On the fans booing.

2 members like this: Swish, SuperBrown
The Beast #1971492 09/18/22 06:49 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by The Beast
Someone IS getting fired tomorrow. I don't know who. I don't care. Someone is paying for this crap outcome today. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT JUST HAPPENED. And, no, it's not York. This secondary absolutely BLOWS. TWO WEEKS. TWO BLOWN COVERAGES. In my best Vince Lombardi voice "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?". I'm SO tired of this CONTINUED crap. It might just be time to dump this GARBAGE franchise. As a native Clevelander, I think I have finally had enough. I'm tired of wasting my time on a crap team. Very tired.

Just stop,no one is getting fired.
In fact,Coach K is handing out participation trophies as I write this.
Here's a news flash for all you hard heads,this is the same ol' browns.
Special teams are guaranteed to lose 2 games each year,today was one.(There's a coach I've wanted canned for 3 years,he's still here.)
D can't stop anybody on 3rd down.
The end of the game,the team gets all puckered up and will end up losing in some of strangest ways imaginable.
The Oline and RBs have taken on the personality of their position coaches,hardnosed,physical and tough.The rest of this team is mentally soft.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Milk Man #1971498 09/18/22 06:55 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

On the fans booing.

Exactly what every player's response should be.

I am now a JJ3 fan.

I saw this on another board...if Chubb had gone down at the 1 the Browns would have won. Hadn't thought about that but it's true.

Cut Chubb immediately!

Milk Man #1971500 09/18/22 06:57 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C
Again a big thanks to the season ticket holders who continue to shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars for this trash.
I don’t blame Joe Woods as much as I blame Stefanski. Horrible clock management at the end. Instead of sending Chubb in to score, all he had to do was down the ball a few times. - The worst that could have happened was NY getting the ball back, down by 7, on their own 5 with about 20-25 seconds left. - Prevent defense for max 2 plays at that point. Horrible clock management by Stefanski. Horrible coaching.

Swish #1971501 09/18/22 06:58 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I haven't read the thread. I can imagine the comments. I have had a chance to walk back from the stadium hearing people make comments. there was a lot of talk on the train back to the car.

I had my after game meal and just got out of the shower after a long day in the sun while going to the lot before game and during the game. I am refreshed and had time to reflect.

That was the worst loss I have ever seen. A few may have hurt more, but none were worse. Before the play I was telling folks we needed to watch for the fake punt....boom. If this fat ass can figure out that was the perfect time to run a fake, I would hope someone on the team could figure that out. Then another 4th qtr. defensive collapse.

Two TD's and an onside kick recover in about 1:35 seconds. That's pitiful. I mean PITIFUL.
The coaches talk about cleaning up mistakes and better communication. Well, I am tired about hearing about it, I want to see it in practice. Just talking about it with no results is how coaches get fired.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Swish #1971503 09/18/22 07:01 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
A real bad loss for the Browns. This is totally on the defense and yes, WOODS HAS TO GO!!!

Ballpeen #1971505 09/18/22 07:05 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I haven't read the thread. I can imagine the comments. I have had a chance to walk back from the stadium hearing people make comments. there was a lot of talk on the train back to the car.

I had my after game meal and just got out of the shower after a long day in the sun while going to the lot before game and during the game. I am refreshed and had time to reflect.

That was the worst loss I have ever seen. A few may have hurt more, but none were worse. Before the play I was telling folks we needed to watch for the fake punt....boom. If this fat ass can figure out that was the perfect time to run a fake, I would hope someone on the team could figure that out. Then another 4th qtr. defensive collapse.

Two TD's and an onside kick recover in about 1:35 seconds. That's pitiful. I mean PITIFUL.
The coaches talk about cleaning up mistakes and better communication. Well, I am tired about hearing about it, I want to see it in practice. Just talking about it with no results is how coaches get fired.

Thanks for sharing your life story. saywhat

Swish #1971508 09/18/22 07:10 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I am not upset about the on-side kick -once the ball clanged off our guy who was engaging his man, it’s fifty-fifty.

I am not upset about the missed XP. The wind seemed to just yank it hard right. What I am upset about is we are running a soft-zone, which, with our good corners, plays into the hands of the O.

What I am absolutely pissed off about is the broken coverages. That’s D2 college stuff, it should rarely happen in the NFL, but we do it all the time.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Swish #1971509 09/18/22 07:11 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
To follow up on my previous post… The Jets had no timeouts on 1st and 10 when Chubb scored late. Instead of scoring, Stefanski should have simply downed the ball. Down the ball there, and it’s the 2 minute warning. 2nd down - down the ball and there’s 1:20 left, 3rd down- down the ball again and there’s 40 seconds left. Less the time it takes while the plays are actually running and there’s about 32 seconds left. Try to score at that point or line up for a chip shot field goal and the worst case scenario is the Jets have the ball with about 27 seconds left, on their own 10, with no timeouts.
Garbage coaching from Stefanski

RememberMuni #1971510 09/18/22 07:13 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think Stefanski expected Chubb to score.

And you can't blame Chubb for scoring. Put them up 2 tds with under 2 min to go.

Rishuz #1971511 09/18/22 07:18 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Should’ve downed the ball there. We didn’t and look what happened. I don’t blame Chubb as much as I blame Stefanski

1 member likes this: myka
Rishuz #1971515 09/18/22 07:31 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm embarrassed and ashamed tonight and it's not the first time. I've felt like this many times over the years with this team. This stuff happens over and over again, and nothing is done about it. It happened last season and now the first 2 games of this year. After last week it should have been corrected and wasn't. I want to see Jimmy Haslam stay where he is and not interfere, but this is one time I think he should. If I were him, I'd call a meeting tomorrow with all the parties involved and ask what the heck is going on? Posters on this board are critiqued by others about being negative but it's difficult to feel any other way after watching this team implode constantly over 55 years. I was optimistic about this game. I really felt that we were going to win because it was the Jets and we were at home. I guess I got just what I deserved! Now we have Pittsburgh coming in after a bad loss to the Pats at home today. Good luck if you think we'll win on Thursday. Oh and speaking of the Pats they played lousy last week against Miami and no one gave them a chance this week, but they won. I guess that's what happens when your coaches make ADJUSTMENTS and work on mistakes you may have made!! Going to be a long year!!!!!

RememberMuni #1971516 09/18/22 07:31 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Defense has given up 34 points in two 4th quarters so far this season.

RememberMuni #1971519 09/18/22 07:35 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
J/C
Again a big thanks to the season ticket holders who continue to shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars for this trash.
I don’t blame Joe Woods as much as I blame Stefanski. Horrible clock management at the end. Instead of sending Chubb in to score, all he had to do was down the ball a few times. - The worst that could have happened was NY getting the ball back, down by 7, on their own 5 with about 20-25 seconds left. - Prevent defense for max 2 plays at that point. Horrible clock management by Stefanski. Horrible coaching.

I agree. Hunt also ran out of bounds a time or two.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
RememberMuni #1971521 09/18/22 07:35 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Should’ve downed the ball there. We didn’t and look what happened. I don’t blame Chubb as much as I blame Stefanski

I said the same thing, and I said it before Chubb even scored.

I said "i bet we score fast here, miss the xp, quick TD, onside kid, TD we lose by 1.", nobody watching with me even got upset at all, we just knew the script.

Stefanski blew the game. All we need to do is kneel 3 times and kick the FG and it's a lock, and I said so in the moment, not in hindsight. I hope Stefanski can improve his killer instinct in the moment and not become another Schottenheimer

2 members like this: Ballpeen, lampdogg
myka #1971524 09/18/22 07:41 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I see your point but c'mon you go up 13 points with less than 2 minutes you should win the game even with a college D from the Big 10. This is the first time this has happened in the last what 2229 times they said and we were the last to do it against the Bears.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 09/18/22 07:41 PM.
Milk Man #1971525 09/18/22 07:46 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Browns got duped by a fake punt, missed XP, couldn't recover onside kick and Felton nearly lost the ball on a punt return.

Someone call in the Bobs to ask Preifer exactly what he does around here.

I don't agree. Yes, a fake punt in the 1st quarter was not planned, but the missed kick is not Priefer's fault, the onside kick going through whoever's hands it was is not Priefer's fault, and nearly losing a ball is not losing a ball.

Priefer's sample size exceeds the mistakes we've seen on the defense.

Tackles are tackles.
Homewood Dog #1971526 09/18/22 07:46 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I’m sure a lot of people agree with you but what you’re not taking into account how many coaches have been in this situation before and decided to focus on the clock rather than score. I’m sure this scenario has played out plenty of times between 2002 (Bears v Browns) and now. - With a better outcome for the coaches who choose to take the time off the clock.

What I’m saying here: How many teams have been winning by 7 with less than 25 seconds left to go, and have their opponents pinned within there own 10 yard line with zero timeouts? - I’d rather take my chances in this scenario.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 09/18/22 07:49 PM.
Swish #1971528 09/18/22 07:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot of teams are choking today.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Good point. Baltimore blew a 28 point 4th qtr lead. Hopefully the guys can put this one behind them and focus on the ‘Burgh. I’m glad that it’s a Thursday game. - Less time to dwell on this debacle.

Milk Man #1971534 09/18/22 08:06 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

On the fans booing.

JJ is calling out the D. He is either correct or playing defense. I tend to lean on the former, but we'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
Swish #1971535 09/18/22 08:09 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I didn't watch the game, but listened to the first half. Was going to practice with my band mate, a Steeler fan, who was bashing Trubisky. He goes, at least you guys are playing the Jets and should have an easy win. I looked at him and said, I bet they lose. They were letting Flacco pick them apart in the first half. It seemed like every pas was 15 yards or more. No pressure on Flacco except for the sack and forced fumble. The Jets Oline is freaking horrible, and Flacco is a shell of the player he used to be. I had no reason to check the score, something that I can go without doing, I knew they were going to blow it.

This team has a pattern. It sounded like Brissett was playing a good game, so naturally, the defense would blow it. It is what they do. Myles is talked about like he is the best DE in the league, yet when it matters, he does nothing. This defense is the same defense we have had for 20 years. All hype. All the "stars" in the defensive backfield is a mirage. They are undisiplined and overrated.

Pittsburgh is going to come in her Thursday, and make fools of this team. I thought the defense could carry this team until Watson returns, now I believe they will be the reason we lose many games this year.

All these "veteran days off" during camp is causing what you see. These players make millions, make them earn it.

I have this game recorded, I am deleting it as soon as this post is finished.

Same crap new year. I see a sub .500 year coming, and it won't be because of the offense like many thought.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Swish #1971536 09/18/22 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First off I'm eating crow and apologizing to number 2 for saying what I did about Cooper, he looked great today !

was at the game with Columbusdawg Saint his son and daughter Hooper Lurker (good luck my friend with your new adventures) and Peen ! Peen you had me lmao my friend !

Great seeing the tailgate family, looked for Fate,didn't see you friend.

I was impressed with the play of the offense and I thought the play calling was pretty good.

The interception was a late throw by JB, you could see the defender just on that ball the whole time.

The ST's sucked except for the Punter, Felton did very well today and the miss PAT was a big miss.

As far as the under performing D, well I might just go to the fire Joe Woods and vent in that thread !

Is there a fire Priefer thread ? if not there should be.

JB did what he was supposed to do, He and the team put up 30 !

Njoku had a very nice game also

1 member likes this: mgh888
RememberMuni #1971539 09/18/22 08:13 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Good point. Baltimore blew a 28 point 4th qtr lead. Hopefully the guys can put this one behind them and focus on the ‘Burgh. I’m glad that it’s a Thursday game. - Less time to dwell on this debacle.

Here is a novel concept, make changes and FIX IT! The 4th Quarter's in the past 2 games have been Defensively embarrassing.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
DaveyD #1971544 09/18/22 08:18 PM
Legend
Legend
The biggest issue BY FAR is our secondary. It’s BRUTAL how bad we are back there, and we really shouldn’t be. We’ve invested a lot of capital into those positions.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
BrownMoose #1971548 09/18/22 08:24 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by BrownMoose
Absolutely hilarious. That was the brownest brown the Browns have browned in a while.
It's to the point where that's almost as much fun to root for as a W.

Finally someone who agrees with me. If the franchise is a dumpster fire, led by a criminal buffoon for an owner, which consistently finds embarrassing ways to screw things up (trades/drafts etc) and lose in unfathomable fashion...you can't continue to take them seriously and actually care about wins and losses. You just can't. You can enjoy the wins, sure. But embrace the Factory of Sadness as well and just sit back and laugh. Your personal health and mental well being will thank you.

Today was pretty epic that's for sure. Denzel Ward, my man....makes me want to quote the Asian guy from the movie Major League while he's lining the baselines.

Oh and Myles Garrett didn't appreciate being booed. Poor baby. I thought he was the leader of the defense. That's not something I'd want to put on my resume but whatever. I'd boo him out of the tunnel on Thursday just for his idiotic comment. Be a leader and play better so that you aren't blowing historic leads and you won't get booed. Pretty simple really. Thanks for the giggles though.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
myka #1971549 09/18/22 08:27 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by myka

I said "i bet we score fast here, miss the xp, quick TD, onside kid, TD we lose by 1.", nobody watching with me even got upset at all, we just knew the script.

Stefanski blew the game. All we need to do is kneel 3 times and kick the FG and it's a lock, and I said so in the moment, not in hindsight. I hope Stefanski can improve his killer instinct in the moment and not become another Schottenheimer
Dumbfanski shows no emotion at all. Ever. There is no killer instinct. This guy is soft and completely over matched. He will be out coached time and time again. He's just another loser in a long line of losers at head coach since the Browns returned. The Browns are winning nothing with Dumbfanski as head coach. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
myka #1971550 09/18/22 08:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by myka

When we missed the extra point my immediate reaction was "I hope we don't lose by one"... then I thought... there's no way... it's only 2 min left... man, just unreal

some really pathetic plays today... offense overall looked good... special teams sucked... and secondary sucked... time management sucked...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1971551 09/18/22 08:36 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Gbush bringing the fire as usual!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Swish #1971558 09/18/22 09:16 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
While the complete Defensive meltdown was not Chubb's fault, it may have ended differently if he didn't score so quickly...

"Jets coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Joe Flacco both admitted that they seized the mistake as soon as it happened."

Flacco: “I’m thinking: Ok that’s not what you’re supposed to do.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nick-chubb-costly-touchdown-browns-collapse/604229

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by HotBYoungTurk
Loved what the offense did today,l.
Are you serious?
Did you see what ended up in a 4th and 26 with about 5-7 minutes to play, and the Browns had a 2 score lead.
3 poorly executed negative plays, the Center blown up. The OL looked like the 2020 bengals on that drive.

And the Defense, bailed em out again, just before or after that, and
they could have gotten almost to FG range, but they ...
were soo basic, on two handoffs,
and boom goes the dynamite you face 4th down and 26 back across the 50, on your own side o the field.

Analytics, ( Had enough yet? ) yep.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Swish #1971561 09/18/22 10:03 PM
Legend
Legend
Of all the things to blame, Chubb is about .1 percent. Sure ideally he should have gone down. But it shouldn’t have mattered

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: dawglover05
DaveyD #1971563 09/18/22 10:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
While the complete Defensive meltdown was not Chubb's fault, it may have ended differently if he didn't score so quickly...

"Jets coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Joe Flacco both admitted that they seized the mistake as soon as it happened."

Flacco: “I’m thinking: Ok that’s not what you’re supposed to do.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nick-chubb-costly-touchdown-browns-collapse/604229

Chubb stepped out of bounds on the one yard line in 2020 against the Texans with a 10-7 when he could have had a TD for the team

Ya know..I liked him scoring, what I didn't like was how the

Defense responded

Rishuz #1971566 09/18/22 11:03 PM
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Rishuz
j/c...

On the fans booing.

Exactly what every player's response should be.

I am now a JJ3 fan.

I saw this on another board...if Chubb had gone down at the 1 the Browns would have won. Hadn't thought about that but it's true.

Cut Chubb immediately!

I posted something similar to your Chubb comment earlier, but it wasn't a Chubb criticism. It was just ironic that had Chubb been tackled short of the goal line I am pretty sure we had a first down, and they had no times outs with less than 2 minutes. The time Chubb ran OOB on the 1 yard line 2 years ago was a different scenario. The play had less time for the runner to think of going down and now we are supposed to have a better defense that should be able to hold a 13-point lead. I am a bit surprised I haven't seen any York criticism for missing the PAT. Not saying he deserves it, but I was sort of expecting it from a few since it was so long ago he was our hero. .

This loss stinks because it was a blown chance to be alone in 1st place, it was a conference game and JB had bounced back from a poor week 1 performance to play pretty well. Beat Pittsburgh and maybe this gets further away in the rear-view mirror.

FORTBROWNFAN #1971569 09/18/22 11:13 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I agree. It’s over now.

Beat Pitt we own the North for three days at least. Somebody “get it fixed” - our crap secondary play I mean - by Thursday, or somebody’s taking a flight out of town on Friday.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Milk Man #1971571 09/19/22 12:33 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Swish #1971575 09/19/22 05:26 AM
Legend
Legend
Jim Donovan is always right when it comes to the Browns, whether he is that direct or not. He knows the ins and outs of the franchise … it was an unacceptable loss

Dawgs4Life #1971576 09/19/22 07:05 AM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I am not sure if it was how the defense was called or why our dbs’ set up like they did, but it seems like we could have set our corners up to funnel a passcatcher into the middle of the field to be tackled. With no timeouts the clock would have been eaten up quickly. Instead we led receivers gain 10-15 yards and run out of bounds. Seems to me like somebody screwed up on that.

Swish #1971578 09/19/22 07:17 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Best thing we got today is that the AFCN is in a 3way tie for first with the Bengals at 0-2.

So even with the defensive blunders, we are not in an uphill battle, YET. if the D don't pull it together, we could see more of this crap. Heck I wouldn't even be mad if that stuff happened in the 1st quarter, but to have it happen in the last few minutes has got to be demoralizing to the team.

Isn't the whole point of playing a soft "prevent" defense, to keep plays from getting behind you? /smh

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Swish #1971579 09/19/22 07:29 AM
Legend
Legend
The real depressing thing to me: our offense was as good as it could be. Heck, even with Watson we couldn’t hope for more than that. And we still lost to the Jets.

Watching Delpit, Ward, Harrison, Newsome, or whoever have those blunders is totally unacceptable

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 30 Jets 31 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard