Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by lampdogg
8. Priefer needs to be replaced. We totally blew it on punt coverage to give them 50 yards.

I still question why Priefer moved the ball spot a yard up on the 61 yd FG

I kind of think that's why the ball got touched

Would this be Priefer's call or would it be York's call? I honestly don't know.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We are bound for a 6-11 season (actually, probably not even that)

And we don't even get a high draft pick as compensation....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
anybody miss those At home with Baker commercials yet? at least they provided some amusement during the game

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Priefer's call

York said the 61 yds wasn't the issue

He had a great feel on the kick

If you re watch the attempt

the ball at that point which I know still has to travel 60 yards

looked on target

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like we have a tendancy to keep really bad special teams coaches around for a long time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just special team coaches ?

lol as I cry !

Tabor was around the longest

1 member likes this: Psydeffect
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Bottlegate 2.0 if at home. Zero calls in our favor. Sad

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Best arm we've had since '99

3 members like this: FATE, tastybrownies, DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Best arm we've had since '99

Weeden after potato chips and weed ofc !

1 member likes this: Psydeffect
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Jcamm
Joey B gonna toss for 550 next week

Most overrated player in the NFL.

But the Browns are the worst team in the NFL so it is possible.
Neither of those are true.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
My biggest fear is we have a few really good pieces (thanks Dorsey) and we are going to miss any competitive window by sticking with mediocre coaching. None of these guys are better than pat shumer, Mike pettine, chud. Just a little more talent. We can’t wait for this to turn around. It’s been 3 years. It’s not getting better, in fact it’s getting worse. That’s a sure sign you have the wrong staff. This includes Berry and Depo . I would spend the rest of the year changing the voices and see if it helps. Step one let AVP call plays. If woods continues to falter jettison him at bye and bring in a retreat with a loud voice, like a Williams or zimmer. This team lacks grit and accountability. None more so than the coaching staff

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
We’re already missing the window with chubb and Garrett unfortunately

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
There's always next year. banghead
The Brownz are not a next year team, they are a this year team.

They are a loze 5 of the first 7 team. And next year doez not exizt, only this year.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Kareem Hunt had double digit carries in the first four games of the season. He's had four and five carries in the last two games, including a total of one catch on three targets. He has not been a part of the game these past two games. I will not be surprised if he is traded by the trade deadline.

His talent is being wasted.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Watson trade was not a bad trade. Stefanski is clearly in over his head.
Ok on stefanzki.
s
I think the Watzon trade was a bad trade because let's put the blame where it belongs
put the blame where it belongs

The Browns have lost 4 in a row for the same reason and everyone knows it, whether they want to admit it or not.

It is because Jacoby Brisset is not a real NFL @uarterback and when they need a real @uarterback to do real @uarterback things
they don't have it.

somebody has to blame Brisset, why should he get a pass juzt because everyone knows he is not a top 30 @b in the league.
Everyone knew he could lose I0 in a row possibly
and they may with him.

I'd put almost a hundred percent of the fault of this L and mozt of the 4 L's in a row on
whatever ended up giving you Jacoby Brisset az a @B

Everybody knew what JB was, it is not a revelation on Jacoby Brisset'z playing abilititez and
propencity to get a win in an NFL game, the book waz already out.
and
Jacoby Brisset he iz freaking J. B. he ain't Joe Montana?

Nobody iz going to blame J.B for not getting the job done?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
A lot of talent is being wasted. But the FO knew this year could and most likely would go this way Ws-wise. They knew Watson would be suspended, and they knew they put themselves in cap hell. They knew we had subpar DTs. But they opted to seize the opportunity to get a top-level QB. Next year, that move might bring us to the promised land of a Super Bowl; this year is just more pain and anguish to get to that point. I hope this gambit works because we do have a lot of talent on this team.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
2 members like this: Clemdawg, tastybrownies
T
Legend
Legend
T
I wish they could put a moratoriam on the phrase next year. Next year has been 29 straight next years ., however many since I989
How about THIs year

Cuss word next year. we've waited too many years. Cuss word it.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by leadtheway
My biggest fear is we have a few really good pieces (thanks Dorsey) and we are going to miss any competitive window by sticking with mediocre coaching. None of these guys are better than pat shumer, Mike pettine, chud. Just a little more talent. We can’t wait for this to turn around. It’s been 3 years. It’s not getting better, in fact it’s getting worse. That’s a sure sign you have the wrong staff. This includes Berry and Depo . I would spend the rest of the year changing the voices and see if it helps. Step one let AVP call plays. If woods continues to falter jettison him at bye and bring in a retreat with a loud voice, like a Williams or zimmer. This team lacks grit and accountability. None more so than the coaching staff

This.

Just listened to Stefanski's presser. Guy just oozes loser. Talking about how hard they worked during the week and how disappointing it was to not come away with a win. Newsflash, every team works hard.

The Ravens weren't even trying. Lamar had like 120 yards passing and barely any rushing attempts. They played ultra conservative because they had no fear the Browns could win either by being out played or out coached.

Quick, other than Hackett in Denver and Saleh in NY, name a worse head coach in the NFL. If you're struggling to come up with an answer then you in fact have your answer.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Matt Rhule. ... recently fired.

L
Legend
Legend
L
If you think the Ravens “weren’t really trying”, and only had to mail it in, then you’re the one who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Hammer
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
And here we come with the excuses and Rishuz is wrong talk.

Name 5 head coaches worse than Stefanski.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol, like I’m gonna devote a lot of time to that. And how would I (and you) even know the five worst head coaches? So, do you have any special thoughts to offer as to why he is a bad HC?

Or are you just gonna keep throwing your remote control or laptop at the TV while yelling “FIRE STEFANSKI!!!!!!!”

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Do I need special thoughts or can I just watch the games and look at the results?

What would special thoughts add to it?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
This pretty much sums up every single loss so far...

"Browns waste another chance at victory. The pair of penalties called on Cleveland's last significant drive were questionable at best and deserve scrutiny. But once again, the Browns didn't do themselves any favors with their decisions throughout this game. For the second straight week, head coach Kevin Stefanski's affinity for the pass hurt his team. When the Browns got a much-needed stop early in the second half in a three-point game, they called three straight passes, leading to a strip-sack of Brissett, turnover and eventual Ravens touchdown. Stefanski seemed to recognize the error of his ways quicker this time around, shifting back to the run on later possessions to help the Browns trim Baltimore's lead to three. But his worst offense came in crunch time after Cleveland allowed Baltimore to burn close to six minutes off the clock in a three-point game before forcing a turnover. After driving into range for a York field goal, Stefanski dialed up a deep shot to Cooper down the sideline on third-and-2, which Brissett completed for a touchdown that was nullified by a questionable OPI. The penalty pushed the Browns back near the edge of York's range, and a phantom false start that deserves examination then backed them up even farther. York's attempt was blocked, once again giving the Browns a loss in a game that was very much winnable (similar to how things went in Weeks 2, 4 and 5). Cleveland has a right to be upset about the penalties in that moment, but the insistence on going away from the NFL's leading rusher, Nick Chubb, in key moments continues to hurt."

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Why do we pass it deep every 3rd and 4th and short?

Legend
Legend
The plays I always cringe at: we pitch it behind the line to the short side of the field. It is basically always just a spring to the sidelines for no gain

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Especially with a backup QB and the best RB and RB duo in the league.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Chubb rushing attempts per game:

Carolina 22 - Win
Jets 17 - Loss
Steelers 23 - Win
Falcons 19 - Loss
Chargers 17 - Loss
Patriots 12 - Loss
Ravens 16 - Loss

I am sensing a theme here.

1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Chubb 16 Carries another JOKE Stafanski

The Officials if you didn't notice on the long pass to DPJ they roughed Brissett with no flag, if you watch the Ref he isn't even looking at the hit ...

We need to run more... too many short yardage plays we tried to pass... just run the damn ball...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dude, c'mon, do you know nothing about football? Later in the game, when you have to go 40 yards in :16 seconds to have a chance to attempt another game tying FG... it was those plays that allows the 3 yard out to be open. It's all strategy.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Kareem Hunt had double digit carries in the first four games of the season. He's had four and five carries in the last two games, including a total of one catch on three targets. He has not been a part of the game these past two games. I will not be surprised if he is traded by the trade deadline.

His talent is being wasted.

That or the team is trying to trade him and want to reduce injury risk.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
One good note IMO: alex wright shows signs of disruption. I get the idea that he’s not consistent yet, but at least he shows up sometimes unlike the other younger DL

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
This is tough, Stefanski really does some things I like with his gameplanning and scheme. But his situational playcalling is just terrible and costs us so many times.

Also I hate to see another coaching change, I really really am sick of changing systems and starting all over again. But this roster has too much talent on it to be losing some of these games. I hope Watson can show us something for next year to pin our hopes on and not fire another coach. But I can feel it's going to happen.

Maybe that is the overall plan, play like crap now, so that no matter what Watson does it looks like sunshine and rainbows in comparison. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Psyd: I really dont want another coaching change either. I think KS has some good qualities. He needs a strong defensive and/or ST presence though. I’m to the point of also saying: Help game plan and script, but then turn it over to Van Pelt during the game.

Legend
Legend
I didn't watch the game yesterday. Let me guess: Head scratching play calling, idiotic mistakes and blown calls by the refs cost us the game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Psyd: I really dont want another coaching change either. I think KS has some good qualities. He needs a strong defensive and/or ST presence though. I’m to the point of also saying: Help game plan and script, but then turn it over to Van Pelt during the game.

To a degree, I think this whole issue of play calling is overrated. Primarily because I think play calling, in general, is an overrated concept/topic of discussion when it comes to fans knowing what was supposed to go on for a particular play.

Every coach, every game has play calls that they wish they could have back.
Every coach, every game has play calls that were bad calls, but ended up working out for one reason or another.
Every coach, every game has play calls that were great calls, but were poorly executed by your players or a great play was made by an opposing player.

We have a backup QB playing for us. I think people are regularly (or conveniently) forgetting this. Brissett started off strong but has regressed to his status as a backup. And of course when you have a inferior player to the guy you have slotted in as your starter long-term, of course things that go wrong will be amplified. How many times have we seen that with the QB that have played for this team?

Outside of the Patriots game, our losses have been by 1, 3, 2, 3 points.....with Brissett.
There have certainly been head-scratchers from Stefanski in term of offensive play-calling, but this team is 7th in the NFL in offensive scoring.....with Brissett. Side note: 5th in giving up points.

I guess I just feel like I know what this team is with a backup QB and feel like people don't when they start calling for Stefanski's head when he has Brissett as his starter.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I’m not going to disagree with you. Playcalling is kind of a crap shoot. I’m just wondering how much of it distracts KS from helping manage other parts of the team. I mean, we are BAD on special teams and defense too.

But, I think we’ll know much more one year from now when we have Watson in the fold.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I get and mostly agree with all that.

I think game management, in game adjustments and play calling DO make a bigger difference than what you are suggesting - and I can give you a very specific example. We've seen constantly during KS time as a HC - the start of games we normally always move the ball well and score points - first 20+ plays are scripted and we move the ball. . . . After that, plays aren't scripted and the play calling and success is MUCH more suspect. Another example - I forget which winnable game it was we lost last year when we were running the ball at 8.8 yards per carry - and needing a FG to win the game from about the 50 yard line with time enough left - we passed 3 times and threw a pick instead of running the ball (and passing instead of running too much is another overall theme of KS play calling).

With that said - Watson can and should make a world of difference and we should be 5-2 instead of 2-5 with Watson. But as HC and someone that owns all aspects of the team - the D is still atrocious and Special teams is stinky bad.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by Jcamm
Joey B gonna toss for 550 next week

Most overrated player in the NFL.

But the Browns are the worst team in the NFL so it is possible.
How did you arrive at 5hat conclusion regarding Burrows?

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Well, it used to be no matter how short we’d complete a pass that still ended up short of the first down. They would need three and they’d get two.

Running for a first down on 3rd and short? What an excellent idea.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Ravens 23 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard