Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Hatred or not, it is pretty clear that brissett is playing better than baker. Comparing records of this team between this year and last isn't germane.

If Baker was as good as you and others think, he would be the Panthers starter. Bake got it out of camp, lost the job, got a recent start, and looke to be losing it again.

Bake had a good start with us, got the big head, and now in Carolina he is again being exposed as a poser.

Give it up.

Read 888's post. I happen to live in Charlotte too and what he says is 100% correct. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. In addition, I've posted the numbers from Mayfield in 2021 and 2020 to compare to Brissett also. You are wrong on that opinion also, not that it matters. The Browns are still 3-7 with Brissett no matter how much you want to blame the defense or belly ache about Mayfield. Mayfield's numbers through 10-games are better than Brissett's yet last year you blamed it all on Mayfield. This year it can't be the QB's fault it's the defense. Reality - it's the HC but that's a different forum post.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
R
Legend
Legend
R
Last year Baker was awful. It's not debatable so why is it still being debated?

He's a bad QB that you can't win with.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by steve0255
Hatred or not, it is pretty clear that brissett is playing better than baker. Comparing records of this team between this year and last isn't germane.

If Baker was as good as you and others think, he would be the Panthers starter. Bake got it out of camp, lost the job, got a recent start, and looke to be losing it again.

Bake had a good start with us, got the big head, and now in Carolina he is again being exposed as a poser.

Give it up.

Read 888's post. I happen to live in Charlotte too and what he says is 100% correct. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. In addition, I've posted the numbers from Mayfield in 2021 and 2020 to compare to Brissett also. You are wrong on that opinion also, not that it matters. The Browns are still 3-7 with Brissett no matter how much you want to blame the defense or belly ache about Mayfield. Mayfield's numbers through 10-games are better than Brissett's yet last year you blamed it all on Mayfield. This year it can't be the QB's fault it's the defense. Reality - it's the HC but that's a different forum post.

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Give it up.

Think what you want. I wouldn't want to trigger anything that turns in to a 4th round pick for that guy.

That would be pretty stupid.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No one is questioning that Mayfield had a bad year last year playing injured. No one is debating the upgrade of Watson at the position on paper - as the face of the franchise and being a sexual predator - then yes. What is being debated is that a certain self-appointed football guru blasted this forum with post after post about even with Watson suspended the Browns would be better more competitive team because Brisset would be a better QB on the Browns than Mayfield. The stats clearly show that through 10-weeks compared to last year that opinion is clearly wrong. That an injured QB being replaced by a 2-year previous starter has not shown an improved team. The team is not doing better than when Mayfield was here and the 3-7 record verifies that point. People have the option of hating on Baker - you don't have the option of trying to sell a bill of goods that's not accurate.

Last edited by steve0255; 11/21/22 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Rishuz

He's a bad QB that you can't win with.

Go back to the very first post in this thread. I quoted a short exchange between steve and I. I had said that I thought that Jacoby would throw fewer picks and take fewer needless sacks than Baker. steve called me a liar. It's right there in quotes. There were numerous posts by the Fabulous Baker Boys that said virtually the same crap. I promised then that I would keep track of their numbers this year.

Btw.......I never once said Brissett was a better qb than Baker before the season. It's another lie. I said the things about picks and sacks. I also said he would be more mature and professional. They still can't admit they are wrong and continue to lie about what was said. Screw them!

I will end w/saying that at this point, it is inarguable that Jacoby is a better qb than Baker. I didn't say that before the season, but it's very obvious now.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
There were numerous posts by the Fabulous Baker Boys that said virtually the same crap. I promised then that I would keep track of their numbers this year. .

Sounds like you have an ego issue.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Here is the important parts of the first post in this thread. I am the first speaker. steve is the second speaker, the one who called me a liar for voicing an opinion. An opinion about sacks and interceptions and not who was the better overall qb. I actually started posting the Baker/Brissett numbers on the Expectations for Jacoby thread once the season started. I started this thread after the other was locked due to length.

I said this as part of a post where I was talking about my expectations for Jacoby and the Browns.

I think JB will not take as many needless sacks and thrower fewer dumb interceptions, but that he won't make as many plus plays as Baker. Those are just opinions.

There was some back and forth where I was called a liar. I responded that opinions are not lies. That led to this:

Vers, when you say that Brissett won't take the sacks the previous QB did, but his stats prove the differ then it's not an opinion, it's a lie when you continue to post that crap knowing it's false. Anybody can make a mistake and post something wrong. Refusing to recognize you're wrong is totally different. If you're going to continue your war against a QB that is gone that you campaigned for 4-years to get rid of by spewing false facts, that is shameful.

The sad part is that if a healthy Baker was still on the team the Browns would be considered a playoff contender. With Brissett at the helm, the so-called experts are predicting 6 wins at best. That's not my opinion, those are facts that cannot be rebuked. You can stay on your crusade of slamming the guy no longer with the team but if you have to use lies to stress your point it is shameful, no two ways about it.

At that point in time, I decided to keep track of both qbs for as long as both were playing this year.

R
Legend
Legend
R
No one is questioning that Mayfield had a bad year last year playing injured. No one is debating the upgrade of Watson at the position on paper - as the face of the franchise and being a sexual predator - then yes. What is being debated is that a certain self-appointed football guru blasted this forum with post after post about even with Watson suspended the Browns would be better more competitive team because Brisset would be a better QB on the Browns than Mayfield. The stats clearly show that through 10-weeks compared to last year that opinion is clearly wrong. That an injured QB being replaced by a 2-year previous starter has not shown an improved team. The team is not doing better than when Mayfield was here and the 3-7 record verifies that point. People have the option of hating on Baker - you don't have the option of trying to sell a bill of goods that's not accurate.

Mayfield's injury had nothing to do with him playing bad. He played bad because he's a bad QB.

The team should be doing better with Brissett but I'm not sure anyone saw the utter incompetence of Stefanski coming on the way it did. He's still regressing to his mean. The thing is I don't know where his mean is. I'm guessing it's at 3-14. Sub .500 coach. No other coach since the Browns came back has done less with more. When you think about it from that perspective he might be the worst coach the Browns have had since the return. If we are being fair he's had an infinitely more talented roster than Chud, Shurmur, Petine, Hubris, all of them. He's simply awful. I can't stand to look or listen to the guy anymore. His presser today was an absolute joke. He's a loser. Man, I hope Haslam does the right thing and gets rid of him. Nothing will be more frustrating than being 4-5 next year after 9 games with Watson and then realizing you should have made a change and wasted another year of talented players careers.

Look at Stefanski's record since the Browns were 3-1 last year. Look at Stefanski's record against winning teams. He is just plain bad. He's an absolute joke.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Mayfield's injury had nothing to do with him playing bad. He played bad because he's a bad QB.

Are there any QBs in the NFL playing with an injury to their non-throwing shoulder while wearing a shoulder brace..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
There were numerous posts by the Fabulous Baker Boys that said virtually the same crap. I promised then that I would keep track of their numbers this year. .

Sounds like you have an ego issue.

rofl Has it taken you this long to figure out?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
PFF grades are out. They align closely w/the QBR rankings.

Jacoby is 8th overall w/a 81.7 grade.

Baker is 37th out of 39 ranked qbs, w/a grade of 52.2.

Gee, not having the injured shoulder and getting away from the horrible Stefanski and his supporting cast certainly has ignited the greatness of Baker Mayfield.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Free your heart from the hatred, you will feel better.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Good thing he doesn't have OBJ running the wrong routes anymore.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Good thing he doesn't have OBJ running the wrong routes anymore.

Who? Brissett or Baker?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe he has another injury and he's not disclosing it!!! I know. He hurt himself headbutting his teammates without a helmet!! Yea that's it!!!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/22/22 11:17 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P

I'll tell you what people need to give up. That is pretending that the topic title is, "Is Brissett Playing Better Than Baker?" Because that wasn't the question title of the topic. The question of the topic is "Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker?"

Anyone who actually believes the product and results they are seeing on the field this year are somehow better than what they saw last year are only fooling themselves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Because people keep pretending that is the question of the topic when it never was to begin with.

The Browns aren't any better this year than they were last year. That is the question.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Jacoby has a much better TD to INT ratio that's
Light years better than Mayfields
Mayfield is a turnover machine but his fanclub
Could never accept that

P
Legend
Legend
P
So is "the team better" this year? It seems people are having a problem focusing on the actual question at hand.

#gmstrong
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Last place
3 wins
Sense your into loser statistics
When will Deshaun or Brissette put up 50 on Pittsburgh in the playoffs
Silence is golden
Stefanski 3 wins sense Mayfield left.
Defense dropped to 31sense we spent 60 million on the lowest rated QB earning over 10 million

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Could never accept that

Except through 10 weeks of games:

Brissett 10 games, 11 TD's, 5 INTs - 20 sacks - 6 fumbles -QBR 96.7, record 3-7

Mayfield 2021 9 games (missed one), 9 TD's, 4 INTs - 26 sacks - 5 fumbles - QBR 102.0 - record 5-5

Comparing apples to apples, I humbly point out that you are wrong.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Sense there is not 1way we win 9 games with the leshaun led Browns I suggest we trade
3number 1s just so we can average 10 wins a year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So is "the team better" this year? It seems people are having a problem focusing on the actual question at hand.

Of COURSE the team is better. Duh !! Baker was the only thing holding them back.

Well lets see:

- Better record against weaker opposition - Opps.
- Better stats by JB versus injured BM thru 10 games - Opps
- Better locker room and team functionality because BM was such a cancer - Opps
- Headed to the play offs for SURE! - Opps

Sure I am being facetious. Truth is Brissett has played more than well enough as a stand in for Watson. But the whole hatred of Baker that spawned this thread and the 1000's of posts by Vers after he LEFT THE BOARD because he couldn't stand Baker .... that's a different story. Baker was and is playing for one of the worst teams in the NFL. They fired their coach who was on a 1-11 run of games. The original poster wants to try to compare Baker's stats playing for the worst team in the NFL for a team that fired their coach already - to the Browns who were supposed to be deep play off run hopefuls. Sure seems balanced huh?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The Fabulous Baker Boys continually talk about "hatred" and then go to other threads and hate on Stefanski, Woods, Berry, etc, etc. Pftttt........

More Baker news that his crew will twist and turn.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
888 or steve will soon say Baker isn't playing due to the 4th round draft choice. LOL. I posted something last week that said Baker had almost no chance of ever reaching that percentage after the games he missed. Baker lost his job to the legendary PJ Walker. He's the worst starting qb in the league and the team is so desperate they are turning to Sam Freaking Darnold. Here is an article on the subject.

Panthers name Sam Darnold starter vs. Broncos
4:33 PM ET
David Newton
ESPN Staff Writer

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- In the revolving door known as the Carolina Panthers quarterback position, Sam Darnold will become the team's third different starter in as many weeks Sunday against the Denver Broncos at Bank of America Stadium.

The team made the announcement Tuesday after interim coach Steve Wilks told his quarterbacks he will go with Darnold instead of Baker Mayfield, who had two passes intercepted and failed to get the Panthers (3-8) into the end zone in Sunday's 13-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

It will be Darnold's first start in a regular-season game since a Jan. 9 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to end the 2021 season.

Wilks made the decision after evaluating Mayfield's performance against Baltimore and finding out that PJ Walker would not be ready to return Sunday from a high ankle sprain.

Mayfield began the season as the starter after winning the job in training camp during an open competition with Darnold. Sunday was his first start since Week 5, when he suffered a high ankle sprain in a loss to the San Francisco 49ers. He replaced Walker, who was 2-3 before suffering his own sprain in a Week 10 win against the Atlanta Falcons.

Mayfield had a Total Quarterback Rating of 20.4 against the Ravens, giving him an NFL-worst 17.8 rating among qualified players. His 57.8 completion percentage ranks next to last.

Darnold was 4-7 as the starter last season and had a Total QBR of 38.6 that ranked ahead of only those of Zach Wilson (33.4) of the New York Jets and Justin Fields (31.4) of the Chicago Bears.

Mayfield was the first pick of the 2018 draft and Darnold the third. The Cleveland Browns traded Mayfield to Carolina in July after dealing for Deshaun Watson earlier in the offseason. After selecting Wilson with the second overall pick of the 2021 draft, the Jets traded Darnold to the Panthers.

Wilks has said several times that the Panthers want to get a look at Darnold, who, like Mayfield, is in the last year of his rookie contract.

The decision to go with Darnold over Mayfield also impacts what the Panthers owe from their trade with Cleveland. Mayfield currently has played 58% of the snaps and would need to play 70% for the Browns to get a fourth-round pick in 2024. If he doesn't reach that threshold, that pick becomes a fifth-rounder.

The Panthers, who if the season ended today would have the No. 2 pick in the 2023 draft, are expected to select a quarterback in the first round next year in a QB strong class. They would consider a veteran such as Darnold to help bring that player along.

Darnold recently said he learned a lot being the backup while recovering from a high ankle sprain that landed him on injured reserve to start the season.

"You learn a lot just by watching," he said. "There's a lot to learn in terms of walking around the building, learning from other guys. There's a lot you can learn when you don't have the stress of being a starter. But at the end of the day, I want to be out there."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35086481/panthers-name-sam-darnold-starter-vs-broncos

A
Legend
Legend
A
What did Baker ever do to you to make you hate him so much?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
For the record, I did not write the tweet or the article. I did not compose the stats that verify that Baker is the worst starting qb in the league. I am posting these stories and FACTS because of all the lies and personal attacks from his fan base that continues to this day. All it would have took was for those guys to say, "Damn, we were wrong," and all of this would have ended. More articles, tweets, stats, etc will be forthcoming if the Fabulous Baker Boys continue to make personal attacks.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Could never accept that

Except through 10 weeks of games:

Brissett 10 games, 11 TD's, 5 INTs - 20 sacks - 6 fumbles -QBR 96.7, record 3-7

Mayfield 2021 9 games (missed one), 9 TD's, 4 INTs - 26 sacks - 5 fumbles - QBR 102.0 - record 5-5

Comparing apples to apples, I humbly point out that you are wrong.
Try Baker's 1st 10 games of this year
6 TDs 6 INTs. 1313 yds 71 QB rating

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Steve Smith just called Baker a 3 legged donkey
That's very funny

O
Legend
Legend
O
The Fabulous Baker Boys continually talk about "hatred" and then go to other threads and hate on Stefanski, Woods, Berry, etc, etc. Pftttt........

More Baker news that his crew will twist and turn.

So? So what? Those coaches suck right now and that's what true fans do. Just because we won't walk lock step with your thought process on how we should act doesn't mean crap. And you don't need to keep pounding on Baker, fake fans like you and a not good HC already settled that bit.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
He probably has you on ignore, so when he reads this, which he will, he'll respond to himself. Does it all the time.

1 member likes this: FATE
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Sense there is not 1way we win 9 games with the leshaun led Browns I suggest we trade
3number 1s just so we can average 10 wins a year.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its since, not sense.

1 member likes this: jacksondawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
JB has not been the main problem, if we can discount his ill-timed INTs in a couple places . The main problem, all year, has been the defence. Suck-fest, really.

Baker has sucked more than Brissett. Next year it probably won’t matter , one effing bit.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
JB is playing better than Baker, he can't be the problem. None of the QBs is a problem on the field until they are. JB is not there yet, he's still battling.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
What did Baker ever do to you to make you hate him so much?
Baker took the title of the winningest @uarterback in the Browns stadium history, took that mark from the villain what'z hiz name?
steelerz dumb @b? oh yeah, Roelissburger, (Ben).

so Baker brought the fact of winningezt @b in Browns stadium, Clevleand Browns stadium, from some dumb donkey steeler back to a Cleveland Browns player, and so back to the team.

I thought you meant what'd he ever do to make you LIKE him so much. (aw no I didn't but you know, had to, had to bring the positive.)

I'm still sore the team decided to ac@uire D. Watson and not bring back Baker.

I don't know when or If I'll feel like rooting for D. Watzon in the future.
but today , in my mind, he' still represents a big pile of negativity, that haz me watching, ( if I watch) Jacoby- losing season Brisset
for the last bunch of monthz,
while.. they got rid of the only @B I believed in, Baker, for ...
a guy who still has the stigma of another teams uniform imo, and... heck, the ravenz wear a different uniform
am I supposed to root for lamar jackzon? huh? the NFL has gone nutz and I have no team to root for
not real happy about it, the whole thing, became a flipping joke.
frown thumbsdown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

No, it’s not. However, the offense is playing better. That is the side of the ball that doesn’t seem to be an issue this year.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
For the record, I did not write the tweet or the article. I did not compose the stats that verify that Baker is the worst starting qb in the league. I am posting these stories and FACTS because of all the lies and personal attacks from his fan base that continues to this day. All it would have took was for those guys to say, "Damn, we were wrong," and all of this would have ended. More articles, tweets, stats, etc will be forthcoming if the Fabulous Baker Boys continue to make personal attacks.

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B

I'll tell you what people need to give up. That is pretending that the topic title is, "Is Brissett Playing Better Than Baker?" Because that wasn't the question title of the topic. The question of the topic is "Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker?"

Anyone who actually believes the product and results they are seeing on the field this year are somehow better than what they saw last year are only fooling themselves.

Broad brush it any way you want. If we get specific to the question, Brissett is playing better than Baker did last year and even more specific, playing better this year. You have to remember, I was a Baker guy, but the facts are the facts.

Last year the O was the problem. This year it isn't.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Better w/Brissett or Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard