Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If you look at any team, any team in the nfl, and go down their record, top to bottom, and the pointz that team scored each game
team pointz, in a win or loss or tie doesn't matter, but if you add up the number of timez
their team pointz reached twenty five pointz,
I can't remember if it iz 23, or 24, or twenty five, team pointz or greater in a given week,

the number of timez they did, will about e@ual their record in winz.

so the Brownz need to get a team that can score 2five pointz every week.

What iz up with the Brownz scary offense this year, in fact the pazt 4 yearz.

What is up with your posts and the Zs?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If you look at any team, any team in the nfl, and go down their record, top to bottom, and the pointz that team scored each game
team pointz, in a win or loss or tie doesn't matter, but if you add up the number of timez
their team pointz reached twenty five pointz,
I can't remember if it iz 23, or 24, or twenty five, team pointz or greater in a given week,

the number of timez they did, will about e@ual their record in winz.

so the Brownz need to get a team that can score 2five pointz every week.

What iz up with the Brownz scary offense this year, in fact the pazt 4 yearz.

What is up with your posts and the Zs?

Maybe it has something to do with paper

Ya know the EZ Wider

lol

3 members like this: DaveyD, bbrowns32, Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by lampdogg
How about Jacoby with a beat-down block on the Schwartz TD?
And kudos to Schwartz for the TD run and the catch -and-run later in the game. He earned some props today, for as much as we’ve bashed him.

Schwartz had a TD ?

That's great !

I'm going to have to watch the game

just got home from a 12 1/2 hour work day

I missed a lot

Legend
Legend
A few things:

- Njoku continues to impress. He helped in a big way

- Emerson continues to impress. He all but locked down Evans

- Jacoby is a true pro. Someone we should all admire

- Still worried about our kicking situation

- Ford is night and day our best KR

- Defense played their best game since Cincy

- Our OL was up against it today … TB has a really tough front. David and Vea are unreal

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If we blame individuals for losses, then we have to praise them for victories. Kudos to Coach Stefanski, Coach Woods, and Myles for this awesome W.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 11/27/22 09:29 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: SuperBrown, tastybrownies, EveDawg
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
That post-game speech was so inspiring.

Geez, I think the team would respond to that and paint drying the same way.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
R
Legend
Legend
R
It reminds of them singing happy birthday to lumberg in office space.

Legend
Legend
Love Jim Donovan

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
Legend
Legend
And now we have people comparing him to Kelce.

Where was that ever said?
I re-ran this thread for an entire page, and never saw anything of the sort.

Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Njoku is the real deal.

Real deals don't make routine drops.

Kelce has had some routine drops over the last couple of years. Is he not the real deal?

Man, please... just stop.
No one said 85 was Travis Kelcey.
The point was this: even the best have drops on routine plays.

You're smarter than this- and so are we.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
And now we have people comparing him to Kelce.

Where was that ever said?
I re-ran this thread for an entire page, and never saw anything of the sort.

Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Njoku is the real deal.

Real deals don't make routine drops.

Kelce has had some routine drops over the last couple of years. Is he not the real deal?

Man, please... just stop.
No one said 85 was Travis Kelcey.
The point was this: even the best have drops on routine plays.

You're smarter than this- and so are we.

Agree it's hard to read his posts

so much hate

why would you even stay a fan

R
Legend
Legend
R
Serious quesrion (I had a really nasty, sparky response typed up that I deleted), how is that not comparing him to Kelce?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Serious quesrion (I had a really nasty, sparky response typed up that I deleted), how is that not comparing him to Kelce?
Saying that even the best make mistakes ≠ comparing someone to the best. It means everyone makes mistakes and a player of Njoku's talent shouldn't be expected to perform perfectly if even the best can't do it.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
How about Jacoby with a beat-down block on the Schwartz TD?
And kudos to Schwartz for the TD run and the catch -and-run later in the game. He earned some props today, for as much as we’ve bashed him.

Schwartz had a TD ?

That's great !

I'm going to have to watch the game

just got home from a 12 1/2 hour work day

I missed a lot

Enjoy the game, Deisle....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Enjoy watching that win!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
That post-game speech was so inspiring.

Geez, I think the team would respond to that and paint drying the same way.

😆 That’s exactly what I thought! A Mike Ditka he is not!

L
Legend
Legend
L

I laughed. Get nasty, rishuz!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
It's just how some fans are.
I can't explain it.

Many, many years ago, I was invited to join a string quartet. The Bernie years. The violist was about 5 years older than me. We're all getting to know each other after a long rehearsal (coupla beers, casual talk). Browns come up in conversation, because Pat (our #1 violin) and I were friends from school, and she & I were CLE fans at BG during the Brian Sipe years.

Noah hated/didn't care about football, but his dad was a Browns Lifer. Here's what he said:
"My Sundays were dominated by my dad swearing at the screen. He was yelling at people with orange football helmets. I don't understand why he is this way..."

That line was so funny, I've remembered it to this day.

Fans come in all forms. I don't always understand each version. I'm just glad that I'm one of those versions who can enjoy a thrilling overtime win against Tom Brady- The Comeback King/GOAT- in a home game CLE traditionally loses. Browns fans got themselves a game worthy of giving thanks today.

R
Legend
Legend
R
It was seriously the Lumberg birthday scene from Office Space.

But you're not allowed to be negative on here. Apparently at 4-7, everything is back on track and Njoku is a great player. Not being as impressed wirh someone who has never had more than 650 yds and 4 tds in SIX seasons and still drops routine throws has brought out my fanclub.

But here, I'll give my positives to make the masses happy ...

---Defense played really well. I want to say that Emerson might be the best corner on the team but I think they were avoiding Ward.

--I like Emersons mentality. Seems like a dog and we need as many of those as possible.

--All I want to see is our best players make.plays when it matters most. That's what I want to see from Garrett, not the token sack on 2nd and 8 with ten minutes left in the 2nd quarter. He delivered on that today. The last sack was what great players do. It affects wins and losses. It helped the Browns win the game.

--Jacoby was really good all game long today.

--They tried to sell out to stop the run, but Chubb still got his. I want him to win the rushing title.

--The Njoku catch was spectacular.

--Feels good to win. Doesn't feel good to be 4-7.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I laughed. Get nasty, rishuz!

Nah, I would never do that.

Legend
Legend
Offense was frustrating for most of the game. Its almost like Stef just calls plays based on situations, but doesn't ever seem to take into account the defenses weaknesses. Makes sense why it never seems like we 'adjust' to what defenses are doing. Winfield is out most of the 1st half, and never took advantage of it. Nassib is playing dline, and we aren't running toward him? The day Stef can add that component to his play calling, I think we can be a problem for a lot of teams.

Defense played well.. still frustrating to see no pressure from DTs, but overall the defense did a sound job.

Special Teams.. York gotta step it up. And I like DPJ at punt return and Ford at kick return. Works well.

Last edited by HotBYoungTurk; 11/27/22 11:34 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Emerson is certainly a great surprise this year

Legend
Legend
It's just how some fans are.
I can't explain it.

Many, many years ago, I was invited to join a string quartet. The Bernie years. The violist was about 10 years older than me. We're all getting to know each other after a rehearsal (couple beers, casual talk). Browns came up. He hated/didn't care about football, but his dad was a Browns fan. Here's what he said:

"Our Sundays were dominated by My Dad swearing at the screen. He was yelling at people with orange football helmets."

Deez: fans come in all forms. I don't always understand each version. I'm just glad that I'm one of those versions who can enjoy an overtime win against Tom Brady- The Comeback King- in a game CLE traditionally loses.

Legend
Legend
This game followed the pattern of so many before it...

First 20 minutes: We look good, if we can get some stops we have a chance.
Middle 2.5 hours: WTF? Fire and cut everybody
Final 10 minutes: Maybe we can pull it out.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Emerson is certainly a great surprise this year
Was his last pass interference bs? I thought it was

Joe Thomas #73
2 members like this: PastorMarc, WSU Willie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns never make clutch plays, Njoku made a great one that shouldn't be downplayed.

2 members like this: myka, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Post-game thoughts, 1st and 10:

1. Emerson deserves to own Joe Hayden's #23. Played one helluva game today. Young Man is establishing his name on this roster.
2. CLE always wins when #24 has 20+ carries. His 20th carry in this game is evidence. Game changer. *see my sig, yo-*
3. #95 changed this game with 2 clutch sacks, at the exact right time. He produced precisely when he needed to.
4. Elec. power to my neighborhood crashed at the start of 3Q. Power to our house was restored at the start of Q4. I missed nothing. (Browns- WTF?)
5. #7 is everything CLE wanted/needed him to be. If we don't pick him up for at least another year, some smart team will snatch him up to potentially compete as starter.
6. This season's w/l record doesn't accurately describe what this team is. They are better than their record says they are.
7. #85 has steadily improved his game, and has earned his place on this team as a go-to asset/weapon. That catch in the endzone for the game's tying score was his 'coming out' party. He really can be that good, folks.
8. #2 is a steal of an offseason acquisition. DAL's loss is CLE's gain. Cooper is a major asset.
9. This team doesn't quit like previous Browns squads have. Today, that fighting spirit paid off in a game that other CLE teams would have phoned in after that last Tom Brady score.
10. Games/wins like this are what help to establish team culture. The culture of losing becomes established when teams routinely allow themselves to lose games like this. The culture of winning is established when teams routinely find ways to win games like this. This team found a way to win a game that they routinely used to lose. That's a potential culture-changer.

This bunch gutted out a must-win when they needed to. It was beautiful to see.

Looking forward to seeing what they might do in the weeks to come.
11 games into the season, and I still have hope.

3 members like this: Hammer, mgh888, ScottPlayersFacemask
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
A win feels great but......

4-7

Yeah, even if we win out we would need a lot of help.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I thought Emerson really got the better of Evans and that last DPI was pretty ticky tack

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
5. #7 is everything CLE wanted/needed him to be. If we don't pick him up for at least another year, some smart team will snatch

I agree, but in that comment lies the problem.

I think some teams(s) may look at Jacoby as a potential starter and will seek to pay him as such. I am not sure we will be able to keep him even though I think we would like to keep him. I also don't think Jacoby would want to stick here with zero chance at competing for the starting job.

At minimum Jacoby has earned the right to go somewhere to compete for the #1 position.

Jacoby signed here knowing the deal. He was given a chance to showcase his game. He passed the test and is now going to look to cash in, as he should.

We are probably going to stick with Dobbs and or Mond.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Basically agree with all your takes -- boiled down to it's essence, this game was what I was EXPECTING to see from this team all year with the one exception that Brissett has exceeded ALL expectations. AND in addition to exceeding the play on the field Brissett seems like an outstanding, classy, athlete you want your kids to look up to kind of guy. It's hard not to want him to land on his feet somewhere in the NFL and go on to earn a big fat paycheck and have more fun and lead another team like he has this team.

With that said - it begs the question, what the hell happened until this point. All year other than the Cinci game we have been out of sorts, played flat, been out coached, found ways to lose winnable games. I love the win. But it leaves me skeptical if the Tampa game is the real team or if we are going to see them come out and get punked in the next game or three? I guess we wait and see - but the same effort and togetherness we saw this game, of the entire team, has been absent for most of the season.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Post-game thoughts, 1st and 10:

1. Emerson deserves to own Joe Hayden's #23. Played one helluva game today. Young Man is establishing his name on this roster.
2. CLE always wins when #24 has 20+ carries. His 20th carry in this game is evidence. Game changer. *see my sig, yo-*
3. #95 changed this game with 2 clutch sacks, at the exact right time. He produced precisely when he needed to.
4. Elec. power to my neighborhood crashed at the start of 3Q. Power to our house was restored at the start of Q4. I missed nothing. (Browns- WTF?)
5. #7 is everything CLE wanted/needed him to be. If we don't pick him up for at least another year, some smart team will snatch him up to potentially compete as starter.
6. This season's w/l record doesn't accurately describe what this team is. They are better than their record says they are.
7. #85 has steadily improved his game, and has earned his place on this team as a go-to asset/weapon. That catch in the endzone for the game's tying score was his 'coming out' party. He really can be that good, folks.
8. #2 is a steal of an offseason acquisition. DAL's loss is CLE's gain. Cooper is a major asset.
9. This team doesn't quit like previous Browns squads have. Today, that fighting spirit paid off in a game that other CLE teams would have phoned in after that last Tom Brady score.
10. Games/wins like this are what help to establish team culture. The culture of losing becomes established when teams routinely allow themselves to lose games like this. The culture of winning is established when teams routinely find ways to win games like this. This team found a way to win a game that they routinely used to lose. That's a potential culture-changer.

This bunch gutted out a must-win when they needed to. It was beautiful to see.

Looking forward to seeing what they might do in the weeks to come.
11 games into the season, and I still have hope.

I guess for the negativity, homerism has to even the scales.. Was a good game yesterday against an AVERAGE team.. lets not pretend this is prime Brady on the Pats, this is a very mediocre team and coached by a very underperforming HC. I agree with a few things, the Chubb thing always infuriated me when we didn't get him atleast 20 touches. Garrett def. finally showed up big and made a game changing play.. that should be the norm if you want to be considered elite.. Garrett def. put his money where his mouth was. Brissett was decent, He's still a backup in the NFL. People are quick to forget all the game sealing Ints he's thrown this year. But JB is a decent backup and I think the league sees him as that. Maybe a bridge starter like Miami and CLE used him for. #6- You are always what your record says you are.. our record says we are a poorly coached team that struggles to play consisten for 4 quarters, the next 6 will also show us what kind of team we are. Njoku has been good this year for sure, and that last catch was the best one he's made. I think he will be elevated more as will the rest of the WR when watson gets going. I agree about Cooper, best WR we've had since the return. His route running is second to none. This team does quit, as evidenced by the 7 losses, and the constant players only meeting and the infighting and the calling people out in the media. This team still has a ton to prove as does the coaching staff.. A win against a average team with a 500 year old QB doesn't change that. What we do these next games will be what determines the culture. Hopefully this win motivates and invigorates the team and they start rolling, playing Houston next week helps. We should beat them pretty easily and start getting that winning feeling. And lets slow the role on the Emerson/Haden talk. Haden was very good.. Emerson has been quite bad at times this year. He has the physical tools. Compared to the rest of the secondary this year he looks good but they've just been that bad. If you actually go back and watch he was always a step behind Evans but Brady couldn't throw an accurate ball to save his life yesterday. But whatever helps Emerson self-motivate himself.. Sometimes it take something like this to give the kid some confidence.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
2 members like this: WSU Willie, Rishuz
M
Legend
Legend
M
Tampa might be an average team but the difference in the way the team played was stark. That's a big deal no matter what.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
With that said - it begs the question, what the hell happened until this point. All year other than the Cinci game we have been out of sorts, played flat, been out coached, found ways to lose winnable games. I love the win. But it leaves me skeptical if the Tampa game is the real team or if we are going to see them come out and get punked in the next game or three? I guess we wait and see - but the same effort and togetherness we saw this game, of the entire team, has been absent for most of the season.

Yesterday was not a culture defining game. Consistently finishing above .500 and making the playoffs will change the culture.

This team still has a ton to prove and only 6 games to do so. We won't know anything about this team until next year I'm afraid. But what I'm most afraid of is they catch a little lightning in a bottle down the stretch and retain Woods. I've already accepted the chance they get rid of Stefanski is low, but no matter what they need a new DC.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't believe Woods has any chance to be here next year. We'll see. 3rd year DC with players talking about not knowing assignments, playing like poop and finger pointing. No, I don't believe he stays no matter what happens here on in. jmo

Rookie
Rookie
I've only posted a couple times in the 8 or 10 years I've been on the board, and I've nearly given up on the boys the last couple of years, but I gotta give Jacoby his due.

https://theathletic.com/3942643/2022/11/27/lloyd-jacoby-brissett-browns/

1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Nice to see a win against a QB that should have retired at the end of last year.

Is it me or does DPJ have trouble getting separation?

Brissett’s throws seem to sail a lot. Reminds me of a pitcher who can’t get his breaking ball down.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Browns move to 2-0 when a wild animal is in the stands. Also, 1-0 on a vandalized field.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Buccaneers 17 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard