Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
BOttom Line, they could have testified to protect Trump and they did now. Seating the likes of Jim Jordan would have caused this to go nutty..

Anyway, this is an investigation... Not a body that can try and convict anyone. Trump will get his chance to fight back if the DOJ wants to charge him.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Another one bites the dust.......

Ex-police officer gets more than 7 years in prison in Jan. 6 case

Washington — An off-duty Virginia police officer who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan, 6, 2021, with a fellow officer was sentenced Thursday to more than seven years in prison, matching the longest prison sentence so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

Former Rocky Mount Police Sgt. Thomas Robertson declined to address the court before U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper sentenced him to seven years and three months in prison. Cooper also sentenced Robertson to three years of supervised release after his prison term.

Federal prosecutors had recommended an eight-year prison sentence for Robertson. His sentence equals that of Guy Reffitt, a Texas man who attacked the Capitol while armed with a holstered handgun.

Robertson gets credit for the 13 months he has already spent in custody. Robertson has been jailed since Cooper ruled last year that he violated the terms of his pretrial release by possessing firearms.

The judge said he was troubled by Robertson's conduct since his arrest - not only his stockpiling of guns but also his words advocating for violence. After Jan. 6, Robertson told a friend that he was prepared to fight and die in a civil war and he clung to baseless conspiracy theories that the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump, the judge noted.

CBS News' Robert Legare points out that Robertson was originally freed on pretrial supervision, but was later detained after the government said he allegedly had "a loaded M4 rifle and a partially-assembled pipe bomb at his home, and by purchasing an arsenal of 34 firearms online and transporting them in interstate commerce."

Sentencing guidelines calculated by Cooper recommended a prison term ranging from seven years and three months to nine years.

"It's a long time because it reflects the seriousness of the offenses that you were convicted of," the judge said.

In April, a jury convicted Robertson of attacking the Capitol to obstruct Congress from certifying Joe Biden's 2020 presidential victory.

Jurors found Robertson guilty of all six counts in his indictment, including charges that he interfered with police officers at the Capitol and that he entered a restricted area with a dangerous weapon, a large wooden stick.

Robertson's lawyers said the Army veteran was using the stick to help him walk because he has a limp from getting shot in the right thigh while working as a private contractor for the Defense Department in Afghanistan in 2011.

The judge said he agreed with jurors that Robertson went to the Capitol to interfere with the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6. Robertson was an "active and willing participant," not "some bystander" who got swept up in the crowd, Cooper said.

Robertson traveled to Washington that morning with another off-duty Rocky Mount police officer, Jacob Fracker, and a third man, a neighbor who wasn't charged in the case.

Fracker was scheduled to be tried alongside Robertson before he pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge in March and agreed to cooperate with federal authorities. Cooper is scheduled to sentence Fracker next Tuesday.

Prosecutors have asked Cooper to spare Fracker from a prison term and sentence him to six months of probation along with a period of home detention or "community confinement." They said Fracker's "fulsome" cooperation and trial testimony was crucial in securing convictions against Robertson.

Robertson's lawyer, Mark Rollins, sought a prison sentence below two years and three months. He questioned the fairness of the wide gap in sentences that prosecutors recommended for Robertson and Fracker given their similar conduct.

Robertson served his country and community with distinction, his lawyer told the judge.

"His life already is in shambles," Rollins said.

Robertson and Fracker were among several current or former law enforcement officers who joined in the riot. Prosecutors say Robertson used his law enforcement and military training to block police officers who were trying to hold off the advancing mob.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Aloi said Robertson was prepared for violence when he went to the Capitol and did a "victory lap" inside the building, where he posed for a selfie with Fracker.

"The defendant is, by all accounts, proud of his conduct on Jan. 6," she said.

Jurors saw some of Robertson's posts on social media before and after the riot. In a Facebook post on Nov. 7, 2020, Robertson said "being disenfranchised by fraud is my hard line."

"I've spent most of my adult life fighting a counter insurgency. (I'm) about to become part of one, and a very effective one," he wrote.

In a letter addressed to the judge, Robertson said he took full responsibility for his actions on Jan. 6 and "any poor decisions I made." He blamed the vitriolic content of his social media posts on a mix of stress, alcohol abuse and "submersion in deep 'rabbit holes' of election conspiracy theory."

"I sat around at night drinking too much and reacting to articles and sites given to me by Facebook" algorithms, he wrote.

The town fired Robertson and Fracker after the riot. Rocky Mount is about 25 miles south of Roanoke, Virginia, and has about 5,000 residents.

Roughly 850 people have been charged with federal crimes for their conduct on Jan. 6. More than 350 of them have pleaded guilty, mostly to misdemeanor offenses, and more than 230 have been sentenced so far.

Robertson's jury trial was the second for a Capitol riot case; Reffitt's was the first.

Jurors have unanimously convicted seven Capitol rioters of all charges in their respective indictments.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thomas...e-than-7-years-in-prison-january-6-case/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I can't really say if a lot of people are pro-insurrection or not. I honestly don't think people think critically at all. Now, it's just reaction.

"So-and-so said something so it must be bad."

"These people are doing something and I'm not supposed to like them, so it's a farce!"

People have entrenched themselves so horrifically in the modern era that many conclusions are drawn without much thought or much deduction at all.

Basically, that's to deduce it all and say I don't even think a lot of people even have the critical thought capacity to know that they're pro-insurrection.

Again, there is no farce with the J6 Committee.. None. It's a body that is there to investigate. They have no power to prosecute. They are doing a great job of exposing Trump and his biggest supporters.

I have no idea if the DOJ will go after him,, I suspect they will, but I don't know for sure. I do think it's clear what happened on J6. Unless one has blinders on, it's VERY clear who was behind this whole mess.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That’s a rather late response to my post, but yeah, the “blinders” is what I was referring to.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by Jester; 08/14/22 12:39 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some Capitol rioters trying to make money off their Jan. 6 crimes

Facing prison time and dire personal consequences for storming the U.S. Capitol, some Jan. 6 defendants are trying to profit from their participation in the deadly riot, using it as a platform to drum up cash, promote business endeavors and boost social media profiles.

A Nevada man jailed on riot charges asked his mother to contact publishers for a book he was writing about "the Capitol incident." A rioter from Washington state helped his father hawk clothes and other merchandise bearing slogans such as "Our House" and images of the Capitol building. A Virginia man released a rap album with riot-themed songs and a cover photograph of him sitting on a police vehicle outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Those actions are sometimes complicating matters for defendants when they face judges at sentencing as prosecutors point to the profit-chasing activities in seeking tougher punishments. The Justice Department, in some instances, is trying to claw back money that rioters have made off the insurrection.

In one case, federal authorities have seized tens of thousands of dollars from a defendant who sold his footage from Jan. 6. In another case, a Florida man's plea deal allows the U.S. government to collect profits from any book he gets published over the next five years. And prosecutors want a Maine man who raised more than $20,000 from supporters to surrender some of the money because a taxpayer-funded public defender is representing him.

Many rioters have paid a steep personal price for their actions on Jan. 6. At sentencing, rioters often ask for leniency on the grounds that they already have experienced severe consequences for their crimes.

They lost jobs or entire careers. Marriages fell apart. Friends and relatives shunned them or even reported them to the FBI. Strangers have sent them hate mail and online threats. And they have racked up expensive legal bills to defend themselves against federal charges ranging from misdemeanors to serious felonies.

Websites and crowdfunding platforms set up to collect donations for Capitol riot defendants try to portray them as mistreated patriots or even political prisoners.

An anti-vaccine medical doctor who pleaded guilty to illegally entering the Capitol founded a nonprofit that raised more than $430,000 for her legal expenses. The fundraising appeal by Dr. Simone Gold's group, America's Frontline Doctors, didn't mention her guilty plea, prosecutors noted.

Before sentencing Gold to two months behind bars, U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper called it "unseemly" that her nonprofit invoked the Capitol riot to raise money that also paid for her salary. Prosecutors said in court papers that it was hard to believe she incurred anywhere close to $430,000 in legal costs for her misdemeanor case.

Another rioter, a New Jersey gym owner who punched a police officer during the siege, raised more than $30,000 in online donations for a "Patriot Relief Fund" to cover his mortgage payments and other monthly bills. Prosecutors cited the fund in recommending a fine for Scott Fairlamb, who is serving a prison sentence of more than three years.

"Fairlamb should not be able to 'capitalize' on his participation in the Capitol breach in this way," Justice Department lawyers wrote.

Robert Palmer, a Florida man who attacked police officers at the Capitol, asked a friend to create a crowdfunding campaign for him online after he pleaded guilty. After seeing the campaign to "Help Patriot Rob," a probation officer calculating a sentencing recommendation for Palmer didn't give him credit for accepting responsibility for his conduct. Palmer conceded that a post for the campaign falsely portrayed his conduct on Jan. 6. Acceptance of responsibility can help shave months or even years off a sentence.

"When you threw the fire extinguisher and the plank at the police officers, were you acting in self-defense?" asked U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan.

"No, ma'am, I was not," Palmer said before the judge sentenced him to more than five years in prison.

A group calling itself the Patriot Freedom Project says it has raised more than $1 million in contributions and paid more than $665,000 in grants and legal fees for families of Capitol riot defendants.

In April, a New Jersey-based foundation associated with the group filed an IRS application for tax-exempt status. As of early August, an IRS database doesn't list the foundation as a tax-exempt organization. The Hughes Foundation's IRS application says its funds "principally" will benefit families of Jan. 6 defendants, with about 60% of the donated money going to foundation activities. The rest will cover management and fundraising expenses, including salaries, it adds.

Rioters have found other ways to enrich or promote themselves.

Jeremy Grace, who was sentenced to three weeks in jail for entering the Capitol, tried to profit off his participation by helping his father sell T-shirts, baseball caps, water bottles, decals and other gear with phrases such as "Our House" and "Back the Blue" and images of the Capitol, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said Grace's "audacity" to sell "Back the Blue" paraphernalia is "especially disturbing" because he watched other rioters confront police officers on Jan. 6. A defense lawyer, however, said Grace didn't break any laws or earn any profits by helping his father sell the merchandise.

Federal authorities seized more than $62,000 from a bank account belonging to riot defendant John Earle Sullivan, a Utah man who earned more than $90,000 from selling his Jan. 6 video footage to at least six companies. Sullivan's lawyer argued authorities had no right to seize the money.

Richard "Bigo" Barnett, an Arkansas man photographed propping his feet up on a desk in the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has charged donors $100 for photos of him with his feet on a desk while under house arrest. Defense lawyer Joseph McBride said prosecutors have "zero grounds" to prevent Barnett from raising money for his defense before a December trial date.

"Unlike the government, Mr. Barnett does not have the American Taxpayer footing the bill for his legal case," McBride wrote in a court filing.

Texas real estate agent Jennifer Leigh Ryan promoted her business on social media during and after the riot, boasting that she was "becoming famous." In messages sent after Jan. 6, Ryan "contemplated the business she needed to prepare for as a result of the publicity she received from joining the mob at the Capitol," prosecutors said in court documents.

Prosecutors cited the social media activity of Treniss Evans III in recommending a two-month jail term for the Texas man, who drank a shot of whiskey in a congressional conference room on Jan. 6. Evans has "aggressively exploited" his presence at the Capitol to expand his social media following on Gettr, a social media site founded by a former Trump adviser, prosecutors wrote before Evans' sentencing, scheduled for this coming Tuesday,

A few rioters are writing books about the mob's attack or have marketed videos that they shot during the riot.

A unique provision in Adam Johnson's plea agreement allows the U.S. government to collect profits from any book he gets published over the next five years. Images of Johnson posing for photographs with Pelosi's podium went viral after the riot. Prosecutors said they insisted on the provision after learning that Johnson intends to write a memoir "of some sort."

Ronald Sandlin, a Nevada man charged with assaulting officers near doors to the Senate gallery, posted on Facebook that he was "working out a Netflix deal" to sell riot video footage. Later, in a call from jail, Sandlin told his mother he had met with right-wing author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza and was in contact with podcaster Joe Rogan. He also asked his mom to contact publishers for the book he was writing about the "Capitol incident," prosecutors said.

"I hope to turn it into movie," Sandlin wrote in a March 2021 text message. "I plan on having Leonardo DiCaprio play me," he wrote, adding a smiley face emoji.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-c...ZbZJk_xUK4J2uTTwbv08skf27FXK8MqsAA9h87AY

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Tucker trying to incite violence.

Legend
Legend
millions of people listen to this man 5 nights/week.

monetized feverish outrage.
what a product to bring to market.

The difference between this guy and me? when I make noise in public, people leave happy.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
millions of people listen to this man 5 nights/week.

monetized feverish outrage.
what a product to bring to market.

The difference between this guy and me? when I make noise in public, people leave happy.

At some point he should be held as responsible as Trump will eventually be for the assault on America...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/17/22 05:32 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jan. 6 defendant who beat officer with Trump flag sentenced to 46 months in prison

A man who beat a Washington, D.C., police officer with a Trump flag during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack was sentenced to 46 months in prison on Friday.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that Howard Richardson received the sentence after pleading guilty earlier in the year to assaulting, resisting or impeding officers.

Richardson waved his flagpole after entering a restricted area of Capitol grounds, according to the Department of Justice, before later hitting a police officer multiple times with the pole.

“He raised it and forcefully swung it downward to strike an officer with the Metropolitan Police Department who was standing behind a metal barricade,” the DOJ wrote of Richardson and the flagpole.

“Richardson then struck the officer two more times, using enough force to break the flagpole.”

Richardson then pushed a “large metal sign into a line of law enforcement officers” along with other rioters, according to the department.

The Pennsylvania native, 72, was arrested in November 2021 before pleading guilty in April.

Richardson will be subject to three years of supervised release after completing his almost four-year in prison sentence, and is required to pay $2,000 in restitution.

More than 860 people have been arrested since Jan. 6 in connection with the attack on the Capitol, according to the DOJ.

More than 260 of them have been charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement.

Richardson’s sentencing follows the DOJ’s announcement earlier Friday that it would seek an over 17-year sentence for an ex-police officer who was found guilty in May of five felonies and a misdemeanor for his participation in the Jan. 6 attack, including assaulting, resisting or impeding an officer using a deadly or dangerous weapon and engaging in an act of physical violence on Capitol grounds.

That sentence is by far the longest yet received by a Jan. 6 defendant.

https://thehill.com/policy/national...K4_vBgQVPde2IKQwZ_G3C0I_M8FGYOu6436aJvCM

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm glad he's going away, but if you or I went into town and beat a cop with a metal pole, we'd get 10 years minimum. No ifs, and, or buts about it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
He’s 72… four years is a long time at that age. If his last years on this rock are spent looking out through bars it’ll serve him right.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I'm glad he's going away, but if you or I went into town and beat a cop with a metal pole, we'd get 10 years minimum. No ifs, and, or buts about it.

I gotta admit, I don't get these light sentences.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
He’s 72… four years is a long time at that age. If his last years on this rock are spent looking out through bars it’ll serve him right.

He's old enough to know when he's getting scammed.. Therefore he's old enough to suffer the same sentence anyone else would get for that offense.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
He, like the other idiots that fell for donny’s rhetoric, should all get longer sentences than what they’re getting. This guy should have gotten much longer. As stated prior, if you or I had gone and beaten a cop with a metal pole anywhere else, at any other time, we’d have gotten more that 4 years. Personally I think this faux patriot should rot in jail until he’s carried out in a box.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
He, like the other idiots that fell for donny’s rhetoric, should all get longer sentences than what they’re getting. This guy should have gotten much longer. As stated prior, if you or I had gone and beaten a cop with a metal pole anywhere else, at any other time, we’d have gotten more that 4 years. Personally I think this faux patriot should rot in jail until he’s carried out in a box.

And then others yet could be holding a metal pole in a threatening manner and have been shot by the police ....

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yep. Imagine if the domestic terrorists of the 6th had been all Balck Muslims, imagine the carnage that would have unfolded on the Capitol Bldg steps. OR the LOOOOOOOONG sentences that would be handed out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Proud Boy sentenced to 4.5 years in prison in Jan. 6 case, still says election was stolen

Joshua Pruitt, a former D.C. bartender, was sentenced by a judge who called Jan. 6 "a national disgrace."

WASHINGTON — A former D.C. bartender and Proud Boy who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was sentenced to 55 months in federal prison on Monday.

Joshua Pruitt, 40, pleaded guilty in June to obstruction of an official proceeding after he was caught on video joining a mob pursuing police officers and smashing a sign inside the U.S. Capitol. Two U.S. Capitol Police officers wrote victim impact statements in his case urging Judge Timothy J. Kelly to give Pruitt a severe sentence in the case.

Ultimately, Kelly imposed a sentence that fell a few months short of the five years that prosecutors had requested.

Pruitt said that he apologized for his actions and he was "not happy that Jan. 6 happened at all," but said he still held onto his beliefs that Donald Trump actually won the election that he lost to President Joe Biden.“I did believe the election was stolen. I still do,” Pruitt said, speaking from a lectern further away from the judge, which was set up for defendants who are vaccinated for Covid.

“I broke the law, bottom line, regardless of whether I’m right or wrong on my feelings,” Pruitt said.

Robert Lee Jenkins, Jr., a court-appointed attorney for Pruitt, said outside the courtroom that there was no convincing Pruitt otherwise.

"We've had many conversations about it, and Mr. Pruitt is firm in his belief," Jenkins said in response to a question from NBC News. Jenkins said that Pruitt's family was "extremely dismayed" that Pruitt had gotten himself involved in Jan. 6.

Judge Kelly and Pruitt’s own attorney said that alcohol played a role in Pruitt’s behaviors on Jan. 6, though a federal prosecutor pointed out that Pruitt’s actions at the Capitol would’ve come about six hours after he said he was drinking Jack Daniel’s on the morning of Jan. 6. Pruitt’s attorney said the Pruitt had an alcohol problem, even if he wasn’t willing to admit it himself.

Jenkins said that the other members of the D.C.-Maryland Proud Boys chapter, whose texts were found on Pruitt's phone, should be concerned that they could be prosecuted.

Some of the texts, which were previously released in court documents, included discussion of plans to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6 and about "storming" the Capitol steps and surrounding the building.

"I think [they] should be very concerned," Jenkins said. "Very, very concerned."

Pruitt came within close distance of Sen. Chuck Schumer on Jan. 6, sending the New York Democrat and his security team running in the other direction.

A member of Schumer’s Capitol Police security team wrote about their near-meeting with Pruitt in his victim impact statement. “Every day I enter the beacon of our country, the U.S. Capitol, I relive the memories of that day, and none are as impactful as the moments I saw Mr. Pruitt approaching us with the intent to inflict harm to the Majority Leader,” the officer wrote. “It was only due to our teams' preplanning of alternate evacuations procedures and quick actions that this impending meeting did not result in blood shed or serious bodily injury.”

Pruitt told the judge that it was "in bad taste" for him to throw a wooden sign in the Capitol, but Kelly said it "was a lot more than being in bad taste."

Kelly said it was "extremely troubling" that Pruitt didn't express regret for his actions during media interviews before he pleaded guilty.

“There was nothing patriotic about what happened that day, far from it,” Kelly said. “It was a national disgrace.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...NuNnElRkTTYXkB2sZigRS-WJkTM8O5fgUtpRZgRQ

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ex-cop charged in Jan. 6 attack cites PTSD in plea for leniency

Thomas Webster suggested his decision to assault a police officer was partially caused by "flashbacks" of his time serving with the NYPD.

Thomas Webster, a former New York City police officer convicted of assault in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, is banking on an absurd excuse to avoid a lengthy sentence.

Webster, 56, was convicted in May of attacking a police officer. He faces a potential 17.5-year prison sentence, which would be the longest sentence handed down in a Jan. 6 case so far. So, of course, Webster and his lawyers are pulling out all the stops to convince the judge to hand down a lesser sentence — including the cop-iest excuse imaginable.

Their desperation was spelled out in a court filing last week that included a letter from a psychiatrist who linked Webster’s violent encounter with police Jan. 6 to post-traumatic stress stemming from his childhood and work at the New York City Police Department.

According to NBC News:

His lawyers are seeking a downward departure from the sentencing guidelines in his case. In a letter they filed seeking a lower sentence, Webster told a psychologist that he could make a connection between his violent actions at the Capitol to a past fight with an armed robber in the Bronx who was trying to get his gun. Webster told the psychologist he attacked a Capitol Police officer with a metal flagpole because “at that moment, I had flashbacks of the struggle we had on the staircase.”

It’s a variation of the failed argument Webster’s lawyer offered up during his trial, which claimed he had just been trying to help the officer he attacked “see my hands,” purportedly because Webster wanted the officer to know he wasn’t a threat.

In reality, video from Jan. 6 shows Webster swinging a metal pole at the officer and pulling at his mask.

I’ll admit: This is a first for me. I’m accustomed to police officers and wannabe police officers using the “he went for my gun" defense — often as justification for killing Black people. Normally, when they use the defense, it’s to excuse violence they committed at that very moment. Webster’s filing is the first time I’m seeing the defense used to downplay violence committed at least a decade after the fact … on a completely uninvolved person … who happens to be a police officer.

The psychiatrist’s letter reads like the rough draft of a made-for-TV-movie script. It suggests Webster overcame a traumatic childhood to become a venerable police officer, only for the job to somehow lead him to participate in a violent attack on democracy a decade after he retired.

It’s quite a reach. I can’t blame Webster’s lawyer for trying, I suppose. He’s not wrong to assume playing up Webster’s days on the force might garner leniency. Regardless, it’s a cynical — and unworthy — argument for this case.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/r...364wGUuvaOsHUzm9fqvB47Czr3YEeARw6fkbojA0

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol… admitting you’re insane, means you aren’t insane. Lock him up.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
The resident of mar-a-lardo is now claiming that he immediately be reinstated president or that they redo the 2020 election.
The election was only like 664 days ago. And he lost

Popcorn futures are going up

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Panic setting in. His fat arse is sweating gravy.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump saying this might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Everyone knows there are no federal laws that can allow for something like that to happen after it has been signed off by congress.

Besides, presidents are only elected by like 51 electors who will represent the state's vote at the Electoral College and the electors could technically vote however they want.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Panic setting in. His fat arse is sweating gravy.

Damn bro- I just come back from a relaxing vacation, and you plant this picture in my head.

I thought we were mates.

Legend
Legend
What Goes around … Comes around.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
What is really comical about "the search."

If he would have given everything back when asked. None of this would have happened.

Because of his defective mind that he owns everything "it's mine." He will be indicted. They have him "hand in the cookie jar."

The picture is like when they have a big drug bust and they show all the drugs.

Stuff was in his desk. "His desk" with his passport. Nobody else would have put top secret docs in his desk.

His own stupidity.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oath Keepers attorney arrested on Jan. 6 charges

An attorney for the far-right Oath Keepers militia was arrested in Texas Thursday on charges related to the Capitol riot, the Washington Post reports.

Driving the news: According to a court filing Wednesday, Kellye SoRelle was indicted on four counts — conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, trespassing on restricted grounds and tampering with documents.

The big picture: The filing notes that in Dec. 2020 through Jan. 2021, SoRelle “did knowingly combine, conspire, confederate, and agree with other persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury, to corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding, that is, Congress’s certification of the Electoral College vote.”

It adds that on Jan. 6, 2021, SoRelle "did, corruptly obstruct, influence, and impede an official proceeding" and that she aided and abetted others to do the same.

SoRelle was with the Oath Keepers' founder and leader — Stewart Rhodes — outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, per the Post.

On or about Jan. 6, SoRelle "did knowingly enter and remain" on restricted grounds, and on the following day she attempted to persuade other people to withhold or destroy records "with intent to impair the objects' integrity and availability for use in such a Grand Jury investigation."

Worth noting: SoRelle was temporarily designated acting president of the Oath Keepers upon Rhodes' arrest earlier this year, CBS News reported.

SoRelle told CNN in May that she was cooperating with the Justice Department in their investigation into Jan. 6.

SoRelle could not immediately be reached for comment.

What's next: SoRelle will make her first appearance in court before a federal judge in Austin, Texas Thursday, per the Post.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/01/oa...XzbvIWmg7gOoKvCOh6ZaLkU6vFKj31xxuJaV0x3s

What is it they say about when you lie down with dogs?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Former NYPD officer receives longest sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant to date

Washington — The former New York Police Department officer convicted of assaulting law enforcement during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced to 10 years in prison, a federal judge ruled Thursday, the longest prison sentence so far imposed in the sprawling investigation.

Thomas Webster, who is also a Marine Corps veteran, was convicted by a jury in May on multiple charges stemming from his membership in the mob, including assaulting officers and violent and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Mehta handed down a sentence of 120 months in prison and 36 months of supervised release, in deference to Webster's 25 years of service as a police officer and Marine and and his later signaling of remorse for his actions.

Webster was released on 24-hour home detention following the guilty verdicts, but prosecutors asked Judge Amit Mehta to impose the stiffest sentence yet — up to 210 months behind bars — in the hundreds of Jan. 6 prosecutions that have made it to sentencing.

In court documents filed ahead of Thursday's sentencing, the Justice Department argued Webster "spearheaded" a breach against the police line on the Capitol's west front and was responsible for "disgracing a democracy that he once fought honorably to protect and serve."

"Notwithstanding his background and training, Webster did not try to de-escalate the situation or leave the premises," the government wrote, "Instead, he led the charge. Webster spent eight minutes elbowing his way through the densely packed crowd so that he could position himself at the front of the mob."

But in pre-sentencing documents of his own, Webster disavowed claims of fraud in the 2020 election and included a letter of support from a friend who blames former President Trump for "despicable lies."

Noting the defendant turned himself in to investigators shortly after the attack, Webster's defense attorney James Monroe conceded that his client's crimes were "unmistakably violent and reprehensible," but asked the court to consider his history as a father, officer, and Marine.

In court on Thursday, Mehta urged the public to consider Webster's case in the context of ongoing threats to democracy.

"We simply cannot have a country where people on the losing side of an election think you can use violence to change the result," he said.

"You contributed to one of the darkest days in the history of the country," Mehta told Webster.

Webster's sentencing, which was lower than the maximum, acknowledged the defendant's prior service. "I don't think you are a bad person. I think you got caught up in the moment," Mehta said. "And getting caught up in the moment has consequences."

Webster's trial spanned four days and hinged on conflicting accounts of the altercation between Webster and District of Columbia police officer Noah Rathbun outside the Capitol building on Jan. 6.

Prosecutors said that on the morning of the attack, Webster made his way to the front of the crowd of Trump supporters assembled at the law enforcement perimeter meant to protect the lawmakers inside the Capitol.

After crossing onto restricted grounds, the government alleged Webster yelled at one of officers, "You f***ing piece of [censored]. You f***ing Commie motherf***ers, man." He then allegedly used the flagpole against the officer, swinging over the police line.

The government accused Webster of tackling Rathbun to the ground, pushing against his gas mask, and ultimately pinning the officer to the group, attacks that were captured on police bodycam and open-source videos.

"He threw me to the ground," Rathbun told the jury. "I didn't provoke this encounter.

But Webster's description of the event was far different — he claimed he was the victim of a "rogue" police officer who had "punched" him in the face, a claim Rathbun flatly denied.

Mehta later called this account "utterly fanciful" ahead of sentencing Thursday. Webster, visibly emotional, apologized to Rathbun, who was in the room at the time.

Ultimately, the jury only took hours to conclude otherwise, finding Webster guilty on all counts.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6-thomas-webster-sentencing-assaulting-law-enforcement/

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
How is trump not like a crime boss again?

Trump says he will ‘look very favorably’ at pardons, apologies for Jan. 6 rioters if elected

Former President Trump said he would be looking “very seriously” into full pardons for those charged in connection with storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, if he decides to run for a second term and wins the 2024 presidential election.

In an interview with conservative radio host Wendy Bell on Thursday, Trump further stated that he would consider it “very strongly and very favorably.”

The 45th president also shared that he was “financially supporting” some of the defendants who were in his office just days ago.

“I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” Trump added.

“It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them. What they’ve done to these people is disgraceful,” he said.

While Trump teased a potential 2024 run for the presidency, he stopped short of announcing it during the interview.

When asked by Bell if he would announce his run on the show, the former president shared, “Well the time is coming closer and I think you’re gonna be really happy. You have campaign finance laws that [don’t] allow you to … it’s crazy. It’s not smart. If you say it, everything changes and you have reporting and you have all things. But I will be doing something and I think you’re going to be happy.”

A Trump spokesperson did not immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment on how exactly he is supporting the Jan. 6, 2021, riot defendants.

Trump’s comments come on the same day that President Biden is set to deliver a prime-time speech from Philadelphia about protecting democracy, in which he will warn that Americans’ rights and freedoms are “under attack,” according to a White House official.

It’s unclear whether Biden will explicitly mention Trump during his Thursday address, but plans for the speech suggest he’ll at least allude to the former president and his false claims about the 2020 election.

The former president reiterated recent comments he made at a Faith and Freedom event in Nashville, Tenn., last month where he said the defendants charged in the Capitol riot had their “lives destroyed,” claiming that most had been “charged with parading through the Capitol.”

Trump’s comments calling for pardons have also been criticized by his close allies, most prominently by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who shared that he thought the idea of offering pardons to Capitol riot defendants was “inappropriate.” The former president responded, calling the South Carolina Republican a “RINO,” or “Republican in name only.”

To date, more than 860 people across the country have been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 riot. More than 350 have pleaded guilty to a variety of crimes. More than 115 have been incarcerated for their role in the riot.

https://thehill.com/homenews/362448...-apologies-for-jan-6-rioters-if-elected/

Assault a police officer? No problem. Threaten to hang the vice president? No problem. Try to interfere with the certification of a presidential election? No problem. Just as long as you do it in the name of trump.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Now there video from Georgia showing a fake elector allowing access to voting machines by trump operatives.

trump has demonstrated his firm belief that he is above the law. He has done everything possible to throw an election.

Even his appointed Attorney General Barr and Pompeo his Secretary of State has come out against him.

Every citizen in the United States should turn of this criminal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Now there video from Georgia showing a fake elector allowing access to voting machines by trump operatives.

Link?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
[censored] has demonstrated his firm belief that he is above the law. He has done everything possible to throw an election.

Not only that, he just recently dangled "pardons and apologies" to Jan 6th rioters. You know- those 'people' who treated the U.S. Capitol the same way Watts rioters treated LA storefronts back in '65. You know- the 'people' who smashed their way inside, the 'people' who erected a public gallows to hang the sitting VP, the 'people' who stole the House Speaker's podium. The same 'people' who smeared their own feces on the walls of America's seat of governance. Yep- those 'patriots.' He's promised to let them off... and issue a formal (I assume official) apology to them- IF he makes it back to the White House. "Break the law for me and my interests, and I'll make sure you never have to pay for it."

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? "If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them. I'll pay the legal fees-"

Too bad he doesn't even pay his own personal lawyers. Good luck holding him to his word to pay Joe Rube's lawyer fees. But that's a side issue for another convo.

Even his appointed Attorney General Barr and Pompeo his Secretary of State has come out against him.

So has virtually everyone who spent time in/near The Oval in the 4 years he shambled his way through that post.

The list of tell-all books is exhausting. And each individual perspective paints the same portrait of the man, seen through different lenses. Not one single memoire paints him in a positive light. Dozens of people- all (loosely) aligned to one central figure for their own reasons... telling us the same story about his character, time after time, after time, after time- the book has (literally) been written on this man for 4 decades- and these newest revelations only give us new levels of (excruciating) detail into what we've always known.

bone- it's happening right in front of our faces. People are openly breaking the law to elevate this person. They will risk going to jail, doing things for him that they would never do for anyone else, under any circumstance. I've seen this in small-scale instances (Jim Jones, Branch Davidians), I've seen it on an international isolated level (Sun-Myung Moon), but I've never seen anything on this scale before.

I saw through this guy the first time I ever laid eyes/ears on him.
My Dad was a cop- and taught me how to spot a confidence game before I'd even had my first kiss from a girl.

Dad also taught me this lesson: "Never call out the trick behind the booth at the county fair, Bobby. You could get beat up by a carney- or some rube who loves his favorite booth."

That's why I'm no longer trying to talk to TrumpHumprz about what They Boy iz up to.
I see it. They don't.

That's enough to direct my efforts elsewhere.

DT Trump Fans will have to find out about him on their own.
If they are ever ready to truly see him.

pfffffft.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by bonefish

Link?

Bro- go watch some TV news.
It's literally everywhere.

I've seen the same grainy GA county-ass footage from at least 6 different outlets.

Legend
Legend
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/poli...-breach-coffee-county-georgia/index.html

In addition fact check who these people were. The guys carrying the bags. Who they worked for and what happened after they left.

There was a consolidated effort in Wi, Az, Ga, Mi, Pa, with this fake electors scheme. trump gave rudy his marching orders.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The amazing part of it all is they refuse to look anywhere that something like this may be reported, which as you mentioned is almost everywhere with video proof. They shield themselves from it as if they are avoiding the plague. Is it any wonder they believe that these things are made up and they don't know what's really going on and has gone on?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p6

Link Copied to Clipboard