Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1985192 11/10/22 06:38 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I will be making my fish this Sunday, I have a secret recipe that I put together in 1989

People who don't like fish will eat a few pieces of the fish I make. They like it a lot

I used to do fish fry's and lots of people would show up at the house to enjoy a good breaded piece.

Along with the fish I'll be making onions and french fries.

I made it at tailgates and it was received well.

Hopefully a fish fry will help with a win !

Anyone going or have plans for the game ?

E
Legend
Legend
E
I will be at the bar.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't know what I am cooking yet, but we will be here on the couch at home. I will also have the live chat running.

Legend
Legend
I'll be at the campground helping with a controlled deer hunt for handicapped hunters. I'll be able to sneak back to the camper to catch snippets of the game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Another miss for me. At least watching it live. I’ll record it and watch it after 5pm. I have a major project going in the studio that has to be done by December 1st. Ready for an install at a park in downtown Portland. So my weekend will be spent in the shop. Both during the Bucks’ and Browns’ games.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll be at the Backers club at U A Pub

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
Legend
Legend
B
Joining up with the Englewood, Fla. Browns Backers.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Plan on meeting up with the Englewood, Fla. Browns Backers Club.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Anyone going or have plans for the game ?

My favorite comfy chair drawn up close to the TV (after I have moved all throwable objects out of reach....lol).

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hope to watch but have family coming to visit, so we'll see.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
would love some fish!If I can find a place to watch, may come up

Legend
Legend
taking a couple of hogs to the butcher... if we can get them loaded on the trailer. The small one is somewhere between 600-900 pounds, depending on who you ask, and the big one does not like the idea of trailers at all, lol

We're starting super early, but I'm prepared for it to be an ongoing struggle by gametime

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The big one knows where that trailer is headed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You in Florida ?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
taking a couple of hogs to the butcher... if we can get them loaded on the trailer. The small one is somewhere between 600-900 pounds, depending on who you ask, and the big one does not like the idea of trailers at all, lol

We're starting super early, but I'm prepared for it to be an ongoing struggle by gametime

Seriously ! You're doing some real cool stuff, good for you !

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Another miss for me. At least watching it live. I’ll record it and watch it after 5pm. I have a major project going in the studio that has to be done by December 1st. Ready for an install at a park in downtown Portland. So my weekend will be spent in the shop. Both during the Bucks’ and Browns’ games.

Is that the park where I believe is between the Willamette River

Where the Rose Festival is held and the downtown area where the Elephant Castle bar area is

My last time there was 1984

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Some ribeyes
Hopefully the tetons show.
Drink alot of oj and milk.

Legend
Legend
I'll be at home with a sick kid eating chips and salsa with either BBQ chicken or hamburgers...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You in Florida ?

Yes. Pat's mom is 95 so we come down here a lot over the past 2-3 years. Like every 4 weeks lot.

Dealing with 2 strong women here. One didn't want to move up near us a decade ago and two who weren't ready for the assisted living route. Finally my wife is starting to agree with me that something needs to be done above and beyond all the things we already are doing at this point. I am pretty much her mother business agent, and have been for a good while.

It is what it is.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'll be at the campground helping with a controlled deer hunt for handicapped hunters. I'll be able to sneak back to the camper to catch snippets of the game.

The hunt was a huge success. We had 17 hunters who took 21 deer the first day and 6 the second. It was an archery/crossbow hunt. Most of the hunters were wheelchair bound, and we had plenty of volunteer guides who took them to the blinds and stayed with them if they wanted. The looks on the hunters faces just made our hearts melt. It was a well run event, with meals provided. The blinds were set up 2 weeks ago and baited regularly. It was cold, snowy and windy, but these hardcore guys hunted all day until last light. Some came back to the shelter house to warm up for a while and went back out. They all came in for lunch though. 12 returned for the second day on Sunday, most scored the previous day and were holding out for a big buck. A guy I used to work with who's paralyzed from the waist down took 3. He donated 2 of them to charity, as did some of the other hunters. All had a great time and did the park a huge favor by thinning the herd, which was sorely needed. I was able to catch parts of the game....what I did see was pathetic.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: DeisleDawg, FATE, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's wonderful you volunteered for such a great cause. My hats off to you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Awesome!
That's so cool, man. What a great way to volunteer.

I got my pigs to the butcher in time to be home for the game (unfortunately). I saw the first drive, which was nice to watch, then I dozed off until halftime. Unfortunately, I stayed awake for the rest of the game; pathetic is a good choice of verbiage for what I saw. We looked outcoached and outclassed at every level, every position.

Browns is the Browns

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Your in good voice

Legend
Legend
I got my pigs to the butcher

just for the record, the hanging weights of my pigs were 570# and 528#.... so, I'm freezer shopping this week.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
You're going to need a pretty large freezer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have half a large chest freezer open, I'm looking to add another 16 cu ft chest freezer to that.

Browns is the Browns

2 members like this: Ballpeen, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Holy smokes. You'll be set for a while.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
We used to raise a Black Angus calf on my uncle's farm every year to slaughter in the fall. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place. Is pork all you raised?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I got my pigs to the butcher

just for the record, the hanging weights of my pigs were 570# and 528#.... so, I'm freezer shopping this week.

You going to sell any? Surely, right?

An average size deer will feed us for at least a year. (we usually process a deer ourselves, so I don't know 'hanging' weight. Is that after field dressed, but with bones, etc?)

I can't imagine having 500 to 800 lbs of pork, be it a combination of bacon, loin, chops, etc.

Most deer I get (keep in mind, I'm not a horn hunter. Doe eat just as well as bucks - maybe better. First deer I see, with a good shot, I'm taking it.) provide 50-70 lbs of meat. Usually in the 50 lb range.

Legend
Legend
Not planning to sell any, but only half of it is mine. I didn't raise them and I'm not planning to do pigs each year, so this is probably just a one time thing, but as soon as I get my fence finished I will be raising sheep, so I'll have a separate lamb freezer for that and those I *will* be selling. Hoping to sell enough lamb each year to qualify for the Ohio CAUV tax breaks.

p.s. hanging weight is the field dressed weight, head, legs, etcetera included. Roughly 55-65% of that weight will end up as the butchered weight, which is how much meat you get to take home.

Browns is the Browns

A
Legend
Legend
A
Got it. Thanks. Bro in law raises steers and hogs. I just wondered what the 'hanging" weight was, and you answered what I figured.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have half a large chest freezer open, I'm looking to add another 16 cu ft chest freezer to that.

Does you butcher just warp the meat of does he also vacuum seal?

I also be interested in how you will get the meat, as in how it is cut. Are you getting whole cuts or is it broken down, such as bacon sliced, chops, sausage made from fall off?

Sounds good my man. Set up a hen house with rooster and you are in chicken and eggs....self sustaining. Sounds like you will have enough meat to trade. You may already be doing that to cover butchering.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
just getting all the standard cuts... chops, ribs, etc... hams are too big to handle whole, so they're getting broken up or just treated as bulk meat. Extra meat being left on the ribs. Big ole shoulder roasts.... and the rest will be bulk sausage.

I've got hens and two roosters, but those little bastards are being stubborn about pooping me some breakfast. I've got grown hens, but haven't gotten a single egg, yet.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
just getting all the standard cuts... chops, ribs, etc... hams are too big to handle whole, so they're getting broken up or just treated as bulk meat. Extra meat being left on the ribs. Big ole shoulder roasts.... and the rest will be bulk sausage.

I've got hens and two roosters, but those little bastards are being stubborn about pooping me some breakfast. I've got grown hens, but haven't gotten a single egg, yet.

I only had one Cock and the Hens laid a lot

B
Legend
Legend
B

LOL...ugly hens or not you best show them how it's done or a neck wrenching in soon to be had. LOL

Seriously, you might not need two roosters. Just saying as a northern boy with southern grandparents and mother, or southern boy raised in the north. Take your pick. The hens aren't going to kill them,the other rooster might. The roosters might not be looking at the hens.

Just saying

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I had 10 hens and one Rooster and eggs galore

also had two ducks and the one duck and rooster hung out all the time they would sun bath together

it was hysterical

I also depends on the type of hens you have

B
Legend
Legend
B
It does. I am just thinking the 2 roosters might be making the hens tense.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The roosters were kinda dropped on me. I was actually given four of them, but two wandered north and while I hear them some mornings, I haven't seen them in a couple months. So, I have two of the four remaining, and neither is large enough to bother butchering.

The hens I have were in the middle of molt when I got them two weeks ago. Molt can go on for two to three months. I'm currently switching them to a higher protein diet to help ensure they get through it as fast as possible. Hens usually will not lay any eggs at all when they molt. As for stress, the move from their old house to here, plus molt, plus my dogs being freaking turds about critters being in their yard until just the last week or so when I started using a zap collar to train the dogs to stay away from the coop, is probably more the issue. Add in shorter days and freezing temps and it really isn't a surprise that I'm not getting breakfast.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
Zap collars are wonderful training aids.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
.....Add in shorter days and freezing temps and it really isn't a surprise that I'm not getting breakfast.

You might have to tap into that half ton of pork in your freezer!

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Dolphins 39 plans for the game

Link Copied to Clipboard