Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1987616 11/20/22 04:52 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I'd appreciate it if we kept this thread to griping. If we have any Xs and Os talk, I will start another thread to get back to griping.

--In a league of parity, there are only two teams who are not competitive, the Texans and the Browns. The Browns have five players in the top 100 and are supposed to have one of the most dominant pash rushers in the league. 3-7.

--It's important to be competitive at all times, even if you are missing your star QB. It's a culture and expectation thing. What if Watson gets hurt in week 1 next year? Does that give Stefanski another pass for a 3-14 season? Come on people, expect more. When do the excuses stop?

--The Bills made 50 yd FGs look routine. The Browns cannot execute a 32 yd FG. When do the excuses stop? Are we really waiting for Watson to fix the culture, lack of leadership, and poor coaching that is plaguing this team?

--Is Jeff Saturday a better coach than Stefanski?

1 member likes this: Jester
E
Legend
Legend
E
I thought we played really well up until the fumble. Then they just outplayed us. The wildcat play was stupid. Having Jacoby sneak it twice was stupid. I stopped watching in the 3rd. Seen this movie before.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Same crap different Sunday. First drive is perfect, then wheels fall off the remaining of the game.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just find it amazing that we won 8 games last year with an injured QB and this year albeit with a different QB we have essentially the same people and yet we stink.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
The game went about how I expected it to go.... We lost.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Against an easier schedule this year as well.

It's Stefanski regressing to the mean.

I just don't know how much farther he has to go to get to his mean.

All Pro
All Pro
Andrew Berry
Kev Stefanski

That’s all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought we would have something to look forward to with Watson returning in a couple of weeks but no.

You can't win many games getting gashed up the middle for 10 to 20 yard gains on a consistent basis.

With a depeleted amount of draft picks, and salary cap space in the coming years. There is nothing to look forward to at all, unless you enjoy being miserable.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Bottom line this isn’t the staff that’s going to take the next step. Until Haslam stops pretending he cares about winning and actually does, it won’t change. It’s time for the fans to stop supporting this team. That’s the language of change. Not a single person on this staff should be retained. They have all been tuned out. Time to trade Garrett and ward and maybe recoup some of these picks Berry gave away like Oprah. Get a football guy making the picks again

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Browns scored their obligatory TD on the opening drive and the offense fizzled until the game was out of reach.

- The Browns gave up 25 unanswered points between the 2nd and early 4th quarter.

- The defense played well early and eventually caved in as is par for the course.

- Special Teams continues to be hysterically bad. I'm certain Priefer will be back next year if Stefanski is back as well.

- At no point did I think the Browns even had remote chance of winning this game.

- The Browns come across as a rudderless ship just drifting away at sea.

- I see a collection of individuals, but not a team.

- DPJ never gets separation but catches everything thrown his way. A bright spot.

- Finally heard Clowney's name called.

- There are still seven more opportunities to slog through.

- The Browns is the Browns.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One of the biggest problems is the Browns do not have any DOGS on this team!! There are no leaders, NO guys that have some fight in them. Today, the D did not collapse but the offense left so many opportunities slide by its not funny!!. IF we had some players that put everything on the line, you would atleast see a team that plays hard. But they dont... and that is a reflection of the coach. THe glaring holes that were seen in the off season are biting us. But the lack of leadership and flat out playing with fire is on Stefanski.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
The Browns problem is they don't have any leadership throughout the organization.

T
Legend
Legend
T
can they go better than two and five? in the final zeven

Nick Harriz iz too zmall to be a ztarter in the league?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by DogNDC
One of the biggest problems is the Browns do not have any DOGS on this team!! There are no leaders, NO guys that have some fight in them. Today, the D did not collapse but the offense left so many opportunities slide by its not funny!!. IF we had some players that put everything on the line, you would atleast see a team that plays hard. But they dont... and that is a reflection of the coach. THe glaring holes that were seen in the off season are biting us. But the lack of leadership and flat out playing with fire is on Stefanski.
Was watching a video on YouTube last night. Hanford Dixon was on Bernie’s show and he said literally the exact same thing. This team is way too young to police themselves and the pathetic coaching isnt steering them either. No reason at all to watch or support this garbage any further.

Who let the Dawgs out???
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns fans still waiting to witness the "sustainable winning" that was touted.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Browns cannot overcome adversity or a blown lead. 2 consecutive dropped passes by TE for TDs, bad snap fumble then stupid consecutive stuffed QB sneaks and they pack it in. They truly are a team that plays with no passion.

The sad part is, nothing is being done. The DTs are lowest rated in the entire NFL yet they are seen as good enough starters by the organization. Another blown TD in a wide open Diggs who went unguarded and Safeties once again looking at each other with dumbfounded expressions on their faces.

Brisket has been playing very well. Way better than most thought. Issue is, you take Chubb away from him and his is just plain ordinary. He has been playing better than our record but he Defense and Special Teams have been downright pathetic.

A previous poster nailed it. We have a bunch of individuals and no Team. Lots of player and coach turnover next year. Too bad we will sturggle to win any more games and miss out on a Top 5 or Top 10 draft pick.

It's really sad we have wasted another year of Garrett, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku Teller, Bitonio and Conklin's careers.

T
Legend
Legend
T
When you punt the ball for net fifteen yardz, itz like a turnover on your own end of the field.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Their slogan was no bark all bite. They have neither. This defense is soft and is not accountable for their lackluster effort. Same thing we have been watching for decades.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
If we can just hire a new (good) DC and develop a strong D, this team will be on fire!!

No Craps Given
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Just listened to Stefanski's presser. The guy is completely clueless. His new phrase is "they're a good football team".

He also actually said "we have to finish football games". There was nothing to finish. You were getting demolished the entire game.

The Browns are so screwed if we move forward with him next year.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I'll add that there is a common theme with Baker and Stefanski. The Browns are always so bad that the fans fall in love with any guy that comes in and has a little bit of success, even if that success was a flash in the pan and they are unable to sustain it. We are getting the same type of excuses for a poor head coach that we got for a poor QB - it's everybody else's fault. Well, it's not. They are just bad at their job. There's no mystery here. There's no deeper explanation.

Remove the emotion. Trust your eyes. Expect more.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Just listened to Stefanski's presser. The guy is completely clueless. His new phrase is "they're a good football team".

He also actually said "we have to finish football games". There was nothing to finish. You were getting demolished the entire game.

Stefanski does not get how to LEAD MEN!!.. Sure, he knows how to draw up plays, keep the schedule of the week, watch film.. but he does not know how the MOTIVATE THE TEAM to perform above their own levels!!! DO you think anyone on that team is motivated past the 1st qtr?? You can see how the team folds when adversity hits. Stefanski does not know how to rally the team... The Browns fold and stay folded!!... They dont hit back! And that is on Stefanski.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by DogNDC

Stefanski does not get how to LEAD MEN!!.. Sure, he knows how to draw up plays, keep the schedule of the week, watch film.. but he does not know how the MOTIVATE THE TEAM to perform above their own levels!!! DO you think anyone on that team is motivated past the 1st qtr?? You can see how the team folds when adversity hits. Stefanski does not know how to rally the team... The Browns fold and stay folded!!... They dont hit back! And that is on Stefanski.

This is pretty obvious, but apparently the players are supposed to motivate themselves. Stefanski is just there, like you said, to make the schedule.

The players had yet another players only meeting this past week. They were probably laughing at their coaches. The announcers quoted Stefanski as saying that the players only meeting would get more accomplished than them listening to their coaches. I almost spit out my drink just typing that. Instead of seeing that for the symptom it is - that him and his staff aren't getting the job done - he's hoping they get some good work done.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What a mess.

1 member likes this: TTTDawg
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Milk Man
What a mess.

Is he throwing Woods under the bus here or some of his defensive teammates? Or, does it matter? Confusion,, complacency and finger pointing. Yikes.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
What a mess.

But the offense!!!!

What a joke.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Deshaun is a top 5 qb
With 8 all pros on offense we should go 6 wins no losses.
It is pretty clear when you ad in Deshaun's 116 qb rating
With a top 5 offense then we should beat everyone.
Stefanski is coach of the year
Delpit excellent draft pick
Newsome excellent draft pick
Emerson ready to line up 1on1 verses all wr
Not Browns are on a pace to surrender a pick that is better then Deshaun.
Ha ha Berry this is the team you wanted.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Wake me up when Stefanski can come up with a new cliche in his Presser.
I wonder what the Stefanski fan club is saying now

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Looks like we are back to the old Browns ways of not playing meaningful games in mid November and December. When does the 2023 Training Camp start?

Also, has Deion Jones done much of anything? I rarely hear his name called.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Myles makes it sound how soft Woods is when he says that there is no importance in practice

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'll add that there is a common theme with Baker and Stefanski. The Browns are always so bad that the fans fall in love with any guy that comes in and has a little bit of success, even if that success was a flash in the pan and they are unable to sustain it. We are getting the same type of excuses for a poor head coach that we got for a poor QB - it's everybody else's fault. Well, it's not. They are just bad at their job. There's no mystery here. There's no deeper explanation.

Remove the emotion. Trust your eyes. Expect more.
Kinda what I’ve been saying all year. Stop accepting mediocre just because you had horrible for so long. The goal should be to win consistent. It’s been proving if you have the right staff you see that immediately. My only fear is haslam only half-asses the house cleaning. It needs to be everyone, Berry, woods, stefanski and Priefer. I would also get rid of Depo too.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
They truly are a team that plays with no passion.

This right here. I'm watching the steelers, they've made one blunder after another this game, but they come right back out fired up and ready to play. Our D comes out after a mistake with that same dazed, aloof demeanor their coach has.....and everybody watching knows we're done.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd appreciate it if we kept this thread to griping. If we have any Xs and Os talk, I will start another thread to get back to griping.

Who made you King (or Queen in your case) of the board?

1 member likes this: EveDawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Who made you King (or Queen in your case) of the board?

I have this 'gut feeling' what you quoted was irony.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Myles makes it sound how soft Woods is when he says that there is no importance in practice

We consistently have the highest amount of players on the Injury report "resting" during the week. I bring it up every week. Here we sit 3-7.

1 member likes this: jfanent
A
Legend
Legend
A
Agreed.

Also, when I see "practice" video, it's guys going half speed. I don't know the rules, laws, whatever. But 'practice' seems like day care to me.

Legend
Legend
Brissett threw for 350 yards and 3 TDs (or whatever it was) and we lost handily. The problem isn’t the QB (sure, Watson will be a bit better) but our defense and special teams are atrocious

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Myles gist: We have not been eliminated from the postseason, we still have a path.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Brissett threw for 350 yards and 3 TDs (or whatever it was) and we lost handily. The problem isn’t the QB (sure, Watson will be a bit better) but our defense and special teams are atrocious

QB wasn't the problem before either. Some of us, who aren't football gurus, called this crap before the season started. I love my Browns, but this entire year has been a huge disappointment for me from them, starting with the trade.

And no, after seeing Baker play in Carolina, I don't think he's even close to DW's past play. But what will he play like now? Guess we'll know in two weeks. But I never thought Baker was the issue. The issue last year beyond Baker being injured was 1) Woods, 2) OBJ, 3) the team split after OBJ and I think SKI gave up on Baker. This is the only reason I think I would play an injured "franchise" QB the way we did. And I know some guys will come along spewing the DW is god and Baker never was a starter crap and they can say what they want but Baker wasn't 'THE' problem and never was.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/22 09:32 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
2 members like this: Tackman, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
They truly are a team that plays with no passion.

This right here. I'm watching the steelers, they've made one blunder after another this game, but they come right back out fired up and ready to play. Our D comes out after a mistake with that same dazed, aloof demeanor their coach has.....and everybody watching knows we're done.
Which is why this is a coaching problem as much as anything. Or in addition to other things if you prefer.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/20/22 09:42 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Bills 31 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard