Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1964582 08/23/22 08:57 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Last year the Lions won three games.

Goff is there quarterback. So, I guess they will suck. Why bother to even play this season? They are "projected" to win 6.5 games this year. I am not sure what .5 games means.

I watched Hard Knocks. When you watch Hard Knocks what I like is the camera work. When you watch games you get a press box view. When you watch Hard Knocks you get a up close and personal view. You see how hard and fast football on the NFL level really is.

Watching a team that won three games. Don't tell them that. There are players on that team that are working their guts off. Hutchenson, you better have your chin strap tight against him. Player number 44 picked in the 6th round Rodriquez. That is a linebacker who will rattle you. This young man will make a mark in his first year.

Amon-Ra St. Brown pick 112 in 2021. In his first year 90 receptions 912 yards.

But of course when the Lions are playing some other team just go ahead and pencil in the loss.

All of these media people talking like oh this is the way it is. This team has no chance.

When you play a team in the NFL it is so easy to look at last year and somehow think that means this year. Every team works their butts off. There are great players on every team.

Watching Hard Knocks is a good reminder records can be deceiving. Last year the Bengals were in the Super Bowl.

And the Cleveland Browns who won eight games. They beat the Bengals twice.

Legend
Legend
I haven’t watched any of it besides the clips posted on the internet. It seems like they are an up and coming team (at least in attitude). I’m always interested to see a coach like Campbell (vocal, rah-rah, type A). They look the part, but when things don’t pan out I always wonder how long the players continue to drink the koolaid.

I can’t see them winning more than a few games with their QB situation

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I haven't watched it either. I canceled HBO and similar channels a few months ago.

I will say that although Dan Campbell took a ton of initial grief for his introductory PC, the guy has done a really good job. The Lions don't have much talent, but he had that team playing hard last year. I would have loved playing for that guy.

Legend
Legend
Lets Go Lions...sorry still a huge Hank Fraley fan, and I say Beau's smack talk is just fine. Go Beau.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't know the whole team. However, the players I mentioned were highlighted in the last episode.

Hutchenson was drafted second. I have no idea how he was not taken first. He looks like JJ Watt when he was drafted.

I do not have any idea how any team will do. After six games IMO you begin to get a feel. No doubt top quarterbacks make a difference.

When I look at the schedule I assume nothing. Lessons learned the hard way.

Hard Knocks is really enjoyable to me. It gives regular fans like myself a real look inside how hard the NFL is. The overall level of competition is insane.

Players who are good enough to make a paycheck in the NFL have my respect for what it takes to get there.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Dan Campbell is a national treasure.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Dan Campbell is a national treasure.

Dan Campbell is a goof, but he's a goof that seems to be getting stuff done.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Who has watched this season of Hard Knocks?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
we have been here.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Hard Knocks Lions

Link Copied to Clipboard