Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
that's freaking tragic. so many things to question here. one of them of course being: who was the law abiding gun owner who allowed their weapon to be easily accessible to minors?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
2-year-old was in backseat during road-rage shooting caught on video, Texas cops say

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-old-backseat-during-road-124538317.html

GTA has nothing on real life in the US.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You know how it works. They want all of the rights with none of the responsibility.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just finished this article.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/17/opinions/gun-violence-killing-american-dream-charlton/index.html

It really hit home. As bad as I feel about Jan 6th and trump. Nothing compares to school shootings. For people like SB and others that support sick people like Alex Jones. It is more than disturbing.

I have two grandsons that I live with one 10 the other 16. When Uvalde happened I could hardly look at them. I could not watch the profiles of those kids from Uvalde. Could not watch the coverage on tv. Did not want to see the parents. I felt useless and really like a failure. I feel a responsibility.

How has this country allowed this to happen? How have we gotten to this place where a gun is the answer? Why should we feel if you are out in a public place you may be at risk?

In all my years I never would have thought Jan 6th possible. The president for over three hours while the capitol is attacked by militia types carrying guns sits and watches tv allowing it to continue? And people support that goon.

What is wrong with us? I have lost a lot of faith in this country. If I was not in the situation I am in age wise and circumstances. I would leave and move to Canada.

School starts Monday here. And i am nauseous about my grandsons going into 4th grade and 10th grade. It should not be that way. But I can not forget we live in the United States. A place where sick people can get guns as easy as buying bubble gum.

Legend
Legend
Alex Jones the hero of SB is in a trial.

It is my sincere hope he loses everything he has and gets put behind bars where he belongs.

He is the worst kind of human being and should be denied air to breath.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
His Free Speech company is filing for bankruptcy per Yahoo. Not totally unsurprising. I imagine he’s going to have things structured in such a way to avoid giving out any substantial payments to the victims’ families to the maximum extent.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They are going after $150m.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/media/alex-jones-free-speech-systems-bankruptcy/index.html

I hope he doesn't have money for toilet paper.

A truly vile person

Legend
Legend
https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/20...nts-conspiracy-marquez-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn

"My son existed."

I can not imagine how Alex Jones can look in the mirror. SB and anyone who follows the damaging lies of that bag of pus should share his cell.

I hope the court exposes every hiding place of his money and takes away every cent he has.

Legend
Legend
bro i really can't believe this dude got caught bragging about the bankruptcy scheme to avoid paying out.

dude really is a scumlord.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Jones is beyond definition as a human.

But I fault his followers as well because they allow him to exist. People who buy into the garbage he puts out.

Can you anyone possibly imagine those parents and what they have been through and continue to go through?

Death threats from Jones's followers. Forced into hiding after their children were slaughtered in a elementary school.

It turns my stomach.

This is where laws can not possibly go far enough with punishment.

Legend
Legend
Today in court Jones was caught lying three times under oath.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/03/media/alex-jones-sandy-hook-trial/index.html

This is what evil looks like.

1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not criticizing, but I gotta ask............would this news be better served in one of the cuckoo threads rather than mass shooting. I get there is a connection to a mass shooting, but I think the topic is much broader than to isolate a single case. JMO.

Legend
Legend
No repjy

P
Legend
Legend
P
He so wants to be a ref on this board that he acts like he's one anyway. He can't help himself. It's an obvious control issue. He thinks this is his class room.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lies for profit.

This what lies look like. Not unlike the former lying president.

Not only can the government not stop school shootings. Guys like this pus bag are allowed to profit from shootings.

I hope they uncover every dime this scum is hiding and crush info wars.

Let the followers go dig through another dung pile.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
$49 million is not enough.

No amount of money is enough unless they took every cent he has. Lies for profit are real. Super Brown and people like him will continue to support him.

He will continue and to ask his followers for money and sell more lies.

If there was real justice he would be in a prison till he died there.

I can only hope that the publicity will damge his abilities to continue his lies.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sadly, many of his followers will just double down.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Just like the scumbag TRUMP- the right wing Republicans will NEVER give their guns away. If the law of the land stated turn in AR-15s and all such guns, JMHO they'd all be criminals before giving the guns up.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by hitt
Just like the scumbag TRUMP- the right wing Republicans will NEVER give their guns away. If the law of the land stated turn in AR-15s and all such guns, JMHO they'd all be criminals before giving the guns up.

For some reason, Pink Floyd's "Sheep" comes to mind.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I agree with that. I myself would be one of them. I don't own a AR-15, but would seek to own one if there was a real push for that. It would have to go through a lot of court hearing before it actually happened.

I trust government. I don't trust big brother.

Of the people, by the people, and for the people. It seems the "of" and "by" are less and less and it is more about "for" that has me concerned. A government that is about "what is good for you" isn't the government we want.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
i wouldn't have a problem. especially since i would faceroll any clown with a rifle with a simple 9mm, especially in a home invasion situation.

hell, in an open field i'd faceroll these losers. most of these gun nuts can't even shoot.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm not really sure what this has to do with Alex Jones? He was found to have committed defamation by lying and saying that Sandly Hook was staged. I know people always talk about free speech and I agree. But there are limits. Like slander and defamation. That's the case here and none of that has anything to do with taking anyone's guns.

If you really think it does, maybe you should be going after Alex Jones. I mean let's face it, him trying to be some spokesman for "they're trying to take your guns" while lying and using a crazy conspiracy theory and trying to accuse the families of children slain at a mass school shooting of helping stage the event as his victims isn't a good look nor good for people wanting to uphold their gun rights. Which I happen to be one of.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
They claim anyone who can buy a gun should be able to carry one around in public. Whether they know to handle and fire one or not.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
i wouldn't have a problem. especially since i would faceroll any clown with a rifle with a simple 9mm, especially in a home invasion situation.

hell, in an open field i'd faceroll these losers. most of these gun nuts can't even shoot.

Maybe to probably so.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Over 1,000 guns, ammo seized from home of Knox County brothers killed in police standoff

https://www.yahoo.com/news/over-1-000-guns-ammo-230451877.html

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations has seized more than 1,000 firearms and 140,000 rounds of ammunition from the property of two brothers who were fatally shot by law enforcement during a nine-hour standoff Saturday.

The Knox County Sheriff's Office said the brothers, identified as Randy Wilhelm, 56, and Bradley Wilhelm, 53, fired guns at law enforcement vehicles and planned to detonate a propane tank as a bomb rather than face capture before they were fatally shot confronting law enforcement officers.

The state Attorney General’s Office's Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations later seized more than 1,000 firearms and more than 140,000 rounds of ammunition from the family's property, located in Monroe Township in Knox County.

The firearms seized are primarily sporting shotguns and hunting caliber rifles and most of the ammunition is target ammunition for trapshooting, according to the Ohio Attorney General's office, which oversees BCI.

The confrontation began around 11:30 p.m. Friday when Knox County Sheriff's office deputies responded to a shots fired call on Gilchrist Road near the village of Howard in Monroe Township, about 50 miles northeast of Columbus.

The sheriff's office said a bail bondsman called law enforcement and reported that his vehicle had been shot multiple times by a suspect. The bondsman was attempting to apprehend Randy Wilhelm, who had failed to appear in Knox County Common Pleas Court on a $100,000 bond, authorities said.

Wilhelm has been under indictment since 2020 for charges including intimidation, menacing by stalking, bribery, felonious assault and domestic violence. On Aug. 2, he failed to appear in court for his jury trial and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Knox County Sheriff's deputies initially obtained a search warrant issued by the Mount Vernon Municipal Court to search for and seize Randy Wilhelm and all firearms present on the property. During the ongoing investigation involving Wilhelm, detectives had received multiple tips that he had a stockpile of firearms and ammunition, that he had made threats that he would not be arrested and had the skills as a well-known trap shooter and proficient marksman to defend himself, authorities said.

Deputies requested assistance from outside agencies while responding to the scene, including BCI, the Ohio Highway Patrol, Mount Vernon police, Richland and Delaware county sheriff's offices, and Marysville police Special Response Team. Armored vehicles were provided for entering the property, and three of the vehicles were struck by gunfire from the two brothers, according to authorities.

During the standoff, authorities said a bulk propane truck was moved next to one of the houses on the property. They said Randy Wilhelm had previously threatened to use the propane tanker as a bomb if law enforcement attempted to apprehend him.

Ohio Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Brice Nihiser said Sunday the suspects shot at an agency helicopter, but did not strike it. The brothers are believed to have fired multiple shots during the standoff, but investigators were still trying to determine how many Monday.

“Any time we’re shot at, that definitely escalates things,” Nihiser said.

Around 9:20 a.m. Saturday, the brothers were riding side by side in a utility ATV toward officers who were outside of an armored vehicle when they were fatally shot by law enforcement officers, authorities said.

“When law enforcement attempted to stop the suspects, an officer-involved shooting occurred,” Knox County Sheriff's Capt. Jay Sheffer said at a news conference Saturday.

At the request of Knox County Prosecutor Chip McConville, BCI continued the firearms search and their investigation is ongoing.

To date, the BCI has been requested to investigate 40 officer-involved shootings in Ohio in 2022. In 2021, the BCI investigated 69 officer-involved shootings; in 2020, 50, in 2019, 26 and in 2018 they investigated 20 officer-involved shootings, an attorney general spokesperson said.

_______

here's my favorite part:

Knox County Sheriff's deputies initially obtained a search warrant issued by the Mount Vernon Municipal Court to search for and seize Randy Wilhelm and all firearms present on the property. During the ongoing investigation involving Wilhelm, detectives had received multiple tips that he had a stockpile of firearms and ammunition, that he had made threats that he would not be arrested and had the skills as a well-known trap shooter and proficient marksman to defend himself, authorities said.

if these are the kind of clowns who would be participating in the civil war, we have nothing to worry about. all that ammo and "skills", yet couldn't do crap with it. as i've repeatedly said, i would wreck these 2A gun nuts in a gunfight. people swear they bad asses until they face somebody who actually shoots back.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Paper Rambo’s.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Alex Jones is back in a trial.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/20...trial-testimony-darcy-earlystart-vpx.cnn

They asked an FBI agent if it was real.

The pain this bag of pus Alex Jones has caused is atrocious.

I hope everything he has is taken from him. If there is hell I want him there.

O
Legend
Legend
O
14-year-old boy dies after quintuple shooting outside Roxborough High School, police say

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- A 14-year-old boy has died after a quintuple shooting outside of Roxborough High School on Tuesday. The Philadelphia Police Department says the shooting happened shortly before 4:45 p.m. on the 300 block of Fairway Terrace.

Investigators say all five victims were football players. They were shot after walking off the field following a scrimmage involving Roxborough High School, Northeast High School and Boys Latin Charter School.

According to police, a green Ford Explorer drove up and fired multiple shots at the victims and then fled the scene. Police say there were at least two shooters.

"The biggest piece of this is that there is a 14-year-old that is doing again what students do, have football games at the end of the day," Philadelphia First Deputy Commissioner John Stanford said. "One of the things we encourage our kids to do. And for him not to make it home so there's a family today -- again not taking anything away from the other families -- but there's one family that their son won't make it home today and that is the big part of this."

A 14-year-old boy was shot once in the left side and later died at the hospital.

Another 14-year-old boy was shot once in his left thigh. Police say he's stable at Einstein Medical center.

A 17-year-old boy was shot once in his right arm and three times in his left leg. He is stable at Temple University Hospital.

The condition of the fourth victim is unknown at this time, police say.

The fifth victim was treated on scene for a graze wound.

Stanford's message to parents is to talk to their kids about the finality of gun violence.

"Have a conversation about what this means. Death is final," Stanford said. "I know a lot of kids see things, they see TV, they hear things, but I don't know how many of them understand this is final. Death is final. You don't come back from that."

No arrests have been made.

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/roxborough-high-school-shooting/

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

The Sandy Hook shooter was given life rather than the death penalty after being found guilty. I know many people aren't fond of the death penalty, but if this isn't a case where the death penalty should have been used, what is?

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c

The Sandy Hook shooter was given life rather than the death penalty after being found guilty. I know many people aren't fond of the death penalty, but if this isn't a case where the death penalty should have been used, what is?

I believe you mean Parkland.

The Sandy Hook shooter ate his own bullet.

That said, Cruz needs his neck stretched.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, my mistake. You seem to feel exactly as I do. I'm one who thinks the death penalty should be used sparingly. But in this case I see no reason this man shouldn't be sentenced to death.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yes, my mistake. You seem to feel exactly as I do. I'm one who thinks the death penalty should be used sparingly. But in this case I see no reason this man shouldn't be sentenced to death.

I think we should have a higher standard of "beyond a reasonable" doubt for capital punishment. I don't think there is any question in anyone's mind that Cruz did what he was convicted over. I am all for allowing an appeal in capital cases, but this one should have been a death penalty, the appeal should be quick and and the final execution of the sentence done without delay.

Frankly I'd be happy to see him tossed into a wood chipper feet first.

3 members like this: dawglover05, FATE, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
5 dead, including off-duty officer in Raleigh mass shooting; 15-year-old suspect in custody

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Raleigh Police Department said a 15-year-old was responsible for the mass shooting that killed 5 people and injured 2 others Thursday night.

The shooting started around 5 p.m. in the Hedingham neighborhood near Osprey Cove Drive and Bay Harbor Drive.

Raleigh Police Chief Estella Patterson said Friday morning that the crime scene spanned around 2 miles across the neighborhood.

The suspect first shot two people in the streets of the neighborhood before running toward the Neuse River Greenway Trail, where he opened fire, killing three more people and wounding two others, according to Patterson.

Witnesses said the suspect was armed with a long gun, but investigators have not released any confirmation or specifics about the weapon.

Still, terror spread through the city for hours as the suspect remained at large for hours with police calling it an active shooter situation.

Shortly after 9:30 p.m., the teen was taken into custody at Old Milburnie Road and McConnel Oliver Drive. He had life-threatening injuries when he was brought in -- by Friday morning, investigators said he was in critical condition at WakeMed.

Investigators have not said if the suspect injured himself or was injured by officers taking him into custody. His identity has also not been released.

Another thing that remains unknown at this point is the shooters motive. RPD said officers continue to investigate and will release a 5-day report as is customary for incidents like this.

"Today we're sad, we're angry and we want to know the answers to all the questions," Gov. Roy Cooper said Friday. "I think we all know the core truth - no neighborhood, no parent, no child, no grandparent, no one should feel this fear in their communities - no one."

According to the Associated Press, this event wast he 25th mass killing in 2022 in which the victims were fatally shot. A mass killing is defined as when four or more people are killed (not including the perpetrator).

In North Carolina, this marks the 123 mass shooting event since 2013. In total, that violence has resulted in 128 deaths and 463 injuries.

Five people died in the shooting, including an off-duty police officer.

Two other people were injured in the shooting -- one of them remains in the hospital with critical injures; the other, who has been released from the hospital, is an officer.

Reaction to shooting

"My heart is heavy because we don't have answers as to why this tragedy occurred," Patterson said Friday morning during a press conference. "But what I can tell you is that the Raleigh Police Department and the Raleigh community is resilient and we stand strong and we will heal."

Many people are still just trying to process what all unfolded in that neighborhood.

"There are several families in our community waking up this morning without their loved ones," Raleigh Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin said. "No one can imagine what they're all going through."

ABC11 spoke with one neighbor who can't believe what happened.

"Right now I'm just confused, you know? Quiet neighborhood. I ain't seen so much violence like this in a minute, man. Just shocking, man, you know?" Lavarius Thompson said.

Another resident who spoke to ABC11 said the neighborhood was in shock.

"A lot of police activity, honestly I was actually in the house with my child, my oldest child, and we were hearing a lot of sirens and it was like, kind of alarming because it was more than a couple," Victoria McGraw said. "The most alarming part had to be my youngest daughter, she was with her dad, and he just kept calling me, like what was going on, and he was seeing a flood of police officers coming in and that's when I looked outside and there were police officers up and down the street."

Governor Roy Cooper addressed the city Friday in the press conference with the police chief.

"Today we're sad, we're angry and we want to know the answer to all the questions," Gov. Cooper said. Flags are also at half-staff to mourn the victims.

Law enforcement response

It took a big effort from multiple agencies to arrest the suspect.

Several agencies, along with the Raleigh Police Department responded and were on the ground engaging in the manhunt until the suspect was in custody.

https://abc11.com/raleigh-nc-active...5Plvu2UZ0XsZyniv65aTzDzXn7sIONbeknPn-3y0

Thoughts and prayers...... I mean that seems to be stopping these mass shottings in their tracks, right?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Texas Is Giving Parents DNA Kits So Kids Can Be ID’d After Shootings

The program goes into effect less than a year after the Uvalde massacre, when parents had to provide samples to identify their deceased children

TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS are set to begin providing parents with DNA and fingerprinting kits to aid in identifying their children in the event of an “emergency.” The program, which was set in motion following the 2013 Santa Fe High School shooting, is coming into implementation less than a year after one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history took place at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

According to local news station KTRK, 3.8 million optional kits are expected to be distributed to parents of children attending kindergarten through 8th grade as part of the program. The kits will allow parents to keep a description, saliva sample, and fingerprints on file for their child that can then be turned over to authorities should they need to be identified.

Following the killing of 19 children and two teachers at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, reports emerged that the bodies of some children had been so disfigured by the shooter that DNA was required to establish their identity. Providing parents with DNA kits to preempt a similar situation was not well received by some Texas parents. “It’s like wiping your ass before you take a [censored],” Brett Cross, who’s son Uziyah Garcia was killed in Uvalde, wrote on Twitter. “Let’s identify kids after they’ve been murdered instead of fixing issues that could ultimately prevent them from being murdered.”

The Lone Star State has had a decade punctuated by devastating mass shootings, Texas leaders have received widespread criticism for implementing stop-gap measures, like requiring students in some school districts to use clear backpacks, all while rolling back restrictions on firearms sales and possession. Despite reports that the Uvalde shooter purchased the two AR-15-style rifles he used to carry out the shooting days after turning 18, and carried out the massacre within days of the purchase, Texas Governor Gregg Abbott refused to entertain the notion of raising the age minimum, or implement other protective restrictions on firearm sales.

As reported by Rolling Stone, in the aftermath of Uvalde, lawmakers and GOP strategists directed pundits and lawmakers to pivot away from talk of gun control at any cost. “Ignore guns, talk inflation,” read one prep memo created for a GOP senate candidate.

The moment is not over for the families of mass shootings, and it’s not over for the parents who are sending their children to school fearing that on any given day they may not come home. In Texas, many of those parents will now be keeping their child’s DNA sample alongside birth certificates and medical records.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...s-dna-kits-kids-id-shootings-1234614130/

P
Legend
Legend
P
There you go bringing up the children again. Why do you care so much about children?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
At least 5 killed in shooting at LGBTQ club in Colorado

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-springs-club-q-mass-shooting/index.html

Same story, different day.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
At least 5 killed in shooting at LGBTQ club in Colorado

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-springs-club-q-mass-shooting/index.html

Same story, different day.

Classless.

P
Legend
Legend
P
But did he send thoughts and prayers first?

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard