Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I actually think he’ll be here next year now too

I highly doubt it. They'll likely extend an offer, but it'll probably be low. Browns have to watch their cap next year, so I expect the Browns to really trust what they have in Ford, and pick up another RB in the 23' draft and hope they luck up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you're putting too much faith in Ford. Johnson is the proven producer currently on the roster at RB.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I liked what i saw from Ford too, but I wouldn’t bank on him to replace Hunt

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think you're putting too much faith in Ford. Johnson is the proven producer currently on the roster at RB.

Are we? Seriously now, do we Fans really know what Ford can do? I have questions, so I am not speaking with confidence.

As fans, we must get better at evaluating. I say we get too emotionally attached or a better word comfortable with what we think is excellence.

"Analytics," oh, what a great excuse for what works and what does not. In the end, it is simply a benchmark. Just like humans, it can predict perfection but with a percentage of error!

Pit, I don't wish to question your opinion. I too have doubts, but are we questioning what we don't know?

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is interesting...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the way things played out at the trade deadline I think we'll try to re-sign Hunt in the off season and let Johnson go, if we fail to re-sign Hunt than we'll work at bringing Johnson back.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by dawg66
With the way things played out at the trade deadline I think we'll try to re-sign Hunt in the off season and let Johnson go, if we fail to re-sign Hunt than we'll work at bringing Johnson back.

Probably. But my guess is that Hunt won't take what we offer (one last shot as the featured back on another team, etc). At any rate, the time to move Johnson was last offseason. I think his stock was highest then. We'll roll with Ford as Chubb's back-up next year, imo.

I don't know.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bugs
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Are we? Seriously now, do we Fans really know what Ford can do? I have questions, so I am not speaking with confidence.

As fans, we must get better at evaluating. I say we get too emotionally attached or a better word comfortable with what we think is excellence.

"Analytics," oh, what a great excuse for what works and what does not. In the end, it is simply a benchmark. Just like humans, it can predict perfection but with a percentage of error!

Pit, I don't wish to question your opinion. I too have doubts, but are we questioning what we don't know?

To an extent I suppose. But there is sound reasoning to question it. First, most everything we have to evaluate Ford on is against second and third string NFL talent in preseason. He wasn't facing NFL starters. It's rather hard to gauge his actual production based upon that alone. Secondly you in your own words admit we are questioning what we do not know.

That's not what we're doing with Johnson. If you read the quote of my words you will see exactly what I'm saying. I did not say that Ford couldn't do the job. I said I think the poster was putting too much faith in Ford. Simply because you can not depend on what a RB did against second and third string talent. That's far different than playing against NFL starters. In the second sentence it's 100% correct that Johnson has already proven he is not only a good producer against first string NFL talent but an excellent producer.

I guess one could suppose that an unproven RB who has played against backup talent might be as good as Johnson who has already proven he can produce at a high level against a higher quality of talent if they so choose to. But I haven't seen any actual evidence to suggest that would be correct. My opinion is based on the actual evidence at hand. That isn't analytics.

Far too often I've seen fans depend on what they saw in preseason when people they thought were really good players have to step up and face better NFL talent. Often times they get disappointed. Far more times than not actually. So is it possible Ford could repeat his production in preseason against inferior talent against better talent? Yes, anything is possible. There's just no evidence to support it and Johnson did REALLY well when called upon in that situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
This is interesting...

Moving the trade deadline back is an excellent idea.

2 members like this: WSU Willie, Jester
M
Legend
Legend
M

I think there is next to a zero percent change Hunt is back next year. Doubt the Browns even make an offer. I am sure Hunt's agent knows where the Browns stand as far as money goes at this point. He's not in the Browns plans with the draft of Ford and more importantly, Hunt will get starter money on the open market. Not high end starter money, but starter money nonetheless.

Also, with Watson as the starting QB, the need to invest as heavily, financially, in two high end RBs significantly decreases.

I'll actually be quite surprised if Johnson is brought back again unless they can continue to get him on a really cheap deal.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I think there is next to a zero percent change Hunt is back next year. Doubt the Browns even make an offer. I am sure Hunt's agent knows where the Browns stand as far as money goes at this point. He's not in the Browns plans with the draft of Ford and more importantly, Hunt will get starter money on the open market. Not high end starter money, but starter money nonetheless.

Also, with Watson as the starting QB, the need to invest as heavily, financially, in two high end RBs significantly decreases.

I'll actually be quite surprised if Johnson is brought back again unless they can continue to get him on a really cheap deal.

While I don't see Hunt being back next year, and I would like him back, I do think the team will offer him a deal. It will be a "we like you but wish you well" kind of deal but I think they'll offer something.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns possibly looking to trade Kareem Hunt and Greedy.

Link Copied to Clipboard