Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
I heard the ad was about giving actual females back their athletic careers.

"Attacking the LGBTQ community"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, you're 100% correct. Once again it's far more of a false narrative than an actuality. The timing may have been poor but it's not what the media is presenting it as.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
At least 5 killed in shooting at LGBTQ club in Colorado

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-springs-club-q-mass-shooting/index.html

Same story, different day.

Classless.

Clowns and sheep.

Tackles are tackles.
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Such a horrible horrible attack. rolleyes

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
That's true. The only option at that point would be to cancel the ad campaign. Ads are produced well in advance and space is booked well in advance as well. I'm sure Walker has millions in ads booked over the next couple weeks. Nobody in that campaign was going to dig through the ad schedule and pull that. And if they did, they weren't going to convert anybody that was outraged anyway.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And in this case there's really nothing close to what they claim the ad does to be outraged about. I support the LGBTQ community but come on man. Some of these people competing in women's sports have a huge physical advantage. That's just the truth. I guess they gave up on fighting for the rights of women and exchanged that for supporting the LGBTQ community. Because if you support some of these people playing sports with women you certainly aren't supporting equality for women. There's nothing equal about any of that.

And in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

I doubt it bro. I don't see how anyone can argue that point.

E
Legend
Legend
E
There are BY FAR more Warnok ads than Walker ads on tv here. Like 50 to 1. Walker isnt doing much to help himself. I was walking my dog a little while ago and there was a lady going door to door handng out flyers for early voting and to vote for Warnock. GOP doing nothing to help themselves. Typical.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
At least 5 killed in shooting at LGBTQ club in Colorado

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-springs-club-q-mass-shooting/index.html

Same story, different day.

Classless.

Clowns and sheep.

Who?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Who?

I'm curious.

Did you go look at the "attack" ad before posting the tweet attacking the "attack" ad or did you just believe it and post the tweet?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Just posted that tweet. I don't care that it's "mild" it's still an attack on the trans community. And I agree the sports thing needs to be sorted, but the day after the LGBTQ mass shooting was classless. These people have a right to exist, GOPers don't want them to have that.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/22/22 07:55 PM.

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Just posted that tweet. I don't care that it's "mild" it's still an attack on the trans community. And I agree the sports thing needs to be sorted, but the day after the LGBTQ mass shooting was classless.

That was not an attack. Not even close.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Yeah, let’s just keep the conversation leaning toward something stupid a media outlet does or a thoughtless politician says. That’s how we never get to the real reasons behind these massacres, that’s how we forget about the absolute hate the people in this country have for one another.

I gave up trying to have these conversations on the board a while ago. There were times when we could get beyond politics with a slight majority and ignore the extremes. I don’t see that much here right now.

The promotion and peddling of hatred of other human beings is a sick strategy from our leaders and their followers. And everyone ignores it and follows the distractions like dogs chasing squirrels.

1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
O
Legend
Legend
O
It was anti-LGBTQ messaging, period. That's an attack. Get a brain.

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
It was anti-LGBTQ messaging, period. That's an attack. Get a brain.

No it was a pro woman ad.

You should check between your own ears. (See, we've solved it all now with insults. All better?)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't meant as an insult, just a helpful suggestion so you can understand like a thinking person. Read it again slowly, GET-A-BRAIN.

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by JulesDawg
Yeah, let’s just keep the conversation leaning toward something stupid a media outlet does or a thoughtless politician says. That’s how we never get to the real reasons behind these massacres, that’s how we forget about the absolute hate the people in this country have for one another.

I gave up trying to have these conversations on the board a while ago. There were times when we could get beyond politics with a slight majority and ignore the extremes. I don’t see that much here right now.

The promotion and peddling of hatred of other human beings is a sick strategy from our leaders and their followers. And everyone ignores it and follows the distractions like dogs chasing squirrels.

A huge part of the problem we have these days is the tribalism. If "my guy" says something it has to be true, no matter what and if the "other guy" says something it has to be false no matter what. Couple that with headline readers and you get things like this tweet that is not an attack but the seed was planted.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Another one overnight at a Walmart in Chesapeake Virginia. 7 dead including the shooter. Shooters was self inflicted. Shooter was a Walmart employee.

The shooter was a manager at the stote.

Last edited by northlima dawg; 11/23/22 10:22 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't care that it's "mild" it's still an attack on the trans community.

I see the ad as standing up for the equality of women. If you support superior athletes competing against women because they "identify as a woman" then you are saying that the trans community is more valuable than equality for women. Plain and simple. I think you need to stop accusing everyone else of having handlers when it seems at least in this instance somebody has you trained to react without looking at the substance.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

I see the ad as standing up for the equality of women. If you support superior athletes competing against women because they "identify as a woman" then you are saying that the trans community is more valuable than equality for women. Plain and simple. I think you need to stop accusing everyone else of having handlers when it seems at least in this instance somebody has you trained to react without looking at the substance.

You aren't supposed to post things I agree with.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm going to post them and you're going to like it!

naughtydevil

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by FrankZ

I'm agreeing with it too.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Walmart manager opens fire in break room, killing 6

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — A Walmart manager opened fire on fellow employees in the break room of a Virginia store, killing six people in the country’s second high-profile mass shooting in four days, police and witnesses said Wednesday.

The gunman, who apparently shot himself, was dead when officers found him, police said. There was no clear motive for the shooting, which also left at least six people wounded, including one critically.

The store in Chesapeake, Virginia’s second-largest city, was busy just before the attack Tuesday night as people stocked up ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, a shopper told a local TV station.

Employee Briana Tyler said the overnight stocking team of 15 to 20 people had just gathered in the break room to go over the morning plan. She said the meeting was about to start, and a team leader said: “All right guys, we have a light night ahead of us,” when another team leader, who was identified by Walmart as Andre Bing, turned around and opened fire on the staff.

“It is by the grace of God that a bullet missed me,” Tyler said. “I saw the smoke leaving the gun, and I literally watched bodies drop. It was crazy.”

Officials said on the city’s Twitter account that three of the dead, including the gunman, were found in the break room. One of the slain victims was found near the front of the store. Three others were taken to hospitals where they died of their wounds.

Walmart said in a statement that Bing was an overnight team leader and had been with the company since 2010.

At first, Tyler didn’t think the shooting was real. “It was all happening so fast. I thought it was like a test type of thing. Like, if you do have an active shooter, this is how you respond.”

Tyler, who worked with Bing just the night before, said he did not aim at anyone specific.

“He was just shooting all throughout the room. It didn’t matter who he hit. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t look at anybody in any specific type of way.”

Tyler, who started at Walmart two months ago, said she never had a negative encounter with Bing, but others told her that he was “the manager to look out for.” She said Bing had a history of writing people up for no reason.

“He just liked to pick, honestly. I think he just looked for little things to go about, because he had the authority. That’s just the type of person that he was. That’s what a lot of people said about him,” she said.

A neighbor, Alicia McDuffie, said police “swarmed the whole street” in the middle of the night and forced their way into Bing’s house. Her mother, Vera McDuffie, saw officers approach Bing’s front door with a battering ram.

Chesapeake Police Chief Mark G. Solesky said Bing used a pistol. He could not confirm whether the victims were all employees.

Employee Jessie Wilczewski told Norfolk television station WAVY that she hid under the table, and Bing looked and pointed his gun at her. He told her to go home, and she left.

“It didn’t even look real until you could feel the ... ‘pow-pow-pow,’ you can feel it,” Wilczewski said. “I couldn’t hear it at first because I guess it was so loud, I could feel it.”

The attack was the second time in a little more than a week that Virginia has experienced a major shooting. Three University of Virginia football players were fatally shot on a charter bus as they returned to campus from a field trip on Nov. 13. Two other students were wounded.

The assault at the Walmart came three days after a person opened fire at a gay nightclub in Colorado, killing five people and wounding 17. Last spring, the country was shaken by the deaths of 21 when a gunman stormed an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.

Tuesday night’s shooting also brought back memories of another at a Walmart in 2019, when a gunmanwhotargeted Mexicans opened fire at a store in El Paso, Texas, and killed 22 people.

A database run by The Associated Press, USA Today and Northeastern University that tracks every mass killing in America going back to 2006 shows the number of mass killings this year has been about average, despite recent shootings that have captured public attention.

The U.S. has now had 40 mass killings so far in 2022, compared with 45 for all of 2019. The database defines a mass killing as at least four people killed, not including the killer.

According to the database, more than a quarter of the mass killings have occurred since Oct. 21, spanning eight states and claiming 51 lives. Nine of those 11 incidents were shootings.

Notably, the database does not include the recent shooting at the University of Virginia because that attack did not meet the threshold of four dead, not including the shooter.

Chesapeake Mayor Rick W. West expressed gratitude for first responders’ quick actions and said he was “devastated by the senseless act of violence.”

“Chesapeake is a tight-knit community, and we are all shaken by this news,” West said in a statement on Twitter.

President Joe Biden tweeted that he and the first lady were grieving for the victims’ families. “We mourn for those who will have empty seats at their Thanksgiving table because of these tragic events – we must take greater action.”

A 911 call about the shooting came in just after 10 p.m. Solesky did not know how many shoppers were inside, whether the gunman was working or whether a security guard was present.

One man was seen wailing at a hospital after learning that his brother was dead, and others shrieked as they left a conference center set up as a family reunification center, The Virginian-Pilot reported.

Walmart said in a statement that it was working with law enforcement and “focused on doing everything we can to support our associates and their families.”

In the aftermath of the El Paso shooting, the company made a decision in September 2019 to discontinue sales of certain kinds of ammunition and asked that customers no longer openly carry firearms in its stores.

It stopped selling handgun ammunition as well as short-barrel rifle ammunition, such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber used in military style weapons. Walmart also discontinued handgun sales in Alaska.

The company stopped selling handguns in the mid-1990s in every state but Alaska. The latest move marked its complete exit from that business and allowed it to focus on hunting rifles and related ammunition only.

Many of its stores are in rural areas where hunters depend on Walmart to get their equipment.

Tyler’s grandfather, Richard Tate, said he dropped his granddaughter off for her 10 p.m. shift, then parked the car and went in to buy some dish soap.

When he first heard the shots, he thought it could be balloons popping. But he soon saw other customers and employees fleeing, and he ran too.

Tate reached his car and called his granddaughter.

“I could tell that she was upset,” he said. “But I could also tell that she was alive.”

https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/11...1XrmyLLpNm4Tdc_Geg65ZihTwwm3LzFFzxiMeam4

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

M
Legend
Legend
M
J/c

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Interesting read. Seems accurate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Just posted that tweet. I don't care that it's "mild" it's still an attack on the trans community. And I agree the sports thing needs to be sorted, but the day after the LGBTQ mass shooting was classless. These people have a right to exist, GOPers don't want them to have that.

I agree that the timing was poor... but I support his ad 100%..... I'm a GOPer who supports the LGTB in general.... I don't care what two adults do... I support gay marriage... I don't really care about transgender adults.... I disagree with a transsexual female being able to compete in an athletic event against biological females... I also disagree with the drag show story times with kids and some of the trans education that has happened at some schools... I think the shooter in Colorado should be prosecuted to the fullest possible...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

I agree with Pit as well...

<><

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
And in a new twist out of NY. NY is trying to push 18 hours of mandatory training for someone to get a carry license. They are also decertifying trainers so there is no one to do the training. At least they aren't trying to use mandatory training as a barrier to the exercise of a right and it's just "common sense". Even a heavily biased idiot could see the end game on that one.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They are setting up barriers. That's exactly what the SCOTUS was talking about. Each state has different standards. Some use it as a barrier and some are common sense. Anyone can use an extreme example and try to paint this issue with a broad brush.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
They are setting up barriers. That's exactly what the SCOTUS was talking about. Each state has different standards. Some use it as a barrier and some are common sense. Anyone can use an extreme example and try to paint this issue with a broad brush.

No no, don't back track now. You believe in "common sense" restrictions on a right. Don't act like you think this isn't ideal. it doesn't affect you anyway (you made that point before) since you are not in NY.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why do you continue to lie? I said that "basic CCW training" is common sense. I also made it clear that I didn't support anything beyond that and now you just make up lies. Are you related to trump?

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Why do you continue to lie? I said that "basic CCW training" is common sense. I also made it clear that I didn't support anything beyond that and now you just make up lies. Are you related to trump?

I don't lie.

You said you didn't care about other states because you don't live there.

You never answered about your own training. Did you take the TN course or do you carry because TN has permitless carry?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Permitless carry in Tennessee did not become law until 2021. So yes of course I took the training course when I moved here. And no, you're lying again. If I said I didn't care about other states show where I said that. Let me guess, you can't and now you'll just make up excuses why you can't. You just make crap up or have a very flawed sense of imagination. No actually you just make BS up to fight.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Permitless carry in Tennessee did not become law until 2021. So yes of course I took the training course when I moved here. And no, you're lying again. If I said I didn't care about other states show where I said that. Let me guess, you can't and now you'll just make up excuses why you can't. You just make crap up or have a very flawed sense of imagination. No actually you just make BS up to fight.

At least you finally admit to having taken the training.

You stated previously that other states were not your concern. You said, own it. I am not using the horrible search here to find it. It would not matter as you would ignore it and spin it.

There is an unambiguous command in the second amendment. Your mental gymnastics and feelz don't change that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
As I predicted, you have no proof only repeating the same lie. You claim the 2nd amendment should prevent any form of gun training, but it hasn't. It appears many don't see it as an infringement the way you do. Things you claim are open and shut aren't open and shut.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C

Carry laws that prohibit are stupid.

They obviously don't work and aren't intended to reduce crime. They are intended to disarm the American public.

We can only speculate on why the state wants that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Actually, we welcome you both back to reality. Even if it’s temporary.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

I agree as well. Although that has never been the GOP agenda standing up for women’s equalities. The GOP agenda is to take away constitutional freedoms and rights from women, and the lgbt community. To raise taxes on the middle class and reduce taxes for the rich. The add is an emotional fake cry out for votes, and was in poor taste and poor timing. Another GOPer fail. Lol. They make it so easy.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
J/C

Carry laws that prohibit are stupid.

They obviously don't work and aren't intended to reduce crime. They are intended to disarm the American public.

We can only speculate on why the state wants that.

Lol ….as you are speculating carry laws don’t work.

Nothing works right? So do nothing? Right? Nothing is everything to GOPers. Keeps the status quo right? Mass shootings makes money, sells more guns right?

– Jackie Robinson
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Mass shootings- gun rights, 2nd Amendment. I want to mention something that bothers me.....mass shootings for sure, we are the world leader, sad- easy gun access and nuts....equal mass shootings. Here is what bothers me. Live in Fla, like lots of US states, easy carry conceal laws- we had a guy locally who decided he didn't like a black family parking in handicap spot- black guy with child in Seven 11 getting an ice cream- white guy gives wife and kids in car the business for park in handicap- black male come out, not happy with white guy talking stuff to his woman/wife....pushes/ and knocks white guy down...you got it, white guy on ground pulls out his Glock and shoots black man for shoving him/ and parking in handicap spot.....goes to court....pleads self defense and GETS OFF. Because he thought his life was in danger. Bottomline, US gun culture- stand your ground.....very sad, VERY WRONG, everyone- including me things they know best= but a black family or any family loses a father over a shove and a handicap parking spot.....THAT STINKS. And it bothers me a bunch. World ain't fair. Sure wish folks could let small stuff slide, cuss you NEVER know what could cost you your life.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard