Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What's Johnson's contract like? When does it expire? Do you think he will be in line for a huge payday? Do you think Ford will move up and be the guy?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by FrankZ
What's Johnson's contract like? When does it expire? Do you think he will be in line for a huge payday? Do you think Ford will move up and be the guy?

Ford will make D'Ernest expendable (imo).

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Neither Johnson nor Hunt will be on the team next year.

That is what I am afraid of. We will dork around and lose both. That is why I would like to see us extend one now.

I am not sure if we could get comp picks for them? Maybe that is the plan if we can....at least that makes a little sense.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I’m curious to see Ford with our first string line. He really looked good to me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: lampdogg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Meant to post this here. I don't get this move by the Browns.

Legend
Legend
Hmm, interesting

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Maybe they are hoping to sneak him on to the practice squad later in the season. My guess is that Winovich goes to the IR.

Legend
Legend
J/c

Shouldn’t Mond have a little bit of knowledge about our offense already? Still some ties last year between Stefanski and that Vikings’ system I’d assume.

We certainly have a type that we’re looking for with skill set and the ability to move more than Baker offered us.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the Bengals claim for Asiasi going through, I wonder if that makes OJ Howard still available. I wouldn't want him starting, but, as a 3rd TE that blocks with a bit of pass catching upside, he could be a good fit. Especially if he can get and stay healthy.

As far as Asiasi, it's always annoying when players I've eyeballed go to division rivals.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think OJ Howard is not healthy. I heard he had a hard time running during camp.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree on Winovich heading to the IR to make room for Mond on the 53 man roster.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
I agree on Winovich heading to the IR to make room for Mond on the 53 man roster.

???

C
Legend
Legend
C

V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
Too bad for Rochelle. I know he was a big hit on Tik Tok (he and his wife). best of luck

M
Legend
Legend
M
Rochell released to make room for Mond. Barf.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V
Can't say I am feeling all warm and fuzzy right now.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I am a little confused. Does this mean that the names of those claimed off of waivers won't be announced until after 12 PM?

I believd that it means that waiver claims end at that time, and then the unclaimed players become free agents.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thank you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rochell released to make room for Mond. Barf.

...They needed someone to simulate Baker in practice. *shrug*

Fiercely Independent.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Our FO has focused on a 4th QB when we need serious help at WR...and TE...and DT.

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Our FO has focused on a 4th QB when we need serious help at WR...and TE...and DT.

Pretty sure AB can do more than one thing at a time.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Pretty sure AB can do more than one thing at a time.

We've been light at WR...TE...and DT since February.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Almost every year, there is one guy that excels in preseason, gets released, fans are confused/upset, and in the end, might never hear his name again. We'll see if it ends up being Rochell.

Tackles are tackles.
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Like I said before, our WR room is Cooper and AB draft picks. I doubt we do anything there until we see how Bell and Woods work out. We are light at DT but we have multiple DEs who can and have moved inside. We might all want some huge run stopper but AB and Woods don’t seem to want that.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Almost every year, there is one guy that excels in preseason, gets released, fans are confused/upset, and in the end, might never hear his name again. We'll see if it ends up being Rochell.

Just when I was finally at peace with KhaDarel Hodge being cut you say this!

I think with Rochell, it's not necessarily about releasing him, it's more about releasing him to make room for Mond. Rochell would likely be a serviceable player. If the Browns were looking for a bad QB, they could have signed a number of the bums out there to the PS rather than one to the active roster.

In the grand scheme though, neither player is going to make or break the season for the Browns.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

That would also mean he would be facing first round defenders. I understand what you're saying but one's opinion I believe should be measured with the opponents a player faced.

As it pertains to the OL. The Browns have a great OL. But one must ask about the C position. At this time that's a pretty big unknown as to the quality of play they will get at that position. And I do understand those that are saying with Botonio on side of the C and Teller on the other side they will be a big help. But what I don't think people are taking into consideration is that if they have to help compensate for the C position, how much will that impact them being able to get to the second level and doing their job as well at the same time? I mean realistically speaking you can't be doing two jobs at the same time.

The play they get from the C position may have a larger impact on the play from the G's than people are considering. You can't be getting to the second level if you're inside helping your C.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After Myles and Clowney, I'd rather give Wright and Thomas all the reps they can handle than have Rochell take them. Seemed like a decent player and good guy, but he is what he is at this point in his career.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I would like to see Ford get the chance to be our KR/PR
KR/PR is really weak for us following the Jakeem Grant injury

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I say we just throw Schwartz back there and give him an extra shot at keeping his locker. Maybe a few wins at kr/pr will wake him up. Next option would seem to be smelling salts, so it's worth a try.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1966499 08/31/22 05:48 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by FATE
I say we just throw Schwartz back there and give him an extra shot at keeping his locker. Maybe a few wins at kr/pr will wake him up. Next option would seem to be smelling salts, so it's worth a try.

With his hands, I'm not sure I like that idea. The return game has been a weak point for years, but it hasn't been catastrophic. Putting Schwartz back there may turn it into that.

Last edited by AZBrown; 08/31/22 05:50 PM.
1 member likes this: Jester
B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c:

Just when I was finally at peace with KhaDarel Hodge being cut you say this!

I think with Rochell, it's not necessarily about releasing him, it's more about releasing him to make room for Mond. Rochell would likely be a serviceable player. If the Browns were looking for a bad QB, they could have signed a number of the bums out there to the PS rather than one to the active roster.

In the grand scheme though, neither player is going to make or break the season for the Browns.

They could have. It looks like they want 3 QBs on the active roster.

I know there has been talk about having Dobbs packages to run. If we actually plan to do that, we probably want that 3rd guy active in case Dobbs gets dinged while running some RPO.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by AZBrown

With his hands, I'm not sure I like that idea. The return game has been a weak point for years, but it hasn't been catastrophic. Putting Schwartz back there may turn it into that.

I know, and it's hard to argue, I just want to accelerate a plan towards finding out if he has any value to this team.

He returned 15 KOs last year without incident. He wasn't terrible, but never really looked like a "threat" either.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1966506 08/31/22 06:43 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

I know, and it's hard to argue, I just want to accelerate a plan towards finding out if he has any value to this team.

He returned 15 KOs last year without incident. He wasn't terrible, but never really looked like a "threat" either.

You're thinking may be right in terms of getting him some confidence and finding out his place.

I just hope it'd be on KRs, not PRs.

I'm not sure, but I don't think he returned punts last year. I could be wrong.

KRs are almost obsolete nowadays anyway.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah. Why even bother? No sarcasm here.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
FATE #1966543 09/01/22 06:08 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't know if the problem with Schwartz is he can't catch or he can't track a moving ball but he is the last guy I want to see back there trying to return punts. I would rather put nobody back there and just try to block a few punts.

If Schwartz goes back in to punt return position, there better not be any rope handy because I might just opt to go hang myself.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Haha! I dont think we dare put Schwartz back to return punts. I think we’ll put Felton or DPJ back there … ugh

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Schwartz is attempting to overcome "fear"...

He loses focus on catching the ball and I don't see any evidence that he is making headway to overcome his issue. He was targeted 6 times in the Bears pre-season game and caught 1 pass for 8 yds.

Putting Schwartz out on the field to return punts and kickoffs...I don't see how such a move helps Schwartz overcome his pass catching problems.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1966576 09/01/22 11:52 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is it fear or is he just still doing a bunch of things for the first time in actual game action and thinking too much? He hasn't played a ton. He's still working his way up the learning curve.

I like how the new QBs pulled him aside and talked him through things while being supportive. It's not something I had seen a ton of.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Predicting the 53

Link Copied to Clipboard