Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
I say we raid all the former president's places... feel like there's tons of stuff out there that shouldn't be smile

<><

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
The government clearly has a problem keeping track of classified documents. They should put airtags on all classified documents.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1999775 01/13/23 01:58 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Squires
The government clearly has a problem keeping track of classified documents. They should put airtags on all classified documents.

I don't have a problem with this idea at all.
'Airtags' might not be the immediate answer, but SOME similar answer should already be in the works, if we are to trust our national security.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Most people that have access to classified documents can remember what they read and return them. Guess anyone that can’t remember this or refuses to return them or destroys them shouldn’t be fit for office. But I don’t suspect the MAGA Goper’s will think this way about their candidate.

As an after thought Biden could turn this into a positive by being found guilty as charged, impeached, and declared unfit to ever hold any government office again. trump gets the same. Kamy becomes the first Women POTUS.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/13/23 10:46 AM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE #1999831 01/13/23 12:34 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I asked you a couple of very basic questions based on your own premise.

Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Eh, probably not... Nothing to see here folks.

And yet absolutely nobody has said that. A figment of your imagination maybe?

Not really.

"Not Like Documents Were ‘Sitting Out in the Street’" BIDEN

"The mishandling of classified information does happen quite a bit, every day within the federal government," CIA

"Just a GOP revenge plan". MSNBC

"These documents were inadvertently misplaced" WHITE HOUSE

"Just a 'small number' of documents" VIRTUALLY EVERYONE

You attempted to assert that people were acting like "there's nothing to see here". Biden's comment about not sitting in the street is nothing more than an excuse. But since when did the media not report what the accused said regarding the topic? They did the exact same thing with trump. You avoided addressing the CIA's comment. Does this happen quite a bit, every day or not? And if so how would that be trying to downplay anything if it's an accurate statement? And yes, the "revenge plan" comment is an excuse. Whether these documents were inadvertently misplaced or not remains to be seen but whether that's true or not having them is still a crime. But you do realize this is the second comment you used that came from Biden or his spokespeople at the White House, right? Not the media or "people" as you indicated. Of course they're going to downplay it. Trump did the same thing for months.

And once again, a "small amount of documents" is totally accurate. Especially in terms of comparing the two. I don't believe some of these things say what you think they say.

But let's look at what's actually being done. The FBI has been investigating it since the documents were first turned over. Yesterday Garland appointed special counsel Robert Hur to investigate this as well. To avoid any appearance of bias, favoritism or impropriety, Robert Hur is a trump appointed judge. These are the exact same measures that were taken in the trump document situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999834 01/13/23 12:43 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm just going to take the "L" on this one.

You've proven that there are a lot of 'holes' in my story. You've applied more than enough what-about-trump-isms.

In short, you've proven me a fool.

A deserved the whoopin' I got... I feel like the proper response is "Thank You Sir May I Have Another".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1999838 01/13/23 01:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
When people are comparing these two events, there isn't a "whatabout". It's the comparison of two similar events. Very similar in this situation. It's also showing the differences in the two events. As I expected you avoided the actual questions and having a civil dialogue like the plague and instead are trying to shift the blame on me for asking them. Typical.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999841 01/13/23 01:17 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, Apply the who,what, where, when, why, how to each example of lost classified. Problem, politicians see so much "classified" it becomes like NOTHING SPECIAL. Trump- cavalier approach- I've seen it, briefed on it, it's mine, not the governments. Wrong.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
PitDAWG #1999842 01/13/23 01:26 PM
Legend
Legend
I hate to be the one to break it to you... there is only ever a slim chance of "civil dialogue" when one party constantly takes the position of interrogator. That's your m.o. at this site. Tear apart every post with the skill of a forensic expert, cherry-pick the parts you don't like, turn it into an ancillary argument that has little to nothing to do with the original intent of the post or flow of the conversation. And then scream "answer the questions!!".

Again, here, you've turned "nothing to see here" into a multi-page argument that has nothing to do with my original post. Of course, first you started with "Trump! Where were you then?!?"

Some days I find it fascinating and engage -- mostly because I enjoy the entertainment. Some days I don't have the energy to argue -- this is one of those days.

I'd rather just say "you're right" and move on. Take the dub, bro.

Have a nice day.

FATE #1999851 01/13/23 02:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
There was nothing in my posts directed to you that were out of line. I actually quoted your post and broke it down line by line. That's the very opposite for the definition of cherry picking. I asked you basic questions about each point you made line by line.

You refused to address those questions and made the decision to come after me rather than have that discussion. Now you wish to deflect those actions by blaming me for it. Attacking me won't change the fact you refuse to show the validity of your comments. That's on you no matter how hard you try to persuade others to the contrary. I don't think you actually believe that either

And labeling someone trying to engage in a discussion as "an argument" isn't going to convince anyone either. Everyone can see I was nothing but civil to you and what your reactions have been to that.

#gmstrong
FATE #1999854 01/13/23 02:35 PM
Legend
Legend

Not really.

"The mishandling of classified information does happen quite a bit, every day within the federal government," CIA

This is what you are trying to tear apart. You want to psychoanalyze each statement. It's simple:

It points to the fact that many people (although maybe not those here) think this is NO BIG DEAL.

Get it? That's where "nothing to see here" comes from?? It is literally so simple a four-year-old could understand.

I'm done, if I want anymore intellectual stimulus I'll go talk to the mailbox.

Get. your. last. word.

FATE #1999856 01/13/23 02:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

Not really.

This is what you are trying to tear apart. You want to psychoanalyze each statement. It's simple:

It points to the fact that many people (although maybe not those here) think this is NO BIG DEAL.

Get it? That's where "nothing to see here" comes from?? It is literally so simple a four-year-old could understand.

I'm done, if I want anymore intellectual stimulus I'll go talk to the mailbox.

Get. your. last. word.

So you still won't answer how the CIA comment is accurate or not. If it's an accurate statement it isn't an indication that "there's nothing to see here".

And yes, in comparison to the trump case it is a small number of documents. Actually it's a pretty small number of documents period. Why are you trying to use a statement of fact to prove a point that isn't there? Maybe the problem is that you're three years old? Because I don't think a four year old would be so confused to try and use factual statements as a basis for claiming it's trying to be downplayed.

These are pretty basic questions that nobody needs to psychoanalyze to see. But yet again your attack on me seems to be your only answer rather than to actually address anything.

It is a small number of documents. That's a fact and not spin.

Nothing you have done indicates that the CIA comment is inaccurate in any way yet your claim is that it's some attempt to claim "there's nothing to see here".

Of course at this point I can't really blame you for trying to place the focus on me that you don't really have anything to use as a basis for the comments I pointed out. It's how people around here usually respond when they can't defend their assertions. I did however think you were smart enough to be a little more original than that. My bad.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999866 01/13/23 04:23 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from app-us-east-1.t-cdn.net]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Most people that have access to classified documents can remember what they read and return them. Guess anyone that can’t remember this or refuses to return them or destroys them shouldn’t be fit for office. But I don’t suspect the MAGA Goper’s will think this way about their candidate.

As an after thought Biden could turn this into a positive by being found guilty as charged, impeached, and declared unfit to ever hold any government office again. trump gets the same. Kamy becomes the first Women POTUS.

This is inconvenient, I understand, but President Biden has sat on these for years. Who knows what harm that may have caused to national security?

Now, the press asks him questions and he sits there like a dummy. I also see how this was discovered and covered-up before the mid-terms. This information was discovered over 2 months ago only to finally leak out now.

Some dirty goings on here, folks.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1999875 01/13/23 06:29 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Not to mention Hunter has that house listed as his residence and has shady dealings with other countries. Who knows what he got into.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1999878 01/13/23 06:39 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't even want to bring that up.....sometimes you have to spoon feed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: EveDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
The clamps are beginning to tighten. Now the NYT is backtracking on info about the then VP and his sons dealing with Russia and China.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1999914 01/14/23 10:18 AM
Legend
Legend
Are you going to spoon feed us evidence as well? Innocent until proven guilty only works on the Goper side we see. All of a sudden….. outrage from the right…. rofl where was that on Jan 6th and trumps stolen classified docs? Two faced Goper’s crack me up every time.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
They don't care about evidence. Only right wing accusations. There are currently two investigations into this. The FBI investigation who is ran by a Trump appointee and a Special Counsel investigation which will be ran by a trump appointed judge.

The fact is that both Trump and Biden held top secret documents which is wrong on both their parts. Beyond that almost everything about the two situations is totally different. When trump did the same thing you didn't hear a peep out of them. Now you hear their right wing outrage.

Trump withheld hundreds of secret documents. We heard crickets. He turned over less than 40 of those and lied saying that's all he had. We heard crickets. Then he defied a subpoena for the documents as the FBI negotiated with him for several months to turn over the hundreds he withheld in an effort not to make a public spectacle out of it. We heard crickets. Finally the FBI had no choice but to serve a search warrant to retrieve the hundreds of documents he reused to turn over. We heard crickets.

Suddenly now it's a big deal.

It is a big deal. But it was a big deal then too. An even bigger deal considering the lengths officials had to go to in order to get those documents.

Still no charges against trump.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
All of that is being discussed on other threads...this is about the current President.

It isn't looking good. So much to investigate...

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1999923 01/14/23 12:25 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet one looks obviously worse than the other.

And just for the sake of clarification here. The "other thread" you are speaking of it about an FBI raid to get top secret documents. Something that never happened in the case of Biden. So if a thread about the FBI raid on trump is fair game for such a discussion, so is this one. A little consistency would be nice.

It seems you promote people intermingling a thread about the raid on trump but not so much this thread be treated the same way.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The entire system needs burned to the ground. This country is doomed.
I’m so glad I didn’t have kids to leave behind in this mess.

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: jfanent, 3rd_and_20
Ballpeen #1999938 01/14/23 01:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
All of that is being discussed on other threads...this is about the current President.

WOW.,. You didn't say that when it came to Trump....All you and others did is make excuses for that criminal. (yes, I think he's a criminal)

If Biden did something wrong, nail his butt to the wall.. I'm all good with that.

But remember when Trump said that the FBI planted those documents at Mar A Lago? Remember that. What would you think if they found out that Trump supporters planted stuff at Bidens places?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

PitDAWG #1999948 01/14/23 03:21 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Remember trump? It's been discussed, and still is being discussed.

Poor old Joe. Even more papers - classified - found today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyers-found-more-classified-documents-165811239.html

But trump trump trump.....

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
j/c:

THIRD batch of classified documents found at Biden's Delaware home: White House Special Counsel uncovers five more pages after he was sent to investigate when President's attorneys were told they didn't have clearance to keep searching

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ments-Bidens-Delaware-home.html#comments

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Yet you are one of the very posters who was over on the thread about the FBI search warrant on trump thread talking about Biden. It's always interesting to see hypocrisy rear its ugly head.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Total number of Biden documents known to be marked classified is about 20, source says

The approximately 10 documents marked classified and discovered at the Penn Biden Center included top-secret material, according to a federal law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

Top secret is the highest of the three basic levels of classification: confidential, secret and top secret. A leak of top secret information could cause "exceptionally grave damage."

Fewer than 10 documents marked classified were found at the Biden residence in Wilmington, Del., and none were marked top secret.

In all, the source said, the total number of known documents marked classified is roughly 20, between the two locations. 

CBS News reported Monday that roughly 10 documents with classified markings had been found at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington. The documents were from President Biden's vice-presidential office at the center.

Then on Thursday, the White House confirmed that a second group of records with classified markings dating from Mr. Biden's time as vice president had been found in his home in Wilmington, Delaware. 

On the same day, Attorney General Merrick Garland named a special counsel, Robert Hur, to oversee the investigation into the documents. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-...v4hmnmldDe4vObIKIraKtMy8q0za-DkDj2hK-NjE

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1999975 01/14/23 09:02 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Have at it. Maybe y'all can put Biden or his boy in the cell next to Donny and his family. But none of this changes a thing about Trump. You have to be a fool not to see the difference between the Trump and Biden documents cases. I'm not saying Biden did nothing wrong because I don't know that to be certain. But I am saying Trump's crime was intentional and is ongoing. From early reports, Biden's "crime" was not intentional, and they seem to be cooperating and working to resolve the situation. Unlike Trump, he's not hiding them or trying to say they are his to keep. And instead of admitting any kind of mistake, then promptly returning the docs, Trump moved and hid them like a shell game for months while DENYING he had them. Additionally, true patriotic Americans are way less worried about Biden's potential to sell state secrets vs. Trump's. Trump has proven he doesn't give a damn about this country; after the 6th, you'd have to be a real to defend him.

And I agree with the right that, on the surface, the situations with these government docs in Biden's and Trump's possession seem the same... But are they really? Time will tell, but if they both committed equal crimes, they should get the same punishment. However, I feel they are nowhere near equal crimes, and the DOJ will reach the same conclusion. Comparing a decent man like Biden to Trump's traitorous ass, any thinking person can reach the same conclusion unless they drank the Trump kool-aid.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
j/c...

Didn't the White House say Thursday that the search was complete and there were no more docs?

#thelieskeepcoming

Legend
Legend
Also, I wonder if they looked in more obvious places. Under the bed, stuck to the fridge... next to the dog's homework. At this point the real story is how many different places Joe kept unsecured classified documents.

FATE #2000033 01/15/23 01:09 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
LMAO

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FATE #2000038 01/15/23 07:41 AM
Legend
Legend
Also, I wonder if they looked in more obvious places. Under the bed, stuck to the fridge... next to the dog's homework. At this point the real story is how many different places Joe kept unsecured classified documents.

Maybe they need to search his buddy "Corn Pops" house?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Have at it. Maybe y'all can put Biden or his boy in the cell next to Donny and his family. But none of this changes a thing about Trump. You have to be a fool not to see the difference between the Trump and Biden documents cases. I'm not saying Biden did nothing wrong because I don't know that to be certain. But I am saying Trump's crime was intentional and is ongoing. From early reports, Biden's "crime" was not intentional, and they seem to be cooperating and working to resolve the situation. Unlike Trump, he's not hiding them or trying to say they are his to keep. And instead of admitting any kind of mistake, then promptly returning the docs, Trump moved and hid them like a shell game for months while DENYING he had them. Additionally, true patriotic Americans are way less worried about Biden's potential to sell state secrets vs. Trump's. Trump has proven he doesn't give a damn about this country; after the 6th, you'd have to be a real to defend him.

And I agree with the right that, on the surface, the situations with these government docs in Biden's and Trump's possession seem the same... But are they really? Time will tell, but if they both committed equal crimes, they should get the same punishment. However, I feel they are nowhere near equal crimes, and the DOJ will reach the same conclusion. Comparing a decent man like Biden to Trump's traitorous ass, any thinking person can reach the same conclusion unless they drank the Trump kool-aid.

This in spades.

Neither situation is good - but you'd need to be an idiot trying to equate the 300+ documents Trump had - denied having and has actively continued to attempted to prevent from returning over months and months and months - including instructing his lawyer to write/testify to false statements .... to Biden's situation of instant disclosure and return of the documents. I mean I don't truly know if numbers matter - Biden having mislaid or forgotten about classified documents is not acceptable and does need to be investigated and he needs to be accountable - but again, whether it's 20 - 40 - 100 or more.... it seems unlikely ever to be close to the number of documents Trump hid and lied about.

Another aspect that - to me seems at least worth mentioning - Trump gathered all (most of) his classified documents in unusual circumstances, requesting much of his 'trove' after being ousted. Not as part of briefings or day to day administration of his job. That's 100% different that Joe's situation. Again - no-one I have seen has said Biden's gaff isn't worthy of investigation and being reported on fully. What I think any sane commentator is saying - is any sort of suggestion this is equivalent in any way to Trump is completely misplaced.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/15/23 09:43 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2000052 01/15/23 10:08 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's the funny part in all of this. When you point that out they say, "All you can talk about is trump, trump, trump!".

I won't speak for the rest of you, but what I'm talking about is them, them, them! Comparing the trump/Biden situation is the example that shows who they are.

Just go look at the FBI Raid thread. You know where trump was also in possession of secret documents only he refused to turn them over defying a subpoena and a search warrant had to be issued in order to get those documents. Hundreds of them.

What did arch have to say about that when it was trump? He didn't even show up for it much less comment on it. Well until it became a Biden issue that is. Then he came in and displayed some act of faux outrage. Peen? He claimed the documents may not even be top secret documents at all. When the photos of files saying top secret were pointed out to him his response was "Since when did you trust the FBI?" Fate? A no show. You could make a huge list of those right wingers that didn't have $#!+ to say then.

So all we had from any of them was to avoid it like the plague or Peen who made excuses for trump.

Now they're outraged? Now it's a big deal?

At least many of us they call liberals, like it's some bad thing, except for Peen who calls us communists..... at least we came to their celebration party and said we think Biden needs investigated for it. That both Biden and trump were wrong in their actions. That's more balls than they had when the shoe was on the other foot.

That's what this is about. It's about being two faced. It's about the obvious partisanship involved. It's about the double standard. It's about the hypocrisy. It's not as if we didn't know it all along. I was just waiting for such a blatant display of it to point it out. Well here it is.

And here they'll come with their excuses and outrage.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Remember trump? It's been discussed, and still is being discussed.

Poor old Joe. Even more papers - classified - found today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyers-found-more-classified-documents-165811239.html

You just don't want to discuss your guys obvious failures...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
PitDAWG #2000087 01/15/23 11:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Trump threads are for you and your buddies. There are about five or six posters who attack in those threads when anything besides "put him in jail! is mentioned. The content of the posts doesn't matter, the validity doesn't matter, you and your buds gang up, make fun and laugh it off. Even when one of your own said something positive about his concession speech, he was immediately attacked and promptly said "yeah, you're right". That's how it goes there, that's why the only posters there are those who agree with your distorted sense of reality.

It's Lord of the Flies in those threads, only one group is much larger and way nastier than the other.

Your perverse obsession with keeping score, and thinking that actually proves a point, is even worse than than your constant cherry-picking, rearranging the argument and strawmans. Grow up.

Showing up in a Biden thread to say "yeah, but Trump" doesn't mean you 'have balls'. Don't flatter yourself, in most of your posts it sounds like they haven't dropped yet.

FATE #2000093 01/15/23 12:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, here come the excuses. Sorry you didn't have the balls to call out trump for the same thing and would rather blame me for it. Typical. And BTW, those threads wouldn't be only for those you label me and my buddies if some of you had the balls to call out the exact same thing you're calling out now when it comes to those you obviously refuse to admonish for the same thing. You can stop trying to put the blame on others that you refuse to show up there and do s. do so.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2000095 01/15/23 12:07 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from y.yarn.co]

FATE #2000096 01/15/23 12:08 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Typical rookie move. Deflection and excuses. But when that's all you have for your double standard, what else can you do?

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden Admin

Link Copied to Clipboard