Next Thread
Print Thread
#1978152 10/10/22 08:01 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Why was the thread locked? I did not insult anyone. Are you locking threads because other posters are posting insults? It was a football topic and it should be able to be discussed even if some posters don't like it. They are not forced to read the thread.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I would like to add that there were all kinds of posts/threads after Hue was fired and also after OBJ left, so the excuse of Baker no longer being here should not be relevant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What the hell?

Why was this thread locked? That's some serious censorship B.S. right there.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think one or more of the guys who were insulting me on that thread are refs.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I can assure you I'm not a ref. Maybe you should try again in the tailgate forum.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/11/22 12:31 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
It's not censorship.

He's a troll. The thread was started to troll and start fights.

And then cry because he was being insulted.

Wash, rinse, repeat... for eternity.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: SuperBrown, mgh888
Legend
Legend

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
It's not censorship.

And then cry because he was being insulted.

Wash, rinse, repeat... for eternity.

Can you prove it's trolling or is that just your opinion because you disagree with or dislike or are tired of the poster and their posts and opinions? It's a free country (for a little while longer). You can put someone on ignore, or skip the post, or choose not respond, or choose to respond and tell them they're full of it. What can't happen is locking and censoring their voice and opinion.

And even if it IS trolling - how is expressing contrary opinions, even if they're just meant to get a rise out of people, against the rules again? There are 439 pages of posts of people bickering with each other littered all over this site but this topic about Baker crosses the line?

"Trolling" being any type of violation is about as disingenuous and egregious as labeling an opinion "disinformation" just because you don't agree with it. There is no right to not be offended and there is no rule saying you get to censor opinions just because you disagree with the content or intent.

And removing/locking a thread because you disagree with a posters viewpoint, is absolutely censorship. It's literally the definition of it and it's bush league.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I don't need to prove anything lol. Anyone that reads his endless posts about Baker Mayfield knows he's trolling. A reference to Baker, or other posters scathing injustices to him are in every. single. post.

A free country has nothing to do with a website somebody owns and hosts. So your b.s. about what "can't happen" gives you a clear option. We're just a signature in your checkbook away from your rules / your website. See if the owner is willing to sell. If not, you're stuck with the same rules, and same interpretation of the rules as everyone else.

And trolling and disinformation aren't even in the same universe.

Also, what the hell is being censored when nothing has been removed? Nothing. Locking the troll thread just prevents more of the same endless, repetitive whining and arguing that's been taking place since, well, March 22nd.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
There is a small group of posters on this board that dictate things. They constantly break the rules. They name call. They harrass. They bully. They turn discussions away from football topics and talk about personalities. Fate is one of those guys. I have had guys like 888 and Pit on ignore for months because threads would get hijacked if I tried to defend myself or say something like "I never said that." I have not responded to them in all that time. Yet, they reply to me and/or talk about me every single day and it's often multiple times. Recently, I have added Fate, steve, and arch to the ignore list. Fate talks about me every single day. He even has shown up on this thread to insult me. Posters like P dawg, Pete, and Chet have asked these guys to stop w/the personal attacks. They don't stop. Every single day they attack. I don't reply to them. You would think that the refs would appreciate the poster who is following the rules of not making personal attacks and stop those who are breaking the rules. Instead, they reward the posters who are turning football conversations into personal attacks. Instead, those that are breaking the rules and turning the Pure Football Forum into Personality Place are rewarded by locking a thread that was about football. Comparing two of our most recent qbs [especially w/all the talk about the two men that occurred before the season] is w/out a doubt a football topic. But, posters like Fate and 888 don't want to hear it, so they are rewarded by the thread being locked. This is indeed censorship and it's fueled by bias on a particular topic.

One more thing......I have asked all of the posters I listed above to let's ignore one another for the good of the board. I have said they can say whatever they want about any particular player, team, etc and I won't say a word if they would just leave me alone. That offer still stands. I ask everyone........what kind of person would constantly harass another after being asked by another to please leave him alone? That's bullying and it's all over social media. It's a huge factor in all the teen suicides and other acts of violence. It's shameful that these posters are permitted to behave the way they do.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It's not censorship.

And yet we have a thread running for months called 'Watson.... The Infection That Never seems To End' created by the same label assigned to a poster intended to do the same thing. It's either all or nothing, in my opinion.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: EveDawg
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
It was thought that since Baker is injured and that nothing new will be added and that it’s the same arguments from the same people spread all over the board already, that we did not need another thread like that in PF. I will unlock it, but if it continues down the same path, it will be moved to Tailgate.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thank you for unlocking it. I promise I won't be replying to those who choose to make things personal. I will continue to keep them on ignore and stick to the subject. I would like to say that I am requesting that the bullying desist. If this were everyday life, I would ask the people involved to stop. I've done that here. If they continued in everyday life, I would no longer speak to them. I've tried that here. If they continued to follow me around, I would beat the living crap out of them or die trying. I can't do that here. Thus, I am trying to follow the proper channels like they teach you in places like schools and the workplace by requesting some assistance in the on-going bullying perpetuated by a few. In return, I promise I will not speak to them at all.

Thanks again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You put people on ignore and then post about them. A true act of cowardice. You post things intended to incite and then whine when people respond. It's become your M.O.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
It's not censorship.

And yet we have a thread running for months called 'Watson.... The Infection That Never seems To End' created by the same label assigned to a poster intended to do the same thing. It's either all or nothing, in my opinion.

And it's in the Tailgate Lot where it belongs. So you've hopped on the whining train too now?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Thank you for unlocking it. I promise I won't be replying to those who choose to make things personal. I will continue to keep them on ignore and stick to the subject. I would like to say that I am requesting that the bullying desist. If this were everyday life, I would ask the people involved to stop. I've done that here. If they continued in everyday life, I would no longer speak to them. I've tried that here. If they continued to follow me around, I would beat the living crap out of them or die trying. I can't do that here. Thus, I am trying to follow the proper channels like they teach you in places like schools and the workplace by requesting some assistance in the on-going bullying perpetuated by a few. In return, I promise I will not speak to them at all.

Thanks again.

#1 - you are the biggest Bully on the entire board. No-one else has more posters who infrequently popping up and saying that you are the reason they don't post. You are also the biggest agitator, biggest hypocrite and the person that loves to call yourself a victim.

#2. Examples of your "football talk" from the thread that was locked:

I just heard that Baker is likely to miss the next two weeks w/an ankle injury. If true, I won't be able to update the year-to-date stats and I know my fan club will really miss that. smile

This guy might be on the block. I'd like to see him in Cleveland. He's a very good WR who was hampered by Baker and Rhule. There was even a report out there a couple of weeks ago that said the Carolina receivers were not running the correct routes. Sound familiar? What's the common denominator?

*** There is no report out there about WR's running the wrong routes. Steve Smith (I heard the radio interview) said a WR came to him because of the 'Fire Sale' after Rhule was fired. Baker was not part of that no matter hat hatefull tweet you dragged up. Baker and his injury WAS discussed by Smith immediately prior to him talking about about the fire sale rumors - they were distinctly separate topics. ***

That hate is going to give you indigestion Vers.

Freddie did not have experience, but it was Baker who lobbied Dorsey to hire Freddie.

One more repetition of a gross distortion of fact.

The post was intended to antagonize and troll. Fate is 100% correct.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/11/22 10:32 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Baker/Jacoby Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard