Legend
Legend
. Duped!

Last edited by FATE; 11/02/22 11:36 AM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Wasn't that the pick that became Chubb too?

Not sure which pick was offered for that bum, but the Chubb pick was from the Brock Osweiler trade.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Wasn't that the pick that became Chubb too?

Not sure which pick was offered for that bum, but the Chubb pick was from the Brock Osweiler trade.

Another great day in Browns' history.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
So Andrew Berry used one game to help influence his trade deadline decisions. Wow, just wow!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Aaaahhhh Hue Jackson, the guy who was given the players he asked for then when they didn't pan out went crying to Jimmy that the reason why we were losing was because mean old Sashi wouldn't give him the guys he wanted. One of the World's greatest con men.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's true if you are talking about an OC. I'm certainly not on the fire Stefanski bandwagon as though it appears many are. But when you watch a team play like the Browns did for the first seven weeks and then witness their true potential in a game in which they performed far superior to any other game they played this year, one has to wonder what the hell was going on.

I know, I know. It's not like they were getting blown out in all but one of those first seven games. But let's also not pretend they were playing up to the level they did against the Bengals.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
It was Berry's worst performance in my opinion. Nothing was believable. I was also disappointed in the media. How about asking the question "what is a successful season?"

Berry acted like we are exactly where we are supposed to be at 3-5.

The only thing I believed him on was his unequivocal support of Stefanski. Much to my chagrin.

Between he and Stefanski, they barely say anything of note. I always admire his conscious emphasis on using positive language during his press conferences. Dale Carnegie courses were definitely taken!

Media: "Are you satisfied with where you're at in the season"
Berry: "We are approaching the situation knowing that we have nine more opportunities to get to where want to be as a team."

He and Stefanski absolutely love using the word 'opportunity' as often as possible. We don't have upcoming games, we have upcoming opportunities. Always projecting enthusiasm and a positive mindset!

Berry said the same thing last year as the wheels were coming off with Mayfield and discussed what a valuable opportunity those last five games were to grow as an organization.

Andrew Berry is amazingly consistent in his messaging during press conferences. Very boiler plate, just change the player names.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

From Berry's press conference on 12/1/21. It's like a carbon copy.

On if decreasing Stefanski’s responsibility on offense could help Stefanski oversee the total operation of the team better and potentially decrease pre-snap penalties:

“No, I do not think it is a function of that. I think we have seen enough evidence over time that Kevin can manage everything on his plate. I think it really starts with accountability for every man that is on the team. Look, I have a ton of confidence that is something that we will get fixed moving forward.”

https://browns.1rmg.com/transcripts...nd-general-manager-andrew-berry-12-1-21/

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's true if you are talking about an OC. I'm certainly not on the fire Stefanski bandwagon as though it appears many are. But when you watch a team play like the Browns did for the first seven weeks and then witness their true potential in a game in which they performed far superior to any other game they played this year, one has to wonder what the hell was going on.

I know, I know. It's not like they were getting blown out in all but one of those first seven games. But let's also not pretend they were playing up to the level they did against the Bengals.

It can be spread around, but i put that mostly on the players. The scheme had us close. Players are the ones leaving wide receivers wide open.

I am no X's nd O's guy, but I can promise you that wasn't how things were drawn up in the training room.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Hammer
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree with you there. But they certainly seemed to perform better with players that weren't being played in most of the games to any extent. I also saw a fire underneath the players I hadn't seen before in the season. I certainly fault the players for some of that but not all of that. I do believe that being a really good NFL HC requires more than just the x's and the o's.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I certainly agree with you there. But they certainly seemed to perform better with players that weren't being played in most of the games to any extent. I also saw a fire underneath the players I hadn't seen before in the season. I certainly fault the players for some of that but not all of that. I do believe that being a really good NFL HC requires more than just the x's and the o's.

I mentioned it in another thread, but Nathan Zegura was talking about players openly commenting how much improved the communication has been since JJ III has been wearing the green dot and how JJ III has put an emphasis on explaining all the details in order to avoid mental.mistakes. There was a change when he took over last year. Not sure why they even went back, especially considering JJ III typically never comes off the field. Maybe that's oversimplifying an issue, but the evidence is there and it was last year. Good question for someone to ask Joe Woods.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I saw that and appreciate the information you post. I guess all I can say about that is that if communication was such a huge issue it should have been addressed and corrected before week 8.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I must be missing something......What's wild about what Berry said about Stefanski?

R
Legend
Legend
R
I saw that and appreciate the information you post. I guess all I can say about that is that if communication was such a huge issue it should have been addressed and corrected before week 8.

Part of the issue is they don't do anything in training camp. They stretch and take mental reps.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

I must be missing something......What's wild about what Berry said about Stefanski?

I don't think she's saying his statement was "wild". I think she's stating that the fact that he has to openly endorse Stefanski's management of an efficient offense with a back-up QB is wild, as in "bizarre".

2 members like this: Clemdawg, CapCity Dawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I mentioned it in another thread, but Nathan Zegura was talking about players openly commenting how much improved the communication has been since JJ III has been wearing the green dot and how JJ III has put an emphasis on explaining all the details in order to avoid mental.mistakes. There was a change when he took over last year. Not sure why they even went back, especially considering JJ III typically never comes off the field. Maybe that's oversimplifying an issue, but the evidence is there and it was last year. Good question for someone to ask Joe Woods.

Kinda hard to "see" anything when you don't watch 6 out of 8 games.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Didn't Phillips wear the green dot after Walker went down and only the last 2 games did JJ III wear it?

If so, there's the problem.

Legend
Legend
So Andrew Berry used one game to help influence his trade deadline decisions. Wow, just wow!

I think that statement is being a bit blown out of proportion... He said it "moved the needle". Then look at the game itself, a game in which many expected us to get our doors blown off was turned inside out. An offense that was boat-racing defenses was stifled. What really moved the needle was in your following post, imo.

If they suspect certain players to be an issue, and "next man up" rises to the occasion, that would probably influence some trade-deadline decisions.

Another dark-horse opinion, one I share, is that other teams will not be playing nice with us for a while longer since Jimmy reset the guaranteed salary scale. So we'll be paying an a$$hole tax on trades for a little while.

2 members like this: Southwestdawg, WSU Willie
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know if it is a problem or not, but I think you are correct. Not 100 percent sure, but that was my understanding of the green dot thing.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Hammer
Didn't Phillips wear the green dot after Walker went down and only the last 2 games did JJ III wear it?

If so, there's the problem.

Phillips doesn't belong on an NFL field let alone wearing the green dot. His injury while, unfortunate for him, was likely a blessing for the defense, as harsh as that sounds.

R
Legend
Legend
R
That is crazy to me. He started at a big time college program that won a national championship. How can he be that bad?

P
Legend
Legend
P

Part of the issue is they don't do anything in training camp. They stretch and take mental reps.

I have no idea what that has to do with communication on the field. As a matter of fact it has nothing to do with communication on the field because communication isn't a physical thing that can be addressed by contact in practice. It is actually a mental rep thing.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I don't think she's saying his statement was "wild". I think she's stating that the fact that he has to openly endorse Stefanski's management of an efficient offense with a back-up QB is wild, as in "bizarre".

Correct. What Cory is implying, is that it is amazing the media is asking Berry if Stefnaski should be questioned about his playcalling when the offense is performing at such a high level.

Lol, "she."

[Linked Image from i.makeagif.com]

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Kinda hard to "see" anything when you don't watch 6 out of 8 games.

That's why God invented sports bars. Look it up.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Got it. Thanks.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I have no idea what that has to do with communication on the field. As a matter of fact it has nothing to do with communication on the field because communication isn't a physical thing that can be addressed by contact in practice. It is actually a mental rep thing.

I'm assuming about 10 minutes before game 1 someone reminded Stefanski they needed to choose someone to wear the green dot.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You know what assuming makes someone.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Correct. What Cory is implying, is that it is amazing the media is asking Berry if Stefnaski should be questioned about his playcalling when the offense is performing at such a high level.

Lol, "she."

[Linked Image from i.makeagif.com]

My B. Small profile pic looked like a chick.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
brownie

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Dead ringer for Stef from The Goonies.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Legend
Legend

Dead ringer for Stef from The Goonies.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks for the java'd keyboard, jack@ss. rofl rofl

It's Stef... "all growed up".

Legend
Legend
j/c:

I can't be positive about this, but I think the OP needed to use more words, if clarity was desired.

I interpreted it thus:
"It's wild that we live in a world where Andrew Berry feels the need to justify his support of a playcaller who's running the 6th most efficient O in the league... with a backup QB, no less...."

But it's Twitter... not War & Peace. He took shortcuts that opened the door for ambiguity.
My 7th grade English/8th grade Composition teacher June Short was right: words matter... and there exists a correct number of them for every efficient sentence.

jmho

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
T
Legend
Legend
T
The only thing falze about it is that it wasn't a by the NFL trade of player for player, (or pick) (by that definition of trade)
but, the fact is in 2020, in the playoff year, Baker to Higgins waz a thing the Brownz had,
and they've replaced it, with J.Brisset and (one of hiz optionz) is now Anthony Schwartz,
so totally a true statement, and a downgrade in many ways imo.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I read the post as being facetious because it was so ridiculous. Then, I started thinking about some of the other Twitter posts I have seen from that individual and from Fred Greetham and I started to wonder because both have been so unfairly negative at times in regards to Stefanski. Thus, I was a bit confused. I'm glad that it wasn't yet another slam.

I'm going to say something that most of you won't agree with because this place is full of parrots. The same stuff is repeated over and over and often lacks substance. I think Stefanski is one of the very best coaches in the entire NFL. He reminds me a lot of Shanny. Clem, if you remember.......I was about the only dude who supported Shanny when all that crap went down w/Farmer. These guys are so similar in how they understand offense. Superior schemers. Great play callers who use building blocks to hit big plays.

Stefanski actually got Baker to have a decent year. He is the coach that is making Jacoby looking good. Think about that. He ran 7 offensive linemen a lot against the Bengals to take advantage of our physical dominance. His scheme is so freaking advanced. Second only to Shanny. Wide outside zone blocking schemes. Use of play action. It's annoying to read all the BS negative comments about him.

Dude can coach!!!!

No doubt in my mind!

1 member likes this: bonefish
A
Legend
Legend
A
And with his superior coaching, we are? 3-5. If that's superior coaching, I want in on that job.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am a big fan of this FO and Stefanski.

I see a lot of what they are doing through transactions and I understand their reasoning. How I interpret it might not be what they're actually trying to do, but it does make sense to me.

As for Stef, I agree with what you are saying. Especially our offense. I would talk more about it, but we are at page 10 in this thread.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And yet with all his so-called superiority, the items of substance tell a different story. He is barely over .500 in his career with the Browns - has had a continued problem with numerous players going public with their concerns about the team - ongoing locker room and leadership issues - and has never had the Browns place better than 3rd place in the division. Strange that the FO would feel the need to even mention Stefanski's play calling unless there really is an issue - Hmmmmm.

Last edited by steve0255; 11/03/22 03:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Strange that the FO would feel the need to even mention Stefanski's play calling unless there really is an issue - Hmmmmm.

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Ive yet to watch the PC. I don’t get much into them honestly because they’re all vanilla. I would love to give AB some truth serum and ask him about our defense, particularly Ward

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard