Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Going to just truly enjoy the ride this season.

This.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Im going to a random Hawks game next week. Im going to wear my Love jersey just to confuse the hell out of the fans.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

Legend
Legend
Cavs stomp Detroit. Not even close. Rolling

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Rish, the sound and video were synced up. I have Amazon Prime and a Smart TV, so it was easy to choose. You can't get the package w/out Amazon Prime according to what I read. I prefer watching the games on a large screen TV, but I guess you don't need a Smart TV if you watch on another device. They give you an option of which local feed you want to watch. For example, last night you could choose the Detroit local telecast or the Cavs local telecast. $100 for a year is a good deal. I thought it was way more than that.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This team is something special.

--I was worried because we didn't have our two biggest stars and because they are our two primary ball handlers, but we beat the crap out of the Pistons.

--How many times did we exploit Detroit in the paint w/soft pick and rolls that ended up w/dunks for out bigs off of lobs or nifty feeds? We had to have at least doubled them up in points in the paint. I freaking loved that. Wait, I'll look it up........58 to 24 advantage for points in the paint.

--We shot 54.3% from the field compared to 37.3% for them.

--We had 13 blocks last night.

--We had 30 assists. They had 16.

--Team basketball, for sure.

--Man, Mobley is smooth. He's built like Durant and carries his body on the court like him, too. Keeps great balance w/his chest over his thighs at all times. Lacks the J, though. Still, he is very, very smooth and under control.

--Allen was dominating their bigs. Nets were foolish to part w/him.

--Love had a great game and he looks so much happier.

--Neto contributed.

--LeVert has such long arms. He is our 5th best starter. Think about that.

--Osman had a nice game. He isn't polished enough, but he is a good role player.

--Lopez is probably my new favorite.....LOL....he was gonna beat the crap out of Noel. It was cool seeing his teammates hold him back and laughing at the same time.

--What I find most impressive is just how well this team plays together. They are a real team and far removed from the corruption that plagues teams like the Nets. They genuinely seem to like each other and Bickerstaff has them playing unselfish ball and rooting for one another. I remember his dad, Bernie, who was a very good coach in his day.

--Happy to see Austin Carr doing the color commentary.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
Legend
Legend
Hope you are rooting The Land. . . . nanner
Or are you rooting for both teams? Either way, I know you will have fun! Enjoy it. Let us know how it felt at the game. Any other Cavs fans in Atlanta?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: EveDawg
E
Legend
Legend
E
Im rooting for The Land even if they arent playing in this game (its Hawks v Jazz). I pull for the Hawks too because I enjoy going to their playoff games. Playoffs ball is SO INTENSE. Ideally CLE and ATL will play each other in the playoffs.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
since you get to see ice trey, is he the real deal in your opinion?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yes. He is the reason that team gets in the playoffs. But, he is really short though. They dont have enough weapons to ever get far in the playoffs. Either last year or the year before he got injured and that was the end of their playoff run. They couldnt bounce back.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Really struggling against a bad laker team today. We are falling into iso too much . And our bigs are getting destroyed in the paint

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Better this quarter. Guy like Mitchell you’re never out. But need more balance and to hit the FT

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Nvm more iso lost all momentum and the lead. Not playing like a team

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Starting to move it now

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I’m not sure Westbrook would make a d league team

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Putting it on them now

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Garland making some horrible decisions

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Statement win. We’ve moved on from lebron and the lakers are a lottery team

1 member likes this: Psydeffect
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Nice Sunday win. Lakers came out hot to start the game and the Cavs were able to withstand their own sluggish start. Garland mentioned before the game the west coast time change and early start time made it feel like they were playing a morning game and had them a bit off schedule. Cavs were cold from 3pt range all day, were down double digits early and still won by 14.

I believe this was the Cavs first win against LeBron since he left the Cavs. Added bonus!

8-1.

Go Cavs!

M
Legend
Legend
M
This is great.

5 members like this: FL_Dawg, ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
V
Legend
Legend
V
That was awesome. Thanks for sharing, Milk.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I started watching the game somewhere in the first quarter. Had to watch a couple of endings in the NFL. Tried recording the game, but I don't see that feature on the NBA League PASS through Amazon.

Some thoughts:

--I think that early start time after a long flight on Friday night hurt us in the first half. We were out of sorts.

--We gave up too many points in the paint. LA can't shoot. Force them outside.

--Garland and Mitchell kept us alive in the first half.

--Early foul trouble for our bigs hurt.

--We cranked up our defensive intensity in the second half and got out in transition.

--We pounded them in the paint for most of the second half.

--The game seemed closer, but we pulled away.

--Great victory considering the travel and time of the game.

--Gonna be a tough game tomorrow night.

Legend
Legend
This is getting exciting.

It could a year that I really get into it.

Legend
Legend
Love beating the Lakers … i dont care that they stink lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
This is great.

I've watched this like 25 times.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Perimeter defense is atrocious tonight. Clips getting whatever they want inside and out. So are we but man come on tighten it up. I still hate watching cedi. His lateral quickness is non existent

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Hate this rotation out there right now

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Okoro needs to give the ball up and stop playing hero ball and wasting possessions

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Horrible half defensively. If they had their full team we would be run out of the gym right now. Gonna have to dig deep on the defensive side this next half

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Much better intensity second half . Not sold on okoro. But man our guards are relentless

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Klove doing them dirty right now

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Bad iso stuff going on now. All we’ve needed is a basket or two to put it away and we can’t

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Lavert is killing us

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Garland is not a closer. Stop trying to make him one. That’s going to cost us. Jacking up dumb shots, bad passing and can’t finish at rim. Mitchell is the closer, keep going to him

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
If we lost this it will be because of garland and lavert in the 4th

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Just horrible team basketball. We deserve this loss

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Cavs were up 10 with 2:30 to play and lost. Ouch.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was watching MNF and fell asleep early. Woke up at 11:40 and turned the Cavs game on. We were down 81-78. We took the lead and I think we were up by 13 at one point. We were up by 12 and then missed 7 shots in a row and turned it over 3 more times. Clips scored 15 straight. Some questionable officiating. Allen got hit hard in the paint w/no call. Powell drives and there is hardly any defensive contact and he gets a 3 point play opportunity. We still had a chance because for some reason, Paul George fouled us on a 3 point attempt. Mitchell made two and missed the last one on purpose and we almost got the rebound. Tough loss.

Some observations:

--LA did a really good job of pushing us out on the perimeter when we went into our set offense down the stretch. This hurt our angles on entry passes and we went Iso too much and turned the ball over or took highly contested shots.

--KLove is important to this team. I hate to use this word, but his time here has been tumultuous. It seems like he is content and happy w/his role here and he is giving us quality minutes.

--We went cold at the wrong time. Mitchell had a good night, but missed some open shots. So did Love. Garland forced up a couple of bad shots.

--Hopefully, we can use this game to learn how to adjust to teams that can amp up defensive pressure on the ball and/or perimeter. We are very athletic and skilled. We are not the most physical team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think the quotes by Mitchel and J.B. are significant.

“The biggest thing is we’ll learn from this,” Mitchell said. “They did a lot of things that we’ll see come playoff time. It was a test. … It’s nothing to overreact to. We’re not in the locker room freaking out. It’s going to be a lesson, and we’re going to get better.”

Garland had 19 points and 12 assists, and Jarrett Allen added 10 points and a season-high 20 rebounds as the Cavs' longest winning streak since late 2017 ended in dramatic fashion.

“The test of, ‘How do you bounce back from something like this?’ is experience that you need," coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. “Through all the hype, we’re a team that’s still building, and we understand that. So as a coach, you don’t expect to win them all. You expect to have some adversity and some ups and downs, but it’s what happens next.”

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What a bummer to wake up to the news that we lost to the Clippers.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA 2022-2023

Link Copied to Clipboard