Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
Cleveland Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett was involved in a single car crash after leaving practice on Monday.

Garrett suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital, the Browns confirmed to Fox News Digital. The team said it was still in the process of gathering more information.

Garrett left the Berea, Ohio practice facility and reportedly crashed his 2021 Porsche near Wadsworth around 3 p.m. ET. The vehicle flipped several times and there was reportedly a female passenger in the car as well.

https://fox8.com/news/myles-garrett-taken-to-hospital-after-vehicle-overturns-in-crash/

Certainly glad to hear his injuries are non life threatening, but if the car flipped several times I’m very concerned. This is a developing story, please update if you guys hear any more details on Garrett’s condition.

Woof Wooof!!!
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by snworbOG
Cleveland Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett was involved in a single car crash after leaving practice on Monday.

Garrett suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital, the Browns confirmed to Fox News Digital. The team said it was still in the process of gathering more information.

Garrett left the Berea, Ohio practice facility and reportedly crashed his 2021 Porsche near Wadsworth around 3 p.m. ET. The vehicle flipped several times and there was reportedly a female passenger in the car as well.

https://fox8.com/news/myles-garrett-taken-to-hospital-after-vehicle-overturns-in-crash/

Certainly glad to hear his injuries are non life threatening, but if the car flipped several times I’m very concerned. This is a developing story, please update if you guys hear any more details on Garrett’s condition.

Process of gathering Information means they are not ready to admit he will miss a significant amount of time

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/26/nfl-superstar-myles-garrett-single-car-crash/

“One witness who actually helped Garrett and his passenger get out of the car following the accident tell us Garrett complained of wrist pain. The witness says the football player also appeared to be bleeding from both his ankle and chest areas.”

Woof Wooof!!!
Legend
Legend
Damn. I sure hope both are ok.

Legend
Legend
hope both of them end up ok.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Broken wrist is hopefully not too severe. Really glad its not worse for both

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Hopefully they are both OK.

I would suspect that speed was probably involved.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Praying both are ok ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Hopefully they are both OK.

I would suspect that speed was probably involved.

or not having both hands on the wheel

Yeah speed could be involved

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: EveDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whiplash probably wasn't great for the neck issue he already had.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Best wishes Myles.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Damn. Hope he’s okay. Heal quick. Slow down.

Hope Clowney is back Sunday.

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
A Porsche. High-end sports cars can get away from you very fast, esp if you don’t know how to handle them. I don’t know the details obviously, just talking. Glad nobody was severely harmed, that is the most important thing.

My next thought is can he play on Sunday?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg
A Porsche. High-end sports cars can get away from you very fast, esp if you don’t know how to handle them. I don’t know the details obviously, just talking. Glad nobody was severely harmed, that is the most important thing.

My next thought is can he play on Sunday?

That is the part to be determined.

Having been in a pretty bad crash myself, some guy waxed a red light on a blind corner and T-boned me in the passenger side. Other than a few minor cuts from flying glass and a bump on my head from the side mirror hitting me I was OK, but was pretty sore for a few days. I was going around 35, he must have been going around 45 based on damage estimates. No skid marks were noticed in his direction. Thankfully nobody was with me at the time, it would have been bad had anybody been sitting on the passenger side. It was totally crushed. This was pre airbag days, or at least most cars on the road at the time didn't have them. It must have been around 1990.

Being Tuesday he might be good to go by Fridays practice, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had to sit out. No matter, I am just glad it seems that everybody is in good shape considering the circumstances. Flipping a car a time or two has to put a pretty big jolt on the body. He has to be feeling worse this morning then he did yesterday after the crash now that the shock and adrenaline has worn off.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

Legend
Legend
Just waiting for the staph infections so that we can be fully in the mode of recycling all the old ways this team can be stupid.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm certainly glad it isn't serious. That's the most important thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Just waiting for the staph infections so that we can be fully in the mode of recycling all the old ways this team can be stupid.
Lol this crossed my mind too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
We are a completely different organization from those years. Just useless negativity.

Legend
Legend
sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
b: the use or language of sarcasm

3: negativity

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I hear it was a deer that ran out in front on Myles. The deer have been planning this since Myles took out Rudolph.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
4 members like this: lampdogg, jfanent, FATE
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Read Miles tried NOT to hit an animal, turned away, overcompensated on a wet road- thus, he flipped his car several times. Some very good news- both he and his passenger are mostly all right, second- he wasn't doing anything stupid- alcohol, drugs, etc were NOT involved - thus his team leadership is solid/ not tainted, lastly, he was using seatbelt- not necessarily a GIVEN- love the facts- he was doing the right thing and made a common driving mistake. I hope he buys a SUV and forgets the 200 mph racecar. GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by GMdawg
I hear it was a deer that ran out in front on Myles. The deer have been planning this since Myles took out Rudolph.

Couple of thoughts. 1. glad there weren't 'serious' injuries to either of them. 2. I am almost sure, from my standpoint, he won't be playing this week. The soreness from an accident, flipping a car, doesn't show up immediately. 3. Love animals or hate them, my insurance agent has told me numerous times - if an animal runs out in front of you, BRAKE, but don't swerve. If you brake, but hit it, you're covered. If you swerve and miss it, but cause an accident, you very well might not be - at least to the same extent. (meaning, brake, swerve, hit a car/telephone pole - it's a different scenario. He's only been an agent for 30 some years. I think the difference is, hit an animal, your rates won't go up. Miss an animal, cause even a single car accident, your rates WILL go up.)

4. As far as the game, it will be much tougher without MG, possibly Clowney, and JOK.

Legend
Legend
Seriously... get a F150 or something...

<><

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Just read he had a couple of speeding tickets last year - very high speeds relative to the posted limit. Hopefully this is the wake-up call. He/they could have been killed, which would have severely hurt our pass rush. wink

Someone get him a chauffeur.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The girl in the car with him

Maybe she might be a unlicensed massage therapist

And ya know driving fast getting a massage

well

hopefully the deer got away

or what animal it was

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah the “swerved to avoid an animal” defense.

gmstrong

-----------------

A
Legend
Legend
A
As I said earlier, if there isn't a dead animal body, you're pushing it.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
After seeing the road...I don't think the Swerving caused the roll over. Porsches are very tail heavy due to the engine being behind the back wheels. So yes they can be a little tricky to drive. But they also give a lot of confidence to the driver due to the suspension setup and design of the car. Speed MAY have been involved. But even at normal speeds the swerve could very well bring the back out when trying to correct back. Over correction and the weight so far back would have made the car drift. (like the "Scandinavian Flick" used in rally cars to purposely start the drift.) One thing that makes this car so fun to drive. Anyway, even here, the 911 is stable enough just to spin out. But the DITCH was I think the biggest contributor to the rollover. It was a quick drop off from the side of the road (at least 2 ft) and once the car started to go off it....momentum and gravity were his enemy. Wet roads...possibly speed...and over correction started the accident...but it was the ditch that cause the most damaging and dare I say most "newsworthy"(in my most cynical tone towards the media) part of the story.

So very glad to hear Myles is ok and relatively unscathed. I hope he does not try to over do things in trying to return. If he is ready to go...GREAT...but if not and he tries to anyway...he could cause more harm. Any word on the health of his passenger? All I have heard is the original, no life threatening injuries. I hope she is well enough to already have been released from the hospital as well. Don't care who she is...just hope she is well.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PETE314
After seeing the road...I don't think the Swerving caused the roll over. Porsches are very tail heavy due to the engine being behind the back wheels. So yes they can be a little tricky to drive. But they also give a lot of confidence to the driver due to the suspension setup and design of the car. Speed MAY have been involved. But even at normal speeds the swerve could very well bring the back out when trying to correct back. Over correction and the weight so far back would have made the car drift. (like the "Scandinavian Flick" used in rally cars to purposely start the drift.) One thing that makes this car so fun to drive. Anyway, even here, the 911 is stable enough just to spin out. But the DITCH was I think the biggest contributor to the rollover. It was a quick drop off from the side of the road (at least 2 ft) and once the car started to go off it....momentum and gravity were his enemy. Wet roads...possibly speed...and over correction started the accident...but it was the ditch that cause the most damaging and dare I say most "newsworthy"(in my most cynical tone towards the media) part of the story.

So very glad to hear Myles is ok and relatively unscathed. I hope he does not try to over do things in trying to return. If he is ready to go...GREAT...but if not and he tries to anyway...he could cause more harm. Any word on the health of his passenger? All I have heard is the original, no life threatening injuries. I hope she is well enough to already have been released from the hospital as well. Don't care who she is...just hope she is well.

I'm no crash expert; but looking at that stretch of road and the images, that's exactly what I envisioned.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The 911 Turbo S is likely to have High Performance Summer Tires, which are not known for their wet traction. I can't say for certain but the best picture I could find certainly did not look like an all weather performance(which is better but still nothing like our normal sedans). Most drivers of this car either don't really know about the tire and just put on what it came with, or they keep the same tire because the performance those tires bring are exactly what the driver wants. So I do think it likely that Summer tires were on the car.

What I am getting at is that if he did have these types of tires...then normal speeds would be more than enough to cause something like this on a wet/damp road...As a Corvette fan I remember when the C7 Corvette ZR1 was the pace car of that one race and the guy lost control and went into a wall without doing anything overly stupid...
The cars are built for the track and they take just enough of the rough edges off to make you think it is a daily driver....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PETE314

I'm no crash expert; but looking at that stretch of road and the images, that's exactly what I envisioned.

Right, and it looked like he had just crested a hill. If you can't see what is on the other side of a hill, you best slow down a bit because you never know what is out of sight just beyond.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Myles Garrett’s history of speeding has raised questions following accident, records show

Updated: Sep. 29, 2022, 10:05 a.m.|Published: Sep. 29, 2022, 10:05 a.m.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...raised-questions-following-accident.html

By Staff reports

CLEVELAND, Ohio – When Myles Garrett wrecked his Porsche in rural Medina County on Monday, it wasn’t the first time he spent time on the side of the road with police officers.

The Browns defensive end, 26, has been charged with speeding at least five times in the past four years, including last year when he was cited for going 50 mph over the speed limit. His accident on State Road on Monday, when he rolled his Porsche, left him dazed and cut. It is unclear whether speed played a role in the crash.

It is also uncertain whether Garrett will play Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.

Before the accident, his worst driving offense came last year, when he was cited for hitting 120 mph in a 70-mph zone on Interstate 71, near Ohio 3, in Medina County, according to court records. The next day, on Sept. 25, 2021, state troopers again cited Garrett for speeding on I-71, again near Ohio 3.

But he wasn’t going nearly as fast. He reached 105 mph in a 70 mph zone, according to court records and interviews. A judge later amended it to 99 mph.

The stops in Medina took six points off Garrett’s license and cost him more than $550 in fines and court costs. His attorney, Kevin Spellacy, wrote that Garrett could not appear for a hearing in the case because the player was “scheduled to be at work until 12:30 p.m.” His hearing was set for early afternoon.

Garrett later paid the tickets. Spellacy could not be reached for comment.

Court records indicate that Summit County sheriff’s deputies caught up to Garrett in Akron on Interstate 77 on May 12, 2020, and cited him with speeding. He paid $150 for a fine. He also lost two points off his license.

In Ohio, drivers can have their licenses suspended if they lose 12 points within two years.

He was cited for speeding again in Cleveland Municipal Court in October 2019, and Spellacy again represented him. The court’s online docket system could not provide the most basic details of the incident. A year earlier, Garrett was tagged with speeding again in Delaware County, north of Columbus. He paid a $150 fine.

On Monday, authorities released a video from a Medina County sheriff’s deputy after Garrett crashed his car on State Road, near Ridgewood Road, in Sharon Township. He apparently was driving from the Browns’ complex in Berea when the accident happened before 3 p.m. The video showed Garrett sitting near his totaled 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S. He had a bloodied hand and a ripped sweatshirt. He appeared disoriented.

A female passenger was treated nearby. They were treated and released from a nearby hospital.

It is unclear how fast Garrett was going before the accident. A spokesman for the Ohio State Highway Patrol could not be reached.

Troopers previously said Garrett was not impaired by drugs or alcohol. They also confirmed that both passengers were wearing seat belts when Garrett’s gray 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S flipped multiple times.

“We’re very grateful that he and his passenger are alive,” said Ray Santiago, a sergeant with the State Patrol.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Funny how nobody is bashing Myles for being stupid. In the past if a player did this everyone was on their case. It was clear to me by the picture after the crash that he came over that little hill too fast and lost control.Probably went airborne temporarily and tried to get control but couldn't. This, to me is no different than Winslow showing off on his bike. Stupid move by a young rich kid.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Legend
Legend
Can't argue with that at all.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Funny how nobody is bashing Myles for being stupid. In the past if a player did this everyone was on their case. It was clear to me by the picture after the crash that he came over that little hill too fast and lost control.Probably went airborne temporarily and tried to get control but couldn't. This, to me is no different than Winslow showing off on his bike. Stupid move by a young rich kid.

This is the first I have heard about the other incidents. I don't live in the area, so I don't catch every police blotter report. I saw that hill and could tell he couldn't see what was on the other side. I agree, the guy is a menace on the road if he is rolling down the road at 100+ MPH, I don't care what kind of car he owns.

I saw he was charged and the article I read stated he was going 65MPH. I'd bet that somewhere before that hill there is a posted speed much lower than that. I hope this is his wake-up call. If not the guy will be dead, kill someone, or simply be riding Uber about town. If he doesn't know how to act while driving, he doesn't need to be driving.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I understand your take and I am not saying you are wrong. Nor am I trying to argue. Just stating my opinion.

I have seen a lot of speculation on how the accident occured. I have heard talk of people criticizing Myles. Making all these moral judgements that don't involve them.

I'm not going to chastise Myles. He's young. We all make mistakes. I don't have the right to condemn him from some sort of imaginal superior position. I'm just glad that he and his passenger are okay. I think Myles will learn from it because experience is the best teacher. A bunch of folks passing judgement on Myles and this event won't make the accident disappear. It happened. It's in the past. I just wish him the best and pray that he learns from this painful life lesson.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No judgement here. I grew up in the country. I had my Ford Escort up over 90 miles an hour on a long flat country road when I was 17 or 18. Damn near rattled apart but I pushed it anyway. If I had wrecked that pile of junk it wouldn’t have handled it as well as Myles’ Porsche.
No doubt if I had had money, and with that a faster car, I’d have been pushing its limits at his age too. Not saying it’s right. Just saying it’s the reality of a young man and a fast car.

Hope Myles learned a lesson. Glad everyone is okay.
Go Browns.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: GMdawg
All Pro
All Pro
A expensive Porsche. Speed. Wet surface. Undulated road. A lovely women beside and a young “larger than life” driver with bad judgement skills and you have a crash in the making.

Myles should in the future hire a driver whenever he’s taking his (girl)friends on a ride. Pay attention to the right things helps.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Myles Garrett hospitalized after flipping car in crash

Link Copied to Clipboard