Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Father and son indicted for attempted murder after allegedly chasing and shooting at Black FedEx driver in Mississippi

A father and son have been indicted by a grand jury for allegedly chasing and shooting at a FedEx driver in January after he dropped off a package in a Mississippi city. Brandon and Gregory Case, who are both White, were re-arrested Friday and indicted for attempted first-degree murder, conspiracy and shooting into the vehicle of D'Monterrio Gibson, who is Black. 

The charges were upgraded from conspiracy and aggravated assault.

Gibson, 24, was not injured. But the chase and gunfire have sparked social media complaints of racism in Brookhaven, about 55 miles south of the state capital, Jackson.

Gibson and his attorney, Carlos Moore, said they pushed prosecutors to secure an indictment for nearly 10 months.

"It was an extremely long process to get this far into the case," Gibson told WLBT-TV. "I feel like most of the time, I was treated like a suspect rather than a victim."

Moore compared the incident to the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man who was running empty-handed through a Georgia subdivision in 2020 when three White strangers chased him down and killed him with a shotgun.

Moore has called for a federal hate crime probe into the case. A Justice Department spokesperson confirmed to The Associated Press in February that the department received a request to look into the case and was reviewing the request to determine any next steps. The department did not provide an update Tuesday.

Gibson said he was wearing a FedEx uniform and was driving an unmarked van that FedEx had rented when he dropped off a package at a house in Brookhaven on Jan. 24. As he was leaving, he said he noticed a white pickup truck pulling away from another house on the same large lot.

The pickup driver then tried to cut him off as he pulled out of the driveway, he said. Gibson swerved around him and then encountered a second man who had a gun pointed at the van and was motioning for him to stop. Gibson said the man fired as he drove away, damaging the van and packages inside. He said the white pickup chased him to the interstate highway near Brookhaven before ending the pursuit.

Gibson said he was told by his superiors to run the same route the day after the chase, CBS affiliate WJTV reports.

"I did that for like a day or two until I started having real bad anxiety attacks, and I just couldn't do it anymore. I asked them for some time off, which I do have, but it's unpaid," said Gibson.

After FedEx allegedly halted his compensation, the company reinstated his pay, his attorney later told the station.

Attorneys for Brandon and Gregory Case did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The Cases were initially arrested in February and released after paying bonds on lesser charges. Lincoln County Sheriff Steve Rushing said bond was set at $500,000 for the upgraded charges, according to the Brookhaven Daily Leader.

Moore doesn't expect the case to go to trial until May 2023 at the earliest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brando...i5GowE0QiV70YlSiEbG3qLm1vJEVjQAtlgG0YsIA

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Father and son indicted for attempted murder after allegedly chasing and shooting at Black FedEx driver in Mississippi

Full stop.

We are now fully engaged in the 3rd decade of the 21st century... and yet, we're still forced to read headlines that mirror America's 1930's.

Here we are: living in a time when we have instant access to a global information network, cars that can drive/park themselves, landings on other moons/planets in our solar system...
-and yet, we still seem to find time to drag our knuckles into the future in ways like this.

I can't stop seeing what I'm seeing.
We B dumazfk.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
3 members like this: OldColdDawg, PitDAWG, GMdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The whole FedEx sending him out in an unmarked van seems strange. I wonder if he had upset a supervisor recently. Even if it wasn't a nefarious set up, having him go back to the same area seems like poor handling of the situation.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's common place during the holiday season. Often times drivers use unmarked FedX vehicles, Amazon vehicles, etc... during this time of the season.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Really? You'd think a corporation that big would at least spring for some magnets.

Fiercely Independent.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have no way to explain the corporate decision but I see this going on around my neighborhood all the time. Not the taking shots at him part however. I certainly agree with you about them sending the driver back to the same neighborhood after the incident occurred. That seems beyond foolish.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
The whole FedEx sending him out in an unmarked van seems strange. I wonder if he had upset a supervisor recently. Even if it wasn't a nefarious set up, having him go back to the same area seems like poor handling of the situation.

I can’t count the number of unmarked white vans coming in and out of the Amazon warehouse that I drive by everyday. But sending him back into harms way was nefarious.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, there are racists in every part of the world.....we beat up ourselves because we have Bill of Rights and strive to hold it as a standard. Most nations don't have that. You think France, Germany, Russia etc are less racist. Why is every world citizen trying to sneek into the USA if we are so BAD.

Go to black communities at night as a white and see if you feel safe. Black lives matter, right- unless you're black and someone has snitched on you- big uproars over cops and blacks, but what about black on black crime which is 900 percent more likely- check out Hey Jackass, Chicago...it's decades of sadness.

One guy shot at in Mississippi- sad, but really....so what? How many killed in Chicago, Baltimore, Washington, etc nightly.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have never been to Europe or the UK, but I hear they have much less blatant racism. Yes, I'm sure there is some degree of racism everywhere, but I think you are lying to yourself if you think the rest of the world is anywhere near as racist as America. This country was founded and built on or by racism.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I disagree. Reason? All countries used slaves, and many still do. It goes back to Biblical times as well. It doesn't make it right by any stretch, okay? But slavery was prevalent in most countries. hell, the slaves that were shipped here were captured by other tribes in Africa, who then sold them. It's a fact.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Dumbfounding, but is it all that shocking?

From the beginning mankind has hated on each other for all sorts of stupid reasons. I think it somewhat naive to think we will somehow put all of that to bed.

I prefer to think of the gains made and realize it might be about as good as it is going to get, at least in this century, or eon. If we eliminate one form of hate and discrimination, another is bound to surface. At best we will just trade one for another.

Just human nature.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Am I shocked? No, I've grown to expect it. But we're talking about basically being hunted down and shot or shot at due to preconceived notions in someone's head. It's great to think of the gains made but don't you think we should also be thinking about the gains we still need to make if we ever desire to get past this?

I mean look at the excuses made here. Talk about slavery. This has nothing to do with slavery. Black on black crime? What does this have to do with black on black crime? As one can easily see there are far more excuses for such behavior than solutions or condemnations of such behavior. That in itself speaks volumes and is a prime example of why people such as myself sees this as an issue we may never get past.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Correct....OCD, don't know how much you've traveled- but racism is VERY prevalent in most of the world, as arch stated. Japanese HUGELY racist- they're still into purity of Japanese blood. Koreans, how about Chinese and their treatment of any/all ethnic groups- ask Napal if Chinese are racist. And history wise- English....ever hear of "White Man's Burden", their experience in Africa...whole world. Just a few examples of the wonderful world.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So what does that have to do with what's happening in our country now? What does that have to do with white men running down a delivery driver and shooting at him. What does that have to do with white men running down and gunning down Ahmaud Arbery? Nothing, that's what.

#gmstrong
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I have never been to Europe or the UK, but I hear they have much less blatant racism. Yes, I'm sure there is some degree of racism everywhere, but I think you are lying to yourself if you think the rest of the world is anywhere near as racist as America. This country was founded and built on or by racism.

A lot of sources would disagree with you, but I agree with you. The US seems to me to be the most racist country in the world.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, it's the bell curve and human nature- dumb/lower 1/3 plus black crime = so guys keeping their homes safe. It be dumb, but welcome to humanity. AND when you say black crime has nothing to do about it, REALLY. Truth check, as a white man, walking at ten PM thru black community in ANY major city- do you feel safe- I didn't. Same feelings for black walking in white neighbor- probably. Folks feel safer around their own kind.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, it's the bell curve and human nature- dumb/lower 1/3 plus black crime = so guys keeping their homes safe. It be dumb, but welcome to humanity. AND when you say black crime has nothing to do about it, REALLY. Truth check, as a white man, walking at ten PM thru black community in ANY major city- do you feel safe- I didn't. Same feelings for black walking in white neighbor- probably. Folks feel safer around their own kind.

That’s segregation. No wonder we’re where we’re at in this country on race relations.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
so guys keeping their homes safe.

A delivery driver isn't threatening your home. That's the only comment in your entire post that has anything to do with this incident.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
A black man/ or men driving in your neighborhood- "strangers stop, break into homes to steal TVs, money, jewelry"- and they carry guns, knives, etc with them to facilitate their plan/s." Porch bandit- a suppose they all just walk up, steal and walk down the road- just saying SOME folks could easily see a black stranger in their "hood" as dangerous. WHY? Percentage of blacks in population and percentage in jail- huge difference- check the numbers.

Legend
Legend
This thread could good spicey real quick.

here, i'll start: As someone who identifies as mixed race and a Black american, Kanye West has to be the biggest embarrassment to my people since...R. Kelly which wasn't too long ago.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Swish
This thread could good spicey real quick.

here, i'll start: As someone who identifies as mixed race and a Black american, Kanye West has to be the biggest embarrassment to my people since...R. Kelly which wasn't too long ago.

Time for another racial draft?

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

1 member likes this: Swish
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
A black man/ or men driving in your neighborhood- "strangers stop, break into homes to steal TVs, money, jewelry"- and they carry guns, knives, etc with them to facilitate their plan/s." Porch bandit- a suppose they all just walk up, steal and walk down the road- just saying SOME folks could easily see a black stranger in their "hood" as dangerous. WHY? Percentage of blacks in population and percentage in jail- huge difference- check the numbers.

Check this number. None of those things happened. There was no crime committed. So are you trying to say that any black man that is seen in a white neighborhood gives white men the right to chase them down and fire guns at them because they "think" he may be doing something wrong? Is this seriously the path you wish to walk down?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know. I think some assumptions are being made. Are we even sure his getting shot at was because he was black? Maybe he just parked too close to their meth lab/stash house.

Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I
was just watching my beloved Fox News and saw a Black guy pull a full sized baseball out from under his coat. then he took a full swing to the back of a White guy s head just walking by minding his own business

I'm sure Pit and OCD will be starting a thread on this kind of stuff soon.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So what does that have to do with what's happening in our country now? What does that have to do with white men running down a delivery driver and shooting at him. What does that have to do with white men running down and gunning down Ahmaud Arbery? Nothing, that's what.

And what does this have anything to do with it being open season? It isn't shoot a Negro month. It's a couple of idiots who shot some black guy for some stupid reason.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty
I
was just watching my beloved Fox News and saw a Black guy pull a full sized baseball out from under his coat. then he took a full swing to the back of a White guy s head just walking by minding his own business

Just keep my name out of your mouth, and there will be no issues. I couldn't care less about your drivel.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's what we have you for.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Are we even sure his getting shot at was because he was black? Maybe he just parked too close to their meth lab/stash house.

rofl yeah that’s it. rofl Speculate much?

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty
I

Just keep my name out of your mouth, and there will be no issues. I couldn't care less about your drivel.

That makes no senses. It sounds like you care.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're obviously reading it wrong. I mean, look who you are talking to. Sure, I care about GOPer Duty's ish... rolleyes.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

And what does this have anything to do with it being open season? It isn't shoot a Negro month. It's a couple of idiots who shot some black guy for some stupid reason.

So you didn't like the thread title I take it? But thanks for the time travel. I haven't heard anyone call a black man a Negro in decades now. Thanks for taking me back to my childhood. You know, a kinder gentler time according to many.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Alito is a Jesus Freak. I don't care for her, but Joy Reid gets it right here:

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/05/22 05:52 PM.

Legend
Legend
Holy credibility! Of course no right wing outrage. Too busy on Hunter’s laptop.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
That is funny as hell. As a white guy I don’t feel safe necessarily where I live and that is rural NE Ohio.

Read Civil War By Other Means by Jeremi Suri to get a bit of glimpse as to how the South won the peace.

If I had been president I would have destroyed the South entirely. Every member of the CSA army and government would have been executed for treason. But no, and so they were able to impose quasi-slavery while also crapping on poor whites.

The country was founded on slavery. That other countries had slavery or that African tribes sold their enemies is irrelevant. The Trans-Atlantic slave trade existed as regards this country because disgusting sub-humans thought they should be allowed to own other humans. And let us not forget the destruction of indigenous people. The country is soaked in blood.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
A
Legend
Legend
A
The country was founded on slavery. That other countries had slavery or that African tribes sold their enemies is irrelevant. The Trans-Atlantic slave trade existed as regards this country because disgusting sub-humans thought they should be allowed to own other humans. And let us not forget the destruction of indigenous people. The country is soaked in blood.[/quote]

All I need to know about you.

Yes, the slave trade was terrible. But for you to imply it was only America is pathetic.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
The country was founded on slavery. That other countries had slavery or that African tribes sold their enemies is irrelevant. The Trans-Atlantic slave trade existed as regards this country because disgusting sub-humans thought they should be allowed to own other humans. And let us not forget the destruction of indigenous people. The country is soaked in blood.

All I need to know about you.

Yes, the slave trade was terrible. But for you to imply it was only America is pathetic.[/quote]
Didn’t imply that. Take a reading comprehension course. I said what other countries did was irrelevant to the virus of slavery in this country.

This tells me all I need to know about you.

Last edited by Bird; 12/05/22 09:41 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

You DID imply what I said you implied. What other countries did is irrelevant? Wow. I make no excuses for this country, or others, but to ignore history is just dumb on your part.

A
Legend
Legend
A
It would be akin to this: The u.s. pollutes too much, so we must curb our pollution. Great in theory, but when you have a hundred other countries that don't give a crap, and pollute like crazy, is punishing ourselves productive, or just a money thing?

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Bird
If I had been president I would have destroyed the South entirely. Every member of the CSA army and government would have been executed for treason. But no, and so they were able to impose quasi-slavery while also crapping on poor whites.

saywhat

That solution sounds worse than slavery.
That's more like the Final Solution.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Since Elon took over Twitter hate speech against black people is up 200% and others are way up too.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Here We Go again... Open Season?

Link Copied to Clipboard