Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1980187 10/17/22 09:29 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Frank where you at? come look at this:

A 100-person fistfight broke out at a restaurant in a Tokyo skyscraper when a gang met to celebrate a member getting out of prison: reports

https://www.yahoo.com/news/100-person-fistfight-broke-restaurant-090743522.html

A massive fistfight involving around 100 people broke out at a French restaurant in Tokyo on Sunday evening, Japanese media reported.

The customers booked out the entirety of a contemporary French restaurant called Sunshine Cruise Cruise on the 58th floor of the Sunshine 60, a skyscraper in the Ikebukuro district, Kyodo News reported. The fight appeared to involve members of a gang called the Chinese Dragon, per Kyodo News, which cited an unnamed source linked to the investigation.

The 100 people had gathered to celebrate one of the gang members getting out of prison, the Asahi Shimbun reported, also citing an unnamed source.

Police were notified about the brawl at around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday after restaurant staff made an emergency call, per the Asahi Shimbun. Most of the diners involved in the brawl quickly left the premises, and it's unclear how many people remained when the Tokyo police arrived.

One man who remained at the restaurant was taken to hospital with a minor head injury, the Asahi Shimbun reported.

Videos posted to Twitter on Sunday showed a fleet of emergency vehicles arriving outside the Sunshine 60 skyscraper.

Some videos on Twitter also showed a crowd of policemen gathered outside the Sunshine Cruise Cruise restaurant.

A staff member at Sunshine Cruise Cruise who responded to a call from Insider said she was unable to confirm or comment on the incident, citing an ongoing police investigation.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Police told Kyodo News that it found broken beer bottles and glasses at the restaurant and that it's investigating a case of suspected property damage. The Tokyo police department did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment through Japan's Foreign Press Center.

The Chinese Dragon gang maintains links to Japanese crime syndicates but is not considered an established criminal organization, per Kyodo News.

Its ranks are widely believed to consist of the descendants of Japanese orphans who were left in China during Japan's chaotic pullout from the country at the end of World War II. Many of these descendants later returned to Japan.

aye here we go!!! no guns, just a straight up brawl. hell, add swords in there if we want. i rather the streets settle things like this over guns.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm right here. So I have a couple of different replies in mind:

1) You've convinced me, we should remove all guns from public possession and only let the military and police have them. We are better as subjects with basic privileges instead of citizens with rights.

2) If the Japanese were allowed to own firearms them might hae been more reluctant about attacking each other not knowing who might be armed.

I'm sure you can realize the sarcasm in both of those replies.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Too bad he was holding a Fudd gun. laugh

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man a statistic.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
An armed man is a citizen. Unarmed innocent children are statistics of heavily armed citizens.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
It’s been pried away long ago.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
An armed man is a citizen. Unarmed innocent children are statistics of heavily armed citizens.

Like clockwork, go for the "innocent children". Same old, same old.

Legend
Legend
Bro, you're going about this the wrong way.

Americans can't be told what to do. Americans are always outraged when there is a threat of something being taken away. If we outlawed guns, everyone would be armed to the teeth in two weeks flat.

You have to use reverse psychology...

Outlaw fist fighting.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

How about heavily armed criminals. Citizens do not commit crimes they protect themselves and others from criminals. Thus the need for guns!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Swish, I agree, unfortunately you can't put that genie back in the bottle with more guns than people in America.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ

1) You've convinced me, we should remove all guns from public possession and only let the military and police have them. We are better as subjects with basic privileges instead of citizens with rights.

2) If the Japanese were allowed to own firearms them might hae been more reluctant about attacking each other not knowing who might be armed.

Playing devil's advocate:

1) We are better as living subjects with basic privileges instead of dead citizens with rights.

2) Fighting is human nature. Show me any time in history when people did not attack each other over differences. Let's at least keep it realistic.

Guns are here to stay. But we do need laws to tighten restrictions and a better program for getting guns off the streets. What those would look like, I have no clue.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Plus, let's be real... there are something like 5 guns per American. You are not getting rid of guns.

guns are illegal to discharge in urban areas and are the cause of 80%+ gun deaths.

Making guns illegal won't change that - they are already illegal to shoot.

In the country, you will never be able to stop us from using them. They are tools that are required.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
There is a little over 1 gun per American. 2017 estimate from Wikipedia info says there are estimated to be 393,347,000 guns on the street in the US, with a population of326,474,000. So about 1.2 guns per person. The glaring number to me is that of the 393,347,000 guns on the street, only 1,073,743 are registered. This means there are 392,273,257 unregistered guns on the street. I would think requiring all guns to be registered, making it criminal to own an unregistered weapon, would go a long way toward reducing gun violence. But again, how do you enforce it?

EDIT: Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/17/22 05:52 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I find it hard to believe less than 1.1 million are registered.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
there were 39 million guns purchased last year alone and 411 million purchased since 1998
https://247wallst.com/consumer-prod...ns-last-year-here-is-each-states-figure/

What else is being severely understated is what happened to guns that are still in existence which were produced from 1900-1998...these guns did not disappear and more than likely, 60% of these are still owned by Americans and in working condition.

Round math... If we take 5 million guns made a year and multiply that there are 500 million guns that are unaccounted for from 1900-1998.
That would mean that about 300 million of those 500 million are still around and are in working condition.

if that is the case, there are probably closer to 700 million guns that are owned by Americans not 393 million.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

1) We are better as living subjects with basic privileges instead of dead citizens with rights.

2) Fighting is human nature. Show me any time in history when people did not attack each other over differences. Let's at least keep it realistic.

Guns are here to stay. But we do need laws to tighten restrictions and a better program for getting guns off the streets. What those would look like, I have no clue.

You never struck me as the prefer to live with the boot on your neck instead as a free man kind of person.

E
Legend
Legend
E

You never struck me as the prefer to live with the boot on your neck instead as a free man kind of person.

He wants Commies to wear the boot.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O

It would take a might small brain to reach that conclusion from what I posted unless English is not your first language.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg

He wants Commies to wear the boot.

See what I mean FrankZ... mighty small indeed.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/17/22 11:49 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Stop talking about your pinky. Thats TMI

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
LAME.

E
Legend
Legend
E
LAME.

And stop showing it to FrankZ.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
LAME.

And stop showing it to FrankZ.

and down the lame rabbit hole, we go...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

It would take a might small brain to reach that conclusion from what I posted unless English is not your first language.

It would take a mighty small brain to fall for your insipid assertion that living without freedom is preferable.

2 members like this: FATE, MemphisBrownie
P
Legend
Legend
P
This thread is the prime example of why there's no room for middle ground these days. We all have the right to own firearms. That should never be changed. What separates criminals from law abiding citizens is the fact that law abiding citizens, in theory, do the right and responsible thing. Which one would think should include a safety course in the handling, storing and firing of firearms. You know, being responsible. To me there's a difference between a person who believes in doing the responsible thing and a gun nut. I know people who have neither the temperament nor are responsible enough to be walking around carrying a firearm, yet they are. Thank goodness there were requirements for them to at least take a course in how to handle a weapon.

In the event one needs to use a firearm in the case of defending themselves we should at least be sure those handling those forearms know what the hell they're doing. Even law enforcement often misses their target and they are proficiently trained in handling a firearm.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jaybird
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think handguns should be illegal without a special permit. You can't use them for hunting.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I think handguns should be illegal without a special permit. You can't use them for hunting.

Incorrect.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I recently took the state mandated 16 hour course for a wear and carry permit. Coming out of 16 hours of training I learned that if you use a MD permit to get the PA non resident permit and you let the MD permit lapse PA will issue a felony warrant for your arrest unless you return your PA permit first. I also learned the instructors hate open carry with religious zeal.

Neither one of those things was worth the $350 and 16 hours of my time. State minimum training requirements are a joke. When there is a mandated minimum that's about all you are going to get.

BTW, I was 25/25 on the shooting qualification. It is, however, so easy no one failed it. NO ONE.

A
Legend
Legend
A
When I originally got my ccl, 8 hours of class time. (basically going over different types of handguns, etc. Which I knew), Then range time.

Time to shoot. No one stepped up. I did. I was told you need to put 5 bullets on target. (courtesy of the revolver shooters - just 6 shots). Bam bam bam bam bam bam - I was only allowed 6 shots in my semi auto.

All hits, at 7 yards.

Instructor came over and said "you need to slow down." Why? They all hit in an area the size of a paper plate.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
When I originally got my ccl, 8 hours of class time. (basically going over different types of handguns, etc. Which I knew), Then range time.

Time to shoot. No one stepped up. I did. I was told you need to put 5 bullets on target. (courtesy of the revolver shooters - just 6 shots). Bam bam bam bam bam bam - I was only allowed 6 shots in my semi auto.

All hits, at 7 yards.

Instructor came over and said "you need to slow down." Why? They all hit in an area the size of a paper plate.

A lot of instructors suffer from being gun store guys.

There's been an onslaught here in MD since June. Some of the instructors are just wrong on so many thing:
  • You can only carry the gun you qualify with: not correct here, but NJ seems to be trying this
  • Minimum caliber for carry allowed by law is .380: incorrect, there is nothing mentioned
  • You can only carry 10 round magazines:In MD sale, transfer or manufacture of ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds is illegal, possession is not. There is an add on charge for use of a > 10 round magazine in a crime of violence as well.
  • You have to use 9mm or larger to qualify because anything less isn't useful for self defense: There is not a caliber made I want to be shot with. Placement is pretty important in stopping the threat regardless of caliber.

The list could go on and on. Mandatory training is a waste of time and is unconstitutional.

To add to that, I have been looking for some additional training but everyone is booked up with the mandatory training. I am thinking it will be after the first of the year before trainers start holding other classes.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I won't go into my additional training.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

You know I am curious now. Did you get that wet spaghetti as a deadly weapon class?

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know what that means.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Just making a joke.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly people are talking about themselves who do already know how to handle a firearm. A permit isn't about "you". It's about all the people who buy and wish to carry a firearm who have no idea what they're doing so everyone else is at least somewhat safer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just making a joke.

Incorrect.

https://munitionsgroup.com/gun-laws-ohio/#:~:text=Hunters%20possessing%20a%20valid%20concealed,on%20their%20person%20while%20hunting.

Hunters possessing a valid concealed handgun license may carry their concealed handgun while hunting, but they may not use said handgun to shoot, shoot at, or kill any wild animal. Hunters without a concealed handgun license may not carry or conceal a handgun on their person while hunting.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Sadly people are talking about themselves who do already know how to handle a firearm. A permit isn't about "you". It's about all the people who buy and wish to carry a firearm who have no idea what they're doing so everyone else is at least somewhat safer.

And it is about people who think thy are qualified to define what other people know and don't know.

What's you qualifications on this? Please, a resume with references so we understand how you know what qualifications other people may posses.

Some history for you to ignore when you make your inevitable snarky remarks that try and belittle people.

In MD there was a 4 hour class required before issuance of the W&C permit. When the MDGA realized they might lose their "good ad substantial" reason clause the upped it to 16 hours. They allowed for military paper work (DD-214) to suffice and an exemption to training. Keep in mind the military does not train anyone on MD law (this is a required topic in the class) nor do they train every member with arms that are part of a W&C permit. My niece qualified with an M4. She will likely never touch a firearm in service again, though she owns them.

The DD-214 was not "common sense" or that those folks are "highly trained". They balked and screamed and they vote. It was a simple political decision.

Minimum training course and qualifications are feel good measure to be used as barriers to the exercise of a right. If you think people doing the minimum because of requirement are safer than people who voluntarily seek out training you are just wrong. There are now 25 states that have permitless carry. Doom and gloom is not happening. TN is one of them. Did you go to the class or do you use the exemption? Are you refreshing your training? How often? It is a active skill, those don't get better without practice.

TL;DR You are again being arrogant and thinking you have some ability to judge people without having a clue.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Just making a joke.

Incorrect.

https://munitionsgroup.com/gun-laws-ohio/#:~:text=Hunters%20possessing%20a%20valid%20concealed,on%20their%20person%20while%20hunting.

Hunters possessing a valid concealed handgun license may carry their concealed handgun while hunting, but they may not use said handgun to shoot, shoot at, or kill any wild animal. Hunters without a concealed handgun license may not carry or conceal a handgun on their person while hunting.

As I said, incorrect.

From page 9 of the link I will provide: "Handgun: With a 5-inch minimum length barrel,
using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or
larger. The barrel is measured from the front of
the cylinder or chamber to the end of the barrel." (for deer)

Link: https://ohiodnr.gov/static/document...d%20Trapping%20Regulations%20ENGLISH.pdf

Straight from the state.

1 member likes this: jfanent
T
Legend
Legend
T

You know I am curious now. Did you get that wet spaghetti as a deadly weapon class?

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-why-eating-old-pasta-and-rice-can-kill-you

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Why We Need a Firearms Ban

Link Copied to Clipboard