looked. 1 preseason game, I know. But hell, dude might not even play this year.....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
We won 8 games last year w/terrible QB play and issues in the locker room. I think we can win that many and may challenge for a playoff spot.
How about starting a Baker thread so those of us who just want to discuss the team don't have to listen to the constant whining of a few guys that ruin every freaking thread on this forum.

Hey dude, you started the freaking BS by bringing up Baker. You have the freaking balls now to post some kind of crap like this because someone takes exception to your thread. You are the biggest hypocrite on this forum. 90% of the BS that goes on in this forum is because of your constant belittling of anyone who doesn't agree with you, especially your upfront hate of Mayfield. For me and the other Browns Fans that want to talk about the Browns, you can kiss my azz!

I humbly apologize to every other poster on this board for my unprofessional rant. I'm just so tired of his 51,247 posts of attacking loyal Browns Fans.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
R
Legend
Legend
R
Why does everyone care so much if Vers hates Mayfield? That seems to be a huge triggering point for some of you.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by steve0255
We won 8 games last year w/terrible QB play and issues in the locker room. I think we can win that many and may challenge for a playoff spot.
How about starting a Baker thread so those of us who just want to discuss the team don't have to listen to the constant whining of a few guys that ruin every freaking thread on this forum.

Hey dude, you started the freaking BS by bringing up Baker. You have the freaking balls now to post some kind of crap like this because someone takes exception to your thread. You are the biggest hypocrite on this forum. 90% of the BS that goes on in this forum is because of your constant belittling of anyone who doesn't agree with you, especially your upfront hate of Mayfield. For me and the other Browns Fans that want to talk about the Browns, you can kiss my azz!

I humbly apologize to every other poster on this board for my unprofessional rant. I'm just so tired of his 51,247 posts of attacking loyal Browns Fans.

Without even seeing his posts 90% of the mentions of Baker I see in these threads are from him and people calling other Baker Fans Boys. It's amusing smile

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
L
Legend
Legend
L
But seriously. It’d be cool if Josh Rosen went Jim Plunkett on us.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
J/C

I fall into the category of thinking that Brissett is not an average QB. He was pretty bad last year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Jim Plunket is a former NFL @uarterback, who played for sixteen years.
he achieved his greatest success during his 'FINAL' 8 seasons, including 2 SB titles.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
J/C

I fall into the category of thinking that Brissett is not an average QB. He was pretty bad last year.
[quote=Dawgs4Life]J/C

Actually, he's been pretty bad anytime he's been made the starter. However, the Browns wanted an upgraded QB room, so they went out and got 3 replacements for the players they bounced. It only stands to reason that those moves would have only been made if they were upgrades to the position, right? Excuses flying now that the Browns might not win with the upgrades, they made now seems a little wishy washy. I mean after all, the Browns won 8 games last year just missing the playoffs with a QB that was injured for 15 games and so horrible he single handedly made us miss the playoffs and backups that went 2-0. You'd think that our new room just being healthy would win more games - whoops, injuries are no excuse for poor play so the upgrades should net us more win's, right?

If no excuse is acceptable for 2021, then winning in 2022 should be expected no matter the circumstances - just saying...........

Legend
Legend
We’re bitchier than a lonely housewife with three kids, no booze left and a husband who won’t communicate.

Second time in as many weeks: This truly is sig material. It's 100% us... in a nutshell.
You should consider it.
Seriously.

Quote of the week.

L rofl
M rofl
F rofl
A rofl
O rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Why does everyone care so much if Vers hates Mayfield? That seems to be a huge triggering point for some of you.

No-one cares that Vers hates Baker. I think you know that.

I think some care about his hypocrisy, his bullying, his victimhood and his telling everyone where and what to post. And then there's all the times he criticizes posters for not calling out other posts that he feels are questionable. Or when he starts a debate like he did with Arch early, get's pwnd and then runs away. Another good one is the constant mentioning of posters without ever actually addressing those posters. Personally I cared when he spammed the board for an evening calling me "evil"..... but like I said, I think you knew all that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
We’re bitchier than a lonely housewife with three kids, no booze left and a husband who won’t communicate.

Second time in as many weeks: This truly is sig material. It's 100% us... in a nutshell.
You should consider it.
Seriously.

Quote of the week.

L rofl
M rofl
F rofl
A rofl
O rofl
Haha for some reason I got the image of Jack and Wendy Torrance in The Shining

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's just a message board. My personal feelings is no one should be getting that emotional over stuff that is posted on here. Seems like a lot of energy to waste on a message board.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Bruh- that's dark af.
Perfect- for a CLE fan.

Priceless.

Here lies the random CLE fansite poster... frozen, waiting to be found after the inevitable post-Super Bowl thaw...

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
It's just a message board. My personal feelings is no one should be getting that emotional over stuff that is posted on here. Seems like a lot of energy to waste on a message board.
Hmmm... seems like that message would be most effective if delivered to a particular poster's inbox... Ironically enough.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's going to be a rough season. Everyone should strap up for that reality.

My friend, I have come to understand that every season is going to be a rough season unless everything meets your expectations.

Last year you were all over Baker for being a trash QB. We were in the playoff hunt. Even if we go with Brissett all season I feel we will still be in the playoff hunt. By most measures that isn't a rough season. Thus far in his career Brissett hasn't turned the ball over very much, so that alone is a upgrade at QB. I also think Brissett knows his limitations which Baker did not so we should see a better short to intermediate passing game, especially with the addition of a bigger target in Bell.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Bruh- that's dark af.
Perfect- for a CLE fan.

Priceless.

Here lies the random CLE fansite poster... frozen, waiting to be found after the inevitable post-Super Bowl thaw...

rofl
😂 😂

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Browns players clearly don't understand what Deshaun Watson did wrong
John Buhler - Yesterday 4:10 PM

Joel Bitonio's awful quote means Cleveland Browns are still clueless about Deshaun Watson.

Browns players clearly don't understand what Deshaun Watson did wrong

If there was any hope that the Cleveland Browns understood the severity of Deshaun Watson's previous actions, Joel Bitonio removed all doubt with the most tone-deaf quote in quite some time.

After getting booed relentlessly by all of Duval County in their first preseason game of the summer vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars, Bitonio tried to spin this as little more than Cleveland vs. Everyone nonsense.

It is not the same thing as being booed by your fans with bags on their heads after going 0-16.

Joel Bitonio provides the most tone-deaf quote ever over Deshaun Watson mess
You know what the absolute shame in it all is? Bitonio is dragging the great people of Cleveland into the flaming pile of s**t that is this football franchise. If Jimmy Haslam would rob truckers blind, of course, he would give a sexual predator an unprecedented, fully-guaranteed contract to join his team because what is shame, honestly? If you want to root for a new team, you have time.

Of course, not all players are going to blabber festering nonsense to a well-respected beat reporter, but they all got a job to do. This was a team seen as having a top-six roster in all of football entering last season. Since losing to the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2020 AFC Divisional Round, the Browns have once again been what they usually are in most years: A dumpster fire.

Although they may still have the talent to make the playoffs, they are not picking up any new fans this year. Will players start to think Boo is their name like Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird? They can try their best to tune them out, but they do not have the organizational stability to navigate such a never-ending onslaught of negativity they are about to endure. It is going to be so, so bad…

For the love of god, let's not print out brown and orange "Cleveland vs. Everyone" shirts this year.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Is the above your commentary or is it some op-ed? Is Bitonio quoted somewhere in that mess?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
That guy is a Falcons fan. I think he's mad the Falcons didn't sign Watson.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
There are times when you love being right. There are other times you really wish you were dead wrong.

During drafts I spend a good bit of time looking at positions that seem apparent that the Browns will draft. This draft it was receivers. I looked at all of them.

One guy I thought we could get after the trade was George Pickens. He had slipped IMO in the draft because he didnt play much his last season. To me he looked like first round material that we could get in the second round. He was the 52 pick in the second round and of course. He went to the Steelers.

So far he has been the the buzz at Steeler camp. He had 3 catches for 43 yards and niffy td catch with toe tap in the endzone. The word from Steeler camp was no surprise. He has torn up camp.

Totally pisses me off. I am not sure about our draft yet. I sure hope Bell pans out and is great. But damn I hate seeing Pickens playing well.

Legend
Legend
I don't feel this is a good thing.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...ossibilities-2022-191333270/#191333270_1

I had real concerns about this position before the draft. I am fine with Cooper and DPJ.

After that we are weak. An injury to either guy and we are looking at a problem. You do not want to rely on a third round rookie who has now missed camp time.

I am wondering how Andrew will handle this.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

For the record, I have not been talking about Baker at all. I post a lot of tweets and articles. I have been commenting on the team. There was a conversation occurring about how many games we would win this upcoming year. Six games was mentioned. I countered by saying that we had terrible qb play last year. I did not elaborate. It's undeniable. I also talked about how important a very good OL is, our excellent RBs, Njoku poised to be a bigger part of the offense, Cooper being a very good WR, our Edge rushers, our excellent corners, etc.

Of course trouble starts. Some people come here to fight and nothing else. It's so freaking old how a few people ruin threads for others.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I like Slayton as a WR. He's been pretty good for NY. Golladay has been a bust w/the Giants. He dropped another easy one last night. Tyler Johnson is interesting, but not sure he is better than DPJ or Bell.

I'd say Slayton would be an option if NY wants to move him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Is the above your commentary or is it some op-ed? Is Bitonio quoted somewhere in that mess?

John Buhler is a Staff Writer for FanSided.com

I think it's pretty well documented as to what Bitonio said. It's clearly an op-ed from Buhler stating the obvious, that Watson's issues reach much further than just Cleveland.

V
Legend
Legend
V
There is an active Watson thread in this forum. You can find it here:

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthre...on-in-perpetuum-et-unum-diem#Post1962220

V
Legend
Legend
V

I was watching the show last night and Ward was also named to the list.

V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V
[social:tweet]
[/social]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Grateful posted this in the Game Day forum. I thought I would bring it up here because Elliot continues to disappoint. I also have some concerns about Jacob Phillips and his slow progress. Another guy is Delpit. He's gets talked up a lot, but he did not impress me much last year and apparently struggled again the other night. Also, Njoku has been schooling him in TC.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Pickens got a lot of love from a lot of people before the draft - and I've seen the same buzz about him as you have. The good news is that he doesn't have a good QB throwing him the ball (yet), but given the thinness of our WR core, it does hurt. If we stick at #44 - maybe we don't get Winfrey or Cade ? Players we acquired with the draft picks from trading out of #44. But it is still going to irk every time we see Pickens make a play. He seems aggressive, physical, nasty too - characteristics that we seem to lack sometimes.

V
Legend
Legend
V

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Pdawg

So...JB and most of the starters will not play - again - in the 2nd pre-season game. WTH is it with Browns HC's who continually do that crap while continuing to play on Opening Day like the team hadn't played football for a year? They will get work in the joint practices? No kidding genius. JB needs as many live-action snaps as he can get with a rag-tag group of WRs to try and build SOMETHING before the season starts. The rag-tag room of WRs needs to work with the 111 to see what we have there - if anything.

Smartest guy in the league syndrome for Ski.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I dont think Stefanski knows how to prepare the team or has a pulse on what is needed. He has a recipe and he follows the recipe like a robot.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think Ski does a lot of things well, I think his offense can be very good and dynamic. The issue I see is a lack of ability to adjust, a lack of nimbleness, a lack of seizing opportunities. So sort of like he has a recipe he sticks to - the recipe is good, but more on the move adjustment and reaction to situations to help the team seems to be lacking. I think that's why we've seen some questionable game management over the time he's been in charge. Many will say that's because he was limited by the players he had at his disposal, I think he get's too conservative and tightens up. Overall a lot more +ve than -ve.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't care for the Stefanski hire, but I think the guy has done an excellent job. He's got a great scheme and puts his guys in good positions to succeed. He comes from the Shanahan/Kubiak tree and I think that is the best system in the NFL for offensive football. I really don't understand all the criticism he gets.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I just think there is more to this than Xs and Os. It's all too robotic for me. Decisions made because of a model on paper telling him to and not just using common sense. Brissett won't see any game action until the last preseason game. Does that make any sense at all? We aren't talking about Aaron Rodgers here. We are talking about a below average journeyman QB. On top of that we have a ragtag group of WRs, many of whom haven't been practicing.

You want to give Myles days off, makes sense. Bitonio, makes sense. These guys don't need any work until game 1.

You think Harris would have gotten hurt if he was prepared for contact? He either really sucks...I've never seen an offensive lineman get bent in half...or he wasn't prepared for the physical contact.

Game 1 will be a loss because it will be the first real practice the team gets.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by mgh888
Pickens got a lot of love from a lot of people before the draft - and I've seen the same buzz about him as you have. The good news is that he doesn't have a good QB throwing him the ball (yet), but given the thinness of our WR core, it does hurt. If we stick at #44 - maybe we don't get Winfrey or Cade ? Players we acquired with the draft picks from trading out of #44. But it is still going to irk every time we see Pickens make a play. He seems aggressive, physical, nasty too - characteristics that we seem to lack sometimes.
It's evident AB doesn't really value WRs. Look at the WR room.
George Pickens has traits and abilities that no one
In the WR has. Yet he AB passes on him at 44.
The elephant in the room is that AB has done a porous job
In building a top 16 NFL WR room. It's a bottom 5.
I noticed the Schwartz defenders have been quiet.
He isn't a NFL WR. That was very clear from the tape.
A offense that expects to score a deal of points needs
A strong WR room. It's how the league Is now

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard