Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump used Twitter during the commission of a coup against the country, there's that too. And him being removed or banned from anywhere doesn't have a damn thing to do with free speech. There is NO online social media platform where all speech is allowed legally and protected no matter what, period. Trump still has every right to exercise his free speech, but the company Twitter does not have to allow his particular brand of free speech on their platform and I hope they don't. Trump will not use Twitter to do anything but further divides unless that's what you desire, smfh.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/22 10:32 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
lol so does this mean both twitter and truth social are now tanking at the same time?

Way to run your business, guys.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
52% For
48% Against

Close to 15MM voters. Never once voted for Trump or like his rhetoric but it's sad so many are against free speech on twitter yet was seemingly ok with heads of dictatorships of other countries speaking freely on that platform. Oh, the irony.

Would you like to know what's even sadder? Musk, the man who claimed he would uphold free speech, made the decision whether to allow what he calls free speech to be decided by a pole on a social media platform.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Well, the poll was how Elon punished a traitor for using his company's tech to organize and attempt a coup, Trump had to wait 24 hours. Now Trump is slow playing actually using it as his minions wait in silence for directions from "the chosen one".

And Twitter has changed in the last two weeks with GOPers flocking back in droves to now seemingly be the dominant voice on the platform. It's like Truth Social in there now. GOPerism is everywhere on Twitter today; stupid people, saying and doing stupid things.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/22 12:36 PM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
52% For
48% Against

Close to 15MM voters. Never once voted for Trump or like his rhetoric but it's sad so many are against free speech on twitter yet was seemingly ok with heads of dictatorships of other countries speaking freely on that platform. Oh, the irony.

Would you like to know what's even sadder? Musk, the man who claimed he would uphold free speech, made the decision whether to allow what he calls free speech to be decided by a pole on a social media platform.
What $8 a month can buy? Freedom of speech. Lol ….pony up trump and tweet to the world. So pathetic.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Does free speech end when your words cause physical harm to others? I mean isn't that why inciting a riot is a crime? Trump was right when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th ave in broad daylight and get away with it. It's easy to get away with when people are willing to look the other way while you fleece a country, destroy a democracy, and lie like hell in an attempt to stay in power. How he is not behind bars is mind-boggling to me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, free speech ends if you lose in a poll on Twitter.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
How we doing?

– Jackie Robinson
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Does free speech end when your words cause physical harm to others? I mean isn't that why inciting a riot is a crime? Trump was right when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th ave in broad daylight and get away with it. It's easy to get away with when people are willing to look the other way while you fleece a country, destroy a democracy, and lie like hell in an attempt to stay in power. How he is not behind bars is mind-boggling to me.

Free speech is free speech. But it does not absolve one of the consequences of their words.

Now tying those words to someone else's illegal actions is a little more complicated, something I'm sure one of the lawyers on the board could explain better than I.

I don't use twitter, the only twits I see are the ones posted here, so I could care less if he's on twitter or not. I have always held that any celebrity persona would do themselves a huge favor by staying off social media, or hiring a social media staff to handle it. We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.

When I was about 8 or 9, I blurted out something in a public setting. When we got in the car, My Mom pointed to my forehead and said, "there's a lot going on up in there. Then she pointed to my mouth and said, " not all of it needs to come out of there. "

Good lesson for those celebs you were mentioning...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.

When I was about 8 or 9, I blurted out something in a public setting. When we got in the car, My Mom pointed to my forehead and said, "there's a lot going on up in there. Then she pointed to my mouth and said, " not all of it needs to come out of there. "

Good lesson for those celebs you were mentioning...

Good lesson for everyone really. The rapid pace of our world has seem to remove many of the filters we used to have.

While it may be good to express ones opinions, one must consider who your expressing them to, and if they would have any positive affect.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Good lesson for everyone really. The rapid pace of our world has seem to remove many of the filters we used to have.

While it may be good to express ones opinions, one must consider who your expressing them to, and if they would have any positive affect.

This was all quite predictable. I explained this is the way it would end up on this very board when people were railing against "everything PC". I'm not for being terribly PC myself if anyone hasn't figured that out quite yet. lol But depending on the environment I have the capability to be. The thing is there's a world of difference between not being PC and just being a nasty human being. And as I said then it will only lead to people thinking that anything is acceptable. An excuse to name call, make up any kind of crazy crap one wants to. To people feeling no need to have a filter. All based on the false proposition that's what not being PC means.

And so it has.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Is Kanye still holding Elon’s beer?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure what Ye is doing. I do know he and trump had a pow wow at Mar-a-Lago. It's that birds of a feather thing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure what Ye is doing. I do know he and trump had a pow wow at Mar-a-Lago. It's that birds of a feather thing.

West brought a +1 to the dinner: Nick Fuentes. Now that word has gotten out, 'Team Dump' is in full-on damage control mode. As always.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elon is going to get himself Jeffrey Epstein'd.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
No, he's just going to learn a 50-billion-dollar lesson. Twitter will fail without the left, and the left has been leaving in droves. I go on there almost every day just to read about what's happening all over the world. But I have to admit, it feels to me like Twitter is just waiting for the death knell to toll. I have no plans to stop using Twitter, but I'm spending way less time there now. It is overrun with gloating Trumpians right now, and most of their posts sicken me. Regurgitated lies and conspiracies have been very abundant on Twitter since Elon took over. Most of that was gone.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/28/22 11:13 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
No, he's just going to learn a 50-billion-dollar lesson. Twitter will fail without the left, and the left has been leaving in droves. I go on there almost every day just to read about what's happening all over the world. But I have to admit, it feels to me like Twitter is just waiting for the death knell to toll. I have no plans to stop using Twitter, but I'm spending way less time there now. It is overrun with gloating Trumpians right now, and most of their posts sicken me. Regurgitated lies and conspiracies have been very abundant on Twitter since Elon took over. Most of that was gone.

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's only funny to those who think that spreading lies, hate and conspiracy theories should be a business model.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's only funny to those who think that spreading lies, hate and conspiracy theories should be a business model.

Twitter was doing that in droves before he bought it. You would know that if you were an active participant on it, which you, admittedly have said, are not. But still, you choose to simply regurgitate headlines and talking points that confirm your obvious, and tragically skewed, bias.

But please continue to comment on a topic you pretend to be an expert on, and see daily, for all of our enjoyment. It's quite comical, really.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Having a firm grasp of the obvious doesn't make anyone an expert. I guess all the right wing nuts complaining about Twitter infringing on their free speech were wrong too.

rofl

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Using 'right wing nuts' regarding the accusations of infringement on their free speech is proving my point. Thank you.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Twitter has stopped enforcing its COVID-19 misinformation policy in another change under Elon Musk's ownership

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-stopped-enforcing-covid-19-154329358.html

Have you even been paying attention?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Twitter has stopped enforcing its COVID-19 misinformation policy in another change under Elon Musk's ownership

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-stopped-enforcing-covid-19-154329358.html

Have you even been paying attention?

I have been paying attention and for you to presuppose people's infringement on free speech is confined to 'right wing nut jobs' shows me you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, this is the same "misinformation policy" that that removed any twitter account or an accounts post about Covid when over time, much was proved to be accurate or, at minimum correctly called into question how COVID was being handled. To suppose removing a 'policy' that suppressed mere opinion about Covid from ALL walks of life, is a right winged thing, is funny.

So, what else do you have? Anything better?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So now you are making claims without receipts. I guess you're one of those who still think people should be claiming it was created in a lab. Typical. God help us if free enterprise tries to help stop a pandemic that was killing hundreds of thousands of Americans. The shame of it all.

So you deny that it has been right wingers that have been whining about free speech on Twitter?

If you want better maybe you should actually bring something to the table other than your opinion.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
They guy saying all people complaining about free speech infringements on twitter as right winged nut jobs is whining about "making claims without receipts".

So you deny that it has been right wingers that have been whining about free speech on Twitter?

No. This is an fabricated stance you are trying to create for me (insert the goalpost meme so commonly associated with you)..... I am saying it is not all people on the right complaining about free speech. You bring "nut jobs" into it because of your wildly skewed bias on this.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Policies created by 'right winged nut jobs'.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that a question mark is asking a question and not trying to "create" anything, right?

And once again, no, people making outrageous conspiracy theories the likes of what is being allowed more and more now on Twitter are being posted by right wing nut jobs. Somehow you think that isn't a fact. Which tends to show your wildly skewed bias.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The lefty admins who have been proudly cheering on the permanent de-platforming/banning of any dissidents are now screaming FACISM!

Hilarious.

Last edited by BpG; 11/29/22 04:20 PM.
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They've been screaming fascism ever since the alt-right MAGA Fascist Christian White Supremacist Movement started.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Been hearing that Twitter is dying for a month, yet it's still here.

This video is a good analysis of the problems twitter is facing.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
New users are joining faster than ever before. Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

This will make Twitter a better place.

The news media should be scared.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Elon and Twitter are screwed. His invested fortune depends on right-wingers acting civil. LMAO.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/29/22 08:47 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
New users are joining faster than ever before. Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

The libtard left is leaving in droves. Of course the hate posts are down.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

The libtard left is leaving in droves. Of course the hate posts are down.

0r maybe paying $8 a mo. for fake news and continued hate tweets directed at them is a bit steep.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

rofl

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Twitter Accepts Elon Musk’s Offer to Buy Company in $44 Billion Deal

Link Copied to Clipboard