Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I don't care about Alex Jones or whether he was found guilty or not. However, the $965M judgement is f'ing laughable.

Please explain why you think that

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1978728 10/13/22 10:41 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
For a variety of reasons, but it can all be encapsulated with the fact it isn't realistic.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Based upon what? Is there an appropriate amount for what everyone of the victims families suffered at the hands of jones's lies?

What amount would that be? How would you know? You did not go through what they did.

Damage is based upon what was made off the lies as well as what happened to those families.

Thankfully the ruling is based upon all the facts including the money and how that money was made.

Your opinion is all yours. So be it. But the facts and law are not opinions.

bonefish #1978738 10/13/22 11:05 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

There is a segment of our society that is very confused as to what free speech actually means. It doesn't mean you can just throw out any combination of word vomit you choose to. You can not use speech to incite imminent lawless actions. You can not use it to commit slander on someone. You can not use speech to defame someone or to commit libel. And now often times we see people trying to excuse illegal behavior under the guise of free speech. It's quite sad really.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1978742 10/13/22 11:34 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
It is sad and often justice is not a given.

jones and those like him that deal in that arena of lies need to be brought to justice. Then maybe just maybe there will be consideration to what penalty may have to be paid.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c:

I don't care about Alex Jones or whether he was found guilty or not. However, the $965M judgement is f'ing laughable.

I actually agree with you. I am just curious however. The words Jones said caused these parents to be threatened, told their children never were victims of a school shooting, that they and their children were simply actors in an attempt to pass gun laws by the government and underwent a lot of abuse at his hands. Just how much do you think that's worth?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1978749 10/13/22 12:21 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here is a prime example of someone who either doesn't have a clue what the limits of free speech are or is trying to confuse people. Neither is a good thing.....

But then again who didn't expect something like this from her?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1978755 10/13/22 12:53 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c:

I actually agree with you. I am just curious however. The words Jones said caused these parents to be threatened, told their children never were victims of a school shooting, that they and their children were simply actors in an attempt to pass gun laws by the government and underwent a lot of abuse at his hands. Just how much do you think that's worth?

I **think** (I am no expert - so if I have aspects of this wring, feel free to educate me) -

The punitive damages are for a number of reasons:

- Lying - and doubling down on the lies. Continuing to lie even when beyond any doubt it was a lie. And he benefited financially through growing notoriety because of his Sandy Hook lies. I don't know what portion of his "empire" is built off the back of those specific lies? But a large $$$ amount for sure.

- His "apologies" were insincere and just like the response to the $965M damages verdict - I feel sure he's mocked the apology and used it to further profit from the original lies.

- At every step of the way he has attempted to move monies, hide and lie about his net worth, thwart the system, circumnavigate the system at every step ... much like Trump he is trying to subvert due process.

- We've seen parents talking about their children's grave's being desecrated and urinated on as a direct reaction to Alex Jones lies and spin.... individuals having to move homes/cities. I can't imagine losing a child. I can't imagine mass media telling the world it was a hoax. I can't imagine the resting place for that child being defiled like that.

- It's supposed to be Punitive. He fully deserves to be bankrupt. He won't be.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1978759 10/13/22 01:31 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah I always hesitate to react to the sum given for punitive damages in cases like this, because there are a multitude of factors that I just really don't know, or at least don't know yet.

Punitive damages in essence seek not only to punish, but also to deter behavior. In order to do that, the jury has to consider what amount would actually be appropriate to achieve that end goal (hence the whole McDonald's hot coffee case way back when).

They also consider the level of intent. Was it reckless behavior? Was it intentional and malicious? All that comes into play in the consideration.

With all that in mind, we've seen snippets here and there from the news, but I don't actually know what was actually put before the panel where this figure came out as the ultimate decision. For that reason, I am hesitant to criticize it, one way or the other, at least at this point.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
dawglover05 #1978762 10/13/22 02:05 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I am guessing we may learn more - but you hit the nail on the head and framed into legalese ... Recklessness, and actions that were calculated, intentional and malicious with the net aim and result that he would profit: fame/brand, notoriety and financially. Sadly this court case will have not diminished those things.

mgh888 #1978763 10/13/22 02:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not to mention the hundreds of millions of dollars he and infowars got from his douchbagery.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
bonefish #1978799 10/13/22 04:10 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Here is a breakdown of how much went to each plaintiff.

And why.

bonefish #1978824 10/13/22 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugly Precedent Set by Jury in Alex Jones Trial by Awarding Former FBI Agent $90 Million for Getting His Feelings Hurt
By J.D. Rucker • Oct. 13, 2022

The billion dollar verdict dropped on Alex Jones yesterday sent shockwaves that will reverberate for years, possibly decades as a direct attack against freedom of speech as well as freedom of thought. Those who the jury deemed injured by Jones’ accusations of being “crisis actors” were all rewarded with unprecedented paydays. Among those set to get a huge payday is Bill Aldenberg, a former FBI agent who responded to the Sandy Hook mass murder.

Aldenberg also happens to have been lead investigator for John Durham in his alleged attempts to hold Russiagate perpetrators accountable.

According to Daily Wire:

William Aldenberg, who as an FBI agent responded to the December 14, 2012 shooting at a Connecticut elementary school and testified at the Connecticut trial to determine how much Jones must pay in damages, was one of the government witnesses in the trial. He told the jury he was hurt by Jones’ claims the shooting, in which 20 first-graders and six educators were killed, was a hoax perpetrated by “crisis actors.”

“No, no. No, sir,” an emotional Aldenberg testified when attorney Christopher Mattei, who represented families of the victims, asked if there were any actors at the school. “No. It’s awful, awful.”

For Aldenberg to receive compensation from Jones because he was “hurt by Jones’ claims” sets a horrible precedent against free speech. Cops across the country are called far worse than “crisis actor” by people every day. There is absolutely zero justification for awarding him that kind of money, or really any money at all. Aldenberg did not have his career affected. He did not lose money as a result of Jones’ accusations. He did not have to seek expensive psychological treatments or do things that harmed himself or others. He got his feelings hurt and that’s somehow worth a $90 million jackpot.

As I noted in my opening on yesterday’s episode of The JD Rucker Show, this show trial was not about what Alex Jones said but who he is and what he represents. By slapping him with this outrageous verdict and including a former law enforcement officer on the beneficiary list, we are being told that going against the mainstream narrative is anathema. We are being told that we will be punished for speaking out whether we’re right or not.

Get called names by an influencer, produce some tears on the witness stand, and get paid. That’s the play being run by people like Bill Aldenberg against Alex Jones. And an influenced jury in a corrupt show trial helped write the check.

https://thelibertydaily.com/ugly-pr...0-million-for-getting-his-feelings-hurt/

SuperBrown #1978831 10/13/22 06:59 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Bro, he lied about kids getting shot, and inspired people to urinate on their graves. Give it up.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
bonefish #1978880 10/13/22 09:54 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh I forgot about Fox being sued, I bet Murdock is paying attention. Looking forward to any positive changes he may make. Seeing Hannity, Tucker, and Ingraham all broke and needing work would make my day.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
SuperBrown #1978881 10/13/22 09:55 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
rofl

dawglover05 #1978886 10/13/22 10:05 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Bro, he lied about kids getting shot, and inspired people to urinate on their graves. Give it up.

Absolutely... dude is a nut job... I'm interested to see if the families actually see any of that money...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1978893 10/13/22 10:25 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
If they do, it may take a decade between appeals and bankruptcy. I wonder if his victims will get paid before his creditors in BK proceedings. Does anybody know how that would work?

I'm fairly certain when they are done he will have nothing for the rest of his life. At least in his name. Also, I think if the BK discharge is not allowed, he's on the hook for this for all future earnings/holdings as well. He'll need to play financial cat and mouse to afford McDonald's.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/13/22 10:29 PM.

SuperBrown #1978895 10/13/22 10:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
:
Get called names by an influencer, produce some tears on the witness stand, and get paid. That’s the play being run by people like Bill Aldenberg against Alex Jones. And an influenced jury in a corrupt show trial helped write the check.

Sure. rolleyes

mgh888 #1978898 10/13/22 10:31 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
The truly sad part about that statement is that he 100% believes what he is saying. Could you imagine being that far gone?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/13/22 10:31 PM.

OldColdDawg #1978915 10/14/22 06:40 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
If they do, it may take a decade between appeals and bankruptcy. I wonder if his victims will get paid before his creditors in BK proceedings. Does anybody know how that would work?

I'm fairly certain when they are done he will have nothing for the rest of his life. At least in his name. Also, I think if the BK discharge is not allowed, he's on the hook for this for all future earnings/holdings as well. He'll need to play financial cat and mouse to afford McDonald's.

Hard to answer as there are many options that can transpire. Each option leads to a different answer.

The big point is the verdict is largely symbolic. The $billion is far more than jones or Inforwars is worth. The jury could have awarded $50 billion and it wouldn't have mattered.

After that, rarely does the defendant end up with nothing and live out their life as a pauper. IRA's are protected, there are homestead exemptions, as well as several other ways to cushion the final exposure, such as already having things titled in someone else's name. If the transfers are recent, they may be open for litigation.

It will take years to sort through. My guess is the plaintiffs will eventually sell off the verdict award to some sort of hedge fund in order to get something and be done with the the legal aspect of the case.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
OldColdDawg #1978929 10/14/22 08:28 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
SB is just like his goon guru. He promotes his garbage. That actually puts him on equal footing.

For someone to support and promote jones the light of truth is blinding. He lives in lies.

SB is a wannabe jones. When someone shows who they are; believe that. That is who and what SB is.

OldColdDawg #1978937 10/14/22 08:57 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

My guess is he'll go the OJ route with a series of trusts and whatnot set up rather elaborately.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1979173 10/15/22 07:40 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
The families of Sandy Hook are coming at jones like he came at them.

Now they have the law behind them.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

There is no such judgement that is laughable in this situation. Do I believe that he will have to pay all that money,,, Of course not. He doesn't have it.

DO I believe they will get most of his assets over time? Yes I do, but as long as there are idiots out there willing to donate to him for being the Ahole that he is, he'll not starve.

I'd just like to know, what causes another human being to treat the parents of a tragedy such as this with such total disregard? Why do it? why say it was fake? Is it just for the money?

Further, what causes followers of this Ass to bother/attack/harass the loved ones of those lost? Can't they do their own research to see that it actually happened? Are they so weak that they can't think.

For Jones to ever speak of Christian beliefs as he does, shows me he's more of a christian on his lips who has Hatred in his heart. Just like Boebert, Green, Trump and so many of these so called TV Preachers and politicians that think the way to get elected is to preach the word of god but act more like the Devil when it comes to helping people.

Words matter, but actions are more important

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
mgh888 #1979200 10/15/22 10:11 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Clear picture of a weak sick mind.

"a corrupt show trial."

To call the parents in trial about a tragedy where their children were murdered. "a corrupt show trial?"

A display of super brown's true character.

You are a repulsive creature super brown.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus alex jones

Link Copied to Clipboard