Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I really think it is the waterboys fault he was not coached right.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
There hasn't even been a debate here, Baker is hands down the better QB and always has been.
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
There hasn't even been a debate here, Baker is hands down the better QB and always has been.
Um, no. He isn’t. The question itself is worthless. Baker was inconsistent. He showed several flashes followed by ineptitude. Was there a coaching issue? Yes. Does that remove responsibility from Baker? No. If Baker were here this year my guess is that he would not have the team better than their current record. Which is ultimately irrelevant.

On the flip side, Brissett is a career back-up. This year because of circumstances (which I’d think was stupidity on the part of management) he has been asked to do more than he has in his career. Has he played badly? No. Has he played great? No.

Bottom line for me is a few things. Baker should not have played the majority of last year. That is on Stefanski. I think that the FO had moved on from Baker even before last year and they used last year as cover. Baker has not shown much since going to Carolina. Brissett is as advertised, a back-up pressed into extended duty. The team as a whole has not played well enough to win which is a [censored] phrase. A team either wins or it doesn’t. They have lost, period. Imo, they believed their press clippings as though nothing else would change in the league from last year to this year.

Baker isn’t here anymore and no one gets to know what would have happened.

On a related note, I think Baker will have a long career in the NFL. It will be bouncing around various teams and being a back-up on multiple occasions. He and Sam Darnold will end up being two sides of the same coin.

Legend
Legend
Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

The Browns are no better with Brissett than they were with Baker. This much is written-in-stone fact; anything else in any other context is, at best, extrapolation and conjecture.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
I’d be shocked if Brissett doesn’t garner interest from a team like Houston, NY Jets, Detroit, etc (a team who might draft a QB but needs a dude to step in for a while)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Somebody, please, take this thread off life support.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard