Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Swish #1971792 09/20/22 12:35 AM
All Pro
All Pro
In a team with a winning culture every coach and player takes the blame after a loss. We win together and we lose together!”

A healthy and a matured leadership don’t look for excuses or name individuals when they lose. “If anyone is to blame it’s me”

We lost against the Jets because of poor communication on and off the field. Nothing else.

The Beast #1971813 09/20/22 07:58 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
The "not playing together" in preseason games is hard for me to swallow. The Rams never play their starters in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl last year. I watched the Carolina/Buffalo preseason game this year and Carolina played their starters while Buffalo did not play any. The Panthers are 0 and 2 and the Bills are 2-0. There are many more examples that back my point up. The best work comes when two teams practice together for a week. The next best are the reps in practice. The games are there for the owners to gouge the fans for more money and for a few bubble guys to shine. The games are also about not getting anyone hurt.

I think the team needs to take a close look at Jeff Howard, the defensive passing game coordinator and defensive back coach. His resume isn't very inspiring and the breakdowns are coming in the secondary on passing plays.

Woods also needs to be much better. Flacco can throw the ball when he has time. Flacco is not good when he is pressured. Why we didn't blitz him when he got rolling against our non-existant pass rush is beyond me. I know it is ideal not to blitz, but damn, you can't let a qb stand back there and not even be hurried.

One more thing............it's amazing the fan and media reaction to a player[s] comments about the fans booing is wildly different depending on who the player is. Hypocrisy.

Swish #1971816 09/20/22 08:04 AM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, the inability to make Flacco speed up and move off his spot was so puzzling. Not sure what Woods would be thinking with that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Swish #1971819 09/20/22 08:24 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V

Milk Man #1971820 09/20/22 08:24 AM
Legend
Legend
Teams earn cheers and they earn boos.

the team earned being booed

Milk Man #1971831 09/20/22 09:04 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man

There were multiple plays before that, where we could have kept the clock running but the play/player went down the sideline and out of bounds, stopping the clock. Your up by 7, under 3 minutes, one should be looking at keeping the clock running as much as possible.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
FloridaFan #1971834 09/20/22 09:12 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hunt tried to get down. He was running hard. We were trying to put the game around. We needed another score.

Too much emphasis is being put on the clock situation. No way should a team score 14 points in 1 minute and 22 seconds. The defensive side of the ball was the problem. Period.

1 member likes this: Jester
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Hunt tried to get down. He was running hard. We were trying to put the game around. We needed another score.

Too much emphasis is being put on the clock situation. No way should a team score 14 points in 1 minute and 22 seconds. The defensive side of the ball was the problem. Period.

I agree that the D broke down, but even before that I was like "Why are we not using up more clock" Literally a clock stoppage at 2:02, couldn't even get to the 2 minutes warning.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The "not playing together" in preseason games is hard for me to swallow. The Rams never play their starters in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl last year. I watched the Carolina/Buffalo preseason game this year and Carolina played their starters while Buffalo did not play any. The Panthers are 0 and 2 and the Bills are 2-0. There are many more examples that back my point up. The best work comes when two teams practice together for a week. The next best are the reps in practice. The games are there for the owners to gouge the fans for more money and for a few bubble guys to shine. The games are also about not getting anyone hurt.

How many years have we come out looking like a team who hasn't played together...after a pre-season of not playing together? We did joint practices last year too...and also came out looking like we weren't ready for the season. I didn't see a bunch of other teams - with our roster "talent"...come out completely unprepared...again.

I think the team needs to take a close look at Jeff Howard, the defensive passing game coordinator and defensive back coach. His resume isn't very inspiring and the breakdowns are coming in the secondary on passing plays.

So...the buck stops with one of Woods' guys...got it. It is very apparent that Woods and Ski haven't either figured out that Howard is the problem...or that they themselves are the problem.

Woods also needs to be much better. Flacco can throw the ball when he has time. Flacco is not good when he is pressured. Why we didn't blitz him when he got rolling against our non-existant pass rush is beyond me. I know it is ideal not to blitz, but damn, you can't let a qb stand back there and not even be hurried.

It's not just Flacco. We've said the same damn thing about old guys/backups/scrubs/QBs-in-their-first-start for years. The QBs change...but the result stays the same.

One more thing............it's amazing the fan and media reaction to a player[s] comments about the fans booing is wildly different depending on who the player is. Hypocrisy.

Yes...your continuous display of hypocrisy is amazing. Myles Garrett is our perennial DPOY candidate who is as close to being DPOY as is Clowney...maybe not even that close. MG commenting on the FANS after that display of Q4 football is as pathetic as HIS D's performance...including his own performance. He got HIS sack though...whoopty-heaven. Boo-hoo...the fans were mean after we completely blew a game...maybe he needs a personal day away from practice to feel safe again. Make a damn play to close-out the game and the fans won't boo...hey...if that's too much to ask...how about you just make more tackles than penalties. Maybe he and Sta-Puf Ward can throw more players and coaches under the bus. I'm soooo tired of Browns players who talk more than they make plays.

FloridaFan #1971840 09/20/22 09:25 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

I agree that the D broke down, but even before that I was like "Why are we not using up more clock" Literally a clock stoppage at 2:02, couldn't even get to the 2 minutes warning.

I'm afraid that Ski is just an OC...he's not a HC.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Did you see that 3 man rush before the Jets got a TD at the half? That left me scratching my head.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
dawglover05 #1971887 09/20/22 12:32 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I did. Plus, they left Emerson on an island w/G. Wilson on the TD pass. I saw that alignment and I knew they were going to score unless we sacked them. For those who don't watch Ohio State, Wilson is a great route runner and is awesome at making contested catches. That's hard to defend w/one dude, especially a rookie.

Swish #1971890 09/20/22 12:40 PM
Legend
Legend
The move with Emerson on an island was not wise. You can’t lament the fact that we are so young and then ask them to be isolated like that in key spots.

I would like to see more of Newsome on the outside

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
dawglover05 #1971893 09/20/22 12:44 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Did you see that 3 man rush before the Jets got a TD at the half? That left me scratching my head.

That was bad because it happened right after the Browns had called TO. This was another one where after the play the Browns secondary had there arms up in the air looking at each other.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I did. Plus, they left Emerson on an island w/G. Wilson on the TD pass. I saw that alignment and I knew they were going to score unless we sacked them. For those who don't watch Ohio State, Wilson is a great route runner and is awesome at making contested catches. That's hard to defend w/one dude, especially a rookie.

Agreed. Emerson had no chance on that play.

Milk Man #1971929 09/20/22 02:37 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

One thing I wanted to add. I don't think i saw in the replies.

I like how Stefanski adjusted the start of the game from game one to game two. Brissett said his emotions were high for the first game of the season. Now I am not making excuses for how he played that game. Going into the second game, instead of starting out throwing short to medium routes to his receivers. The first drive of game two, started out with two quick/dump off passes to the TEs. They called three screens, one to Chubb, one where Brissett ended up doing his best Bernie Kosar run, and one TE screen to Chief. Stef also mixed in were runs with Chubb.

Why I liked this, getting Brissett some throwing confidence and into a groove right away. I know this won't happen every game, I'm aware Brissett will probably be up and down with his passing. But I like how he incorporated Brissett right away with high percentage passes.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Lost in all the Stefanski hate is that he called a magnificent game. It really was a nice mixture of run and pass. Some of the plays were ran to set-up others. He's a very good play caller.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Right, and they got booed like they should. If they don't want to get booed, don't look like a bunch of slackers.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Lost in all the Stefanski hate is that he called a magnificent game. It really was a nice mixture of run and pass. Some of the plays were ran to set-up others. He's a very good play caller.

I agree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
We should retain him as the OC for the next head coach.

If a team does what the Browns did on Sunday, they do not have a good head coach. There are no other explanations. The Jets had a 0.1% chance to win.

And our two best d players, Garrett and Ward, are soft as hell. They're not even mad we lost. Where is the competitive fire? Ward is blaming other players and Garrett is blaming fans. Get friggin mad. Geez. And now Garrett is hurt. TJ Watt sought as many opinions as possible until he found a doctor that gave him the answer he wanted. And now Garrett might sit after playing the whole game. Soft as hell.

I think there's an idea fans better start warming up to...and I am convinced by this more than ever after last week...the Browns will never be good. They won't ever win a Super Bowl. They won't ever be perennial playoff contenders. There is a putrid stench that follows this team around. We could have had Brady and Bellichek the last twenty years and wouldn't have won. It's not in the cards for this franchise.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I agree 100%.

IMO, He's an excellent head coach and leader. He makes mistakes and he will continue to grow. I have read i think a few that have said something to he doesn't show emotion or it looks like he doesn't care...something in that realm. Great! That's my kind of head coach. He is the general overseeing the battlefield. If a QB comes off the field after making a mistake...the HC should at the most give a sentence or two of his thought or get a quick response from the QB then move on. The HC has assistant coaches, trust them to take care of the situation. let them give the chewing or communication of what happened. He has to focus on the next play or series.

He keeps the same outward demeanor if it is a good or bad play. I see him as being calm and focused on the action in front of him instead of complaining over the previous play.

In my opinion, seeing Stefanski's body language. When a mistake happens, he has that short term memory of forgetting the last play and moving on what to do next.

I would add more to this with an example, but I hope this is clear enough.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Swish #1971977 09/20/22 06:13 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know where else to say it but,
I've heard a couple + of Cleveland media types including radio broadcast voice Jim Donovan pile on onto Myles Garrett for Garretts comment about booing.
And some have played the Garrett comment.

From what I heard, ... Myles might just as well have been meaning by the words he used,

that the worst part was that their play was bad enough to cause the fans to boo.

And in that Case Myles would not have been calling out or disrespecting fans, so

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Swish #1971982 09/20/22 06:35 PM
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
No, despite what Chubb said he did not cost them the game.

Bird #1972027 09/21/22 07:08 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Bird
No, despite what Chubb said he did not cost them the game.

That is just a good teammate taking his part in expressing we win as a team, we lose as a team. In a season everybody makes a play, everybody screws up a play.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Swish #1972044 09/21/22 08:51 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is pretty insane.

4 members like this: Swish, bonefish, FATE
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 30 Jets 31 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard