Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Legend
Legend
O
Let it go, man. They'll never let this crap go with Trump facing jail time.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Swish #2000885 01/21/23 05:21 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
It wouldn't surprise me if the 'discovery" of the Biden papers was before the Trump raid in a effort to get ahead of the story. At least to provide a situation where neither man was charged by the DOJ. Now, if any effort is made to charge the former Preisdent, the DOJ would have to charge the sitting President as well.

I do find it troubling that the DOJ and White House conspired to put a hush on all of this or a good month or more until after the elections.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, that is not true at all. They will each individually be investigated, charged, prosecuted, and punished accordingly with the crimes each committed, not equally or else... Such a GOPer.

Legend
Legend
You can’t make this s up…oh wait they do make it up.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
They don't care about what's true. They just use a disclaimer like "it wouldn't surprise me". The FBI tried to get trump to comply with a subpoena for eight months before they felt there was no other way to get those documents than serve a search warrant. He turned over less than 40 of them and lied by saying that's all he had and his lawyers perpetuated that lie for him. There were still over 300 in his possession. Let's face it, they don't want to face the facts of what actually happened and try so hard to convince themselves of some conspiracy theory to try and make what trump did look less terrible.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
No, that is not true at all. They will each individually be investigated, charged, prosecuted, and punished accordingly with the crimes each committed, not equally or else... Such a GOPer.

I didn't say equally. I said if one is prosecuted, the same treatment would have to apply to the other.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet there is one caveat you seem to be ignoring. That is the matter of intent which is included in the law you wish to claim should be prosecuted in both cases. There is obvious intent in one case and possible intent in the other one. Through the investigation it may be proven that Biden knew he had these documents and his intent was to hide them and keep them or it may not be proven. In the case of trump he refused to turn them over, turned over a small amount and lied claiming he had turned them all over while still keeping over 300 in his possession. Then refused to comply with a subpoena for months until a search warrant had to be issued to get those documents. If it's proven that Biden knew those documents were there before turning them over you are certainly correct. trump on the other hand has proven the case by his own actions. Bigly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000943 01/21/23 02:29 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yet there is one caveat you seem to be ignoring. That is the matter of intent which is included in the law you wish to claim should be prosecuted in both cases. There is obvious intent in one case and possible intent in the other one. Through the investigation it may be proven that Biden knew he had these documents and his intent was to hide them and keep them or it may not be proven. In the case of trump he refused to turn them over, turned over a small amount and lied claiming he had turned them all over while still keeping over 300 in his possession. Then refused to comply with a subpoena for months until a search warrant had to be issued to get those documents. If it's proven that Biden knew those documents were there before turning them over you are certainly correct. trump on the other hand has proven the case by his own actions. Bigly.

What is the exact letter of the law and does intent matter?

"Sorry officer, you caught me driving drunk"
vs
"Sorry officer, I didn't intend to drive drunk but I didn't realize I was too broke for an Uber."

Still drunk driving. Still guilty.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
EveDawg #2000945 01/21/23 02:55 PM
Legend
Legend
No kidding. The only thing he didn't intend was somebody finding those documents. You don't "accidentally" pack up classified documents, bring them home, and then scatter them around your properties.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
EveDawg #2000946 01/21/23 02:58 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The actual part of the law that shows intent is needed in order to be a violation of this law is posted in this thread. The accountability factor certainly isn't the same. I didn't make the law. I'm not even saying that I disagree with you. I think you need to keep in mind that laws involving politics and politicians aren't always written the way they are for the rest of us. And those same laws help protect politicians on both sides. And I feel safe in saying that we both disagree with that.

#gmstrong
jfanent #2000947 01/21/23 03:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent
You don't "accidentally" pack up classified documents, bring them home, and then scatter them around your properties.

And who was it that did that again? You do understand that's what an investigation will help determine, right? Who packed them up? Under whose orders and how did they get there? It was actually Biden's lawyers who handed them over after they were found. I'm certainly interested in finding out the answers to those questions but I'm not one who tries to provide those answers before they are known.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000982 01/22/23 01:18 AM
Legend
Legend
You don't "accidentally" pack up classified documents, bring them home, and then scatter them around your properties.

And who was it that did that again? You do understand that's what an investigation will help determine, right? Who packed them up? Under whose orders and how did they get there?

The documents were in his possession and on his property, even his home. If someone else packed them up and brought them there, that doesn't lessen the severity of the situation. There's no accident or innocent mistake here.

It was actually Biden's lawyers who handed them over after they were found.

Biden's lawyers didn't hand over the documents discovered in Biden's home. They were found by FBI investigators and confiscated.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
PitDAWG #2000983 01/22/23 04:52 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

Intent can be a small factor, but it is still a crime for him to have the documents sitting in the garage. One also might look at the amount of time he has held the documents.

All of that aside and on to more just a question that has me a bit perplexed, and a serious question I can't get around.

Once the documents were discovered and known to exist, why isn't the FBI recovering these documents rather than the Presidents lawyers? The Presidents lawyers don't have top security clearance. It's not Ok for them to stumble upon them to review.

I am not saying anything nefarious is taking place. I am just wondering why the team of Biden lawyers is determining what is pertinent and what isn't might not be the best way to deal with top secret documents, and it does open the question of are they turning over everything, or sanitizing the scene?

This isn't about raiding the former President. I just don't get why top-secret documents aren't being handled by the FBI. And to be fair, I will say maybe they aren't top-secret. They are classified. Items receiving classified designation can seem rather innocuous compared to what most people might think.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
jfanent #2000992 01/22/23 09:28 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
They were found by FBI investigators and confiscated.

So .... to the point that some made earlier about equal treatment of Biden and Trump? Clearly Biden IS getting the same treatment, the infringement IS getting treated as seriously. . . . The difference? Biden is complying with and working with the authorities - Trump denied, lied, lied, denied and tried to get his lawyer to write a false statement.

But I guess now that Biden's transgression is demonstrably being treated in the same way - no one will want to focus on the differences, there'll be a new "gotcha" theme coming sometime soon initiated by Faux News.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/22/23 09:29 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2001005 01/22/23 10:35 AM
Legend
Legend
They’re not getting equal treatment here. Biden is straight up guilty and trump is well …the bad choir boy that took some sheet music.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think a part of it was the President talking about irresponsible, reckless behavior only to find he had documents sitting in various unsecure locations for maybe 6 years.

There is a degree of humor in that, no?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
jfanent #2001021 01/22/23 11:50 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

And who was it that did that again? You do understand that's what an investigation will help determine, right? Who packed them up? Under whose orders and how did they get there?

The documents were in his possession and on his property, even his home. If someone else packed them up and brought them there, that doesn't lessen the severity of the situation. There's no accident or innocent mistake here.

It was actually Biden's lawyers who handed them over after they were found.

Biden's lawyers didn't hand over the documents discovered in Biden's home. They were found by FBI investigators and confiscated.

I don't think we are dealing with a strict liability crime, as the quoted statute mentioned intent, but if we were it would certainly change the discussion.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I think a part of it was the President talking about irresponsible, reckless behavior only to find he had documents sitting in various unsecure locations for maybe 6 years.

If not humor, certainly irony.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
PitDAWG #2001036 01/22/23 12:16 PM
Legend
Legend

Irony. It’s only humorous to the revenge party.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
It wouldn't surprise me if the 'discovery" of the Biden papers was before the Trump raid in a effort to get ahead of the story. At least to provide a situation where neither man was charged by the DOJ. Now, if any effort is made to charge the former Preisdent, the DOJ would have to charge the sitting President as well.

I do find it troubling that the DOJ and White House conspired to put a hush on all of this or a good month or more until after the elections.

What wouldn't surprise me is to find out Trump Minions planted the info in Bidens facilities....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

What wouldn't surprise me is to find out Trump Minions planted the info in Bidens facilities....

I have never given into conspiracy theories like that. But yeah I wouldn’t be surprised.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

I have never given into conspiracy theories like that. But yeah I wouldn’t be surprised.

It's certainly no more far fetched than some of the crazy assumptions they have jumped to on these threads with no basis in fact to base them on. But I highly doubt this is the case.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

rofl

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #2001132 01/23/23 08:40 AM
Legend
Legend

rofl

What do you think is more far fetched,,,,, The FBI planting documents at Mar A Lago or Trump minions planting docs at Bidens home?

I mean, I bet you didn't laugh when Trump said that the FBI planted things did you? No,, you didn't.

I bet you didn't laugh when Trump said he wanted the planted docs back and that they were his... did you?

There is NOTHING funny about this situation.. Nothing!

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

Irony. It’s only humorous to the revenge party.

That isn't true. Revenge in and of itself is ironic and humorous.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

Probably more likely that it is Democrats now through with Bides usefulness. Either way unlikely to be able to have them stuffed in 2-3 different locations.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. Dems are done with him, so we set up this ingenious plot to take down Donny and Joe in the same swing. Do you ever stop to actually listen to what the hell those voices in your head are really saying?

B
Legend
Legend
B

rofl

What do you think is more far fetched,,,,, The FBI planting documents at Mar A Lago or Trump minions planting docs at Bidens home?

I mean, I bet you didn't laugh when Trump said that the FBI planted things did you? No,, you didn't.

I bet you didn't laugh when Trump said he wanted the planted docs back and that they were his... did you?

LOL...Ok, Ok...don't have a conniption leading to a stroke. LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Either way unlikely to be able to have them stuffed in 2-3 different locations.

You do realize that the same thing happened with trump, right? Or did you forget about the two found in the storage unit?

Sadly some of you wish to act as though trump didn't make his intent to keep those documents crystal clear by his own volition. Those documents were subpoenaed. He and his attorney's fought that subpoena for eight months. So long in fact that they gave up getting him to comply with that subpoena and had no other alternative but to get a search warrant to get them. He even went so far as to make up some BS that all he had to do was think about it and they were no longer classified. He and his attorney's made his intent quite clear.

I know that it's difficult to admit the stark contrast between these two cases but it's quite evident for anyone willing to look at it.

#gmstrong
Swish #2001167 01/23/23 11:05 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So why arent they asking trump permission to search all his residences and homes and offices? ( they only searched one )He should let the FBI do it like Biden let the FBI do it.

Joe Thomas #73
Swish #2001170 01/23/23 11:07 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Haha...."Let the FBI....".

That's cute.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Haha...."Let the FBI....".

That's cute.
yes he let them do it without a raid and search warrant and obstruction.

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #2001176 01/23/23 11:43 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes facts seem to be something certain people find inconvenient. Biden signed off on it and trump threw a tantrum over it. But I mean that's the same thing, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

rofl

rofl

I think this needs to be put in the DSM-V as a classic exampe of TDR

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #2001185 01/23/23 12:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Seeing others co-sign the original post just shows how whack this place is. But yeah, I thought maybe Daman may have forgot the purple with that last one... for about three seconds.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
jfanent #2001186 01/23/23 12:36 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You still haven't figured out that TDR is ignoring anything and everything trump did by sticking your fingers in your ears going "La, la, la, la la, la" have you? Only the deranged sit back and stay silent when trump does something only to come out and make a big issue out of it when someone else does something similar. You guys are so creative!

rofl

#gmstrong
FATE #2001187 01/23/23 12:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Yeah Jfan. Haven't you figured it out?? You must make one post condemning Trump for every negative Biden post... you know, like they do... otherwise you're "deranged".

Pit's sandbox, his rules. Otherwise you will journey down a long road of whatabouts, until, well, you know how it always ends. lmao.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2001188 01/23/23 01:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe. While some people have stood back and said nothing about anything and everything trump has done for years they point the fingers at others who have shown it all along. And now they act like they're the victims. The only what about here is where were you then? Nowhere to be seen, that's where. Now you're suddenly outraged.

rofl

#gmstrong
jfanent #2001189 01/23/23 01:08 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rofl

rofl

I think this needs to be put in the DSM-V as a classic exampe of TDR

I bet GRT is totally going over his head like JKT-C

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

rofl

LOL...Ok, Ok...don't have a conniption leading to a stroke. LOL

So tell me Peen, did you laugh when Trump said the FBI planted those docs? Or did you believe him?

Did you think it was funny when he demanded them back? Did you laugh when he said they were his?

You know I"m right otherwise, you wouldn't try to laugh it off as if something is wrong with my thinking....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus FBI Raid pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard