Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1990580 12/04/22 05:12 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
An ugly win is still a win, and we needed that.

I didn't expect much from DW today, and that's what we got. He still has a lot of rust and was serviceable at best, IMO. I think he will be better moving forward. But if he struggles early in the next game, I think it's reasonable to say Jacoby gives us the best chance to win this year and should be put in sooner rather than later or not at all. And this isn't a knock on DW, Brissett was playing top-10 ball, is all I'm saying.

Overall, this was a horrible game for the O. The other two phases of the game saved our butts, luckily. I don't think we need to be concerned about DW, but we need him to get back up to speed, and we need to make every move we can to make the playoffs.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Defense and special teams

Chubb and Hunt played well

Watson played eh ... a little bit rusty

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Rough game and Watson looked rusty as all hell, but a win is a win baby and we'll take it!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
-Ugly offense in general
-Good defense and special teams
-I'll happily take the 2-score win

Aside from how well the special teams played, this game went about how I expected it to. On to the Bengals.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Baltimore lost maybe you think about playing Jacoby?

But nah we have nothing to play for other than getting Watson ready for next year. It's going to be ugly, but he is the future and just have to stay with him for the duration of the season. It's what we invested in and signed up for, we're only hurting ourselves for next year if we go back to Jacoby. I do love Jacoby for the record.

Legend
Legend
I'm just glad it clearly looked like rust, and not that he lost a step.

aint it crazy how there was finally a game where the defense actually showed up and carried the team? im not gonna lie guys.....

im glad we won, but imma be really paying attention to the defensive effort the last bit of this season. cause this is two weeks in a row now that they suddenly decided to play like they have talent. we keep playing like this, the more upset imma be, because i can't help but think the defense decided not to try until DW comes back.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

I thought the big plays from the ST and D were awesome. I also saw the D let the Texans move down the field a few times. Luckily Houston's QB is just terrible, or things could have been very different. Chubb and Hunt ran hard. Watson definitely has to play much better, and I believe he will moving forward. A win is a win!

Last edited by CBFAN19; 12/04/22 05:31 PM.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
T
Legend
Legend
T
THAT SUCKED, IF THEY HAD BEEN PLAYING ANY ANY ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL, THEY WOULD HAVE LOZT TODAY.

IF THEY PLAY LIKE THAT THE NEXT TWO WEEKZ

CININNATI, AND BALTIMORE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE BROWNZ BY 4 SCORES EACH

and I'm not real happy about it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
If Baltimore lost maybe you think about playing Jacoby?

But nah we have nothing to play for other than getting Watson ready for next year. It's going to be ugly, but he is the future and just have to stay with him for the duration of the season. It's what we invested in and signed up for, we're only hurting ourselves for next year if we go back to Jacoby. I do love Jacoby for the record.
I hate the idea of the team playing or signing Jacoby, for the record, and from the day they did in around the time of the trade in February of 2022, but
as bad as Jacoby Brisset waz playing,

Watzon, ))so far, ) iz playing much worze.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Need to keep playing DW so he can get back to game speed. We're still in the playoff hunt but unlikely we'll get in. Play for next year with DW. A win is a win. Teams have won ugly against us over the last 20 years. They didn't complain about winning did they?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Watson has a lot of work to do. As painful as it was watching him play D and ST kept it fun to watch.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: mac
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
The D - slow start, but they definitely picked it up by the 2Q. They truly won the game with 2 INT TDs.
ST - Played way better today. Punts were solid and of course the Punt return.
O - Chubb, Hunt and DPJ put a lot of work in today. Over all, the O line is not playing as well as earlier this season and yes injuries are part of the problem. When you're on the 4th string center, you're at scrub level for some key positions.
Coaching - Play calls are still a bit mundane, but for this game, understandable with a "rookie" QB. LOL

Watson - more rust than a barn find Edsel. From a football ONLY perspective, 700 days on the bench showed up not only in reads but in pass mechanics. While I know the Browns aren't officially eliminated from a playoff berth, I think the real focus should just be getting Watson and the O in synch. Yes it's tempting to go Jacoby when Watson struggles, but like a flu shot, sometimes you got to take it and move on. These last few games are flu shots.

Just my opinion - YMMV.

M
Legend
Legend
M
- That felt like watching two 4th preseason game offenses going at it for four quarters. Brutal.

- Thank you to Kyle Allen for being absolutely terrible.

- Congrats to DPJ for returning the first punt for a TD since The Rabbit in 2015.

- Stefanski called a conservative game to try and get Watson in rhythm. Might need to sandblast him remove the rust.

- Three offensive points off the now 1-10-1 Texans is bad.

- I enjoyed the Felton sightings.

- Jacoby Brissett with the jet sweep to Haley Joel Osmet when Texans were thinking QB sneak. Nice play call.

- Wyatt Teller has not been himself.

- Woods and Priefer are going to survive after these past two weeks.

- It's a win and the Browns will remain in the 'In the hunt' graphic for another week.

- Game ball: Tony Fields who had himself a career day.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Thank goodness the Defense and Special Teams showed up today or it would have been a loss by a 1-9 team. Thank goodness Allen was horrible. Watson has A LOT of rust to brush off before Cincinnati and Baltimore the next 2 weeks. Chubb with under 20 carries again. Ugh.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I enjoyed the Felton sightings.

Why?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
4 members like this: OldColdDawg, CapCity Dawg, jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Brutal..

That says it all! Any other team in the league and we would have lost by 30 points.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Legend
Legend
T
Who iz going to zuit up at WR next week.
Micheal Woodz waz out today. David Bell went out with injury.
Njoku didn't play today,
DPJ... ehh, and then you have Cooper, and Zchwartz.

so basically you have Amari Cooper and that's it.

Legend
Legend
Never seen DW4 look worse, and that’s pretty much as bad as we’ll see him play I hope.

Our OL is a big concern lately. I think the Pocic loss is one of the biggest ones of the year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Kevin going to watch a real coach, i.e.
Kanzaz City'z coach would have kicked a FG, before the half if they had faced 4th and goal.
ehh, KC zcored a TD while typing making this pozt moot.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Why?
Why not.
I like Demetric Felton, maybe he haz a ceiling to reach and get better with more playing time, I don't think he iz in the washed up and will not ever get back to form timeframe of hiz career.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Today is a sad day for me...I think this win ensures we will run it back with Stefanski...a mediocre OC masquerading as a HC. Ugh. Next year will be another wasted year of Watson, Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio, Ward, etc.,.etc. because of this decision. This organization simply can't get out of its own way.

And I'm not sure if this is worse or not, but can Woods survive? I think its possible. Goodness.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Why?

Love a random cameo.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just saw on redzone it's the most points without an offensive touchdown since '99.

Ugly win, but that's Browns football lol

Legend
Legend
What a crazy game!

Good turnout of Browns fans at the game

Defense played well overall... that pick six was a great play! The fumble for TD really surprised me... need to see the reply, but Allen looked down from my angle...

DPJ TD was fantastic! Great timing as well...

Hunt and Chubb looked good... DW looked really rusty... he had a few flashes of his old self... but skipped several passes and overall looked like he was in preseason game 1... hoping he works some things out before next week

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c.

As I always say, a win is a win, regardless. A loss is a loss, regardless. I'd rather win ugly, then lose looking awesome.

We played a bad team. If not for the punt return td, and/or the blocked pass pick 6 or the fumble recovery td, we lose. Our o was bad.

Prior to the game, someone mentioned how poor the texans d was against the pass, and against the run. For whatever reason, that was not evident today.

I don't know what that means for sure...........but we got lucky. I believe we got 6 offensive points, total. Thank goodness for the pick 6, the f.r. for a td, and the special teams t.d. punt return.

DW, while rusty, played poorly. Instead of some ice bath tonight, or hot tub time tonight, maybe the trainers should soak him in a wd40 solution for a few hours to get rid of the rust. Or, at a minimum, loosen some of it.

A W ugly counts just as much as a wonderful brilliant W, no doubt. Name of the game is W's.

A lot of work ahead, though.

1 member likes this: RememberMuni
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Our OL is a big concern lately. I think the Pocic loss is one of the biggest ones of the year

While I can agree that the OLine had great timing with Pocic at center matched with Brissett at QB... the OLines performance today was not too shabby as the Browns ran for 174 yds.

The timing of the Watson's snap cadence was inconsistent the whole game. That inconsistency can affect the timing of the OLine calls as well as the timing of the snap. Just another issue that comes with a QB who hasn't played for 2 years.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by CBFAN19
J/C

I thought the big plays from the ST and D were awesome. I also saw the D let the Texans move down the field a few times. Luckily Houston's QB is just terrible, or things could have been very different. Chubb and Hunt ran hard. Watson definitely has to play much better, and I believe he will moving forward. A win is a win!

True, but if Houston's QBs weren't terrible, they are not likely 1-10-1

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Watson was never the same and never improved beyond today?

240 million guaranteed and he’s a bust?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Why would that be funny?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Why would that be funny?

It wouldnt be funny, it would be hilarious

Joe Thomas #73
R
Legend
Legend
R
Why would that be hilarious?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why would that be hilarious?

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Today is a sad day for me...I think this win ensures we will run it back with Stefanski...a mediocre OC masquerading as a HC. Ugh. Next year will be another wasted year of Watson, Chubb, Garrett, Bitonio, Ward, etc.,.etc. because of this decision. This organization simply can't get out of its own way.

And I'm not sure if this is worse or not, but can Woods survive? I think its possible. Goodness.
I support this comment.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Browns win despite Stefanski and his stupidity. LOL

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
An interesting observation on IF the defense was waiting to actually start playing once Watson came back. IF that is the case, you can ship every one of them off. That is unacceptable.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by The Beast
Browns win despite Stefanski and his stupidity. LOL

What'd he do that was stupid? Overall I thought he called a fine game... offense couldn't execute very well... but there weren't any major bonehead calls that I can recall... his challenge to start the game was a good one...

<><

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I watched a QB today that looked like rookie. Kinda funny how
Many Homer's on here said back in the summer Watson
Was better than guys like Burrow Hebert etc.
Watson struggled with basic high school throws.
Chubb and Hunt ran strong but you better enjoy it while
Its last cause Hunt is on borrowed time as a Brown

The Browns beat a expansion level roster today
If the Texans had a average QB they beat the Browns

I expect this offense to still struggle as long as Watson is starting
Us David Bell going to make a play this year?
He was so overhyped in the preseason

Myles Garrett was a non factor vs the run. How many times
Did he hit Pierce in the backfield?

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Legend
Legend
My big concern isn’t Watson’s inaccuracy, it’s HOW he was inaccurate. He was literally 3-4 feet short into the ground of targets. Weird IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Lemmys_Wart
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

J-Dubs kiddos hanging out in the locker room for the victory speech!

Legend
Legend
1. Stefanski always talks about 'complimentary football.' Today, I saw a different version of it. I saw D and ST step up to compensate for a struggling O. A team needs this in its arsenal.
2. I don't think the D was 'loafing until Game 12.' I think they were really slow to gel. I also think that Woods' decision to simplify the scheme was about 3-4 weeks too late.
3. #4: Soooo much rust. He needs to be painted with naval jelly 8 hrs/day, every day until the next game. Deep tissue naval jelly massages... administered by by hulking, ex-pro players with college physiology credits. (NO BABES/NO BIKINIS!!!!)

I called this concern weeks before his return. I don't care how great you are, 700 days off from The Job is not a bye weekend off in Cabo.

4. Called QB carries will need to be regular features (3-4 calls per game) until #4 gets his timing down with the receiving corps. DW has huge running instincts, and clean 5-yd gains from the pocket will not only loosen D's, but also give CLE some chain-moving plays while Watson figures things out.
5. This team won ugly against an NFL bottom-feeder. Much more will be required, if they are to win either of the next 2 games. If the O is slow to transition with #4, CLE could get curb-stomped early in The Watson Era.

Nice to see a win.
Unsettled about how we'll look over the next few weeks.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Texans 14 postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard