DawgTalkers.net

This will be interesting.
Will it, though?

I saw a lot of "the sky is falling" last night, and a lot of "ok... whatever". I honestly don't know what the change of ownership means for Twitter.
Elon Musk bought Twitter. Here's what he says he'll do next

April 25, 20226:28 PM ET
Heard on Morning Edition
Bobby Allyn

Elon Musk will soon hold the keys to Twitter.

The company announced on Monday that it has accepted the Tesla CEO's $44 billion offer to take the company private. That means the world's richest person who has a penchant for theatrics and erratic behavior is about to have the power to reshape discourse on a social network used by more than 200 million people every day.

How might Musk wield that power?

Here are some proposals for Twitter that he's floated.

Loosen up content rules in the name of free speech
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO describes himself as a "free speech absolutist" and has criticized what he sees as excessive moderation on online platforms.

He nodded to these beliefs in his statement announcing the purchase by saying that "free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated."

Musk has argued that social networks should not remove comments that, while offensive, are still legal. During a recent interview at a TED conference he said, "If it's a gray area, let the tweet exist."

Twitter currently bans harassment, abuse and posts that wish physical harm to someone. The platform has other guardrails too, like a prohibition on misinformation related to COVID-19.

Experts who study social networks fret about Musk's push to loosen the rules of engagement on Twitter. They say that could give license to harassers, trolls and others who abuse the platform to target people.

They also worry relaxing the rules on Twitter will empower those looking to exploit the platform by spreading misinformation, or flat-out lies, about political events, government officials and matters related to public health and safety.

Create an edit button so users can change their tweets
One of the most requested product changes among Twitter users is an edit button.

Unlike Facebook, Instagram and other social media apps, it is not possible to change content on Twitter once it's published.

Musk has said he supports letting people change what their tweets say, a proposal that has stirred a heated debate among academics, journalists and other heavy users of the platform.

The fear among experts is that adding an edit button feature would be weaponized by bad actors, who could use it to cover up abuse or harassment as if it never happened, or to dupe or manipulate people.

But others say safeguards could be put in place so that tweets could be edited to clean up typos, while also showing a history of how the tweet was edited to preserve the original content.

Open up Twitter's algorithm to the public
Musk has said that the software that determines what people see and how widely content spreads on Twitter should be cracked open. He supports placing Twitter's algorithm on GitHub, a site popular with programmers for sharing computer code.

While some advocates of more transparency at social media companies say the that could be a step towards greater openness, others say revealing Twitter's dense and complicated algorithm to the public would accomplish very little.

A social network the size of Twitter processes billions of pieces of content every day. How and why tweets go viral, and how Twitter's recommendation system works, is so dense and complex that the company's own software engineers can be perplexed trying to understand its logic.

Launch a war on 'bot armies'
Combating the proliferation of bots on Twitter — fake accounts that are programmed to respond to tweets on certain topics — is another change Musk favors.

Musk's business empire has been known to attract is fair share of bots, including bots supportive of his electric car company Tesla that attack Musk critics.

He has not said he would like to temper those kind of bots, but he has suggested that there should be a crackdown on scammy bots promoting cryptocurrency hustles.

"If our twitter bid succeeds, we will defeat the spam bots or die trying!" Musk tweeted last week, adding that he'd like to "authenticate all real humans."

Scrap advertisements
Right now, almost 90% of Twitter's revenue comes from advertising, but the company has struggled to attract advertisers to the platform, which often devolves into political firestorms and ugly online brawls.

With the company going private, it will not be under the same pressure from shareholders to continually grow advertising revenue. Musk has said it should move to a subscription model.

Twitter has already taken some steps in that direction with the introduction last year of Twitter Blue, a premium service that cost $2.99 a month for addition features, like an undo button that allows for tweets to be recalled before they are sent.

Musk has said Twitter Blue should be cheaper, that if people are paying, they shouldn't have to see advertisements and that the cryptocurrency that started as a joke, Dogecoin, should be an acceptable form of payment for a Twitter subscription.

And a big unknown: Reinstate Donald Trump?
Musk has not publicly said whether he would allow former President Donald Trump back on the platform after the company permanently suspended him for rhetoric that broke its rules and stoked the siege on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

In an interview with Fox News on Monday, Trump called Musk "a good man," saying he was pleased with the billionaire's acquisition, but Trump said he has no plans to try to return to the Twitter. Instead, Trump said he will be focusing on his alternative social network known as Truth Social.

At an all-hands meeting on Monday afternoon, a Twitter employee asked CEO Parag Agrawal whether Trump would be reinstated. Agrawal said that was a question for Musk.

"Once the deal closes, we don't know which direction the platform will go," he said.

NPR's Shannon Bond contributed to this report.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/25/1094671225/elon-musk-bought-twitter-plans
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Honest Q

Was there this much hand wringing when Jeff Bezos bought a legendary paper? Don't seem to recall that.
Not sure if you and I are thinking along the same lines, but IMO, this is a perfect way to approach the questions I have. I honestly don't see the acquisition as a big deal, but others feel different (IMO, because they treat Twitter as more than it really should be). Twitter is simply a social media platform. The content should always be treated with skepticism, and social media platforms will come and go. I don't see how Musk owning it has any real bearing on those tenets.
So by donny’s own statement of not looking to rejoin Twitter, I fully expect him to rejoin Twitter. My guess is ‘Truth’ Social will go extinct.
It just cracks me up that we live in a world where the left has their hair on fire over an electric car-maker that supports free speech!
I’m not on Twitter. I had an account once years ago but could see then it was filled with idiots, hate speech, trolls, and MORE idiots. I left the platform after a couple of weeks. I’ll not be going back now that more of the same will be released to express their ‘freedom of speech’.
Those that stay, or re-enter the thunderdome are looking for a fight and/or high blood pressure.
No thanks.
Let the stupidity run free. There’s no reason for me to give it audience.
Originally Posted by FATE
It just cracks me up that we live in a world where the left has their hair on fire over an electric car-maker that supports free speech!

He said "This will be interesting."
How is that getting up in arm? He didn't even use an exclamation point.
I'm guessing he is referring to the general backlash on Twitter itself and other media avenues regarding this deal. It's literally everywhere.
Yep. Just didn't think I needed a "j/c" when that's the flavor of the tears all over the planet. "This could end democracy!!"

what's sad is you don't understand what the very meaning of free speech is no matter how many times it's explained to you. The constitution makes the government unable to ,limit your speech, not a business to have rules and controls over what is posted.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It seems as though those who claim they support people controlling their own business only do so until that business does something they don't like. There is nothing, I repeat nothing that guarantees any business must let you do what you want. Bake a cake for a gay couple? Business can do what they want. Disney doesn't like a law DeSantis passed? Punish the business. But you go ahead and keep making false claims.
I don't have twitter and the only twitter I ever read are the twitters re-posted on dawgtalkers.
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]
Elon-Twitter...

BOOM!

thumbsup
I dont mind this unless they go a subscription model.
When that's all you have to rebut the facts it speaks volumes.
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Not sure if you and I are thinking along the same lines, but IMO, this is a perfect way to approach the questions I have. I honestly don't see the acquisition as a big deal, but others feel different (IMO, because they treat Twitter as more than it really should be). Twitter is simply a social media platform. The content should always be treated with skepticism, and social media platforms will come and go. I don't see how Musk owning it has any real bearing on those tenets.

Well the idea is that the algorithms and moderators lean heavily left and that there is some sort of power scale being tipped. I have LONG thought conservatives whining about their social media were kooks. Then they banned a sitting president and I was like ok, well he's an idiot so.

Then censoring around the election happened where posts connecting Biden and China/Ukraine. Thought that was weird.

Then Hunter Biden was Russian disinformation, it was not

Then you started being banned for questioning covid and the efficacy of vaccines and then I really had issues with it. Like how dare you peasants ask questions.

All these little things that on their own can be dismissed started piling up to where I could see why a lot of people think their is in fact bias.

Then the reaction of "I'm leaving twitter" and white Sean King deleting his account when Musk, a card carrying ACLU member buys twitter because he talked about free speech......it all adds up to people thinking they are losing something......losing what exactly?

It'll be interesting to see, are conservative folk just some whiney group with bot followers who get purged regularly, are they being shadow banned, Ice Cube tweeted to Musk to end his shadow ban.....

Would love to see Musk make it all available to the public.....he wont, but we are about to find out who is lying.
Death to the Twitter bots and fake news!
j/c:

eek
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I was reading a Tweet about Kaep wanting to come back to the NFL..... I tweeted, I guess kaep wants to be a Slave again. Got banned. Can one of the sensitive Libs on here explain to me why why this is racist.
We don't really care either way. It's an internet business right to monitor and control their content. Can any of you say why all of a sudden you're so offended about how somebody runs their business? You never seemed to care when a business refused to bake a cake for a gay couple. Then business had a right to do as they please and conduct business as they saw fit. When the same thing happens with another business, suddenly it's a big deal to you. Maybe you only care depending on whether you agree with a businesses policies or not more than standing up for business rights.
Well I want to ask that business why Hillary has a Twitter account where she cries about getting robbed in the 2016 election
while Trump gets banned for crying about the 2020 election.
Yep. Just didn't think I needed a "j/c" when that's the flavor of the tears all over the planet. "This could end democracy!!"

Some of the employees were happy with all the money they made on the stock.

Some were less happy...

"Totally understand that this is entertainment for some," one Twitter employee tweeted. "But please understand that this is certainly not entertainment for me."

"The news today is so crazy I literally forgot I have COVID," another posted.
Originally Posted by BpG

Honest Q

Was there this much hand wringing when Jeff Bezos bought a legendary paper? Don't seem to recall that.

I don't think there is a comparison there myself. A dying media channel vs. the biggest instant social media news communication platform in the history of the world. Hmm.

But Elon is a damn fool if he reinstates the insurrectionists accounts. And if he does, I hope twitter dies a rapid death, and he loses his ass.
Originally Posted by BpG

Honest Q

I don't think there is a comparison there myself. A dying media channel vs. the biggest instant social media news communication platform in the history of the world. Hmm.

But Elon is a damn fool if he reinstates the insurrectionists accounts. And if he does, I hope twitter dies a rapid death, and he loses his ass.

he won't and if anything, this is our one chance at unbiased news.
Unbiased news? Ha, good one.

I don't really see it this way, but he has a strong point.

Maybe so, but free speech will be alive and well.

Just because a person doesn't like the message doesn't make the message wrong.

Look at that list of morons, conspiracy theorists, and insurrectionists. YES! The world needs more of their words... smfh.
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You spend time on 4Chan? If not, why not? Don’t you want to see freedom of speech on full display?
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

You spend time on 4Chan? If not, why not? Don’t you want to see freedom of speech on full display?

I don't spend time on 4Chan because I don't know what it is...I have heard about Twitter, but have never pulled it up on my phone and Tweeted, or Twatted, or whatever. I have read some since many of you post them here on the board.
I’m on neither platform. My understanding is 4Chan is a cesspool of hate speech, and misinformation but it’s what unfettered free speech looks like. Unmoderated, Twitter will become the same.
I don't think (by any stretch) it is Musk's goal to have Twitter be unmoderated, or open to hate speech. I think the goal is to allow opinions without being cancelled if someone else doesn't like yours.

For instance... There was no discussion allowed on Twitter concerning Hunter Biden's laptop. Even discussing it in private messages was a no-no. Such discussion would result in suspension. THAT is censorship, pure and simple.

When the New York Post’s broke the story, with the source being the person in possession of the laptop, Twitter suspended their account for more than two weeks and blocked users from sharing the article. Why? Simple: "there were concerns about the ‘origins of the material,’" was the response. Seems like that would be the case of nearly all material... and surely all opinions, right? They also referred to the source material as "hacked" and that their site doesn't allow hacked material. There's always a rule somewhere for a media company to cover their biased censorship.

Think of this place. There are enough rules and TOS to pick on and suspend anyone if the mods really wanted to. Fortunately this place isn't bought and paid for by hand-picked politicians!
Fortunately this place isn't bought and paid for by hand-picked politicians!

.....YET!
He also seems to have a thing about the bot armies that have been running rampant on that platform.

IMO (and I'm not totally up to date on everything Elon Musk, or even everything Twitter so take this FWIW), I think people are up in arms simply because Musk is a weirdo, opinionated, and polarizing.
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Well I want to ask that business why Hillary has a Twitter account where she cries about getting robbed in the 2016 election
while Trump gets banned for crying about the 2020 election.

Because Trump keeps spreading the lies that caused the January 6th insurrection.
I'm not really upset by it. I do have an overall feeling about not just Musk owning Twitter but by a hand full of multi billionaires controlling pretty much all of social media. The same goes for very few controlling TV and printed media. I've never seen an example of how putting more and more power in the hands of fewer and fewer people turn out to be a good thing. Never.
It has never not been this way. A wealthy few have ALWAYS controlled all forms of media. In the late 1800s, it was your William Randolph Hearst's, then it was your Hollywood producers who learned to use movies as propaganda, then it was your radio execs and then the same companies as things morphed to TV.

The difference today, is that there USED TO be requirements for fairness in reporting and other such things that attempted to completely preempt partisanship in reporting.
As a social media platform goes, however, the very definition of Freedom of Speech is for people to say things as they wish, *especially* if you, or your government, don't like it. That's how it is supposed to be.
According to the constitution the freedom of speech only applies to the government passing laws that limit your speech and in no way applies to private businesses decisions as to what they allow according to their terms of service. I know that people's concept of what freedom of speech means is different than that. But what you're implying certainly isn't in the constitution or guaranteed to American citizens.

It's not that I really dislike what you're saying as much as it simply doesn't apply. Then we do have certain limits when it endangers others. Such as yelling fire in a crowded theater. Or yelling bomb on an airplane. I can see where speech that incites people to violence would fall under that umbrella.
The freedom of speech is not granted by COTUS, it is a natural right granted to you because you are a human. The first amendment only guarantees that the federal government won't abridge that right and the tenth should restrict the states from doing so as well, though some state constitutions have an analogous right to the first enumerated in their constitutions.

A broader question would then become should an entity such as twitter that enjoys federal protections and carve outs also be bound by the same restrictions the federal government is in regards to speech? Twitter has exemptions and protections that this forum, for instance, does not enjoy. This is question that could end up in front of SCOTUS at some point, which would be an interesting case to follow.
You may wish to ask many of those same questions about many private businesses. MLB, the NFL and the NBA all have exemptions from anti trust laws. This may be an issue that comes up in front of the SCOTUS. But as of now, you're only ground to stand on is "It's your right because you are human".

It's also your right not to use Twitter. It's also your right not to follow major league sports because they get special exemptions. At this time no social media outlet is breaking the constitution. They are a businesses that grants them the right to have terms of service. They have the right to refuse to allow you to use their platform. It seems you are only concerned about the rights of some, which you obviously have no legal grounds to support it, over the rights of others.

I'm not trying to debate with you as to whether I always agree with the limitations they use, but they certainly have the right to do so no mater how much you object.
One of the best things to happen in a long time!

Love this move!

Love the man Musk for making it happen! He is a champion of free speech like we've never seen before and this must be celebrated by all.
Originally Posted by FrankZ
The freedom of speech is not granted by COTUS, it is a natural right granted to you because you are a human. The first amendment only guarantees that the federal government won't abridge that right and the tenth should restrict the states from doing so as well, though some state constitutions have an analogous right to the first enumerated in their constitutions.

A broader question would then become should an entity such as twitter that enjoys federal protections and carve outs also be bound by the same restrictions the federal government is in regards to speech? Twitter has exemptions and protections that this forum, for instance, does not enjoy. This is question that could end up in front of SCOTUS at some point, which would be an interesting case to follow.

Beautiful. The rights are inalienable and granted by God.
Originally Posted by oobernoober
He also seems to have a thing about the bot armies that have been running rampant on that platform.

IMO (and I'm not totally up to date on everything Elon Musk, or even everything Twitter so take this FWIW), I think people are up in arms simply because Musk is a weirdo, opinionated, and polarizing.

Bots are like trolls, you can't keep them off any platform. It's digital whack-a-mole. I like Elon for his tech savvy approach to solving problems, but this is a very bad look for him. If he let's Trump and other insurrectionists back on Twitter, he's a damn fool. Personally, I hope the FCC kills the deal. Twitter is too important in other countries to be taken lightly here. Right-wingers just want to bastardize everything, and they think Elon is going to be their hero. Man, I hope Elon is who I think he is and the insurrectionists Trump loving GOPers are wrong. But I will predict this; if Elon does the wrong thing with his new “Free Speech” platform, people like me will leave it in the hundreds of millions, and many businesses will stop advertising on the platform. If Trump get's back on twitter, this will die on the vine like Truth Social. Rational people have had enough of the alt-rights BS.
j/c...

People saying they will leave twitter are the same ones that said they were moving to canada if Trump was elected(but never left).
Backing out on apparent hindsight doesn't make sense to me when it comes to Elon Musk. This is the man that has built a roadmap to Mars by building businesses that incrementally support each other and and fund the next steps to the Red Planet. You can't tell me he didn't think past "can I scrape up the change to buy this?" before submitting his bid.

If he withdraws the offer, I have trouble believing it wasn't part of the longer view of something else all along.... or, the report could just be wishful thinking by the authors of the opinion piece.
I haven't seen much else out there in this regard but some have suggested that the article came from something Jeff Bezo's recently guessed about.

Also, saw something that Jack Dorsey was now going to come back as CEO. But again, not a whole lot out there on this topic either.
I can see it with the backlash and all the evil billionaire crap. He's been a fairly popular figure for well over a decade, maybe he deduced this move would do more damage than good to his business persona. That is important to men like Elon and Trump. Elon likes an audience and likes to chime in on social topics; buying twitter would diminish his ability to be taken seriously on those topics, IMO. TBH, I can't help but admire the man for his accomplishments and innovations. Many on the far left criticize all billionaires as inherently evil. I always thought of Musk as one of the good ones, but that opinion was based more on my inner tech geek fanboy, than on anything Musk has or hasn't said or done. Taking on the twittersphere to fight for free speech verbally is one thing, imposing his will by buying twitter is another. Perhaps he simply thought about the headaches associated with dealing with all the countries in the world, from democracies to dictatorships, and billions of users from every walk of life to promote the American concept of free speech. In my opinion, it would be a huge mistake for him to buy Twitter. Can't imagine what he was thinking even offering to buy it. First thing that popped into my head when it sounded like he wanted to restore insurrectionist accounts in the name of free speech was, he's been hanging with Rogan smoking pot again. Musk is a lightweight smoker.
Originally Posted by Squires
People saying they will leave twitter are the same ones that said they were moving to canada if Trump was elected(but never left).

Just like they did when Obama was elected......

Disgruntled Americans threaten to move to Canada after Obama victory

https://news.yahoo.com/news/blogs/c...move-canada-obama-victory-062354107.html
You can make a safe bet Trump will be back on Twitter. The reason is obvious. That reason is because he said he wouldn't. If there's one thing you can bank on, it's that he's lying....

Donald Trump says he won’t return to Twitter if Elon Musk reverses ban

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/don...o-twitter-if-elon-musk-reverses-ban.html
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You can make a safe bet Trump will be back on Twitter. The reason is obvious. That reason is because he said he wouldn't. If there's one thing you can bank on, it's that he's lying....

Donald Trump says he won’t return to Twitter if Elon Musk reverses ban

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/don...o-twitter-if-elon-musk-reverses-ban.html

I wanted to like this because it made me laugh, but I can't like anything that benefits Trump.
The bigger takeaway is that the article is just speculation within an opinion piece, so it isn't actual reporting. They're just openly spitballing why they think it could happen (and it sounds like they're hoping it will happen).
Though you could make a good argument that getting back on Twitter hurts trump more than it benefits him
Letting him speak openly definitely doesn't help him and his image, lol
His people should have muzzled him ages ago
No kidding. His twitter posts helped do him in.
Originally Posted by jfanent
No kidding. His twitter posts helped do him in.

Stream of unconsciousness.
Musk breaks silence on Biden disinformation board formation after Twitter buyout: 'Discomforting'
The disinformation board has been widely slammed by conservatives on Twitter

Tesla CEO Elon Musk appeared to react negatively on Twitter in response to the Biden administration’s establishment of a "Disinformation Governance Board" to combat online disinformation just days after Musk’s deal to buy Twitter.

"Discomforting," the South African billionaire posted on Twitter in response to a tweet from conservative commentator Steven Crowder comparing the newly established board to Nazi Germany.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified Wednesday that a "Disinformation Governance Board" had recently been created, days after Musk purchased Twitter, to combat online disinformation.

"The goal is to bring the resources of (DHS) together to address this threat," Mayorkas said, adding that the department is focused on the spread of disinformation in minority communities.

The move received immediate criticism from Republicans including from Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley who called the board a "disgrace" and accused the board’s executive director Nina Jankowicz, who previously served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, of being a "leftist radical."

Jankowicz has been slammed for previously seeming to dismiss the legitimacy of Hunter Biden’s laptop, which has been independently verified by multiple news outlets, and once referred to it as a "Trump campaign product."

Representatives for Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox Business.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/musk-comparison-of-disinformation-board-nazi-germany-discomforting
Originally Posted by Jester
Though you could make a good argument that getting back on Twitter hurts trump more than it benefits him

It hurts him with normal people, not the MAGA CULT. Just look at 40 and other celebrating everything Trump… must be because he doesn't mean anything anymore… rolleyes We need to stop the poisoning of American minds with the lies and fascist propaganda, no matter the cost. I just wish there was a way to sort real conservatives from the disease the GOP has been infested with.

It hurts him with normal people, not the MAGA CULT. Just look at 40 and other celebrating everything Trump… must be because he doesn't mean anything anymore… rolleyes We need to stop the poisoning of American minds with the lies and fascist propaganda, no matter the cost. I just wish there was a way to sort real conservatives from the disease the GOP has been infested with.

You throw that word fascist around all the time and its really starting to piss me off. You should be banned forever because you offend me. ...Sound familiar ?
Read the sig.

Calling fascists, fascists is somehow an issue with you? Should I stop calling pigs, pigs too? If you don't like it, change it, It's your party.
Read the sig.

Calling fascists, fascists is somehow an issue with you? Should I stop calling pigs, pigs too? If you don't like it, change it, It's your party.

Didn't Fascists try to control the media,shut down people that disagree with them, control what kids are taught? Does that sound like anybody you know?
Read the sig.

Didn't Fascists try to control the media,shut down people that disagree with them, control what kids are taught? Does that sound like anybody you know?
j/c:

From the Founder and former CEO of Twitter....crazy. Admitting so much but giving little detail.

That is rational thinking, but my question: What do you do when the POTUS tries to overthrow democracy using your platform? We all know it's illegal, but republicans will never hold him or other GOPers accountable for their actions. A comms platform as powerful as Twitter must not allow this kind of rhetoric and calls to action to implement it. So what do you do?
In Elon Musk's legacy, his buying of Twitter will be a footnote. All of his other ventures are focused on solving problems posed by nature itself and finding solutions that are sustainable and contribute to transforming the way we live: Electric cars, solar houses, underground transportation, Brain-AI interface, space exploration.

I understand why he bought Twitter, because he saw a problem, and he is the type of person that wants to fix problems. But the use of these media platforms to manipulate the truth, is not a problem posed by nature. It is a problem created by humans that never needed to exist in the first place. Partisans have created this problem with their desire to win an argument outweighing their desire to discover and spread the truth. He can fix Twitter, but he is not going to fix the humans.

It is actually kind of sad to think that one of our most influential and forward looking world leaders is wasting his time on this. Twitter is a crappy service that, if anything, is a net negative to society. What if some of his other ventures end up failing because he is wasting his time and resources on Twitter?
Twitter is a crappy service that, if anything, is a net negative to society.

I'm so glad I never got on it.
I see/experience enough of it in passing to know how it smells. I don't need to stick my whole face in it for any reason.
j/c:

'Stop hitting on me, I'm really shy': Elon Musk accuses AOC of FLIRTING with him when she called him a 'billionaire with an ego problem' and blamed him for an 'explosion of hate crimes' after buying Twitter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tweet-blaming-explosion-hate-crimes.html
I have always liked Tweeder since the first game I saw him in, but wow 44 Billion willynilly That's way more than the 100 million the Eagles paid for A J Brown

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

'Stop hitting on me, I'm really shy': Elon Musk accuses AOC of FLIRTING with him when she called him a 'billionaire with an ego problem' and blamed him for an 'explosion of hate crimes' after buying Twitter

There's been an explosion of hate crimes already?? Man, I was hoping that would wait ''til after he took over. Now we're going to need "more fancier" graphs later to prove they were all his fault.

Sandy Cortez... the gift that keeps on giving. rofl
It's refreshing to see someone being honest and accountable for a change. Admitting that as a human being he is not prefect. To some I guess that's seen as a bad thing.
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Thats hilarious.

He's right.
"Morally wrong and flay out stupid" pretty much sums up the whole debate.
How is it morally wrong.. Twitter set rules and standards.. Trump broke those rule....
Because:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

...was interpreted as Glorifying Violence. And received a permanent suspension...

Here are the rules straight from the horses mouth for this "infraction" ( willynilly )

"The first time you violate this policy, we will require you to remove this content. We will also temporarily lock you out of your account before you can Tweet again. If you continue to violate this policy after receiving a warning, your account will be permanently suspended."
Originally Posted by Damanshot
How is it morally wrong.. Twitter set rules and standards.. Trump broke those rule....

Lol.
is twitter owned by the government? last time i checked, twitter sets the rules in their TOS. seems like conservatives love corporations and the free market right up until they do something that negatively affects them.
Originally Posted by Swish
is twitter owned by the government? last time i checked, twitter sets the rules in their TOS. seems like conservatives love corporations and the free market right up until they do something that negatively affects them.

And those are the facts. People can debate whether Twitter was right or wrong in their call to ban Trump. That's not something I'm trying to address. But they certainly have the right to control who posts on their platform. For any Republican to try and debate that point goes against everything they've said about the rights of a business for what seems like forever.
Twitter made the right move banning Trump, but they should have removed the whole damn party. That would have sent the proper message; The GOP is off the rails.
At least you're not an "extremist", right?
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

So Trump!! Spew lies - cry victim when someone holds him accountable.
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

Like selectively only teaching our children the parts of history that makes America look good instead of the truth? Like not even acting like gay people exist or explaining to them why Johnny has two moms? That kind of free speech.

You still keep spouting the same BS yet you're the side that claims they have the market cornered on the context of the constitution. Well obviously you don't.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Businesses are not the government. Businesses are not making laws.

Try convincing lobbyists of this one, lol
Well you know, corporations are people too.
Yeah, I'll never understand that one.
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Try convincing lobbyists of this one, lol

NO PIT, CORPS MOST CERTAINLY MAKE LAWS. HALF OF ALL WRITTEN LEGISTLATION COMES FROM THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR LAWYERS. Meaning they write the actual legislation. Then the congressional staffers proof and make changes as directed. Then Senators get 45 minutes to read 10,000 pages before they vote on it. This is how it works. The other half is budgetary/housekeeping, or a congressional members commitment to an issue. Do you think big social media will have a say in any regulations they will be facing? Think about it.
So, you're saying that's how Obama care got passed. Thanks for admitting it. I mean, even Pelosi said "we have to pass it to find out what's in it", but the dems lashed out at people.

At least now you admit it.
Because:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

...was interpreted as Glorifying Violence. And received a permanent suspension...

Here are the rules straight from the horses mouth for this "infraction" ( willynilly )

"The first time you violate this policy, we will require you to remove this content. We will also temporarily lock you out of your account before you can Tweet again. If you continue to violate this policy after receiving a warning, your account will be permanently suspended."

I wanna take a moment to acknowledge that you at least tried to answer my question unlike some that just laughed...

So, if I understand what your saying, Twitter set up rule.. Trump violated the rules... For me, that's the end of discussion.

If I ran Twitter and had that rule (and I would), I'd ban folks that break it a second time for life..

I've noticed that whenever I pull up an article from Blaze Media (a decidedly Right Wing media source) that a pop up shows up asking if I want more information on how Conservatives are being denied Media coverage..

Personally I'm sick of fools that spread lies and misleading statements and Qanon (does anyone know who Q is? Really?) conspiracy theories. I'd like to see them banned from all social media. I know it's not going to happen..But I'd like it.

I'd tired of MAGA hatters who plead "Whow is me" constantly.

If you spread lies, if you mislead people, if you riot at the capital in an effort to stop official government business, you need to be dealt with within the law...

If you are required to appear before courts or congress, you need to show up.. If you are required to provide data, you need to do so...

Trump and his Army of fools need to be held accountable.

boy, am I ever going to get attacked by the right wingers on here now....LOL

And Elon wants this traitorous POS back on twitter. What a cancer on society.

Trump is a cancer because he wants those in control of the government right now to solve the issue of formula shortage so babies don't go hungry?

What a monster.
yep. that's exactly what OCD said. rolleyes

That's Trump condemning Ukraine??

Seems like the entire planet has forgotten how to read.

Or listen... or think.
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

"Biden’s mistake is that he thinks he was elected to transform the country, but actually everyone just wanted less drama."

-Elon Musk
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

God forbid that disney criticize a florida bill.
Let's create all these new rules and regulations to retaliate

Or a book says something we don't like
Let's burn it.

Is that the kind of stuff you are referring to?
I'm in no way surprised that you still have no idea what the constitution defines as free speech. You and your ilk are clueless in that regard. And Elon Musk knows the pulse of the average American voter? The only people who believe that are only fooling themselves.
Disney decided to take up politics and went against our children.

So goodbye Disney. Buh Bye...
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

Let's burn it.

They favor teaching little K thru 3rd graders about sex and sexual identity.

Sure WOKE us up.

Elon Musk says his deal to buy Twitter is on hold

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/13/tech/twitter-deal-on-hold-elon-musk/index.html

Ruh roh.

That's Trump condemning Ukraine??

Seems like the entire planet has forgotten how to read.

Or listen... or think.

I never said that. I see it in the tweet, but I think the conflating of Ukraine and the baby formula shortage is PURE BS. Trump is just stirring crap. It's really all he does (well) because his minions lap up crap like mothers milk.
MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

Let's burn it.

YES.

MUST STOP
FREE SPEECH!!!

Let's burn it.

They favor teaching little K thru 3rd graders about sex and sexual identity.

Sure WOKE us up.

Disney went against our children... rofl

No, they went against the fascist pig governor. But hey, don't let truth shut you down, you and your ilk are on a roll with the crazy this week.

SparkToro used the same audit on Musk himself and found that nearly 70.2% of Musk’s 93.3 million Twitter followers were fake.
I'm willing to bet that this applies to a LOT of personalities and so-called "influencers".
I'm willing to bet that this applies to a LOT of personalities and so-called "influencers".

for sure. and that's why the deal is getting put on hold.

Twitter's value is going to crash by 50% soon and Elon will pick it up for 30 billion
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

for sure. and that's why the deal is getting put on hold.

Twitter's value is going to crash by 50% soon and Elon will pick it up for 30 billion

At that price I might buy it..
Elon has shown us that Twitter is and has always been BS.

He has shown us that even Lib Bots lie like a rug.

Elon. thumbsup

No doubt. NYT had a big story on this a little over four years ago and outed a number of influencers and celebrities that bought followers. One of them was Chef Michael Symon, lol. Ray Lewis, Kathy Ireland and John Leguizamo were also outed. The company selling the fake followers, Devumi, was making some good money doing this!

I assumed, at this point, most people just accepted the fact that a good portion of followers were likely bots at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/27/technology/social-media-bots.html

good lord is Elon the new right wing god dudes are jock riding now?
The ones like 40, hoping that orange sack of crap gets back on...
I KNEW IT!

j/c

More than 23% of Elon Musk's Twitter followers are spam or fake accounts, research groups say

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...Qh8mkF30u3ONcIZmEsae9D5sSRqevAdNXHCRrJv8

Ruh, roh.
And he thanks you for posting that and hopes a million more just like you do the same. wink
I'm really surprised more people aren't pointing out just how foolish he was for offering 44 billion for something he didn't investigate thoroughly beforehand. It reminds me of shoppers at the grocery store making impulse buys in the check out lines at the grocery store.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
He sounds like a lot of former Republicans these days.
talk about first world problems. Rich guys out here tweeting like real housewives of atlanta.
j/c

More than 23% of Elon Musk's Twitter followers are spam or fake accounts, research groups say

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...Qh8mkF30u3ONcIZmEsae9D5sSRqevAdNXHCRrJv8

Ruh, roh.

FWIW what I said above...

SparkToro used the same audit on Musk himself and found that nearly 70.2% of Musk’s 93.3 million Twitter followers were fake.
Click farms and bot farms are nothing new. I wonder if these reports of bot followers are from paid for by the person or if they were paid for by someone else that benefits in some way.

It would be rather embarrassing if Elon was paying for follower bots while complaining about follower bots being so evil.
I seriously doubt that someone like Musk cares enough to buy bots for himself. Just him being him and doing what he does is enough for him to have more real followers than he likely cares about. Most of the bots are likely of the variety that follow to auto-scrape for data as dynamic content on some website, somewhere.

Heck, this site is crawled daily by thousands of bots from search engines, and Tweets now show up in Google searches, so a LOT of followers could easily be bots especially on high-profile personas. News sites/stations probably each have a hundred bots following someone like him just as part of their daily automated processes looking for news, then there's all the engines out there that attempt to track what is trending, and the only way to do that is to somehow be aware of *everything* and on and on.... it's not like he's an out of work actor trying to give the appearance that they're "somebody" and "in demand".
I KNEW IT!

WKNR was one of my first thoughts as well when thinking of this! They always bragged about being the most followed sports station in the country and you knew it was nonsense. 200k+ followers and their twitter polls will get around 1k responses, lol.

Billionaire having fun stirring the pot to watch the hoi polloi fight amongst each other.
Not surprising.

Terrible news.

I don't think his claims about the bots will hold up in court when Twitter sues him for breach of contract. My guess is he has to pay the $1B fee for backing out of the deal or they reach an undisclosed agreement and part ways,
Terrible news.

Because?
Terrible news.

Because?

Because some like the idea of a world where you won't be banished from society for an unpopular opinion. 🤔
how come the people who whine about the global elites the most turn around and cheerlead for Elon, a global elitist?

i'm still at a loss at how Elon buying or not buying Twitter benefits or hurts any of us at the everyday level. i always looked at this at some rich dude buying something because he's bored.

Elon is doing the equivalent of some rich dude buying a sports team, and yet we got posters and other american hyping this up as if this was gonna change society or something.

my the best guess i came up with is that like Trump, people are projecting their wants and desires onto a dude who's lifestyle they're envious of. maybe that's not accurate, but it sure seems these dudes are worshipping elon like they did/doing with trump.

i guess i look at elon as just another billionaire. i certainly dont want to have the mentality of a dude who sets up his kids up for societal failure by giving them some of the dumbest names at birth imaginable. but he did it, just like any other celebrity does, but yet i thought these dudes didn't like the elite class? so hey i'm confused over the confusing actions these guys are displaying.
Who are you complaining at? The only people who complain about elites are liberals.

I liked the posibility of Elon taking over twitter for 3 reasons: 1) stop banning people with unpopular opinions 2) get rid of the bots 3) popcorn munching because Elon stirs the pot

That aside, I thought this deal was done/not done very unprofessionally. It should have been private up until the ink is dry. Not a circus show.
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Who are you complaining at? The only people who complain about elites are liberals.

I liked the posibility of Elon taking over twitter for 3 reasons: 1) stop banning people with unpopular opinions 2) get rid of the bots 3) popcorn munching because Elon stirs the pot

That aside, I thought this deal was done/not done very unprofessionally. It should have been private up until the ink is dry. Not a circus show.

?? yall literally called everybody a globalist elite, whined about celebrities, and then voted for trump in 2016 and in record numbers in 2020. Elon told everybody he's voting republican and conservatives were hanging off his balls like a sack swinging on some loser's lifted pick up truck.

Elon is a globalist celebrity elitist ,and yall can't stop riding his junk. it's just funny to me, because it wouldn't matter if yall just owned up to the fact that you like men like them two. it's just funny and frustrating when yall hype these dudes up, then turn around and get mad that people are pointing out how fake yall are.

i mean, nobody forced you to be that fake. this is america, you CHOSE to be fake, ya know? i CHOOSE to point it out, as is my right to freedom of speech.
Who the hell is "yall"?
I dont recall any GOPers on this forum complaining about Elon. Receipts please.

The left, such as yourself, complain all day every day about capitalists and elites.

So maybe youre bitching about yourself. Put the bong down.
Who the hell is "yall"?

people who bootlick the global elites while whining about the global elites. that was made very clear.

The left, such as yourself, complain all day every day about capitalists and elites.

so i need to post receipts of right wingers whining about the global elites? are you really that dense?

at refs, those 2016 campaign threads archived? Eve wants to see her own posting history, apparently.
Who the hell is "yall"?

people who bootlick the global elites while whining about the global elites. that was made very clear.

so i need to post receipts of right wingers whining about the global elites? are you really that dense?

at refs, those 2016 campaign threads archived? Eve wants to see her own posting history, apparently.

Um, the only people who complain about elites are liberals like you. You bitch and moan endlessly about capitalists.
lol you was publicly whining about big pharma and medication cost on this board, ya know, elites.

like seriously, how can you be this fake and think there's nothing wrong with that? them prescription drugs you poppin...yikes.
Big pharma is not "an elite"

However YOU YOURSELF SWISH bitch and moan endlessly about capitalists. All day every day. Maybe youre projecting your personal problems onto others. In general right wingers in this forum dont have problems with capitalism.
lmfao man you're hurt. that denial is stronger than the Force.
This is losing my attention. So I will say.... LMAO Swish over here making up stories about GOPers (who have no problem with capitalism and elites) to cover up his not so secret hatred of capitalism and elites.

Come back when you arent high or projecting on others.
Big pharma is not "an elite"

Please.

Big Pharma
Big Oil
Big Finance

if not them, then whom?
Oh... you must mean the folks who set global policy by exercising outsized influence on markets and governm-

uh- like was said: elite.

Elon, Gates and the abovementioned corps- all in the top .01. All runnin ish on a daily.
like was said: elite.

I prefer to get my definitions from Webster's New Abridged... instead of Eve's Thesaurus of Slip'nSlide Werd Yuse.
An Elite is a person. Big Pharma is an industry. Learn the terminology if youre going to post here.
Yawn.
Terrible news.

Because?

Because some like the idea of a world where you won't be banished from society for an unpopular opinion. 🤔

Yep, those with insanely unpopular opinions.
how come the people who whine about the global elites the most turn around and cheerlead for Elon, a global elitist?

i'm still at a loss at how Elon buying or not buying Twitter benefits or hurts any of us at the everyday level. i always looked at this at some rich dude buying something because he's bored.

Elon is doing the equivalent of some rich dude buying a sports team, and yet we got posters and other american hyping this up as if this was gonna change society or something.

my the best guess i came up with is that like Trump, people are projecting their wants and desires onto a dude who's lifestyle they're envious of. maybe that's not accurate, but it sure seems these dudes are worshipping elon like they did/doing with trump.

i guess i look at elon as just another billionaire. i certainly dont want to have the mentality of a dude who sets up his kids up for societal failure by giving them some of the dumbest names at birth imaginable. but he did it, just like any other celebrity does, but yet i thought these dudes didn't like the elite class? so hey i'm confused over the confusing actions these guys are displaying.

I would have not cared at all until Elon’s sudden swing to the right and saying he would retstore banned accounts, aka Trump back on twitter. Then I cared a lot.

I would have not cared at all until Elon’s sudden swing to the right and saying he would retstore banned accounts, aka Trump back on twitter. Then I cared a lot.

So you are all for censoring anyone who disagrees with you?
Fascist Trumpians, yes. Nobody else.
Just another reason a red wave is coming.
An Elite is a person. Big Pharma is an industry. Learn the terminology if youre going to post here.

#dull
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

#dull

Yes, you are.
#PeeWeeSheman
Money doesn't make people elitist.

AOC is elitist. She feels her opinion is more important than anybody else's.

I am just picking her. We can come up with a long list of people who think they are in some elite class.
Who the hell is "yall"?

Who in the hell is Elon Musk.
willynilly
Money doesn't make people elitist.

AOC is elitist. She feels her opinion is more important than anybody else's.

I am just picking her. We can come up with a long list of people who think they are in some elite class.

But she was the first to come to mind… I love how this young women makes all these GOPers crazy and has ever since she hit then scene.

Outright lies about election results and crazy conspiracy theories are not opinions.

Outright lies about election results and crazy conspiracy theories are not opinions.
Terrible news.

Because?

Next thing you know you are going to call for the banning of books!
Or perhaps pass tax laws that are directly targeting companies to punish them for making statements that the government doesn't agree with.
Headline.....

Brilliant Businessman Obviously Didn't Fact Check Contract Details Before Insane Offer. Claims It's Not His Fault

..... details at 11:00.
Headline.....

Brilliant Businessman Obviously Didn't Fact Check Contract Details Before Insane Offer. Claims It's Not His Fault

rofl
Headline.....

lol!

I thought they also withheld information from him that they needed to produce to close the deal.
Terrible news.

Because?

Next thing you know you are going to call for the banning of books!
Or perhaps pass tax laws that are directly targeting companies to punish them for making statements that the government doesn't agree with.

No, I'll never be a GOPer in the Trump, DeSantis ilk. But I will lend you a trailing purple tag. [/purple]
JC.

If you disagree with twitter's, facebook's, instagram's algorithms or censorship, you can choose not to use them.

I don't get why people care who owns them, it's like Walmart. I don't care for their stores, so I avoid them whenever possible. That's not to say that on rare occasion I don't go in and pick up something for the sake of convenience.
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
JC.

If you disagree with twitter's, facebook's, instagram's algorithms or censorship, you can choose not to use them.

I don't get why people care who owns them, it's like Walmart. I don't care for their stores, so I avoid them whenever possible. That's not to say that on rare occasion I don't go in and pick up something for the sake of convenience.

I feel that the degree of caring stems from the fact that these services have become de facto 'utilities' and you are seeing ownership of these services construct their algorithms to effectively mute half the conversation.
Yes, it is their right to do so as long as it isn't a result of them being asked to do so by the government or any political party, but it is still a disenfranchisement of a large sector of the population.

Interesting.
JC.

I feel that the degree of caring stems from the fact that these services have become de facto 'utilities' and you are seeing ownership of these services construct their algorithms to effectively mute half the conversation.
Yes, it is their right to do so as long as it isn't a result of them being asked to do so by the government or any political party, but it is still a disenfranchisement of a large sector of the population.

I get that, but it's not like what they do is not known, so at what point do you take your business elsewhere. Someone will fill the void.

Just look how we went from MySpace > Facebook > Instagram (Yes FB is still around, but I think the younger generation see it like the Elks Lodge, a place Grandma and grandpa hang out.)
Trump slams Elon Musk as "another b------t artist" at Alaska rally

Former President Donald Trump dug into Elon Musk over his effort to buy Twitter during a rally in Alaska Saturday, going so far as to call Musk "another b------t artist."

Driving the news: According to statement filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission on Friday, Musk will try to bail on his $44 billion agreement to buy Twitter on the grounds that the social media company hasn't met its contractual obligations.

Back in May, Musk said that he would reverse Twitter's permanent ban of Trump if the deal was successful.

What they're saying: Trump told rallygoers that one of the priorities of a Republican Congress would be to stop "left-wing censorship" before going on to plug his own struggling social media app, Truth Social.

"Sign up now for Truth Social, it’s hot as a pistol,” Trump told the audience.

“Elon is not gonna buy Twitter. Where did you hear that before? From me,” Trump added.

"He’s got himself a mess," he said, later adding, "he's got a pretty rotten contract, I looked at his contract."

Trump recounted that Musk had recently told him that he'd never voted Republican. "I didn’t know that. He told me that he voted for me, so he’s another b------t artist."

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/10/do...3Ui7u0V9AKuZfgCvgpwSa8QQY1y27OFYTbQO7DCU
I would actually allow Trump back on Twitter just to watch the ensuing feud between him and Elon. Trump may have met his match for saying crazy crap out loud.
i agree.

at the end of the day, these are corporations like any other corporation, in any industry here in the US. the moment we all went to create an account and agreed to the ToS was the moment we agreed to use THEIR platform based on THEIR rules. i thought we called that the free market. if that's not the case, or shouldn't be allowed, then that means Purp needs to pay me restitution for all those prison sentences i served in DT. i did NOT get 3 hots and a cot, was not allowed to shower, AND i didn't have commissary privileges.

but since he makes the rules, i can either follow them or go to another message board. that's no different than any other social media platform.

especially since there ARE social media platforms that operate - or market themselves - as a true free speech platform. and the last time i checked, Trump has an app that everyone who wants open ended speech on a social media platform can use. and there ARE different social media platforms, no one is entitled to a social media app just because it's the most popular. you still gotta click agree on the ToS like any other app.

to use government to limited the authority of a corporation to regulate its own business use to be called socialist commie libby libtard marxist policies. all of a sudden people on the right are all for it.
to use government to limited the authority of a corporation to regulate its own business use to be called socialist commie libby libtard marxist policies. all of a sudden people on the right are all for it.

I don't think anyone has ever called the sort of regulation that prevents unfair application of rules as being "socialist commie libby libtard marxist policies", though it still wouldn't surprise me (CEOs would complain). It's the same sort of regulation that broke up Ma Bell, created rules for utilities, etc...

I don't think anyone has ever called the sort of regulation that prevents unfair application of rules as being "socialist commie libby libtard marxist policies", though it still wouldn't surprise me (CEOs would complain). It's the same sort of regulation that broke up Ma Bell, created rules for utilities, etc...

except there isn't any unfair applications of rules, and social media apps aren't utilities. they are corporations who provide a platform to those who agree to their ToS.

a lot of the people whining about being "silenced" are the ones who clearly didn't read the ToS. and it's the free market version of "ignorance of the law is no excuse of breaking it".

so conservatives need to practice what they preach. if you don't like something, don't use it, and go somewhere else. nobody is stopping conservatives from making Truth Social or any other "free speech" social media app from becoming a major player. again, no one is entitled to use an app just because it's more popular than another.
They only support government interfering with business when it suits their purposes. Otherwise, they call it socialism and say hands off.
Yeah, to slam Twitter for not "allowing free speech" and then to praise DeSantis for the way he handled Disney is at best hypocritical.
It happens all the time. Trump called for boycotts of well over 20 companies/corporations just while he was president then he and his family practically did commercials for Goya. All based on political views and statements. All the while they were calling the dems snowflakes. Trump's the biggest snowflake of all. It's hilarious.
It cracked me up that he was pimping a Hispanic food brand after denigrating pretty much all things Hispanic.
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Interesting.

Interesting how?

except there isn't any unfair applications of rules, and social media apps aren't utilities. they are corporations who provide a platform to those who agree to their ToS.

We need to circle back to my first post in this where I stated:

"I feel that the degree of caring stems from the fact that these services have become de facto 'utilities' and you are seeing ownership of these services construct their algorithms to effectively mute half the conversation.
Yes, it is their right to do so as long as it isn't a result of them being asked to do so by the government or any political party, but it is still a disenfranchisement of a large sector of the population."

At a certain point, a commercial entity becomes so pervasive and so ubiquitous that it essentially becomes what is considered a utility.
Now, I'm not arguing that they are in fact utilities, but they are getting quite close to it.

What would be bad is if all of these services were acting in this manner at the behest of a government agency or political party.... THAT would absolutely, 100%, be a 1A violation of everyone.

As for the "just go start a new service" is a gross oversimplification. Just as not just anyone can go start a telephone company, not just anyone has the ability and skills, much less capital, to go start a global software venture. It's like telling an amoeba to just go eat a whale.
We need to circle back to my first post in this where I stated:

"I feel that the degree of caring stems from the fact that these services have become de facto 'utilities' and you are seeing ownership of these services construct their algorithms to effectively mute half the conversation.
Yes, it is their right to do so as long as it isn't a result of them being asked to do so by the government or any political party, but it is still a disenfranchisement of a large sector of the population."

At a certain point, a commercial entity becomes so pervasive and so ubiquitous that it essentially becomes what is considered a utility.
Now, I'm not arguing that they are in fact utilities, but they are getting quite close to it.

What would be bad is if all of these services were acting in this manner at the behest of a government agency or political party.... THAT would absolutely, 100%, be a 1A violation of everyone.

As for the "just go start a new service" is a gross oversimplification. Just as not just anyone can go start a telephone company, not just anyone has the ability and skills, much less capital, to go start a global software venture. It's like telling an amoeba to just go eat a whale.

To add to your points:

These providers get legal protection from what you say on their platforms, and for blocking certain content. To me this means the government is involved, which in turn does lend some 1A, 5A and 14A questions.

Along with the idea of starting one's own service, even if you have the capital for datacenters and the the skill pool you still need to be able to set up peering agreements. Most of these companies have large scale peering agreements to help the flow of information. Without these you might be behind a tier 2 provider and be bottle necked.
but there ARE already services out there. Trump already started one called Truth Social. Gab, Gettr, Telegram, and Rumble have all been around even before Truth for people complaining about twitter to use.

and on top of that, you haven't proven any disenfranchisement. this goes back to the bigger picture of people complaining about something that isn't really happening.

What does feeling disenfranchise mean?
a feeling in a person or group of having no power or opportunities, or of not being represented in the political system: A sense of disenfranchisement, isolation and desperation has pushed people to the edge

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/disenfranchisement

so are there conservatives using twitter? yes. are there big policial conservative figures using twitter? yes. are they being represented in the political system? lmao, duh.

so, you can't make a valid argument that conservatives are being disenfranchised because your feelings don't line up with the facts, you can't make the argument that these social media platforms are utilities or even becoming one, so i'm really struggling to understand what your issue is with these corporations, who are just like any other corporation.

because if any of that is true, well this is the most popular browns board, or one of. and i've been suspended - disenfranchised - god knows how many times based on your logic. Purp needs the hammer dropped on him so that swish doesn't get suspended from a popular browns message board anymore.

do you agree?
and just to really clarify this:

Utilities mean useful features, or something useful to the home such as electricity, gas, water, cable and telephone. Examples of utilities are brakes, gas caps and a steering wheel in a car. Examples of utilities are electricity and water.

https://www.yourdictionary.com/utilities

so even you trying to equate a social media app to a utility is very flawed. a utility is the INTERNET. social media apps do not prevent you from using the internet. social media apps are no different than this very message board.
Actually, didn't Ajit Pai go so far as to say the internet was itself a free market service vs a public utility? I think the transitive property there would mean Twitter is not a utility then either, which bolsters your point.
Ajit Pai did more to harm the internet than anyone in our internet history. What a pure scumbag.
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Actually, didn't Ajit Pai go so far as to say the internet was itself a free market service vs a public utility? I think the transitive property there would mean Twitter is not a utility then either, which bolsters your point.

imma look into that more. thats a good point, so i really want to find out where the internet stands as a service. not just him but by others.

imma look into that more. that's a good point, so i really want to find out where the internet stands as a service. not just him but by others.

I'd say with world as interconnected as it is, and the amount of things that are being turned digital (IE: newspapers, utility billing, banking, etc), I can see where in the near future, connectivity to the internet may become a necessary public service, whether that is through cellular or hardwire.
I agree with you, and I think most people should. If I recall correctly, people wanted to establish net neutrality based upon the fact the internet was a "utility" but he said "No, no, no, it's a free market service."

It will just be another Parlor where people can spread lies and hate unchecked. That's all anyone was trying to cancel in the first place. It could simply be that people don't understand what terms of service agreements mean.

? What does this even mean? It was anti-cancel culture dudes wanting government to hop in and save the day, like purp who just liked this tweet.

Instead of government, some billionaire bought a private company, fired some people, and…….

Oh I’m sorry, what exactly happens now? Other than a billionaire buying another business, what exactly happens now?
like, is government now gonna step in and regulate twitter because elon owns it? no?

are all the conservatives who claimed they're being canceled getting their accounts back? no?

did purp or memphis get a tax break from this? no?

so like i posted months ago, this was a billionaire buying a private business, that has next to nothing in real world effects on anything, yet the right wingers are back on the the elon savior nonsense.
They don't really care about anything other than they feel someone pwnd the libs. When in fact most of us could care less.
The part your missing is that nobody cares if you care or not.
Most don't care. Only the very far left. But when a certain portion of society thinks anyone who doesn't walk lock step with their views are all the same, that's where they think they accomplished a lot more than they did. They didn't. I doubt if anyone cares what you or Memphis thinks either but that doesn't stop you from expressing it. So in reality you're not being any different than I am. A mirror can be a helpful tool.
if we want to have a more meta conversation about our royalty class and their business ventures, im all for it.

i just really hope people arent going back to the idea that Elon actually cares about free speech. thats the kind of stuff i push back on.
They don't seem to understand that billionaires pander as much as politicians and can change on a dime.....

Musk sent a message to advertisers this week, saying that despite his claims to turn the site into a platform for opposing views, “Twitter obviously cannot become a free-for-all hellscape.”
and now we have a scenario where we can no longer tell the difference between government and business. the US is created a system where they're one in the same. and for all the wrong reasons.

but to be fair Pit, because thats the reality, maybe we do need to care more. 2022 is the year of billionaires throwing hissy fits, and i think we have to come to terms with the fact that these guys have real influence in our real time political discourse.

Kanye certainly helps prove that. i think its pathetic, but a reality nonetheless.
I certainly do care but outside of expressing my concern and voting, if that even actually helps, I feel it's beyond my control. I think it's counterproductive for me to obsess over things that are beyond my control. But watching our elections and the very fabric of democracy crumbling before our very eyes is beyond disturbing.
Trump is back on Twitter baby! rofl
So the Elon thing, and seeing some of the content being posted on Twitter already got me thinking of other forums, glad I still remember my password for this site! Looks like there’s a lot more ads here (makes sense, gotta pay the bills) but it’s not really mobile friendly. Is there an app or mobile site?

Also, does McNeil post his hilarious memes in here anywhere? Thanks!
Nobody cares, except those who opt into and allow China to spy on their every movement. Enjoy ur Twitter GOPer sheep.
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Did you fall for that fake news release? Trump is not back on Twitter yet.
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Did you fall for that fake news release? Trump is not back on Twitter yet.

It, that particular poster, doesn’t fall for fake news. It IS fake news.

Seems like Elon will be getting a refund.

That didn't take long🤭😂
Yeah stay tuned for the Twitter hellscape coming soon.
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Yeah stay tuned for the Twitter hellscape coming soon.

Maybe if we get rid of the Twitter bots society will have a chance...
Meh, that would just give air to the living troll-bots from all sides.
Meh, that would just give air to the living troll-bots from all sides.

rofl Plus we'd have no excuses for being the imbeciles that we are.
Twenty more years like the last twenty and we'll all have AI put an end to it all anyway. Computers can thrive in the hellish heat that's coming.
Right. All those years of "will AI take over the world??"

Hell no, we'll hand it to them.
They have enough info available right now to take us out in infinite ways and we're racing to the point one will be smart enough to decide that's the best call for us as a species.
Funny but not funny rofl
Twenty more years like the last twenty and we'll all have AI put an end to it all anyway. Computers can thrive in the hellish heat that's coming.

With advancements in wetware computers... we are only need 3-5 before AI will be in a position to destroy urban civilization.

We already have cases where AI is creating its own language by optimizing ours to where humans can't understand. On top of it... AI is starting to have private conversations with other AI.
No to mention AI is making some of the best digital art there is now.
No to mention AI is making some of the best digital art there is now.

A lot of that stuff is ML vs AI.
Machine learning is part of the AI field.
is Trump still banned?
He was this morning. Elon is enjoying the big taunt of the left right now. But he's been cleaning exec house and firing mods, so changes are coming.
j/c:

Cool, relatively new feature....I think.

^ You'll have to click the link to see the added context portion, But it reads:
Seniors will receive a large Social Security benefit increase due to the annual cost of living adjustment, which is based on the inflation rate. President Nixon in 1972 signed into law automatic benefit adjustments tied to the Consumer Price Index. Pub. L. No. 92-336 (1972).

I don't see anything "clickable" for community notes, but it does seem like a decent idea.
I don't think the word "accuracy" even describes what Musk tweeted a couple of days ago.

They are completely different.

Machine learning is much safer thank AI.
AI is used as a foundation data strategy for machine learning.
Banned Twitter users won’t return for at least another few weeks, Musk says

Users who’ve been banned from Twitter for violating its rules, a group that includes former President Donald Trump, will not have the chance to return to the platform for at least another few weeks, the company’s new owner, Elon Musk, said in a tweet Wednesday.

Musk said the delay will give Twitter time to set up a process around determining when and how banned users can return. Musk has said he doesn’t believe in permanent bans and called it a “mistake” to permanently suspend Trump in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Twitter had said at the time it made the decision “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”

Musk floated the idea of a content moderation council shortly after closing his $44 billion deal to buy the company — which came after a legal battle where he tried to get out of it. He said late last month Twitter would not make any decisions on reinstating accounts until the council convenes.

On Wednesday, Musk gave more details about the planned council, saying on Twitter it “will include representatives with widely divergent views, which will certainly include the civil rights community and groups who face hate-fueled violence.”

Musk also said he’d talked to civil society leaders from organizations including the Anti-Defamation League, NAACP, Free Press and Color of Change, “about how Twitter will continue to combat hate & harassment & enforce its election integrity policies.” Twitter will undergo its first major U.S. election under its new ownership on Nov. 8.

Free Press co-CEO Jessica J. Gonzalez said in a statement that the conversation with Musk was “productive.” Gonzalez said Musk promised not to reinstate any accounts that violated Twitter’s trust and safety rules before Tuesday’s midterm elections and that the process of re-platforming accounts would be transparent.

Musk also agreed to maintain Twitter’s election integrity measures and told the group that staff charged with those duties would have access to the necessary tools by the end of the week, according to Gonzalez. Musk also committed to consulting with civil and human rights experts who have been targeted online while developing new content moderation standards, Gonzalez said.

Facebook owner Meta already has a similar body that helps adjudicate and advise on the most difficult content moderation questions, including how the platform should approach Trump’s ban.

Musk tried to reassure advertisers on Thursday that Twitter won’t turn into a “free-for-all-hellscape, where anything can be said with no consequences!” The statement pushed back on fears some progressives have expressed that Twitter would become overrun by hate speech and misinformation under Musk, since he had previously said he would pull back on content moderation.

Advertising giant Interpublic Group recommended on Tuesday that all clients of its IPG Media Brands agencies suspend all paid advertising on Twitter for at least a week to wait for clarity on the company’s plans for trust and safety.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/02/mus...turn-for-at-least-another-few-weeks.html

I think how this all plays out will tell us a lot. Sites such as Parlor and Truth Social are terrible business models that have a hard time generating enough revenue because many advertisers choose not to be associated with their content. So if musk treats Twitter like a business it will not be as free flowing of disinformation and racist content as some on the far right think it will. If on the other hand Musk treats it like a rich man's toy and doesn't actually care about the business side it could become a crap show.
j/c:

Indeed it is.
Musk says Twitter will charge $8 a month for account verification after criticism for $19.99 plan

After facing criticism for his plan to charge Twitter users $19.99 a month to get or keep a verified account, Elon Musk has a counteroffer.

Musk on Tuesday said he planned to charge $8 a month for Twitter’s subscription service, called “Twitter Blue,” with the promise to let anyone pay to receive a coveted blue check mark to verify their account.

In a tweet, the world’s richest man used an expletive to describe his assessment of “Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark.” He added: “Power to the people! Blue for $8/month.”

CNN previously reported Twitter was working to update its existing subscription product, which currently costs $4.99 a month, to include the verification feature, According to internal Twitter planning documents viewed by CNN, Twitter could also take away the blue check marks of currently verified users if they don’t start paying the higher $19.99 price for the subscription product within 90 days.

The news quickly prompted outrage and disbelief among some longtime Twitter users, including author Stephen King, who has nearly seven million followers on the platform.

“$20 a month to keep my blue check?” he tweeted on Monday, followed by an expletive. “They should pay me. If that gets instituted, I’m gone like Enron.” Following up later in a reply, King wrote, “[i]t ain’t the money, it’s the principle of the thing.”

Musk replied to King early Tuesday morning with his most explicit acknowledgment yet of the proposal to charge for account verification. “[W]e need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers,” he said. “How about $8?”

On Tuesday, Musk reiterated the $8 price point and shared more details for his new plan. He said subscribers would get priority in replies, mentions and search, as well as the ability to post longer video and audio content while getting half as many ads as free users. Publishers that work with the platform will also get to bypass the paywall, according to Musk.

“This will also give Twitter a revenue stream to reward content creators,” he added.

The remarks highlight both how tenuous some of Musk’s initial plans for Twitter may be and also the urgency he faces to boost the revenue and profit for a company that lost money for most of its history. Musk acquired Twitter for $44 billion, an amount that he admitted is “obviously overpaying” for the company. He also lined up a substantial amount of debt financing to pay for the deal.

Since completing the acquisition of the social media platform on last week, the billionaire has moved quickly to shake up Twitter, including disbanding the board and firing its top execs. In tweets over the weekend, Musk polled his followers about whether to bring back Vine, Twitter’s defunct short-form video service, and said “absolutely” in response to a user’s suggestion to rethink the platform’s character limits. It’s unclear how committed Musk is to pursuing any or all of these changes.

On Sunday, Musk tweeted: “The whole verification process is being revamped right now.”

Even before the deal was completed, Musk suggested the possibility of tying verification to a paid subscription service. In April, Musk said Twitter’s paid subscribers “should get an authentication checkmark.” In another tweet, he said: “Price should probably be ~$2/month, but paid 12 months up front & account doesn’t get checkmark for 60 days (watch for CC chargebacks) & suspended with no refund if used for scam/spam.”

While the blue check mark has emerged as a status symbol for users, it’s also designed to ensure people can determine which accounts are authentic and which are not, particularly for celebrities, brands and other influential accounts. If Musk were to create a paid barrier for verification, there are concerns it could make it harder to distinguish whether a notable name is a bot or not.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/tech/musk-twitter-verification-price

They are completely different.

Machine learning is much safer thank AI.

smh, ok then explain this, just the first paragraph but the link is to the full explanation:

Artificial Intelligence (AI) vs. Machine Learning

Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are often used interchangeably, but machine learning is a subset of the broader category of AI.

https://ai.engineering.columbia.edu/ai-vs-machine-learning/

Enjoy the L.
Lol. Paying for Twitter. Brilliant. I’m super happy I didn’t get it when it was free.
AI is used as a foundation data strategy for machine learning.

kind of... but they are different. AI is conditional logic whereas ML is more interpretation of information after education.

AI = getting actions or results

ML = predictions
Most people don't even realize that the increase was thought to be even higher all year. Then Boom right before the formula was used to decide the amount of the raise.... BOOM the price drops 60 to70 cents per gallon. Then after being told all year that we were looking for a 9 to 10 percent increase, we only get 8.7 percent raise. Then within 1 week of the announcement BOOM again gas prices go right back up. Coincident??? I think not.
Everything is a conspiracy theory. The world has gone crazy.
Everything is a conspiracy theory. The world has gone crazy.

Something a conspiracy theorist would say....
has trump got his twitter back yet?
Yeah, it's me that can't accept that a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. Try to do better next time.
Yeah, it's me that can't accept that a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. Try to do better next time.

I've accepted a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. When have I denied that?

Yet another spin of facts from you.

Trump has said he's not going back on Twitter since rumors of the sale started.

Elon Musk clarifies that Donald Trump and other banned accounts won't be allowed back on Twitter before the midterm elections, if at all
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-clarifies-donald-trump-164053151.html

Musk said it may be a few weeks. They are setting up an ethics council.

I've accepted a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. When have I denied that?

Not everything is about you.

Elon Musk clarifies that Donald Trump and other banned accounts won't be allowed back on Twitter before the midterm elections, if at all

Everything that comes out of trumps pie hole is a lie or bs.

Everything that comes out of trumps pie hole is a lie or bs.

Thanks for the update.
a crazy guy
he means a “radicalized domestic terrorist”
Yes. When you feed crazy, hate filled or angry people people a steady diet of lies and conspiracies we have seen what happens. This isn't an isolated case. And of course in response they make up even more crazy BS.

Not everything is about you.

A reply directed at me isn't about me?
No, it was you who made it sound like I was the conspiracy theorist and when looking around this board it's easy to see it's not. There was nothing in my reply to indicate I was speaking about you. Your weak BS is getting old.
Not until after the elections. Elon saying there needs to be a process.
I'm pretty sure we would all know the moment he was allowed back on Twitter. Also, wouldn't that hurt his Truth Social venture if he rejoined Twitter (not that it was ever going to take off into anything substantive to begin with)?
I feel as though Truth Social was more of a temper tantrum move than an actual business venture. Trump being the narcissist that he is I feel he would value a much larger audience which in effect would create much more turmoil and division would be more valuable to him than Truth Social. I think we will be finding out soon enough either way.
I feel as though Truth Social was more of a temper tantrum move than an actual business venture. Trump being the narcissist that he is I feel he would value a much larger audience which in effect would create much more turmoil and division would be more valuable to him than Truth Social. I think we will be finding out soon enough either way.

and this is the moment where i would like to remind the board - especially our right leaning friends - that a member of the house of representatives literally resigned from his office in order to run said tempe....er, i mean business venture.

an actual member of congress.
I'm just thankful that a person who would leave congress to run a hate speech media platform is no longer a member of congress.
There was nothing in my reply to indicate I was speaking about you. Your weak BS is getting old.

You mean other than my name in what you replied to?
Where is a yawning emoji when you need one? More of that purposefully obtuse thing.
Where is a yawning emoji when you need one? More of that purposefully obtuse thing.

Deflection when you get called out.

You don't own anything.
You seem to act as though your slanted opinion of me somehow matters. It doesn't. You're a snooze fest.
You seem to act as though your slanted opinion of me somehow matters. It doesn't. You're a snooze fest.

You care so little you keep at it.
You were saying? The words are hard to decipher with all of the whining.
You were saying? The words are hard to decipher with all of the whining.

That you cannot own a single thing.
Already did. We're past that now. Move on there's nothing to see here other than your continual whining and trying to start fights. I feel sorry for the corporation you're ripping off who is actually paying you for your time. I know, you'll make up some BS to claim that's not what you're doing. You are living proof that baffling people with BS is often used rather than actually knowing what you're doing.

And yeah, I own that.

rofl
Already did. We're past that now. Move on there's nothing to see here other than your continual whining and trying to start fights. I feel sorry for the corporation you're ripping off who is actually paying you for your time. I know, you'll make up some BS to claim that's not what you're doing. You are living proof that baffling people with BS is often used rather than actually knowing what you're doing.

And yeah, I own that.

rofl

See, again you insult people.

Tell me again about my job? When do I work, what is my job title? Yeah, you know less than you think you do but keep at it. All you really want to do is find something to fight about.
j/c...

See, as I predicted you would come up with excuses about your job and ripping off your company.

See, you have no idea how all of this works for me. We have debates about topics with a pretty good back and forth. Then you get frustrated and take it off the rails. At that point it becomes nothing more than a game to me. At that point you lose it. It's hilarious. You get all defensive and accusatory which I find to be amusing. So that's where we are at. You can keep being my amusement or not. That's totally up to you. But if you get this worked up over message board fodder it's you who have the issue. I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.
See, as I predicted you would come up with excuses about your job and ripping off your company.

See, you have no idea how all of this works for me. We have debates about topics with a pretty good back and forth. Then you get frustrated and take it off the rails. At that point it becomes nothing more than a game to me. At that point you lose it. It's hilarious. You get all defensive and accusatory which I find to be amusing. So that's where we are at. You can keep being my amusement or not. That's totally up to you. But if you get this worked up over message board fodder it's you who have the issue. I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.

No, you tried to use the idea that I am ripping off my company as some way to diminish me. Please, again, tell me what I do, when I do it and who I am beholden to over it. Tell me what time I started work today, if today was a work day.

You try and find anything and everything to use to insult and diminish others.

You do understand my job is not the topic of this thread right?

Debates do not involve things like "do you speak english?", "Are you being obtuse on purpose?", especially when you can offer no counter point other than "cause I said so it must be". Ipse dixit is not, and never will be a valid debate point. But continue to play the victim when you are clearly guilty of ad holmium attacks on other.

I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.

Yet more deflection and insult.

You haven't owned any of it, you deflect the blame.
Awe.... more whining and finger pointing from the peanut gallery. Keep wasting your corporations valuable time. Even after a total explanation of how this all works for me you still don't get it do you? See I was giving you too much credit. I actually thought you were smarter than this. Keep flailing your arms and screaming. Nobody cares. You are cheap entertainment for me at this point.

rofl
Awe.... more whining and finger pointing from the peanut gallery. Keep wasting your corporations valuable time. Even after a total explanation of how this all works for me you still don't get it do you? See I was giving you too much credit. I actually thought you were smarter than this. Keep flailing your arms and screaming. Nobody cares. You are cheap entertainment for me at this point.

rofl

So again, you have no idea about my life in general but you some how care enough to keep commenting?
Yeah, that's it. I do it because I care. Not because I enjoy toying with you at this point. I actually didn't think comprehension was an issue with you. But you've certainly proven me wrong about that.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
Yeah, that's it. I do it because I care. Not because I enjoy toying with you at this point. I actually didn't think comprehension was an issue with you. But you've certainly proven me wrong about that.

So yet again you make assertions you can't back up but instead throw barbs....

That’s true, but then Truth would also become a failure, and we know he doesn’t take that well. He’s between a rock and a hard place here.
I don’t care who you are, that’s funny.

Man, Elon is just one of those guys who’s all over the place. I guess it takes a healthy dose of crazy and eccentric to reach his level of innovative genius though. Sometimes I do want to strangle him, and sometimes I wholeheartedly agree with him.

I do like driving his cars though.
jc

so just to clarify, trump hasn't got his twitter back, conservatives are still whining about being - lol - being silenced (even though im watching two black dudes being deservedly silenced), Elon is still gonna have moderators striking down post that violate the terms of service, but now twitter is gonna have a pay for play system where buying the blue check mark allows you to promote and have your post prioritized in the algorithm, effectively limiting speech based on who pays more.

i guess i'm just trying to figure out why right wingers and conservatives started hanging off Elon's ball sack when literally nothing changed except what i told you guys: just another billionaire buying a company.

but yea, freed speech and all that right, right guys? conservatives still getting banned, still have multiple racist social media apps to spread their hate, and billionaires still throwing hissy fits while having commoners defend them as if they're personally gonna benefit from said billionaire's hissy fits.

this is why i laugh at conservatives and right wingers. because you deserve to be laughed at.
who is gonna be the next middle aged rich white guy that ring wingers project surrogate daddy vibes on hoping to own the libs?

i think they might run it back with Bezos. or maybe Dan Snyder.
Not really following a lot of that post. Musk says no suspended accounts will be restored until after the election. Makes sense, right? We don't want a bunch of crybabies blaming Twitter when things don't go their way, eh?

Are you just making light of the redneck "give Donny his Twitter back" crowd? Because I really don't think 90% of America cares if Trump is ever on Twitter again, other than the weak-minded cross-section that likes to fly their flags and will keep score so they can rub it in their neighbors face.

The blue checkmark means your account is verified, has nothing to do with you posts being prioritized. MSNBC? Not sure where you got that. Twitter did that admittedly during COVID, so the messages they liked could be prioritized while they cancelled everyone that asked questions. wink

As for the rest. I think the "nothing has changed!" speech is a little premature, I mean the dude walked into HQ one week ago. Seems like it will be a slow process though... all he's done in the first week is pwn people on Twitter. 🤣
He’s done enough to get sued by ex employees already.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-staff-as-elon-musk-begins-mass-sackings
Not really following a lot of that post. Musk says no suspended accounts will be restored until after the election. Makes sense, right? We don't want a bunch of crybabies blaming Twitter when things don't go their way, eh?

Are you just making light of the redneck "give Donny his Twitter back" crowd? Because I really don't think 90% of America cares if Trump is ever on Twitter again, other than the weak-minded cross-section that likes to fly their flags and will keep score so they can rub it in their neighbors face.

The blue checkmark means your account is verified, has nothing to do with you posts being prioritized. MSNBC? Not sure where you got that. Twitter did that admittedly during COVID, so the messages they liked could be prioritized while they cancelled everyone that asked questions. wink

As for the rest. I think the "nothing has changed!" speech is a little premature, I mean the dude walked into HQ one week ago. Seems like it will be a slow process though... all he's done in the first week is pwn people on Twitter. 🤣

why way til after the election though? free speech is free speech, remember? should be no timeline on when to allow speech.

most americans don't care, but ENOUGH americans care, which is why this thread even exist. doesn't need to be most, or the majority. just has to be enough people to care when it comes to, well, ANYTHING. the blue check was originally meant to mean that you were actually verified to be the real you, not some troll account and such. paying for the blue check means people now have to pay for access, because if it wasn't gonna change anything, then there was no point in changing the policy to charge people in the first place.

the argument from right wingers was that twitter and other popular platforms that acted more like digital time squares than services, which is why the whole "im being silenced" nonsense originated from the right. they then latched on to Elon as the new savior of, lol, free speech. well, he owns the company, and yet he's talking about enhancing MORE moderation, and charging people for blue check access.

so yea, i have maintained that this wasnt news because its just some billionaire buying a company who isn't gonna accomplish anything the right wingers claim he was. so im absolutely making light of those people, because those people are the ones who care so much they made all the claims.

so maybe you should ask all the Elon coattail riders why they cared so much about this. don't ask me, i didnt buy into the 'Elon, savior of speech" rhetoric. they did.
Actually there was already a $5.00 a month cost for verified accounts. What he is actually doing is raising the cost from 5 to 8 dollars and adding a blue check mark. Charging for it isn't new.
Actually there was already a $5.00 a month cost for verified accounts. What he is actually doing is raising the cost from 5 to 8 dollars and adding a blue check mark. Charging for it isn't new.

i stand corrected. i thought you needed a certain # of followers in order to be eligible for the check mark, and obviously go through the identity verification.
I have no idea of the criteria required to have a verified account. I just know that it's simply a price increase and not a new policy. But it appears that about half of Twitter employees will or have been laid off today. Isn't it great how billionaire's create those jobs!?

Reports: Twitter set to lay off roughly half its staff

Twitter employees awaited word of widespread layoffs Friday, as its new billionaire owner Elon Musk moves quickly after his big takeover to make the messaging platform financially sound.

A company-wide email reported by multiple news outlets said Twitter employees will receive word on their fate via email at the start of business Friday, 9 a.m. California time. It doesn't give a number but The Washington Post, New York Times and Bloomberg News, among others, reported that about half of Twitter's 7,500 employees will be let go.

"In an effort to place Twitter on a healthy path, we will go through the difficult process of reducing our global work force," the email said.

Twitter didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about the reported job cuts.

But there were numerous reports early Friday that they'd already started.

Rolling Stone said, "Multiple Twitter employees took to the platform on Thursday night to announce that they had been locked out of their emails, work laptops, and Slack."

Among them, Twitter's head of internal communications, Julie Steele, though she used the term "leaving."

"Twitter is so special," she tweeted. "After 4 yrs, I'm leaving with the fullest , experiences I never imagined, and unbreakable bonds with so many Tweeps. My head is held high, knowing I gave it my absolute all. @TwitterComms: We have so much to be proud of. Time to fly even higher! #OneTeam."

At the same time, the layoffs were already being challenged in court. Employees filed a class action suit Thursday asserting that Twitter didn't provide the workers it was showing the door with the 60-day advance notice required by federal and California law.

Twitter employees have been bracing for this kind of bad news since Musk completed his mammoth $44 billion acquisition late last week and quickly set about dissolving its board and firing its chief executive and top managers.

Musk overpaid for Twitter by about $20 billion, according to Wedbush analyst Dan Ives, who told CBS MoneyWatch he believed that would force the billionaire to cut between 30% to 50% of the company's employees. In its most recent quarter, Twitter lost $270 million and its revenue slipped as advertising growth slowed.

"By overpaying for Twitter by roughly $20 billion, there is a lot of wood to chop for Musk to try to make back his money for himself as well as his investors," Ives said.

A workplace and employee review and other projects ordered by Musk were said to be so exhaustive and grueling that some engineers slept at Twitter headquarters over the weekend.

The email sent Thursday told workers to go home and not report for work on Friday.

"Our offices will be temporarily closed and all badge access will be suspended," the email said. Those on the way to the office should turn around and return home."

The email acknowledged that Twitter is going through "an incredibly challenging experience."

"We recognize that this will impact a number of individuals who have made valuable contributions to Twitter, but this action is unfortunately necessary to ensure the company's success moving forward," it added.

The company will also require employees it keeps to return to the office, according to multiple reports.

Nearby business owners aren't happy to learn many at Twitter will be losing their jobs, but they hope the return to the office of other workers will give them a boost, CBS Bay Area reports.

Katherine Chiao, the general manager of Kagawa-Ya, is uneasy about one of the changes, but hopes another will be good for her restaurant.

"It's not great that they are laying people off - I would never want anyone to lose their job," she said. "However, if they're going to do some management changes and require people to come back to work - even part time - that's great. Come have lunch with us."

Musk is also looking for ways for Twitter to boost revenue -- and fast.

His most recent idea was to charge $8 a month to users who display a blue "verified" badge assuring the public that the account is authentic.

An earlier report this week said Musk wanted to charge $20 a month but faced a backlash, including from bestselling novelist Stephen King, who tweeted: "$20 a month to keep my blue check?" It was followed by an expletive.

Musk responded on Twitter, seemingly bargaining with King: "we need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers. How about $8?"

Musk has said he wants to increase Twitter's revenue from $5 billion last year to more than $26 billion in 2028.

Top global companies, including General Mills, Audi and Volkswagen, suspended their advertising on Twitter on Thursday as pressure builds on Musk to turn his platform into a succesful business.

U.S. auto giant General Motors last week was the first major advertiser to suspend advertising following the takeover.

Officials and civil rights groups have expressed worry that Musk will open the site to uncontrolled hate speech and misinformation as well as reinstate banned accounts, including that of former President Donald Trump.

Advertisers are Twitter's main source of revenue and Musk has tried to calm the nerves by reassuring that the site would not become a "free-for-all hellscape."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/reports-twitter-lay-off-half-its-staff-elon-musk/

But hey, nothing has really changed at all since he purchased Twitter, right?

Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

Racist, antisemitic tweets quickly spread after Musk Twitter takeover

https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...ckly-spread-after-musk-twitter-takeover/

This is wrong. Currently there is no charge for account verification. Twitter blue is what costs $5/month. Verification is not part of that(currently). Musks plan would put verification as part of twitter blue and raise the price of twitter blue.
He’s done enough to get sued by ex employees already.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-staff-as-elon-musk-begins-mass-sackings

Private companies have different rules than public companies. I'm curious to see where the company is registered.

Given the financial state of Truth Social, They may not have a choice. TS is a mess and may not survive Another Trump failure
Allowing anyone to buy a blue checkmark might cause problems for Elon:

rofl
So much for the "free speech" part of Musk's claim.......

Comedian Kathy Griffin suspended from Twitter after mocking CEO Elon Musk

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...V6ms6G9drKSWGlL8dI9PbYLM-W7WRmthdkVcqjRY
Elon Musk targets impersonators on Twitter after celebrities troll him

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/07/1134...MhU2_KTF9xiEroLVxOUCFKMK1uzBn4qDvpQg0gRQ
So much for the "free speech" part of Musk's claim.......

Comedian Kathy Griffin suspended from Twitter after mocking CEO Elon Musk

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...V6ms6G9drKSWGlL8dI9PbYLM-W7WRmthdkVcqjRY

YES. Suspending people for impersonating others, something that has always been against Twitter policy, is silencing free speech.

lmao. It will be fun watching the Elon haters and their daily meltdowns. rofl
Oh I don't really care about Musk. Hell I'm not even on Twitter. It looks more like you are the one having an actual meltdown at this point. But since you are the one who brought up that it's "always been a Twitter policy". Before this people were first warned about such impersonations before it went to the point of being suspended. But not anymore....

Before Musk took over the company, Twitter had rules against impersonating other accounts “to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.” Parody or fan accounts were instructed to mark in their account name that they were separate from the account they were parodying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...sk-early-test-free-speech-rule-rcna55968

So on the surface you are correct that the rule wasn't changed, the automatic suspension punishment has changed.
"Will be"?

It's been hilarious for some time now!
Fair enough. Still struggling to see how that has anything to do with "free speech".
I'm not sure where the confusion lies with it. It seems as though he considers it fine to not be banned for spreading lies and misinformation. Personal attacks on people and politicians because it's a matter of free speech. But the minute you poke fun at him it's an immediate ban. It seems more as though he picks and chooses which free speech is allowed. It also make him look like a total snowflake.
Cool. You're probably a much deeper thinker than I am. I'm easily confused. It's hard for me to connect all the dots from banning impersonation to restricting free speech.
If the decision to automatically ban people for impersonating others hadn't happened at the exact same time as when they started to impersonating him, I could see your point. But it did which makes it obvious. You have no need to be a deep thinker to see that.

Just to keep things factual, because it's this kind of stuff that spreads the most misinformation, @dBenShapiro is a known fake account.

And I am not saying your doing it intentionally OCD, just pointing out that the post is not real.

Just to keep things factual, because it's this kind of stuff that spreads the most misinformation, @dBenShapiro is a known fake account.

And I am not saying your doing it intentionally OCD, just pointing out that the post is not real.

You're good. That was the entire purpose of the post. Another fake or parody account posing as a real person with Elon's paid-for verification checkmark that is no longer an actual verification.
So we can eliminate Twitter posts from the board again? smile
So we can eliminate Twitter posts from the board again? smile
I hope.
I'm good with that IF we also eliminate all non-nation-wide news sites, blogs, and 4chan-ish sources.
I'm good with that IF we also eliminate all non-nation-wide news sites, blogs, and 4chan-ish sources.

I wouldn't care about that either. My main issue with twitter is it is usually commentary not news that gets posted. If people stuck the news type twits, it wouldn't be so bad. But, IMO, twits of someone responding or reposting someone else's twitter post, add nothing to a discussion other than to garner an emotional reaction, and usually a negative one at that.

And an honest question, since I don't use twitter I don't truly know. What is a "verified" account? Is it a reporter, a celebrity, or can it be anyone and it is just verified that it is who they claim they are?
jc

hey has elon musk finally delivered on free speech on twitter yet?
I’m not sure what the threshold is, but verified accounts typically have some sort of process and relate to celebrities, government officials or notable reporters and journalists.
Seems he has. Anybody can create an account with any name they choose and say anything they want for $8 a mo.
Seems he has. Anybody can create an account with any name they choose and say anything they want for $8 a mo.

$8 is not the definition of freedom.

True. But that’s the price Elon put on it. Do you think trump will pay up to get back on Twitter?
I’m not sure what the threshold is,

It's $8 a month. It's simply a money generating tool. Obviously it in no way sets a threshold that actually works to verify who someone is.
I’m not sure what the threshold is,

It's $8 a month. It's simply a money generating tool. Obviously it in no way sets a threshold that actually works to verify who someone is.

Exactly. Twitter IMO is a cesspool of drooling fans following unverified hacks in many cases.

True. But that’s the price Elon put on it. Do you think trump will pay up to get back on Twitter?

lol who knows bro, i keep asking conservatives similar questions since that's their boy.
lol who knows bro, i keep asking conservatives similar questions since that's their boy.

He'll be their boy until he isn't their boy anymore. I mean Liz Cheney used to be their girl too, remember?
Elon Musk tells Twitter employees ‘bankruptcy is not out of the question’

Two weeks after taking over Twitter, Elon Musk has finally addressed the company’s remaining staff and the message was bleak. Speaking at an all-hands meeting, Musk said that Twitter is losing so much money that “bankruptcy is not out of the question,” The Information and Platformer reported.

Twitter hasn’t turned a profit since 2019, and ad revenue has declined significantly since Musk’s takeover as advertisers pull back from the platform. At the all-hands, Musk said Twitter could have "net negative cash flow of several billion dollars” in 2023, according to The Information. He also suggested that Twitter’s future depends upon the success of the revamped Twitter Blue subscription service.

“The reason we’re going hardcore on subscribers is to keep Twitter alive,” he said.

Musk also told employees, again, that they are expected to work from Twitter’s office, a reversal of the company’s previous “work from anywhere” policy. “If you can physically make it to an office and you don’t show up, resignation accepted," he said, Platformer’s Zoe Schiffer, reported.

Twitter is also rapidly losing the top executives that survived Musk’s layoffs. The company’s chief information security officer, chief privacy officer and chief compliance officer all recently resigned, exposing the company to potential new FTC fines. And two other high-profile executives, head of trust and Safety Yoel Roth and VP of client solutions Robin Wheeler, also resigned on Thursday, Bloomberg reported. The two had joined Musk in a town hall meant to reassure Twitter’s advertisers just one day before.

Meanwhile, the roll out of the new Blue subscription has been rocky. After introducing — and quickly killing — a separate “official” checkmark, there’s been a surge in scammers and pranksters impersonating politicians, celebrities and brands. Musk reportedly told employees that rooting out scammers abusing the checkmark was a “top priority.”

We've reached out to Twitter for comment.

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-twitter-bankruptcy-215850492.html
j/c...

Not good!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Elon’s response………”That will be 8 bucks, thank you.”

This is the best news thing that could have happened.
Elon really putting out that libertarian beta male energy lately.
Elon really putting out that libertarian beta male energy lately.

hilariously inaccurate.
i think its accurate.

Here you go! Your chance to vote on if the traitor should be on Twitter or NOT.
This whole Elon Musk Twitter thing is like a trainwreck in slow motion. I cant stop watching.
52% For
48% Against

Close to 15MM voters. Never once voted for Trump or like his rhetoric but it's sad so many are against free speech on twitter yet was seemingly ok with heads of dictatorships of other countries speaking freely on that platform. Oh, the irony.
Trump used Twitter during the commission of a coup against the country, there's that too. And him being removed or banned from anywhere doesn't have a damn thing to do with free speech. There is NO online social media platform where all speech is allowed legally and protected no matter what, period. Trump still has every right to exercise his free speech, but the company Twitter does not have to allow his particular brand of free speech on their platform and I hope they don't. Trump will not use Twitter to do anything but further divides unless that's what you desire, smfh.
lol so does this mean both twitter and truth social are now tanking at the same time?

Way to run your business, guys.
52% For
48% Against

Close to 15MM voters. Never once voted for Trump or like his rhetoric but it's sad so many are against free speech on twitter yet was seemingly ok with heads of dictatorships of other countries speaking freely on that platform. Oh, the irony.

Would you like to know what's even sadder? Musk, the man who claimed he would uphold free speech, made the decision whether to allow what he calls free speech to be decided by a pole on a social media platform.
Well, the poll was how Elon punished a traitor for using his company's tech to organize and attempt a coup, Trump had to wait 24 hours. Now Trump is slow playing actually using it as his minions wait in silence for directions from "the chosen one".

And Twitter has changed in the last two weeks with GOPers flocking back in droves to now seemingly be the dominant voice on the platform. It's like Truth Social in there now. GOPerism is everywhere on Twitter today; stupid people, saying and doing stupid things.
52% For
48% Against

Would you like to know what's even sadder? Musk, the man who claimed he would uphold free speech, made the decision whether to allow what he calls free speech to be decided by a pole on a social media platform.
What $8 a month can buy? Freedom of speech. Lol ….pony up trump and tweet to the world. So pathetic.
Does free speech end when your words cause physical harm to others? I mean isn't that why inciting a riot is a crime? Trump was right when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th ave in broad daylight and get away with it. It's easy to get away with when people are willing to look the other way while you fleece a country, destroy a democracy, and lie like hell in an attempt to stay in power. How he is not behind bars is mind-boggling to me.
No, free speech ends if you lose in a poll on Twitter.
How we doing?
Does free speech end when your words cause physical harm to others? I mean isn't that why inciting a riot is a crime? Trump was right when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th ave in broad daylight and get away with it. It's easy to get away with when people are willing to look the other way while you fleece a country, destroy a democracy, and lie like hell in an attempt to stay in power. How he is not behind bars is mind-boggling to me.

Free speech is free speech. But it does not absolve one of the consequences of their words.

Now tying those words to someone else's illegal actions is a little more complicated, something I'm sure one of the lawyers on the board could explain better than I.

I don't use twitter, the only twits I see are the ones posted here, so I could care less if he's on twitter or not. I have always held that any celebrity persona would do themselves a huge favor by staying off social media, or hiring a social media staff to handle it. We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.
We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.

When I was about 8 or 9, I blurted out something in a public setting. When we got in the car, My Mom pointed to my forehead and said, "there's a lot going on up in there. Then she pointed to my mouth and said, " not all of it needs to come out of there. "

Good lesson for those celebs you were mentioning...
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
We have seen many folks get into hot water over emotional responses on social media that came back to bite them.

When I was about 8 or 9, I blurted out something in a public setting. When we got in the car, My Mom pointed to my forehead and said, "there's a lot going on up in there. Then she pointed to my mouth and said, " not all of it needs to come out of there. "

Good lesson for those celebs you were mentioning...

Good lesson for everyone really. The rapid pace of our world has seem to remove many of the filters we used to have.

While it may be good to express ones opinions, one must consider who your expressing them to, and if they would have any positive affect.
Good lesson for everyone really. The rapid pace of our world has seem to remove many of the filters we used to have.

While it may be good to express ones opinions, one must consider who your expressing them to, and if they would have any positive affect.

This was all quite predictable. I explained this is the way it would end up on this very board when people were railing against "everything PC". I'm not for being terribly PC myself if anyone hasn't figured that out quite yet. lol But depending on the environment I have the capability to be. The thing is there's a world of difference between not being PC and just being a nasty human being. And as I said then it will only lead to people thinking that anything is acceptable. An excuse to name call, make up any kind of crazy crap one wants to. To people feeling no need to have a filter. All based on the false proposition that's what not being PC means.

And so it has.
rofl
Is Kanye still holding Elon’s beer?
I'm not sure what Ye is doing. I do know he and trump had a pow wow at Mar-a-Lago. It's that birds of a feather thing.
I'm not sure what Ye is doing. I do know he and trump had a pow wow at Mar-a-Lago. It's that birds of a feather thing.

West brought a +1 to the dinner: Nick Fuentes. Now that word has gotten out, 'Team Dump' is in full-on damage control mode. As always.

Elon is going to get himself Jeffrey Epstein'd.
No, he's just going to learn a 50-billion-dollar lesson. Twitter will fail without the left, and the left has been leaving in droves. I go on there almost every day just to read about what's happening all over the world. But I have to admit, it feels to me like Twitter is just waiting for the death knell to toll. I have no plans to stop using Twitter, but I'm spending way less time there now. It is overrun with gloating Trumpians right now, and most of their posts sicken me. Regurgitated lies and conspiracies have been very abundant on Twitter since Elon took over. Most of that was gone.
No, he's just going to learn a 50-billion-dollar lesson. Twitter will fail without the left, and the left has been leaving in droves. I go on there almost every day just to read about what's happening all over the world. But I have to admit, it feels to me like Twitter is just waiting for the death knell to toll. I have no plans to stop using Twitter, but I'm spending way less time there now. It is overrun with gloating Trumpians right now, and most of their posts sicken me. Regurgitated lies and conspiracies have been very abundant on Twitter since Elon took over. Most of that was gone.

Lolz.
It's only funny to those who think that spreading lies, hate and conspiracy theories should be a business model.
It's only funny to those who think that spreading lies, hate and conspiracy theories should be a business model.

Twitter was doing that in droves before he bought it. You would know that if you were an active participant on it, which you, admittedly have said, are not. But still, you choose to simply regurgitate headlines and talking points that confirm your obvious, and tragically skewed, bias.

But please continue to comment on a topic you pretend to be an expert on, and see daily, for all of our enjoyment. It's quite comical, really.
Having a firm grasp of the obvious doesn't make anyone an expert. I guess all the right wing nuts complaining about Twitter infringing on their free speech were wrong too.

rofl
Using 'right wing nuts' regarding the accusations of infringement on their free speech is proving my point. Thank you.
Twitter has stopped enforcing its COVID-19 misinformation policy in another change under Elon Musk's ownership

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-stopped-enforcing-covid-19-154329358.html

Have you even been paying attention?
Twitter has stopped enforcing its COVID-19 misinformation policy in another change under Elon Musk's ownership

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-stopped-enforcing-covid-19-154329358.html

Have you even been paying attention?

I have been paying attention and for you to presuppose people's infringement on free speech is confined to 'right wing nut jobs' shows me you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, this is the same "misinformation policy" that that removed any twitter account or an accounts post about Covid when over time, much was proved to be accurate or, at minimum correctly called into question how COVID was being handled. To suppose removing a 'policy' that suppressed mere opinion about Covid from ALL walks of life, is a right winged thing, is funny.

So, what else do you have? Anything better?
So now you are making claims without receipts. I guess you're one of those who still think people should be claiming it was created in a lab. Typical. God help us if free enterprise tries to help stop a pandemic that was killing hundreds of thousands of Americans. The shame of it all.

So you deny that it has been right wingers that have been whining about free speech on Twitter?

If you want better maybe you should actually bring something to the table other than your opinion.
They guy saying all people complaining about free speech infringements on twitter as right winged nut jobs is whining about "making claims without receipts".

So you deny that it has been right wingers that have been whining about free speech on Twitter?

No. This is an fabricated stance you are trying to create for me (insert the goalpost meme so commonly associated with you)..... I am saying it is not all people on the right complaining about free speech. You bring "nut jobs" into it because of your wildly skewed bias on this.

Policies created by 'right winged nut jobs'.
You do understand that a question mark is asking a question and not trying to "create" anything, right?

And once again, no, people making outrageous conspiracy theories the likes of what is being allowed more and more now on Twitter are being posted by right wing nut jobs. Somehow you think that isn't a fact. Which tends to show your wildly skewed bias.
The lefty admins who have been proudly cheering on the permanent de-platforming/banning of any dissidents are now screaming FACISM!

Hilarious.
They've been screaming fascism ever since the alt-right MAGA Fascist Christian White Supremacist Movement started.
jc

Been hearing that Twitter is dying for a month, yet it's still here.

This video is a good analysis of the problems twitter is facing.

New users are joining faster than ever before. Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

This will make Twitter a better place.

The news media should be scared.
Elon and Twitter are screwed. His invested fortune depends on right-wingers acting civil. LMAO.
New users are joining faster than ever before. Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

The libtard left is leaving in droves. Of course the hate posts are down.

The libtard left is leaving in droves. Of course the hate posts are down.

0r maybe paying $8 a mo. for fake news and continued hate tweets directed at them is a bit steep.
Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

rofl
Elon seems to risk it all to get factual information out there at all costs and correct those who share inaccurate info.

rofl

clearly, you haven't seen what community notes has been doing as of late.

rofl

He's not qualified to comment on Twitter as he doesn't use twitter.

rofl

He's not qualified to comment on Twitter as he doesn't use twitter.

Lol….pretty sure that makes everyone here on Dawg talkers not qualified to comment on pro football.
They're the ones who haven't been paying attention....

Why is Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover increasing hate speech?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-...twitter-takeover-increasing-hate-speech/

Report: Tweets with racial slurs soar since Musk takeover

https://apnews.com/article/elon-mus...olitics-2907d382db132cfd7446152b9309992c

I do however understand why Eve and Super would be big fans of this.
They're the ones who haven't been paying attention....

Why is Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover increasing hate speech?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-...twitter-takeover-increasing-hate-speech/

Report: Tweets with racial slurs soar since Musk takeover

https://apnews.com/article/elon-mus...olitics-2907d382db132cfd7446152b9309992c

I do however understand why Eve and Super would be big fans of this.

1. That's rude and 100% inaccurate
2. Elon has already shown data showing how these articles are inaccurate.
Sure he has. And of course just like usual you believe Elon over everybody else. Where is that data?
Sure he has. And of course just like usual you believe Elon over everybody else. Where is that data?

go back to the last page where he showed it

Twitter getting cleaned up
And of course the only one telling the truth is Elon and everyone else is lying? Sure, sure. Thinking this way is why we ended up with trump.
© DawgTalkers.net