Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Saw I usually hold off a day or two when we lose but for some reason All the hurt came when we made that trade and it included no draft per say and no QB for most the season. So for me the season was over.

I refuse to die so I will be here for many seasons. We should have been making a championship run finally but instead we are not and The TEAM gave up on me not the other way around. I am a lifer regarding being a Browns fan.

Doh...What did I see...lol laugh

JB...I got my hopes up on JB and his QB skills but he is who I thought he was. A Backup QB that will probably never win a Championship. He does his pre-snap reads and then locks onto to him and then its him or if we are lucky a last second dump off pass. JB can and should run a heck of a lot more. They did their homework and sort of knew where JB was going to lock onto and it wasn't there. The other thing I saw from JB was PANIC. He wasn't relaxed and cool as he went into panic mode that 4th qtr. JB when you go for it on 4th down on goal to goal and we are passing the ball. As you scramble about just throw the ball pick a guy and time on the play is running out...just throw the ball to a player and spot where you know he will fight for the ball and who knows. DPJ, Bell, For some reason not Coop and I would take Njoku. Don't throw the ball away please, Thank you.

Ski what were you thinking. OK it was our opening drive which we executed very well and got to GOAL to GO at the 3. It wasn't your call on 4th down all though I was leaning for a definite shot at the FG. But what I had a problem with the decision was actually our 3rd down decision - knowing that we are going to go for it I would have even done a QB sneak and got us close. Instead we rushed up to the LOS and ran up the middle - I cannot remembering that working for us in the past. It just got us at a loss and then to go for it there and then on 4th down. My first thought was why did we make that 3rd down decision that we did if we knew we were going for it on 4th down. It probably cost us the game.

Also I think we made a big time effort to make Njoku into a super star and the key was win or lose on his TALENT. I felt like we were being force fed that NJOKU is the man and we made a lot of plays to high-lite him. Many I thought should have been made to Chubb or Hunt not Njoku I'm talking about those screens. Then an end around play - He is not that superstar. I know we paid him a lot of money but sorry he is not that guy.

Defense well we gave up our 1st and 2nd round picks of the draft so we did not have that rookie talent to make some impact plays for us when our veterans got hurt. We got 2 studs....TWO and not much else behind him well both were out No Clowney and No Garrett. Not enough impact from the DL. JOK normally could have picked up some of the slack but we didn't use him for attack too much and when we did he just didn't have that extra something. I thought our LBs did a good job our CBs played well I didn't like the play of our Safeties they played as if they were tentative to NOT MAKE that mistake. They had no edge to their game. Delpit has to learn how to tackle - I am losing my hopes for his play something just isn't there.

I know we made it but that decision to go for it on 4th down just is not a good decision it was still early in the game and I think we were just at our 30...You don't go for it there. If you got a fake punt and want to maybe but it still gets a cringe from me. You just don't go for it there as a rule. Still probably not much talk on that decision cause again we MADE the first but just saying that is a NO NO so I didn't like that call.

Bottom line our defense is not executing the simple things and we just do not have enough talent there on the DL It is hurting this team. Bad move on the Trade that I say was a terrible decision. So no pain as I am going into these games with the attitude that we are built to LOSE not win and if we do WIN, Great!!! But if we do lose I'm thinking that is what is expected of us.

Chubb and Hunt were our studs and instead of building our game plan to high-liite their talents as that is our teams best side we go and try to prove an UNPROVEN to become that stud.

Just What I saw...how bout you guys/gals anything you saw that is worthwhile sharing?
God Bless you all!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
The Falcons played a good game.

They deserve credit. They made big plays. They stopped the Browns on the goal line. The defender put his helmet on the ball in the Njoku fumble.
They made an interception to end the game. They ran the ball effectively when it counted. They made more plays.

Funny how when the schedule comes out people look at it and say "win this one: lose that one."

The NFL is so even. It never works the way people think it will.

The Browns were missing their best player and a lot of guys on defense. Hard to beat a pretty good offense with that many out.

The division has not changed everyone lost.

Now that it has been figured out who is to blame and who should be fired I guess we still have games to play.

Actually I thought the Browns did not play all that bad. We ran ran the ball effectively. There were some good throws and catches.
Like many NFL games it came down to few plays. The Browns did not make them. The Falcons did.

I guess I could single out a few guys who played well or poorly but I don't feel like it.

I like to read about who's fault it was and who should be fired.

I imagine the same is being said in Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. Fire Harbaugh. He went for the TD. Fire Tomlin he lost to the Jets and should start Pickett.

I do see some humor about Jacoby. After last week lots of discussion about he should play when Watson returns. Now he sucks again and he is just a backup.

Me, I am on to the next game.

Last edited by bonefish; 10/03/22 11:11 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Saw I usually hold off a day or two when we lose but for some reason All the hurt came when we made that trade and it included no draft per say and no QB for most the season. So for me the season was over.

I refuse to die so I will be here for many seasons. We should have been making a championship run finally but instead we are not and The TEAM gave up on me not the other way around. I am a lifer regarding being a Browns fan.

JB...I got my hopes up on JB and his QB skills but he is who I thought he was. A Backup QB that will probably never win a Championship. He does his pre-snap reads and then locks onto to him and then its him or if we are lucky a last second dump off pass. JB can and should run a heck of a lot more. They did their homework and sort of knew where JB was going to lock onto and it wasn't there. The other thing I saw from JB was PANIC. He wasn't relaxed and cool as he went into panic mode that 4th qtr. JB when you go for it on 4th down on goal to goal and we are passing the ball. As you scramble about just throw the ball pick a guy and time on the play is running out...just throw the ball to a player and spot where you know he will fight for the ball and who knows. DPJ, Bell, For some reason not Coop and I would take Njoku. Don't throw the ball away please, Thank you.

Just for the purpose of accuracy:

QBR: JB at 61.4 [9th overall. BM at 15.4 [32nd overall.]

Rating: JB 87.1. BM 75.

TD: JB and BM both w/4.

Int: JB w/2. BM w/3.

Sacks: JB @ 5. BM @ 11.

Comp. %: JB at 64.6. BM at 54.7.

As to What I Saw.

I put most of it on the Post Game thread, but to me, the biggest difference in the game was that the game could have went either way and it came down to the trenches. Not the playcalling. Not the skilled guys. Not the QB play It was about the offensive and defensive lines of both teams. We won some. They won some. Again, we could have very easily won that game, but at the end of the day, they had a slight advantage in the trenches [on this particular day] and it resulted in us losing a very close game.

Legend
Legend
Hi Eo

Last week I wrote that JB was starting to make me wonder about my original thoughts on him. Now after yesterday I'm back to where I was all along...

But for me, it's not all on him. some of the play calling, like at the end of the first drive, made me think, geez, what happened to always putting up points when you can.

Without a doubt, not one of my most fun sunday afternoons watching the Browns.

Late game collapse.. Yikes...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns had a prime opportunity to capture 1st place
In the North. The QB they faced is a 1st Rd flop on
His 3rd team. So the Falcons put the game in the hands
Of their RBs..and guess what it worked
Stefanski needs to start coaching with more feel
Than analytics all the time.
He is a very robotic coach.

The Browns are lacking tenacity on defense
Everyone is a athlete but no one plays with
Fire or intensity. But it's been that way since 1999
The Browns have no tone setters on that side
Of the ball.
This game also showed the shortcomings on offense
Their are no playmakers outside of Hunt and Chubb
Wake me up when DPJ reaches the end zone
Felton and Schwartz only reach the field when it's
Warm-ups.

The dline got pimp slapped up and down

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by eotab

Ski what were you thinking. OK it was our opening drive which we executed very well and got to GOAL to GO at the 3. It wasn't your call on 4th down all though I was leaning for a definite shot at the FG. But what I had a problem with the decision was actually our 3rd down decision - knowing that we are going to go for it I would have even done a QB sneak and got us close. Instead we rushed up to the LOS and ran up the middle - I cannot remembering that working for us in the past. It just got us at a loss and then to go for it there and then on 4th down. My first thought was why did we make that 3rd down decision that we did if we knew we were going for it on 4th down. It probably cost us the game.

He does that a lot. His "feel" for what's happening and what may transpire is poor. We need a real head coach. Not a wanna be HC who is stuck on being an OC...with his head buried in that Waffle House menu of his. He's not the guy...we need to upgrade that position. Ski did a nice job with this mess of a franchise in getting us away from the Freddie-madness and dealing with the cancer WR and departed QB drama / ineffectiveness...but he's hit his ceiling...time to move up and on. Gotta figure out how to keep Callahan and Stump...but that's it.

I saw Ward look like a high school player (again) and I saw Myles get the same number of sacks this week as last week...same # of solo tackles too. "Leaders" that play poorly and make themselves unavailable won't ever lead a dominant defense.

I saw I. Thomas take on a double team and maintain his run responsibility...so they know that's a thing. I saw Winfrey destroy a guy.

I saw that regardless of who has the "green dot" we still can't get our coverages right in Q4.

I saw Jacoby be...well...Jacoby. Can't take that sack...then turn around and throw into double coverage to end the game.

These next (7) games are gonna be brutal...and our new QB will not have played in (100) weeks for the 8th game after those (7).

Why is Felton on the 53 roster (and active) if DPJ will field punts when Rogers doesn't?

Why is Mond on the roster?

How long will Berry roll with these DTs?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We looked like a team that was missing 3/4 of its starting DL. Couldn't get hardly any pressure. Considering that, the D actually held up pretty well. Unfortunately, there was no Myles to chase down Mariota and eventually guys got open instead of those plays putting ATL behind the chains.

Jacoby got greedy at the end. He tried to pick all the yardage back up in one play. Forced it into coverage. Atlanta did a good job against the screen game and put us behind the chains several times including setting up that long distance to go INT. Sometimes the other team just has the right calls to beat your call. We got caught like that a few times it appeared.

I thought Bell made some nice catches. I'm all for him getting some of Bryant's snaps, especially in the red zone. Try to lighten the box down there. Bryant isn't drive blocking anybody. Spread them out, and all our RBs need is a little crease. Crack down on a DE with WR motion, and I'll take Chubb or Hunt one on one with a CB. Or at least use Bryant in that role. Inline inside the 5, he's pretty useless blocking.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Just for the purpose of accuracy:

QBR: JB at 61.4 [9th overall. BM at 15.4 [32nd overall.]

Rating: JB 87.1. BM 75.

TD: JB and BM both w/4.

Int: JB w/2. BM w/3.

Sacks: JB @ 5. BM @ 11.

Comp. %: JB at 64.6. BM at 54.7.

As to What I Saw.

I put most of it on the Post Game thread, but to me, the biggest difference in the game was that the game could have went either way and it came down to the trenches. Not the playcalling. Not the skilled guys. Not the QB play It was about the offensive and defensive lines of both teams. We won some. They won some. Again, we could have very easily won that game, but at the end of the day, they had a slight advantage in the trenches [on this particular day] and it resulted in us losing a very close game.

I could give two dinks about stats but what the heck, why put Baker Mayfield in their - What is the Matter with you. I don't care about Baker and what you are trying to prove..smh the only way to make a comparison is have Baker play on our team this season and compare what he does here...not on the Panthers. But why put that in.

just for the record about every game is won in the trenches. Our OL was doing a better job than theirs. But our DL was so understaffed with talent that they won a lot especially in the later part of the game. You say you only do Baker cause the Baker boys post about him - I am not a Baker Boy. There is no way to compare so why Bother. What he would do here this year with a full camp and preseason? Who knows? Its impossible so why bother to try. If Baker has a great game I might say something in the "Other Games" thread but not here. Its time for you to put on your big boy pants and start posting like you use to - remember Football.
Have a nice day.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay tab. I won't pollute your thread any longer. Wishing you good health.

1 member likes this: eotab
P
Legend
Legend
P
He just can't help himself.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish

Actually I thought the Browns did not play all that bad. We ran ran the ball effectively. There were some good throws and catches.
Like many NFL games it came down to few plays. The Browns did not make them. The Falcons did.

I guess I could single out a few guys who played well or poorly but I don't feel like it.

I like to read about who's fault it was and who should be fired.

I imagine the same is being said in Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. Fire Harbaugh. He went for the TD. Fire Tomlin he lost to the Jets and should start Pickett.

The Browns really missed Myles and Clowney.. a lot of those late runs for big chunks of yards were simple off-tackle runs that bounced outside and our DEs were always crashing down and there was nobody out there to turn the play back inside.. I'm not about firing anybody, we knew going in that our DL and LB up the middle in the run stopping spots was a liability.. well, it showed.

As for Baltimore, they aren't made a Harbaugh, there is a lot of rumbling about them wanting to fire the DC because of the two fairly large blown leads this year.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: lampdogg
Legend
Legend
Tab, my thing is that even with clowney and garrett on the field, the middle of our line is atrocious. JOK and taki are good LBs, but damn our DTs do not eat up blocks and are routinely getting to the second level and getting their hands on our LBs. i'm glad we have a secondary that isn't afraid to hit, but the lack of talent in the interior is leaving our entire defense exposed.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The DT position is not good and looks worse with Myles and Clowney out.

It appears the Browns are walking high wire at DT. They have money but don't want to spend it because they are dealing with next year this year.

To a degree IMO the Browns know this year at best is chancy. They may be plotting for next season.

Guys like Suh and others are only going to play in their ideal situation. They do not need to play.

So, I think the defense is suppose to try and cover up their weakness.

I don't like it because it seemed so obvious early on and I did not see them bringing in guys to audition.

So it going to be a problem unless the players playing get better.

O
Legend
Legend
O
What about Baker?

We're just an average NFL team, a middle-of-the-pack team at this point. We could get better or have an awful season still. We've seen good flashes and a lot of not-so-good moments so far. This last game was others having tape on JB now in the offense, and I won't say bad coaching, but coaching damn sure had a hand in the loss. We also have a lot of players out, so that plays into it too. We are what we are.

Like you, I thought this would be our year at a run too, going into and earlier the offseason I felt good about where we were at. I think that was one part of me getting so mad. The other part was obvious, but that is being addressed so no need to do it here. With how you have felt lately, I know that feeling had to be even worse for you. I 100% get it. But like you, I've put it behind me and still have hopes we will do it it eventually, there's always always always next year in Cleveland. I hope we're both here when it happens EO. Good to see you posting regularly again.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/04/22 09:06 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Swish I've been on board with the lack of DTs even before the season started. I was hoping our FA Bryan would be a factor but he as yet to show much. Elliot and Winfrey some time get to shoot the gaps and do something but not often enoug Toglal eats up some blocks for us. But its a major weakness and then with Clowney and Garrett out you got rookies and talking later round rookies at the outside. Again I wish we had our 13th pick in the draft as the kid Jordan Davis was there as a good monster in the middle with Garrett and Clowney at the outside. 1st round picks are vital to the growth especially defenses being built...smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Okay tab. I won't pollute your thread any longer. Wishing you good health.

My thread or others doesn't matter just stay close to football which you are welcomed by all when you do.
btw you are 100% correct in your quest for SUH we can sure use him and the character card has left us when we got Watson so no need to worry about his character.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't wish to fight w/you. You've been through a lot. I will say that I responded the way I did due to this quote:

All the hurt came when we made that trade and it included no draft per say and no QB for most the season. So for me the season was over.

You then proceeded to criticize Jacoby's play. I was trying to point out that JB is playing better than Baker. I think that is football talk. However, if that upsets you.......I won't post on your thread anymore. It's not worth fighting about. I just want you to be healthy and happy.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I praised JB for his play in previous games...Its just what I saw and this game some of his negatives showed up but we are winning with him he failed mostly in the 4th. Statistically he is doing OK but we don't have a QB to impact the game. When we do play action he has time and what I saw was a lock on his pre snap reads which didn't turn out that well this game. Not once did I say Baker would have done better. I might think that to myself but I don't promote it as it is a lost cause. Right now the trade is hurting us. We don't have Watson for 11 games and he was the Asset that we got in the Trade. We lost our first round pick #13. So when I say no QB I'm talking about the Stud QB we traded for and JB is no comparison. He did a good job and faultered in the 4th. But with him in and playing the way he is..Win or Lose will be determined by our Defense - we lost this game because of our Defense and I thought the coaching was a little responsible for the loss also.

You can tell me I'm wrong about JB I just don't know why bring in Baker...it has no relevance

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
I saw a team, where we yelled and shouted all offseason that we had nothing at DT, get the ball ran down their throats by a team that had absolutely no passing threat to really respect.

We've made subsequent roster moves after the game for other positions, but STILL refuse to address that glaring weakness.

This FO willfully ignored holes on the team last year that cost us games. They are doing it again this year. Resupplying/reloading at positions that are fine while outright pretending to not see issues at other positions that even Ray Charles would gawk at.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: WSU Willie, mgh888
Legend
Legend
Tell us how you really feel. grin

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I'd probably have to give myself a 5-day suspension if I phrased it the way I might in-person.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Falcons 23 what I saw Browns vs Falcons

Link Copied to Clipboard