#1973441 09/24/22 10:54 AM
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
India And China Finally Voicing Concerns Over Russia’s Actions In Ukraine

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...sias-actions-in-ukraine/?sh=55bc9f083c7a

TOPLINE

India and China raised concerns about the impact of Russia’s ongoing invasion of Ukraine—emphasizing the violation of international law and territorial integrity—at a meeting of the UN Security Council on Thursday, rare signs of dissent from the two countries that were likely prompted by Russian President Vladimir Putin’s implicit threat to use nuclear weapons.

KEY FACTS

Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar said “there can be no justification for violation of human rights or of international law,” pointing to reports of mass killings in Ukrainian territories that were previously under Russian control.

In an apparent criticism of Putin’s veiled threats, Jaishankar said the “nuclear issue is a particular anxiety” and flagged the issue of global food and fuel shortages triggered by the invasion.

Jaishankar also reiterated India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent exchange with Putin where he said “today’s era is not of war,” urging the Russian leader to peacefully end the conflict.

Ahead of a Russian orchestrated referendum to annex Ukraine’s territory, China’s Foreign Minister [censored] Yi said Beijing believes that the “sovereignty and territorial integrity of all countries should be respected” adding “the principles of the U.N. Charter should be observed.”

After a meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping earlier this month, Putin admitted Xi had raised “questions and concerns” about the situation in Ukraine.

The foreign minister of Brazil and South Africa—which are members of the BRICS alliance also featuring Russia, India and China—also condemned the “ongoing conflict and humanitarian crisis in Ukraine” and emphasized the need to maintain the “territorial integrity of states.”

CRUCIAL QUOTE

Recognizing the apparent shift in opinion towards Russia, Secretary of State Antony Blinken told the Security Council: “We hear a lot about the divisions among countries at the United Nations. But recently, what is striking is the remarkable unity among member-states when it comes to Russia’s war on Ukraine…Even a number of nations that maintain close ties with Moscow have said publicly that they have serious questions and concerns about President Putin’s ongoing invasion.”

KEY BACKGROUND

Both India and China have attempted to remain neutral amid the ongoing conflict and have shied away from publicly criticizing Russia. Ahead of the invasion, China said it had a “no limits” partnership with Russia and even agreed it had legitimate concerns about the expansion of NATO in eastern Europe. Since the start of the conflict, Chinese officials have criticized Western sanctions against Russia but it has not provided any military support to Moscow. India has tried to avoid criticizing Russia—its largest supplier of weapons—even as it has developed close ties with the United States amid a brewing regional rivalry with China. As western nations have moved to cut back or sanction Russian energy, India and China have continued to import cheap oil from Russia. Both countries have also refused to participate in the G7’s effort to put a cap on Russian oil prices. However, Russian efforts to annex large swathes of Ukrainian territory and Putin’s threat of using nuclear weapons might have been a bridge too far for both China and India—who are nuclear-armed and have multiple territorial disputes with other nations.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
look guys i've been trying to tell yall this for awhile now: India and China wasn't gonna do anything, especially not India. and not just india, but other countries were buying up cheap russian oil. i told you guys if i was the leader of india or some african countries, i would've bought it too!! That was not gonna have an impact on my relations with the US or the EU, because that's not my fight. that doesn't mean they condoned the actions of Russia, but ukraine has nothing to their energy and development needs inside their borders. yea, they can buy oil, but india wasn't about to send troops to help with russia. and buy the way, india is tight with the US. they ain't boys with Russia like that. they're not gonna risk their relationship with the US over Putin, that's nonsense.

China was ALREADY dealing with big problems in their economy because of COVID and the effects it had on the global economy before Russia invaded Ukraine. invading taiwan isn't worth the risk of being economically blackballed by their TWO MOST IMPORTANT trade partners: the EU and US. yall really thought china was gonna risk screwing that up over taiwan? especially knowing that there would be a DIRECT military response from both the US and NATO over that?

have yall looked at a map? seriously, some of you guys really need to go on google maps and look at china. look at where the capital is located. look at where North Korea and South Korea is located, as well as japan.

now look at where Taiwan is located. China is literally surrounded by the US allies and US military personnel stationed there. they do not possess the ability to defend their country from all those fronts from a BUNCH of different countries. and THATS JUST THE EASTERN side of china. this is why you conservatives and right wingers get clowned. this is why ALLIES and military alliances matters. our country doesn't HAVE to do crap by ourselves. we don't have to go it alone. that's why you have homeboys. thats why it will always be economic battle between china and the US, not military. they would get their asses beat. but more importantly, there's NO REASON to go to war in the first place, because China is already dealing with HUGE demographic issues stemming from that disastrous One Child policy.

yall are seeing real time what happens when you try to fight a modern war using WW2/cold war tactics. the battlefield is cyber and urban, and has been for the last decade. thank god our WOKE military understands that, as we're always updating and evolving our military strategy and technology. but obama told yall that way back in 2012 in a debate. Russia is exactly what you conservatives want the US military to be: all dudes, forced/fake patriotism, all about the size of the military and quantity of tanks and planes, and the inability to adapt and evolve, stuck in the old ways.

thank god our military isnt like conservatives want it to be. cause we'd be taking L's just like Russia is right now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: mgh888, Clemdawg
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Russia gives citizenship to ex-NSA contractor Edward Snowden

https://apnews.com/article/edward-snowden-russian-citizenship-441ab3c037b91145d17f2de2237f834d

of all the countries he fled to...

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Putin is probably doing that to send him to Ukraine as a citizen conscript. rofl

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
4 members like this: Swish, dawglover05, mgh888
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
SWISH, don't forget Turkey- they are also calling for Putin to get out of Ukraine and return ALL Ukrainian land- including the Crimean, which was taken by Russia years earlier. I'm very concerned Putin will use tactical nukes. We used the damn things first, so I'm not sure we have the moral high ground, but JMHO, he's dying and wants what he wants- I don't see him backing down. Our best hope is an insider gets the coconuts to kill him.....very difficult.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Putin is probably doing that to send him to Ukraine as a citizen conscript. rofl

Maybe he's the ultimate double-agent. Maybe he's the one that has now been feeding Russian intelligence to Ukraine. All part of the long game.

wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is getting wayyyyy too far ahead of myself, but I can't help but wonder, if this mobilization goes south and Russia circles the drain again after implementing it, and the Putin regime looks like it's on the verge of collapse, it makes you wonder what steps China will take to prospective regime change.

I also agree with you that China is much more hesitant on Taiwan now after seeing the Ukraine fallout. However, had it been a cake-walk for Russia, as Putin initially predicted, I think that would have "sped up the plan" for China.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This "war" is another in the long lines of "You want Trump? This is how you get Trump".Archer.Png

A ridiculous money washing scheme for a country that virtually no American cares about.

Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
SWISH, don't forget Turkey- they are also calling for Putin to get out of Ukraine and return ALL Ukrainian land- including the Crimean, which was taken by Russia years earlier. I'm very concerned Putin will use tactical nukes. We used the damn things first, so I'm not sure we have the moral high ground, but JMHO, he's dying and wants what he wants- I don't see him backing down. Our best hope is an insider gets the coconuts to kill him.....very difficult.

and it really HAS to be an insider. this cant be a foreign sponsored assassination, cause then he gets martyred and all hell will truly break loose.

and honestly im really surprised with Turkey in a positive way. good to know there's some sort of lines that can't be crossed.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Erdogan still makes me nervous. I feel like it's more about opportunism with him than idealism. If Russia starts retaking the offensive again at some point, I could see him changing his tune again.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
This is getting wayyyyy too far ahead of myself, but I can't help but wonder, if this mobilization goes south and Russia circles the drain again after implementing it, and the Putin regime looks like it's on the verge of collapse, it makes you wonder what steps China will take to prospective regime change.

I also agree with you that China is much more hesitant on Taiwan now after seeing the Ukraine fallout. However, had it been a cake-walk for Russia, as Putin initially predicted, I think that would have "sped up the plan" for China.

i can agree with that with regards to china, even though i still hesitate to think they would've invade taiwan if it ended up being a cake walk for Russia. for example, would china invade taiwan if Russia rolled through ukraine, but the way in which the west unified and responded to Russia with the sanctions still happened? i dont think so.

now if Russia rolled through, and there WASN'T a unified Western response regardless of the outcome, then yea i think china would set the invasion plans into motion.

but overall, what sort of actions do you think china would take if things continue the way they are? you think china would try to annex some russian territory amidst the chaos? go further than that maybe? i really wonder what they would do, because if we think about it....other than some ticked off EU and americans, what sort of pushback would china really receive? probably not much.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Erdogan still makes me nervous. I feel like it's more about opportunism with him than idealism. If Russia starts retaking the offensive again at some point, I could see him changing his tune again.

its definitely opportunism when dealing with Erdogan. however, Turkey's economy is already a wreck, they've already pulled a Rand Paul by trying to act defiant but then ultimately rolling over and allowing Sweden and Finland into NATO, and however pathetic it may be, the country easily gets distracted by beefing with Greece, Syria, and Kurds for <insert reason> So its gonna have to be something like Russia pulling a 180 and completely manhandling ukraine in order for Erdogan to flip.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
05, i'm actually more concerned with the situation developing between Serbia, the EU, and Russia. i really dont know much about that specific region and history, but it seems to be a growing issue.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I was actually speaking more to your scenario where Putin rolled in AND the west was splintered. At that point, I think China might have really started exploring their strategic plans near term.

As far as Russia, I honestly haven't a clue what China would do. If they annexed Russian territory, that would potentially put them at immediately loggerheads with whoever the new regime is, and I think they really need that relationship. The script has flipped now to where Russia is the little brother, but China still relies on them for a lot (gas, aircraft engines, etc.).

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's interesting on Turkey. I didn't realize their economy was reeling right now.

I'm watching Serbia as well. At least they came out today and said they would not recognize the referendums. Victories taken where you get them I guess.

#gmstrong
BpG #1974246 09/28/22 12:25 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by BpG
This "war" is another in the long lines of "You want Trump? This is how you get Trump".Archer.Png

A ridiculous money washing scheme for a country that virtually no American cares about.

Americans used to care about supporting democracies from having their sovereignty taken over through acts of war. Some of us still do. Not so much some others it appears. Ukraine is on the doorstep of NATO allies. It seems you would rather stand by and wait for an all out war with Russia as a viable alternative.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
China invading and conquering Russia was something I started asking friends about a few months ago they ripped through so much equipment and soldiers.

It's a possibility and I don't think anyone would want to help Russia either. Which, would be a huge problem for the rest of the world.

Ultimately, I think the world would need to decide if it was worth it to allow China to be that large and powerful.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That won't happen.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
the world already decided on that issue, specifically the West. China is already OP economically, and they don't actually need to invade Russia to keep that going. that would just be icing on the cake. why?

China rolled up into Africa with that capitalism and trade deals that the US was SUPPOSED to be known for, and we did absolutely nothing to compete against them. they sent roads and bridges, we continued sending bombs and bullets.

and the countries in africa that China is already economically tied to have far more natural resources than Russia does. far more DIVERSITY of resources than Russia does. and surprise surprise, russia isn't the only country with oil.

but hey thats what happens when everything about politics is so american and eurocentric. people forget that theres a lot more places and people around the world that exist than just the US and EU.

China didn't forget though....

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've been wondering about their investments into some of those areas. What is their ROI like? I always saw it as an "emerging markets" thing. There is the potential for a lot of reward, but also a lot of risk. When we invested in Europe after WW2, we were investing in places with previously known allegiance and economic strength. The problem with Africa is that it has already been set way far back by the European colonizers to begin with, and whose drawn borders aren't exactly the most sensible and natural boundaries. That all being said, I know very little as far as how it's worked out for Chinese investments.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I've been wondering about their investments into some of those areas. What is their ROI like? I always saw it as an "emerging markets" thing. There is the potential for a lot of reward, but also a lot of risk. When we invested in Europe after WW2, we were investing in places with previously known allegiance and economic strength. The problem with Africa is that it has already been set way far back by the European colonizers to begin with, and whose drawn borders aren't exactly the most sensible and natural boundaries. That all being said, I know very little as far as how it's worked out for Chinese investments.

right but you still have to start somewhere, right? before getting directly into the numbers, from a political perspective, wouldn't the US have a far better chance of success in Africa than european nations BECAUSE of the colonial era? lets say that instead of spending the money for 20 years in the middle east (assuming that the same number was going to be spent SOMEWHERE overseas), we had spent that money developing certain countries in...lets say West Africa.

do you think our economy would be better or worse today? do you think the geopolitical landscape would be more favorable to the US or worse?

so getting to the numbers, i like reading up on the development (or lack thereof) of african countries, and this is an article from back in 2019 about the relations between some trade partners in africa and china:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...-really-up-to-in-africa/?sh=3404a6385930

this article does a very good job explaining the significance, pros and cons, and future challenges both parties are engaged in. but this part is most important to our discussion:

China needs what Africa has for long-term economic and political stability. Over a third of China's oil comes from Africa, as does 20% of the country’s cotton. Africa has roughly half of the world’s stock of manganese, an essential ingredient for steel production, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo on its own possesses half of the planet’s cobalt. Africa also has significant amounts of coltan, which is needed for electronics, as well as half of the world’s known supply of carbonatites, a rock formation that’s the primary source of rare earths.

_______

more than a third of China's oil is imported from Africa. i can only imagine how easily they can raise that number if needed, without having to threaten or sanction a country to do it either. most of our electronics comes from China and Taiwan, which also happens to be the countries that import the rare earth minerals from Africa the most.

remember the semiconductor crisis we're still not all the way out of? do we suffer less damage in this situation if we we had big trade deals that granted us access to said minerals?

what if we had sent our manufacturing industry to Africa instead of China? i wonder what our situation would be economically...

remember, 05. no matter what the situation is, you gotta start somewhere. the difference between China and the US is that they started and followed through; we didn't. whats even more frustrating is that there's still plenty of real estate in Africa to due so really big deals, but ya know...it's africa. for me 05, we in america always like to say "its the economy, stupid",but when it comes to africa, building up their economy somehow wouldn't work.

by the way, some of those african countries have more political stability because of a growing economy, due to the fact that china showed some follow through. there's a lot of articles on the issue, ill post these:

https://www.orfonline.org/research/china-in-africa/
https://qz.com/africa/2123474/china-africa-trade-reached-an-all-time-high-in-2021/
https://www.fpri.org/article/2022/01/chinese-economic-engagement-in-africa/

those definitely have more detailed numbers and growth charts. and you are right, right now Africa is still an emerging market. but isnt that the beauty of it, just from a pure capitalist perspective? get in now while its cheap? yesterday's price is not todays price.

thats all im saying. i know you arent, but in general, nobody can claim that the opportunities aren't just sitting there.

just from my perspective, i really do wonder if all the money we lost spending it in the middle east on a bunch of people who want nothing to do with us, how much PROFIT would we have made with that same investment in a region of continent where they want to be LIKE us?

we spent all that money in the middle east on people who hate americans, but ignored spending money on african countries who love us.

and watch how we spend more money to predictably build Ukraine back up, and how little we spend in a booming emerging market. ya know, countries who actually provide economic value to us, unlike ukraine.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think one has to consider that China went from a third world county to a global economic powerhouse in a matter of five decades. If anyone knows how to develop economic success in nations far behind the curve it's China.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think one has to consider that China went from a third world county to a global economic powerhouse in a matter of five decades. If anyone knows how to develop economic success in nations far behind the curve it's China.

right but they didn't do that by themselves. China started investing into Africa way back in the 1940's and 50's. its just more recently has those investments into africa dramatically increased. China also needed a country to basically hand them a manufacturing base. our country said "we got you bro".

china did a great job building up, and thats all good.

but we're freaking the US. we raise capital and big investments in our sleep. we can absolutely demolish china when it comes to economic development in emerging markets.

so thats the thing, pit. China did that because they had to. We WON'T even though we can, simply because we dont feel like it. its frustrating.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
China is only a threat because WE, the American people, built their economy by buying cheap Chinese-made trinkets and sparkles for 50 years. We literally showered China with trillions. Now they are the boogeyman to the people they fleeced. China is not going to end the golden goose situation they have going with the west and EU over Russia or anything else if they can help it... Not yet anyway.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Swish, I get where you're coming from "some". I'm retired military- JMHO, we've invested in Middle East for decades due to nukes present. Historically real bad things have come out of Middle East- your comments on we are the USA- yah, we are, you're more hopeful then this old fart= homeless EVERYWHERE, Portland, Seattle, LA, San Fran, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta- not even mentioning the illegal alien issue we have in southwest US.....yet, we the USA.....I'm upset we're protecting a democracy with BILLIONS and BILLIONS- with a seemingly unending price tag....let's print more money and fix all the worlds problems.

African wars with thousands of deaths have not gotten the worlds attention because the world is racist AND there is no real power there. JMHO. Wish we spent more money on us and development vs war.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
I honestly think Ukraine is worth the investment regardless of the costs, simply because it has exposed Putin. You can't put a price tag on that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks for providing that, and I don't want to detract from the thread any further. I didn't mean to make a comparison of spending on our wars vs that investment opportunity, because i think the answer there is obvious. Doing it for the sake of receiving natural resources makes sense, though, pragmatically.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
China is only a threat because WE, the American people, built their economy by buying cheap Chinese-made trinkets and sparkles for 50 years. We literally showered China with trillions. Now they are the boogeyman to the people they fleeced. China is not going to end the golden goose situation they have going with the west and EU over Russia or anything else if they can help it... Not yet anyway.

I think they're trying, but not really succeeding on that front, at least yet. They have talked for a while about pivoting from an exporting economy to a consumer economy similar to the US' construct, but that hasn't gone well for them, yet. I think the issue they have there is that their Government needs to understand that they can't be so involved, which is really a non-starter for them. They pretty much have the opposite problem we have. Our Government is controlled by the corporations and China is trying to exert too much control in the opposite direction.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I honestly think Ukraine is worth the investment regardless of the costs, simply because it has exposed Putin. You can't put a price tag on that.

I agree with this. There has been a lot of asymmetrical success in their favor. When you don't even consider the human rights and self-determination aspects of the war, and look at it myopically from a pragmatic lens, the amount of damage currently being done to our second largest (some might argue first) adversary, who is objectively a huge PiTA, is worth it. I look at it through both lenses.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
'The entire World is at stake': Trump pitches himself to head up negotiations between Ukraine and Russia

Donald Trump proposed himself as the solution to the war in Ukraine after apparent explosions damaged the Nord Stream pipelines.

European leaders say the leaks are likely the result of sabotage, which Trump has blamed on the U.S. and Russia has blamed on Ukraine, and the former president offered to lead negotiations to wind down the Kremlin's invasion of its neighbor -- whose president he was impeached for trying to extort.

"Everyone is talking about the big hurricane barreling into Florida, as they should be," Trump posted early Wednesday morning, "but perhaps a far more important event in the longer term was the announcement that the Nord Stream I & II Pipelines out of Russia (which I brought to the World’s attention as President when I explained how crippling reliance on it could be for Germany and other parts of Europe. Everybody laughed at the time, but they are not laughing anymore!) has been SABOTAGED. This could lead to major escalation, or War!"

"U.S. 'Leadership' should remain 'cool, calm, and dry' on the SABOTAGE of the Nord Stream Pipelines," Trump added. "This is a big event that should not entail a big solution, at least not yet. The Russia/Ukraine catastrophe should NEVER have happened, and would definitely not have happened if I were President. Do not make matters worse with the pipeline blowup. Be strategic, be smart (brilliant!), get a negotiated deal done NOW. Both sides need and want it. The entire World is at stake. I will head up group???"

The pipelines have been at the center of geopolitical tensions in recent months as Russia cut gas supplies to Europe in suspected retaliation against Western sanctions following its invasion of Ukraine.

While the pipelines, which are operated by a consortium majority-owned by Russian gas giant Gazprom, are not currently in operation, they both still contain gas but the environmental impact appeared limited so far.

One of the leaks on Nord Stream 1 occurred in the Danish economic zone and the other in the Swedish economic zone, while the Nord Stream 2 leak was in the Danish economic zone.

A leak was first reported on Nord Stream 2 on Monday.

"Authorities have now been informed that there have been another two leaks on Nord Stream 1, which likewise is not in operation but contains gas," Danish climate and energy minister Dan Jorgensen told AFP in a statement on Tuesday.

"It is too early to say anything about the causes of the incidents," the Danish Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities said in a statement.

Denmark's energy agency has, however, called for "higher levels of preparedness in the electricity and gas sector" in the country, Jorgensen said.

Russia said it was "extremely concerned" about the situation.

Asked by reporters whether it could be an act of sabotage, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that at the moment "it is impossible to exclude any options".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...DF?cvid=a567de18a659446ee1f477e933c683df

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
donny’s solution would be to hand Ukraine over to his buddy Putin.
No thanks don. You can sit this one out. And the next one. And the next. And the next. Matter of fact, just sit your fat arse aside until you’re in a box in the ground.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I do understand what you're saying but we were not alone. China had itself cut off from any trade with the outside world. They totally shifted that strategy. Without reinventing their entire economic system they would still be a third world country.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I do understand what you're saying but we were not alone. China had itself cut off from any trade with the outside world. They totally shifted that strategy. Without reinventing their entire economic system they would still be a third world country.

bro i agree with you. my point is that we dont possess that degree of difficulty. we can just DO it. there's nothing we have to do as americans to transform anything to make this happen. we can EASILY go to other countries - specifically in africa - and negotiate trade deals and make it rain.

but when it comes to african countries, we just don't WANT to. we dont FEEL like doing it. despite the fact that they're the biggest emerging market in the world. despite the fact that they have a ridiculous abundance of rare earth minerals and other resources that we need to sustain our economy with EASE.

but i bet if ukraine or some EE country had those things, we'd already have the materials moving before the ink dried.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Pit, it looks like there's about to be a nasty refugee crisis coming out of Russia soon.

we NEED bodies in this country because we are running completely inefficiently as an economy due to a lack of bodies.

look at how we treat the refugees and migrants coming from latin/south america. now answer this: if the country decided to bring in russian migrants/refugees, you think the country gonna give the same level of pushback with them that they do migrants from the south? or will the same conservatives welcome them with open arms?

thats always the issue with America. it's not whether or not we can, its about whether or not we FEEL like it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Are you referring to the people who are fleeing Russia right now because of the mobilization? Honest question, because I hadn't heard that yet.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually think we agree far more than we disagree. We used to have leaders with foresight and forward thinkers in charge of this nation. The last ones I can think of were Ike and JFK. Now it's all centered around political infighting and a full time emphasis on gamesmanship. It doesn't bode well for the future.

I think Russians will be welcome into this country with open arms. I mean just look at their complexion.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Are you referring to the people who are fleeing Russia right now because of the mobilization? Honest question, because I hadn't heard that yet.

yep. you havent seen the pics and videos of these russian males fleeing the country right now due to the mobilization? my comments are based on Vlad continuing the crap, which means the amount of russians fleeing the country will only increase.

i would LOVE to be wrong and the opposite happens, but men like Vlad aren't the kind of leaders to admit they are wrong and change the course; they just double down on the horrible decision making.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, the satellite images are bonkers. Flights were like $16K to get out of Moscow. I read they were even trying to draft men as they were leaving the country.

"Ahhh, Ivan, yes we have your conscription notice right here, coincidentally."

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Yeah, the satellite images are bonkers. Flights were like $16K to get out of Moscow. I read they were even trying to draft men as they were leaving the country.

"Ahhh, Ivan, yes we have your conscription notice right here, coincidentally."

yep. but then over here:

U.S. says ex-Army major and his wife tried to leak military health data to Russia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-charges-ex-army-major-160134707.html

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Ukraine and Russia

Link Copied to Clipboard