Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And you never fail to attack anyone saying things you don't like to hear. You have no idea you resemble your own remarks do you?

You really do bring out the worst in people. But you can't, for even a moment, reflect on your own part in people "attacking" you. It is always someone else's fault. It is always people attacking you without any sort of provocation from you. You are just a sweet innocent little pumpkin that just gets tread upon.

Funny how it is always you at the center of the toxic culture here and you aren't the problem. It is an easy calculus to see where the real problem lies, but your vision can't see inside the perimeter of your own nose.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I won’t get into a back and forth, I’ll just add that labs grow all kinds of nasty, contagious, deadly things such as viruses, bacteria, molds, etc all the time for research purposes. To try to create better, more effective means of stopping said pathogens. Not to unleash the seal of pestilence upon mankind.

Now back to your regularly schedule squabbling.

Don't throw facts into the equation to muddy the waters. I mean how are they going to be able to claim that's an extreme view now?

Who is "they"? You two are the only posters to bring an extreme view or conspiracy theory.

But you're right, Port. Labs do grow all kinds of nasty, contagious, deadly things such as viruses, bacteria, molds, etc all the time for research purposes. Just not SARS or MERS. The White House outlawed that in 2014.

Gain-of-function is a term that could describe any type of virology research that results in the gain of a certain function. But the type that’s controversial, including among scientists, is research that causes a pathogen to be more infectious, particularly to humans.

In 2014, the U.S. government put a pause on new funding of gain-of-function research, which it defined this way: “With an ultimate goal of better understanding disease pathways, gain-of-function studies aim to increase the ability of infectious agents to cause disease by enhancing its pathogenicity or by increasing its transmissibility.” A 2016 paper on the ethics of gain-of-function research said: “The ultimate objective of such research is to better inform public health and preparedness efforts and/or development of medical countermeasures.”

The pause — intended to provide time to address concerns about the risks and benefits of these studies — applied to certain research on influenza, MERS and SARS.

“Specifically, the funding pause will apply to gain-of-function research projects that may be reasonably anticipated to confer attributes to influenza, MERS, or SARS viruses such that the virus would have enhanced pathogenicity and/or transmissibility in mammals via the respiratory route,” the White House said in an Oct. 17, 2014, announcement.

As a Nature article at the time explained, there had been fierce debate among scientists on exactly what research should be deemed too risky. And some confusion on where the line would be drawn for this pause.

“Viruses are always mutating,” the article said, “and [Arturo] Casadevall [then a microbiologist at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City], says that it is difficult to determine how much mutation deliberately created by scientists might be ‘reasonably anticipated’ to make a virus more dangerous — the point at which the White House states research must stop.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/the-wuhan-lab-and-the-gain-of-function-disagreement/

Remember? GOF research was waaay to dangerous, we would never allow or fund that... Fauci said so in front of congress. But not before the entire nightmare scenario came to pass.

So now it's okay for drug companies to create new strains? thumbsup

Since they couldn't solve the Omicron puzzle, let's just move forward to creating new strains they can control. I'm sure they can fast-track it since our government...

This “Future Framework” now allows reformulation to be pushed through where COVID is concerned, regardless of new molecular entity. Formal regulatory review and trials are now out the window.

From the June 28 meeting: "The manufacturers (Moderna, Pfizer, and Novavax) were asked what their production timelines are… and they said out loud, ‘So long as we don’t have to provide any clinical data, we’ll have them ready by fall.’ No one had a problem with that …"

https://www.reuters.com/legal/gover...ze-redesigned-covid-boosters-2022-06-30/

Next stop: "The vaccine that protects against all strains, even future strains!"

And THAT sounds like a fast-track to routine childhood immunization.

Wait, no way those conversations are taking place in these board rooms.

"You see", I'm just pointing out the obvious. I didn't say Pfizer was planning to infect the world. I don't fantasize about some rogue scientist sneaking it out of that lab. I'm just pointing out the fact that drug companies have been given carte blanche to handle this entire pandemic any way they see fit. Now, possibly, even to the point of predicting the future... by securing it as a fact. The only benefit to creating a new mutation is to profit on preventing it.

Seems like a great idea. We should trust these cats to do whatever is in the best interest of humanity. I'll just make my own antibiotics, these people have much bigger fish to fry!

Prevent the next COVID strain by creating it first... I'm the crazy one. 🤣

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2001915 01/28/23 11:32 AM
Legend
Legend
I'm the crazy one. 🤣
nah. misinformed, a little gullible.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
FrankZ #2001918 01/28/23 11:43 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
You really do bring out the worst in people. But you can't, for even a moment, reflect on your own part in people "attacking" you.

You are no less responsible for your own actions as I am mine. I have admitted that I am snarky and sarcastic in my posts. I own that. The problem starts when people blame me because they act the exact same way. I don't really care if you do, but stop blaming me for it and own it.

Funny how it is always you at the center of the toxic culture here and you aren't the problem. It is an easy calculus to see where the real problem lies, but your vision can't see inside the perimeter of your own nose.

Yet here you are. Acting and posting the very same way you accuse me of. Sounding the same. Then failing to take accountability for it and blaming me for your actions. You see, I'm not the type that goes along to get along. I'm also not the one who calls squabbling on a message board a "toxic culture" like some drama queen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I'm the crazy one. 🤣

Typical. So I can assume you cosign on letting a drug company create new COVID strains?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You are no less responsible for your own actions as I am mine. I have admitted that I am snarky and sarcastic in my posts. I own that. The problem starts when people blame me because they act the exact same way. I don't really care if you do, but stop blaming me for it and own it.

You did admit it, but that's just part of the admission isn't it? You said you treat people like that because they deserve it. THAT is how abusers think. You are a toxic person that needs help.

Now do your PitTrope and tell me to look in the mirror or "I know you are but what am I" nonsense.

FrankZ #2001977 01/29/23 11:31 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, the one no less guilty points the finger. And once again, your hyperbole is hilarious. You compare squabbling on a message board to abuse. Only someone trying to twist the truth would resort to such silliness.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ah, the one no less guilty points the finger. And once again, your hyperbole is hilarious. You compare squabbling on a message board to abuse. Only someone trying to twist the truth would resort to such silliness.

I said you think how abusers think. But you will spin it with sophic arguments to make it seem like I said something else.

FATE #2002103 01/30/23 11:10 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
I'm the crazy one. 🤣

Typical. So I can assume you cosign on letting a drug company create new COVID strains?

New York, N.Y., January 27, 2023 – Allegations have recently been made related to gain of function and directed evolution research at Pfizer and the company would like to set the record straight.

In the ongoing development of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, Pfizer has not conducted gain of function or directed evolution research. Working with collaborators, we have conducted research where the original SARS-CoV-2 virus has been used to express the spike protein from new variants of concern. This work is undertaken once a new variant of concern has been identified by public health authorities. This research provides a way for us to rapidly assess the ability of an existing vaccine to induce antibodies that neutralize a newly identified variant of concern. We then make this data available through peer reviewed scientific journals and use it as one of the steps to determine whether a vaccine update is required.

In addition, to meet U.S. and global regulatory requirements for our oral treatment, PAXLOVID™, Pfizer undertakes in vitro work (e.g., in a laboratory culture dish) to identify potential resistance mutations to nirmatrelvir, one of PAXLOVID’s two components. With a naturally evolving virus, it is important to routinely assess the activity of an antiviral. Most of this work is conducted using computer simulations or mutations of the main protease–a non-infectious part of the virus. In a limited number of cases when a full virus does not contain any known gain of function mutations, such virus may be engineered to enable the assessment of antiviral activity in cells. In addition, in vitro resistance selection experiments are undertaken in cells incubated with SARS-CoV-2 and nirmatrelvir in our secure Biosafety level 3 (BSL3) laboratory to assess whether the main protease can mutate to yield resistant strains of the virus. It is important to note that these studies are required by U.S. and global regulators for all antiviral products and are carried out by many companies and academic institutions in the U.S. and around the world.

Fact-based information rooted in sound science is vitally important to overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic and Pfizer remains committed to transparency and helping alleviate the devastating burden of this disease.

So if you want to believe conspiracy theories and ignore science, be my guest. Excuse me tho, that IMO is being misinformed and a bit gullible. I could be wrong but I’ll stick with sound science.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/30/23 11:24 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
FrankZ #2002105 01/30/23 11:20 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So far you have compared squabbling on a message board to an abusive thought process and creating a toxic culture. I understand and it's plain to see you wish to make a huge deal out of something trivial by using exaggeration and hyperbole. But I'm a little disappointed by your lack of imagination. Why only reach for the moon in your zeal to create a huge deal about nothing? Why not reach for the stars instead? Like, I don't know, maybe by calling it domestic internet terrorism. If you're going to reach, at least go big.

#gmstrong
FATE #2002107 01/30/23 11:28 AM
Legend
Legend
internet bully!Lol poor fronz

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So far you have compared squabbling on a message board to an abusive thought process and creating a toxic culture. I understand and it's plain to see you wish to make a huge deal out of something trivial by using exaggeration and hyperbole. But I'm a little disappointed by your lack of imagination. Why only reach for the moon in your zeal to create a huge deal about nothing? Why not reach for the stars instead? Like, I don't know, maybe by calling it domestic internet terrorism. If you're going to reach, at least go big.

And I see you minimalize your actions while trying to claim you own it, which you clearly do not.

Thinking people deserve your derision because they disagree with you is how abusers think. Own it or not, that doesn't change you think like an abuser and need help.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
FrankZ #2002111 01/30/23 11:37 AM
Legend
Legend
rofl Ok doctor Fronz. You obviously have the credentials to diagnosis this. Or do you? rofl

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl Ok doctor Fronz. You obviously have the credentials to diagnosis this. Or do you? rofl

No he doesn't. He's a wannabe doctor and lawyer now. Being the embodiment and self fulfilling the very traits he describes in others. A classic case of deflection.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
1. GoF research is bad. It was bad when Wuhan did it and started it all, and it is bad now.

2. Are y'all still playing "Pandemic"? That game ended a while ago.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

No he doesn't. He's a wannabe doctor and lawyer now. Being the embodiment and self fulfilling the very traits he describes in others. A classic case of deflection.

Not surprised you return to the fallacy of credentials combined with the ever popular fallacy of "you too."

That's deflection and shows a complete lack of ownership.

M
Legend
Legend
M
A classic case of deflection.

Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
FrankZ #2002147 01/30/23 01:11 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
At first I thought you might do well to start your own psychic website. But then it dawned on me that self-fulfilling prophecies probably wouldn't qualify you in that category.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
A classic case of deflection.

Oh, the irony.

And here comes the Mockingbird into the fray.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
1. GoF research is bad. It was bad when Wuhan did it and started it all, and it is bad now.

Posting rumors are frowned upon around here. naughtydevil lol

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Wuhan fable just won't stop.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

That’s because trump made it up. And you know when trump makes something up, 100% of all trump loving Goper’s are on it like stink on poop.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think PPE is a trump lover. Maybe but I don't think so.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

rofl

Please explain the "Wuhan fable".

You mean the fact that a dangerous virus emerged from the same location as a lab that was studying the dangerous viruses? To be more specific, a lab that was studying the exact lineage.

The one that Biden finally ordered an investigation of; and your golden child Fauci said he is "no longer confident" it didn't come from?

The lab two miles from the outbreak? The one in which the US State Department expressed concerns over biosecurity for two years before?

Quite the "fable".

FATE #2002171 01/30/23 02:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes it is quite the fable.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't think PPE is a trump lover. Maybe but I don't think so.

Maybe.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2002183 01/30/23 02:45 PM
Legend
Legend
your golden child Fauci
. Just because you and 30% of all the Goper’s in the USA hate a renowned and worldwide respected scientist doesn’t make him a golden child. But I understand your mindset considering who’s your golden child. ooo But please continue with the nonsense and unsubstantiated rumors.

Cue the lame meme.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At first I thought you might do well to start your own psychic website. But then it dawned on me that self-fulfilling prophecies probably wouldn't qualify you in that category.

Now you are grasping at straw to deflect.

FrankZ #2002190 01/30/23 03:53 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Isn't grasping at straws a trope? Asking for a friend. Everyone can see you.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
your golden child Fauci
. Just because you and 30% of all the Goper’s in the USA hate a renowned and worldwide respected scientist doesn’t make him a golden child. But I understand your mindset considering who’s your golden child. ooo But please continue with the nonsense and unsubstantiated rumors.

Cue the lame meme.

First sentence makes no sense.
Second is a lie.
Third is a lie.

I didn't start any rumors -- a high ranking employee of Pfizer did. Did you miss that part?

I merely responded to the fact that his rumors were disturbing. Then I was told that those practices were acceptable and normal; when, in fact, they are illegal and dangerous. That's been the bulk of the conversation, besides your childish interjections.

Pfizer issued a statement saying they are not doing that. Now you say that because they refuted the claims, it must mean I am ignoring science.

Same old, some old.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Now it is the fallacy of "everyone". What's next in the sequence?

FATE #2002200 01/30/23 05:09 PM
Legend
Legend
Pfizer issued a statement saying they are not doing that. Now you say that because they refuted the claims, it must mean I am ignoring science.

Not ignoring it. You just don’t trust sound science. I understand your stance, there are lots of ya. I don’t trust the lot of you. I don’t think the lot of you know jack of what you’re talking about. I’ll trust the facts, the science and scientists and not buy into all these conspiracy theories thank you.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/30/23 05:20 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What in the world does "sound science" have to do with a Pfizer employee spewing rumors about his own company??

Trust all the facts and scientists you want. The fact is, a scientist from Pfizer said the company has considered doing gain-of-function research. Some other scientists from Pfizer basically said he was full of malarkey. Pick and choose as you see fit.

I guess this is just another episode that proves we should have more trust in science, especially given all the big words in Pfizer's statement. They did a great job of basically not confirming or denying most of what their employee said, and didn't even address the issue that an employee said it. I'm sold.

FATE #2002223 01/30/23 08:43 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Johnson & Johnson tried to declare Bankruptcy so they could get out of the talc cancer lawsuit.

these drug companies will do anything to make money because they believe they can get out of it later.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
FATE #2002262 01/31/23 11:05 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
a Pfizer employee spewing rumors about his own company??

Thank you.

#gmstrong
FrankZ #2002263 01/31/23 11:06 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P

Nothing is next. My job is done here. I have already given you more time and attention than you deserve.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
a Pfizer employee spewing rumors about his own company??

Thank you.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

FATE #2002265 01/31/23 11:14 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
At first the impression I got is that you weren't saying, much less suggesting it was a rumor and nothing more. I appreciate you clearing that up.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Nothing is next. My job is done here. I have already given you more time and attention than you deserve.

I kinda guessed it would be the "don't you understand English" one, then you'd be onto the last word one. But at least you seem to recognize you have a trope progression.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not sure I know what you mean by "rumor and nothing more".

Is it true? I don't know, do you?

Are we supposed to take a press release from Pfizer, that doesn't even address what the employee said, as a fact? You do you.

But for the record, from the beginning I've said it was disturbing if it's true. That's when I was met with responses that there was nothing wrong with it. thumbsup

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Part 11

Link Copied to Clipboard