Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
It does seem like you are already making excuses for the guy you said was better (between brisset and baker) - brisset, the career backup.

I have never said any such thing. I have been ignoring lie after lie from you. Yet you won't stop lying. This is the last time I speak to you. Go talk to your brother, Pit. You are two of a kind.

bonefish #1964062 08/20/22 05:36 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's not everyone. It's the BM Club. Hijacking thread after thread w/their BS!

bonefish #1964066 08/20/22 07:43 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by bonefish
We have not played a single game with Jacoby Brissett.

Not sure how people seem to be thinking we will play poorly.
There is a gameshow called blanktest, (their name not mine) but the host always says, "the answer is somewhere on the screen"
well the answer is somewhere on the screen. ^^
Everyone wants to be pretend to be a gypsy fortune teller. Football shows "this team will win these games and end up with this record." mmmm

I wonder who picked the Bengals to be in the Super Bowl. Ya see so much is placed upon last year. That alone is strange given that each team churns about a third of their roster each season. Let alone injuries or how some players play worse and some better.
Nobody in the World can win if they are the first time in the first year of joining a team, .. and that team doesn't have any Wr's especially ones that had already been on that new team also. ,(so you can take HOF'er Kurt Warner off the table), when they're up against teams that keep their playmakers together for continuity.

Throw in the fact that the league is based upon parity. You see that every week with how close the games are. How many come down to a few plays or a field goal.

Yet evryone knows the outcome before the season begins? Really.

I will wait to see how we look when we play a real game. Then the next one and so on and so forth.
We'll all wait for that too, of course.
but I know one thing.
First year quarterback? Have ya seen that before?
I have, We know how it goes, it doesn't go well.

( It doen't matter if it was a veteran or a draft pick. Jeff Garcia?
Will Jacoby Brissett be better than Jeff Garcia was while on the Browns? banghead
it's going to be so PEACHY, so much to look forward to for the rest of the weeks of the year.

Is it OK for the Haslams' to not have learned that Continuity matters after ummm 8 or 9 years of owning the team???

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Can Brissett find open receivers? If he can we should be fine.

I haven't watched enough of JB to speak w/any authority. It appears that he is good in short stretches, for example 2-4 games. However, problems occur over the long term. I think we could have been okay w/a 4 game suspension. Had a chance if Judge Robinson's decision honored. But, I don't feel real good about 11 games. Again, not speaking w/authority. I haven't watched enough of him to be certain.

But yet you've watched enough to tell us all he won't turn the ball over, and won't take sacks?

Here's a little insight: If you can be good in 1 or 2 games, you can be good in all of them.

It does seem like you are already making excuses for the guy you said was better (between brisset and baker) - brisset, the career backup.

That is terrible insight.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Except, I hardly reply to you, and when I do, it's not a lie. But, you have your go to excuse: call people liars.

1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
To be dead honest, I read or skim about half of the posts directed at you in an argumentative tone. No way I'm spending two hours a day reading those bro, I don't know how you do it. Additionally, you may not have noticed because you tend to lump me in with those attacking you daily, but I don't do a lot of 'piling on' anywhere except in PP. I usually only get that way in here on the things that I personally think or feel strongly about, then I usually just say my piece and then dip out. But I do jump in on you and others when I see something I really dislike, like when a few told me that you harassed them in PMs or accused you of bullying them. Being one of the regular oldtimers on here I feel things like that, intervening or taking up for a noob, are necessary from time to time. And just so you know, I do some reflecting whenever I get hit (criticized) from all directions at once on DT. Because just like you, I am a strong personality too, until you know how to take me or add me to your ignore list that is. I can get emotional, overbearing, and downright nasty with others when I'm mad, or when I feel passionate about a specific view or outcome, and or attacked. But you can get like that too, as well as several others here. The majority of the board comes in to get the news and chit-chat while jumping through their favorite forums. There are only about a dozen-or-so of us that go hard, and often too hard.

These newer guys getting scrappy on here right now have been members for a while, but they never posted much until something hit them in the feels and made them speak up. Pit has been on you for a minute, but he's one of us loud oldtimers too. Just like arch, Fate, Eve, and a handful of others that I can't recall at this second, they can go hard at times too, but it's all more or less over us having different points of view for the most part. Sometimes differences in our value systems, strong beliefs, upbringings, geography, civic views, political views, religious views, and individual biases come into play in the arguments too, but those occur much less often than just plain old differences in opinion.

I bring all of this up to explain why those guys want people fired, why you disagree, and why I don't care. It's because we all have our own opinions. And if we're being completely honest with each other, all of those varying opinions should be welcomed everywhere and treated with a modicum of mutual respect. But we are living in a highly emotionally charged time right now and things are a fair bit more heated than usual, and that is most of what has been going on with all the conflict for several years on parts of the board and at least eight months to a year in PF. Last year's struggles, various events, and serious changes split the fanbase. So, it's probably going to take some serious winning to bring the majority of us back to the same page as fans. For me, it's no different than a lot of things right now. People are high-strung, emotionally charged, running low on giving a crap, and even lower on mutual respect. It is what it is.

I was pissed about the way DW was brought in and felt like Baker didn't deserve the treatment he took. But that's old news now. As far as DW, I did want some sort of punishment. Now, I just want him to redeem himself both on and off the field. I also hope the shrink can fix this kid because it's obvious he's broken and we need $230 mil worth of top 5 play out of him while not repeating his mistakes or somehow making things worse. I also think he's guilty of being a sexual predator and may have a mental addiction to this type of behavior. However, at the end of the day, he's a young man but still a kid deserving a 2nd chance as long as there are no new issues. After everything that has come out, I'm honestly surprised he made it past the grand jury. So, those wanting him here should probably count their blessing that he is even here and just let the people who want to rant, rant. Here's a hint for you though, rants tend to end when nobody will listen or respond. Just an FYI. Smh, I have no idea how Purp puts up with us.

One last thing, when I said:
So if we suck ass this year, everybody gets a pass, right? That's kind of what I take from your post. So far I've seen in various posts that KS, JB, DW, and basically the offense as a unit seem to be getting a year to figure it all out since DW is suspended. Yet when I said I thought this would be a wasted year, I got criticized.
I was just thinking that the new consensus looked a whole lot like the thoughts I posted and was criticized for. Hell, I don't even remember who all criticized me for that. And other than what I just posted, I want no part of getting in between you and those other guys right now. Just saying.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/21/22 01:52 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know what the CLT market is.

Throw, when the idea of bringing NFL football to the Carolinas was first introduced, the team was supposed to be shared by Charlotte and Columbia, SC. They are about 1 hr. 15 min to 1 hr 30 min. apart.

The people of Columbia were miffed when the stadium was built in Charlotte. Also, Columbia is home to the University of South Carolina and the folks down here love their Gamecocks. There are plenty of Panther fans here, but the city as a whole are much more interested in collegiate sports than pro sports.

No doubt college football is deep rooted in the south. No doubt the idea with Carolina was to be a somewhat shared experience, but once everything settledeverything was on the north side of the state line.

Carolina is probably due a new stadium, and to beat the heat it will probably be a dome. When that day comes it would be smart to locate it in Rock Hill. S.C. I think they tried to do something similar with the training facility and team Hdqtrs...whatever happened to that? Is that still happening?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sure makes sense to me.

We most likely willl not win a game.

Ballpeen #1964108 08/21/22 07:28 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I remember hearing Rock Hill mentioned. It's in SC, but is closer to to Charlotte than Columbia. I haven't heard any news about it quite awhile, but I haven't been looking for that news. I have a feeling people have just accepted the locale or moved on.

Man, you are right about the dome thing. Columbia is one of the hottest places you will find. It's in a little bowl and the dew point is often upwards of 70. It can be oppressive. Charlotte is probably not as bad, but it's still has to be awfully hot in August and September for Panther home games.

Ballpeen #1964131 08/21/22 11:02 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't know what the CLT market is.

Throw, when the idea of bringing NFL football to the Carolinas was first introduced, the team was supposed to be shared by Charlotte and Columbia, SC. They are about 1 hr. 15 min to 1 hr 30 min. apart.

The people of Columbia were miffed when the stadium was built in Charlotte. Also, Columbia is home to the University of South Carolina and the folks down here love their Gamecocks. There are plenty of Panther fans here, but the city as a whole are much more interested in collegiate sports than pro sports.

No doubt college football is deep rooted in the south. No doubt the idea with Carolina was to be a somewhat shared experience, but once everything settledeverything was on the north side of the state line.

Carolina is probably due a new stadium, and to beat the heat it will probably be a dome. When that day comes it would be smart to locate it in Rock Hill. S.C. I think they tried to do something similar with the training facility and team Hdqtrs...whatever happened to that? Is that still happening?

I worked on building the Panthers stadium and lived in Rock Hill back in those days. It's hard to believe that they are looking to build a new stadium already.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1964134 08/21/22 11:07 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Rock Hill SC is 24 miles by car from Charlotte CLT airport, ( see, that's where the CLT abbrev. comes from).
They will not build a stadium 24 miles by car from the major airport it has to use, not in a market no bigger than Carolinas' market. ( Maybe in Chicagos')
Rock Hill will not be the site of a new stadium.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not everyone. It's the BM Club. Hijacking thread after thread w/their BS!

Sure it is.....
I think Stefanski already proved that in his first year here. He saw what Baker's issues were and developed a scheme that played to his strengths and limited the number of times where his weaknesses would be exposed. Baker did pretty good w/the most time to throw in the league, a dynamic run game, box stacked to stop the run, play action passing, and boots. However, teams adjust over time and the big thing Ds did last year was take away the boots and make Baker beat them from the pocket.

You start more crap with your lies than anyone on this board. Everyone knows Baker was injured in 2021 and that's the reason things went awry. Your revisionist history is BS and you post it while blaming others who show you are wrong.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Rock Hill SC is 24 miles by car from Charlotte CLT airport, ( see, that's where the CLT abbrev. comes from).
They will not build a stadium 24 miles by car from the major airport it has to use, not in a market no bigger than Carolinas' market. ( Maybe in Chicagos')
Rock Hill will not be the site of a new stadium.

Okay

[Linked Image]

PitDAWG #1964140 08/21/22 11:22 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
[quote=Versatile Dog]Everyone knows Baker was injured in 2021 and that's the reason things went awry.

That second part is an opinion. In your opinion, that is why things went awry. In Vers' opinion, it was the other things he mentioned. If the Browns agreed with you, Baker would still be on the team or other teams would have been clamoring for his services. Baker had a lot of detractors even after 2020. People felt the Browns were winning with Baker and not because of him. A common narrative was "limit his throws and the Browns will win...if he has to throw more than 25-30 times/game, then the Browns chances of winning decreased significantly." The talking heads were basing this on what they saw on the field and what the stats bore out. None of that had to do with injury. The NFL recognized this as well and adjusted, injury or no injury. They sold out to stop the run, stopped falling for play action, kept Baker in the pocket, and eliminated bootlegs. Did the injury affect his ability to adjust to that? I respect anyone's opinion who thinks so, but considering there were concerns prior to the injury, my opinion is the injury made very little difference.

Rishuz #1964146 08/21/22 11:45 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, having a shoulder injury that impacts a QB every time he throws the ball having a huge impact oh his performance is an "opinion". I didn't really need purple for that did I?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The construction on the practice facility and headquarters in Rock Hill, SC has stopped, and the Panthers pulled out with it half-finished because the county and city was dragging their feet on their financial commitment. Panthers owner David Tepper is no push over in business being a billionaire hedge fund manager and the NFL's richest owner who is worth $6 billion more than the next man on the list with a net worth of 16.7 billion. I don't believe the new owner of the Broncos is figured into that list yet but as of April, Tepper was the richest.

It's just my opinion, as a Charlotte resident that North Carolina, the City of Charlotte, and surrounding area blew it originally when Tepper went south for his team facility and Headquarters. Now that South Carolina screwed the pooch, it's time for the area to step up and get that stuff built locally.

Going north to the area between UNC Charlotte and the Charlotte Motor Speedway would be perfect for the city, has the room, and could encompass the mass transit system just by extending the LYNX the remaining distance between UNC Charlotte and the racetrack like originally planned. It would also give the university the opportunity to play there too being so close and much larger than their current 13,000-seat stadium. There's also multiple Interstate(s) to access the area much like the racetrack.

“UNC Charlotte is the second largest institution in the UNC System,” the description reads with over 30,000 students enrolled. “UNC Charlotte is often confused with UNC Chapel Hill which often goes by UNC or mistaken as a community college.

There's no doubt that Tepper is going to build a new practice facility & headquarters in the very near future and a new stadium shortly after that. He also owns the Charlotte FC professional soccer team so keeping the group in Charlotte is important for the economy of the community. Where - is the biggest question now but I doubt that South Carolina is under any consideration anymore and it's up to North Carolina to get off their butts and work with Tepper to solidify the states commitment to the team. Tepper doesn't strike me as a person that has a lot of patience to play a waiting game and will get what he wants whether it's in Charlotte or not, IMO.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Rishuz #1964162 08/21/22 12:24 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is only my opinion - but it's perfectly possible and it might even be probable that the Browns viewed Baker as a top 15 - top 12 QB.... and they view Watson as a top 1-2-3 QB entering his prime. The statistical deep dive on Watson that has been posted is literally a Berry wet dream come true. His stats in clutch moments and other important criteria if you are analysis driven are next world. I think it'd make sense (setting aside any other issues) for the Browns to go hard after Russell Wilson who can also be a top 2-3-4 QB when healthy - and Watson even if they believed Baker to be above average or even good. Both truly elite QB's and both unusually available for top franchise level QB's.

I don't think for one second that the Browns FO trading for Watson is any indication what-so-ever that the injury didn't impact Baker last year. I think that's a huge stretch. I'll repeat - Before the injury Baker was completing 80%+ passes. After the injury it was 55% completion. I do not think Baker continues at 80% if he doesn't get hurt - those numbers are unsustainable - but I do think he is 8-9-10% higher than 55% for the rest of the year if healthy. And that doesn't account for confidence, getting happy feet and the fear of getting hit (and hurt because of the injury) in a collapsing pocket etc.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/21/22 12:27 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
bonefish #1964171 08/21/22 12:55 PM
Legend
Legend
In my opinion it is time to look at the Cleveland Browns roster as it is today.

Who is on the team and how we can win against the teams we play.

We now know who will play quarterback week one and who we play.

Frankly, I could give a **** about power rankings before a game has been played. Nor do I care about odds from Vegas.

I am working on the game plan against the Panthers.

Last year in MLB the Dodgers were considered unstoppable. Suppose to be one of the best teams ever. Up until August this year. The same was said about the Yankees.
=========================================================================================

That is the beauty of Sports. You have to play the games.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I remember hearing Rock Hill mentioned. It's in SC, but is closer to to Charlotte than Columbia. I haven't heard any news about it quite awhile, but I haven't been looking for that news. I have a feeling people have just accepted the locale or moved on.

Man, you are right about the dome thing. Columbia is one of the hottest places you will find. It's in a little bowl and the dew point is often upwards of 70. It can be oppressive. Charlotte is probably not as bad, but it's still has to be awfully hot in August and September for Panther home games.

I know Rock Hill is a stone throw away from Charlotte...I just don't think they are going to go as far away as Columbia. As you said, it's about the Gamecocks there, and past Rock Hill there isn't a whole lot until you get to Columbia.

I know what you mean about Columbia. I spent some time there on the job when they got backlogged. It is the eastern end of the southern heat belt...a swath running from there through Macon, Ga, Montgomery, Ala, Jackson Miss down to New Orleans. It's just a combination of heat and humidity that is hard for many people to understand.

Just like many chuckle when a place like Atlanta gets shut down with 2 inches of snow, the same down here happens when people in Chicago go bonkers when the temps hit 95. I mean that is a every day deal for 3-4 months down here.

My wife and I have joked for years that the weather people here in Chattanooga have a easy job in the summer. Just pin up "High around 95 with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms" and just take off from early June until a week after Labor Day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Ballpeen #1964412 08/22/22 12:14 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ahh Columbia, home of Ft. Jackson. Fond memories...

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Hammer #1964417 08/22/22 12:23 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Milk Man #1964428 08/22/22 01:28 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Maybe Garrett, Clowney or JOK can test that left shoulder on the turf a few times?

That said, I hope he'll be fine after playing us.

1 member likes this: FATE
Milk Man #1964433 08/22/22 01:38 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great to start the year with an easy win on the road. Because of the off season I've not re-upped my subscription for Sunday Ticket but being in CLT I'll get to watch this game at least.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Talk about being handed a job. What's the over under
On how many INTs Baker throws week 1?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Talk about being handed a job. What's the over under
On how many INTs Baker throws week 1?

At least 5. Maybe more. He's short. Can't read a D. Panics. Horrible accuracy. This D knows him and when the Defences figure him out he is trash. Panthers are bad and can't cover all his deficiencies like Stefanski and the Browns did... Minimum of 5

Last edited by mgh888; 08/22/22 02:39 PM.

2 members like this: FATE, WSU Willie
mgh888 #1964463 08/22/22 05:14 PM
Legend
Legend
All aboard the hyperbole train! Seriously, he'll probably have a decent game. I just hope he's in there needing a score to beat us with a minute left.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Panthers are favored by 1.5 points. I’ll be paying attention to that line.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

Browns reduce roster to 80 players
The Browns have waived five players.

Aug 22, 2022 at 05:11 PM

ClevelandBrowns.com

The Cleveland Browns have made the following transactions:

Waived:

--P Joseph Charlton

--S Luther Kirk IV

--T Wyatt Miller

--CB Parnell Motley (some what of a surprise over Hill who has been toast. )

--TE Marcus Santos-Silva

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 08/22/22 06:44 PM. Reason: Addition

[Linked Image]

jfanent #1964478 08/22/22 06:55 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
All aboard the hyperbole train! Seriously, he'll probably have a decent game. I just hope he's in there needing a score to beat us with a minute left.
There are several posters that have have basically said these things. And Browns do have a top level NFL roster that is loaded, and we have a QB who is supposed to be no worse than BM last year, with less turnovers. Panthers have a bottom 1/3 roster ... bottom 5 according to several leading sport media. This shouldn't be close. No excuses, right?

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
mgh888 #1964479 08/22/22 07:00 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
If only that’s how things worked.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
mgh888 #1964481 08/22/22 07:03 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by jfanent
There are several posters that have have basically said these things. And Browns do have a top level NFL roster that is loaded, and we have a QB who is supposed to be no worse than BM last year, with less turnovers. Panthers have a bottom 1/3 roster ... bottom 5 according to several leading sport media. This shouldn't be close. No excuses, right?

....but that train keeps a rollin, on down to San Antone.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
mgh888 #1964482 08/22/22 07:04 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
WE always lose the first game of the season except for one year. This would be a nice year to finally break that streak!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Homewood - Things have a way of finally reverting to the mean so hopefully we'll start this year and have a long history of winning the first game of the season going forward.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/22/22 07:17 PM.

mgh888 #1964487 08/22/22 07:18 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Hopefully. I mean we finally beat Detroit last season!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
WE always lose the first game of the season except for one year. This would be a nice year to finally break that streak!

We've never lost a game with Brissett at QB!

1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Sounds like excuses are already being made.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/22/22 07:23 PM.
FrankZ #1964490 08/22/22 07:24 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's true!! Maybe we'll have some better luck with him!!!

mgh888 #1964493 08/22/22 07:56 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
Great to start the year with an easy win on the road. Because of the off season I've not re-upped my subscription for Sunday Ticket but being in CLT I'll get to watch this game at least.

I'm pretty sure all directv customers got it for free. If not, they are giving it away with a phone call.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c:

Yes...yes they are.

1 member likes this: FATE
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c:

Eh, your 'boys' will win us 15 games this year. After all, JB is better and we have DW.......well, we don't have DW, but, at least baker is gone, right?

No excuses. You've told us repeatedly how much better Jacoby is than baker, injured, was.

I expect, due to your insight, 15 wins this season.

Your rep is on the line. Heck, I'll even go 10 wins.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Camp News

Link Copied to Clipboard